You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5366 (resized).JPG
IMG_5367 (resized).JPG
IMG_5368 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Anyone know a source for a apron and upper arch for a Skyjump? I am thinking or replacing the ones I got as someone painted them with webbing and I dont really like the look. would rather a solid white. I think it would look much cleaner. Or should I strip and repaint then decal and clear coat? Will that even look as good as a original? Thanks.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Anyone know a source for a apron and upper arch for a Skyjump?

You could try 'wanted' in classifieds here.

#3 5 years ago

Can’t you just lightly sand it, clean it and repaint it a matched white or does it have a texture build up?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Can’t you just lightly sand it, clean it and repaint it a matched white or does it have a texture build up?

Yes It has a texture to it. I can sand it down, the thing I am worried about is I will need to apply a decal on the apron. http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html I am wondering how this will look as compared to original.

#5 5 years ago

Ebay sometimes has listings for Gottlieb EM aprons and ball arches. If you can wait, you'll see these parts listed ever month or so. But, they're sometimes hard to find in excellent condition.

You can also post at the EM Seeking Parts thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/98#post-4841884

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Ebay sometimes has listings for Gottlieb EM aprons and ball arches. If you can wait, you'll see these parts listed ever month or so. But, they're sometimes hard to find in excellent condition.
You can also post at the EM Seeking Parts thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/98#post-4841884

thanks. while its not a emergency or anything, it is certainly something I would like to do eventually. So I can definitely wait a bit. I will post over at that thread too. thanks again.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Yes It has a texture to it. I can sand it down, the thing I am worried about is I will need to apply a decal on the apron. http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html I am wondering how this will look as compared to original.

Yeah that sucks when people do that stuff. I’m sure you’ll eventually find what you need. Like Fredsmythson said, keep checking eBay. They post tons of older pinball parts every day. It would be interesting to see a picture of the damage.

#8 5 years ago

Sky Jump originally had webbing on both areas. Are you sure it isn’t original? Can you post pictures of them?

The decals from Pinball Rescue are made well, but they look like gigantic stickers to me.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Sky Jump originally had webbing on both areas. Are you sure it isn’t original? Can you post pictures of them?
The decals from Pinball Rescue are made well, but they look like gigantic stickers to me.

here are the pics.. maybe this is original.. idk..

IMG_5366 (resized).JPGIMG_5366 (resized).JPGIMG_5367 (resized).JPGIMG_5367 (resized).JPGIMG_5368 (resized).JPGIMG_5368 (resized).JPG
#10 5 years ago

That is original factory. The Sky Jump’s on ipdb also have it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Yep. You can see it on this flyer if you zoom in. I think it looks pretty good on the apron but not as much on the upper skirt. I’d love to own one of these machines.
ebay.com link: 0

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

i dont know why but i just dont like it, but I have decided to keep it since it is original and in good shape. thanks

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Also in pretty darn good condition!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

i dont know why but i just dont like it, but I have decided to keep it since it is original and in good shape. thanks

FYI, you most likely will devalue the machine if you change either.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

yes, im gonna keep it. i guess it will grow on me.. ))

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I don't think you're going to lose much money on a game based on whether or not the apron and arch are original.

#17 5 years ago

You'll also notice that the playfield glass guides are red on this game. Not sure if they did that on any other game.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I don't think you're going to lose much money on a game based on whether or not the apron and arch are original.

your right, and I actually did change my mind a few hours ago. This machine is for me and I really dont ever intend on selling it anyway, so I am going to most likely replace or repaint.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You'll also notice that the playfield glass guides are red on this game. Not sure if they did that on any other game.

i did notice that.. but being a newb not sure if i really questioned it at all..)

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

your right, and I actually did change my mind a few hours ago. This machine is for me and I really dont ever intend on selling it anyway, so I am going to most likely replace or repaint.

I am sure you could pick up an apron and ball arch from Skip -pinjunk ebay seller for a fair price. I understand that if you do not like something every time you play the game it will bug you! Its your call and yours alone.

#21 5 years ago

I hope you'll consider saving your original apron. Once you sand and repaint, the original paint and webbing will be gone forever. It's getting harder to find original parts in nice condition. So, maybe you'll save that original apron for someone who will need it. And then you could find another apron with rough paint that you can customize to your liking. Probably some extra work to do this , but just a thought on trying to preserve some of these original parts...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-and-upper-arch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.