Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5366 (resized).JPG
IMG_5367 (resized).JPG
IMG_5368 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tscottn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Anyone know a source for a apron and upper arch for a Skyjump? I am thinking or replacing the ones I got as someone painted them with webbing and I dont really like the look. would rather a solid white. I think it would look much cleaner. Or should I strip and repaint then decal and clear coat? Will that even look as good as a original? Thanks.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Can’t you just lightly sand it, clean it and repaint it a matched white or does it have a texture build up?

Yes It has a texture to it. I can sand it down, the thing I am worried about is I will need to apply a decal on the apron. http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html I am wondering how this will look as compared to original.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Ebay sometimes has listings for Gottlieb EM aprons and ball arches. If you can wait, you'll see these parts listed ever month or so. But, they're sometimes hard to find in excellent condition.
You can also post at the EM Seeking Parts thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/98#post-4841884

thanks. while its not a emergency or anything, it is certainly something I would like to do eventually. So I can definitely wait a bit. I will post over at that thread too. thanks again.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Sky Jump originally had webbing on both areas. Are you sure it isn’t original? Can you post pictures of them?
The decals from Pinball Rescue are made well, but they look like gigantic stickers to me.

here are the pics.. maybe this is original.. idk..

IMG_5366 (resized).JPGIMG_5366 (resized).JPGIMG_5367 (resized).JPGIMG_5367 (resized).JPGIMG_5368 (resized).JPGIMG_5368 (resized).JPG
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

That is original factory. The Sky Jump’s on ipdb also have it.

i dont know why but i just dont like it, but I have decided to keep it since it is original and in good shape. thanks

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

FYI, you most likely will devalue the machine if you change either.

yes, im gonna keep it. i guess it will grow on me.. ))

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I don't think you're going to lose much money on a game based on whether or not the apron and arch are original.

your right, and I actually did change my mind a few hours ago. This machine is for me and I really dont ever intend on selling it anyway, so I am going to most likely replace or repaint.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You'll also notice that the playfield glass guides are red on this game. Not sure if they did that on any other game.

i did notice that.. but being a newb not sure if i really questioned it at all..)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tscottn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-and-upper-arch?tu=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.