c7259063438e9515e931807472aa9871 (resized).jpg
wateruntitled (resized).png
Soul_Man_1986 (resized).png
white-chicks-movie-poster-2004-1010251874 (resized).jpg
White Chicks (resized).jpg
Heston clings02 (resized).jpg
poster2b (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

The overly sensitive strike again. What's next?

Its+very+noble+that+apu+always+says+quotthank+you+come+_b7bca8bc06c6950ced2ccd825773be7d (resized).jpgIts+very+noble+that+apu+always+says+quotthank+you+come+_b7bca8bc06c6950ced2ccd825773be7d (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

What.

#4 5 years ago

IMG_1357 (resized).PNGIMG_1357 (resized).PNG

#5 5 years ago

Do they even have debate in schools these days? Good thing Chico and the man, Sanford and son, and especially Archie Bunker are not on tv. Minds would melt. In the 70's we made fun of stereotypes and our deferences and now we act like shit doesn't exist and say I'm offended. As a society we keep taking steps backwards and can't even hold a conversation.

#6 5 years ago

84c024df1f30982400cf2d08f402186a (resized).jpg84c024df1f30982400cf2d08f402186a (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago

Where is all of the outrage for Bumblebee Man? (a Mexican stereotype on the Simpsons) Or how about Groundskeeper Willie??? The Scots must be up in arms!!!!

#8 5 years ago

Remember when you point a finger 4 are pointing back at you. When you are offended you are probably offending someone else with your views and actions. No one can go through life not offending someone.

#9 5 years ago

Not really surprised.

Schools won't even have Halloween parties anymore because some costumes are potentially offensive.
Can't say Merry Christmas, can't tell a girl she looks nice, can't question someone else's opinion because everyone gets offended.

I'm offended by everyone feeling offended.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Where is all of the outrage for Bumblebee Man? (a Mexican stereotype on the Simpsons)

In all fairness he is based on a real person.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

In all fairness a man of Indian descent owns the convenience store here in town.

#12 5 years ago

There's now 10 good seasons of The Simpsons and 15 bad ones. It's probably time to pull the rip cord on the whole thing, really.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's probably time to pull the rip cord on the whole thing, really.

Won't that put a damper on making another Simpsons pinball machine?

Or do you think it's possible they could still make one ten to twenty years after the fact and still sell them?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would love to see a 3rd Simpsons pinball machine based solely on their Halloween themed shows - the 'Treehouse of Horror' episodes...

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or do you think it's possible they could still make one ten to twenty years after the fact and still sell them?

Just label it "Retro" and people will eat it up.

On a side note, I'm hoping this topic does not offend a moderator so it stays out of the basement and/or unlocked.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

On a side note, I'm hoping this topic does not offend a moderator so it stays out of the basement and/or unlocked.

As long as no boobs post, we should be OK.

#17 5 years ago

But we've made several posts already. . . .

Oh, wait, you probably mean pictures.

#18 5 years ago

The biggest stereotype on that show is oafish white guy Homer.

Oh yeah... in before the lock.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The biggest stereotype on that show is oafish white guy homer.

He's made a mockery of yellow people everywhere....

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Beauty, Eh?!

#21 5 years ago

People offended by people being offended. Oh wait! See what happened there? Perhaps a little irony.

#22 5 years ago

IMG_1359 (resized).PNGIMG_1359 (resized).PNG

#23 5 years ago

hg (resized).jpghg (resized).jpg

#24 5 years ago

I would love to see a 3rd Simpsons pinball machine based solely on their Halloween themed shows - the 'Treehouse of Horror' episodes...

Would be an awesome license for Spooky to secure!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Would be an awesome license for Spooky to secure!

Damn.....now that's all I can think about. That would be amazing.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Oh yeah... in before the lock.

Just don't bring in Supreme pinball and how to pick up chicks. . .that will definitely lock up the thread

Major foul.

#27 5 years ago

rich-discount-indian-guy_o_1981657 (resized).jpgrich-discount-indian-guy_o_1981657 (resized).jpg

#28 5 years ago

edited as not to offend 1/2 of pinside

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

How about...
F: PC culture
F: Colbert
F: CNN
F: The Left

here here

we are long past the point of that should of happened

we have the same crap in Australia

#30 5 years ago

Such crap!! I love Apu. Everyone is so sensitive and people need to lighten up. My wife who happens to be indian can’t get enough of Apu! Lol

#31 5 years ago

Does this means the taxi driver in Road Show is next. Lol

#32 5 years ago

for christ sake whats this world coming to..its just a show.pretty soon they will have laws where you cant laugh in public places

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

we have the same crap in Australia

So true John! Hair trigger sensitivity,those looking to be outraged or offended.Where has all this recently come from?

Peter Sellers was a bumbling fool in The Party.I bet anyone would've hardly have battered an eyelid back then.

#34 5 years ago

The only correct response when someone says that they’ve been offended is..

Good, I’m glad that nothing serious has happened and only your feelings were hurt.

In a world full of free speech you can’t expect to never offend anyone. You can’t have thought without offending someone. Without offending someone the tough questions can never be asked and discussed.

#35 5 years ago

Originally from texas, I am offended by the cattle baron (as I yell yeehaw and shot my guns in the air)

#36 5 years ago

It's only OK nowadays to make fun of white stereotypes. You can make fun of Italians, Irish, or French all you want but once the joke is about someone non-white; people go all up in arms. I can't stand this PC BS!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

It's only OK nowadays to make fun of white stereotypes. You can make fun of Italians, Irish, or French all you want

I dunno, at some point the Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" are going to be declared offensive.

#39 5 years ago

The really silly part is that Apu is a pretty positive character.
Hard working, business owner, family man, friendly, helpful, volunteer fireman...................
It's not like he's portrayed as fat, stupid, ignorant, and lazy.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The really silly part is that Apu is a pretty positive character.
Hard working, business owner, family man, friendly, helpful, volunteer fireman...................
It's not like he's portrayed as fat, stupid, ignorant, and lazy.

Like Homer, the middle-aged white guy?

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

It's only OK nowadays to make fun of white stereotypes. You can make fun of Italians, Irish, or French all you want but once the joke is about someone non-white; people go all up in arms. I can't stand this PC BS!

Actually, it’s not acceptable at all. Making fun of any stereotype is called “casual racism”.

Racism is racism... This is not something we should be debating on Pinside

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

Racism is racism... This is not something we should be debating on Pinside

You are right. Racism is Racism, but I haven't seen any in this thread yet.

Racism is prejudice/actions/etc. based on the belief that your race is superior to another.

Good comedy uses cultural differences as a basis of humor, and usually highlights the irony of stereotypes and our perceptions of ourselves.

Laughing at our differences and our similarities is fine.

The PC police try to have you believe that ALL such humor or reference is derogatory in a malicious way. This is simply not true, and most reasonable people can tell the difference.

#43 5 years ago

“The idea that anyone, young or old, past or present, was bullied or teased based on the character of Apu, it just really makes me sad,” he said. “It was certainly not my intention. I wanted to spread laughter and joy.”
Hank Azaria on playing Apu.

Can you believe this guy? What a horrible human being.

#44 5 years ago

IB4TL. This is a website about pinball. Move along.

#45 5 years ago

So...

Quoted from Black_Knight:You are right. Racism is Racism, but I haven't seen any in this thread yet.
Racism is prejudice/actions/etc. based on the belief that your race is superior to another.

The NAACP....the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce...heck, any Beyoncé performance....those aren’t racist at all, right? But damn...get two white guys drinking a beer under a confederate flag and you’ve got a Nazi level killing machine of a KKK chapter.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

So...

The NAACP....the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce...heck, any Beyoncé performance....those aren’t racist at all, right? But damn...get two white guys drinking a beer under a confederate flag and you’ve got a Nazi level killing machine of a KKK chapter.

#48 5 years ago

Political correctness strikes again. Apu is funny. Dont lose him.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Does this means the taxi driver in Road Show is next. Lol

I was just thinking of thst lol

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Not really surprised.
Schools won't even have Halloween parties anymore because some costumes are potentially offensive.
Can't say Merry Christmas, can't tell a girl she looks nice, can't question someone else's opinion because everyone gets offended.
I'm offended by everyone feeling offended.

1D7D44DD-4225-44BE-84A4-796549B680E3 (resized).jpeg1D7D44DD-4225-44BE-84A4-796549B680E3 (resized).jpeg

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apu-is-now-up-against-the-ropes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.