(Topic ID: 47723)

April 18, 2013 and still no WOZ's delivered

By damionrowe

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

The Silence is Deafening!

#2 10 years ago

.....the checks in the mail

#3 10 years ago

Jack is not doing any more dates, but doing what it takes to start shipping.

"ish"

#4 10 years ago

I Just Received An Email Update, I'm Sure Someone Will Post It Shortly.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the update?

This is not a troll thread.

#8 10 years ago

They are on the way!

#9 10 years ago

The new boards have arrived and have been given the OK to put into production per Jack on his site. Also see the earlier post about the code .95 at PATZ and a short explanation about how the prototype boards cannot even handle all the upgrades in the new code. It will probably enlighten quite a few people to know this.

Supposedly the new boards will be coming in regularly now that they are approved and production for delivery will be starting real soon. I see no reason to not believe this is finally happening. And its not going to be a matter of months. All indications are production might even be less than two weeks away.

#10 10 years ago

Strange about the old boards not being powerful enough to handle the code - someone must be kicking themselves on that one. Certainly it couldn't have been planned to have prototype boards not being powerful enough to handle finished code - I can imagine that causing a major hangup. If that's the case, though, it would have been very easy to COMMUNICATE, and helped ease a lot of minds.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Strange about the old boards not being powerful enough to handle the code - someone must be kicking themselves on that one. Certainly it couldn't have been planned to have prototype boards not being powerful enough to handle finished code - I can imagine that causing a major hangup. If that's the case, though, it would have been very easy to COMMUNICATE, and helped ease a lot of minds.

I could not agree more. Life could have been more simple for everyone (including Jack) with simple information like this.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I could not agree more. Life could have been more simple for everyone (including Jack) with simple information like this.

And actually that's more a positive than a negative - "hey, our code is now so complex that the boards we thought could handle it just aren't going to work! And we don't want to send out machines that lag, so we are going to have to test and order even more powerful boards for this amount of code! We anticipate this process may add another xx weeks, but feel in the end it's worth it."

Getting a message like that wouldn't be a downer at all I don't think. Maybe the folks at JJP just don't ever want to say anything about any problems, thinking it's going to be a negative. But nothing wrong with needing more powerful boards.

#13 10 years ago

What are you talking about? I've had mine for weeks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/april-18-2013-and-still-no-wozs-delivered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.