Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ciner8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am trying to remove the apron from a Gottlieb Atlantis in order to do some playfield restoration. I've removed the two screws at the back. It seems like I should be able to gently lift the back of the apron and slide the apron forward to get it off the tabs at the other end. However, it's just not moving -- it seems to be fixed to something I can't see. There is no obvious varnish binding the front to the playfield.

Is there a trick to removing these aprons? Am I missing a third screw site?

#2 1 year ago

Nope, lift the back edge up and over the two back cleats then pop apron forward with your hand or a rubber mallet and it will "pop" off the 4 front cleats you see sticking thru the apron

#3 1 year ago

Sometimes you gotta give it a love tap, or 3

#4 1 year ago

You have to give it a nudge to get it past the 2 tabs holding it in front.

I'm a little late, what Ken said.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks all. Worked just as you said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-removal- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.