DSC_0254.JPG
DSC_0251.JPG
DSC_0256.JPG
DSC_0250.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0246.JPG
DSC_0241.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Currently looking at a trade for my Sample CV and am curious what other Pinsiders think it might be worth in the current market. This game is 100% no errors and the boards have never been touched. Looks like I may get a TZ and an RFM for my CV, plus cash. Really trying to figure how much cash would be about right. The TZ and RFM are in similar condition to my CV.

Thanks,
The Honch

DSC_0241.JPGDSC_0241.JPG DSC_0246.JPGDSC_0246.JPG DSC_0243.JPGDSC_0243.JPG DSC_0250.JPGDSC_0250.JPG DSC_0256.JPGDSC_0256.JPG DSC_0251.JPGDSC_0251.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Beautiful machine. Someday I want one of these!!!

#3 12 years ago

Hmmm Tough decision, I do like both but CV is so kickass. Okay I thought about it hang on to it, Jpop pins are bragging rights when they are in your collection.

#4 12 years ago

Without seeing the inside I would say 4k to 4.5k . It could be worth more in the crazy world of pinball?

Good luck

Jim

#5 12 years ago

Sure you don't want a really nice TOM?

#6 12 years ago

Without seeing the inside I would say 4k to 4.5k . It could be worth more in the crazy world of pinball?

Jim are you talking about the boards or the inside of the cabinet? The inside of the cabinet is clean even the goody bag is still attached. I had to vacuum a little of that famous black pinball dust out but other than that it's pretty good.

Sorry Coasterguy I like TOM, but I'd rather have a TZ. Besides I always wanted to see what the RFM is like as well.

DSC_0254.JPGDSC_0254.JPG DSC_0252.JPGDSC_0252.JPG DSC_0261.JPGDSC_0261.JPG

#7 12 years ago

Man you have lots of room for more pins down there. I can't see any CV going for less than $5k anywhere...

#8 12 years ago

Looks pretty clean to me I think you could get about in the $5,500 to $5,800 range for it if you had time to wait to get the best offering price. The TZ in same shape since there are SO many of them out there probably in $4,000 to $4,300 range maybe a bit more and RFM probably about $2,000 to $2,300 range (value seems to have dipped lately).

So maybe if you kicked in about $700 give or take a hundred or two it would be considered a pretty fair deal all around. Just my two cents everyone has their own values they think are fair so in no way am I claiming to have the prices dead on.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Didn't see it was a sample version

#9 12 years ago

nice i see you have SS and EATPM

#10 12 years ago

A decent TZ is now going in the 5,000 range+., seems people all over are desperate/scouring for one. I feel a TZ should be in the 8,000 range, and will be soon I think....make the deal.

#11 12 years ago

You would get $10k easily for that CV over here, easily.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Looks pretty clean to me I think you could get about in the $5,000 to $5,300 range for it if you had time to wait to get the best offering price. The TZ in same shape probably in $4,000 to $4,200 range maybe a bit more and RFM probably about $2,000 to $2,300 range (value seems to have dipped lately).

So maybe if you kicked in about $1100 give or take a hundred or two it would be considered a pretty fair deal all around. Just my two cents everyone has their own values they think are fair so in no way am I claiming to have the prices dead on.

+1. CV = around 4800-5000, TZ = 3800 - 4000, RFM = 2200. Just using ballpark numbers, anything you pay under 1000, I'd say you got a really good deal.

#14 12 years ago

I have a mint HUO RFM in Chicago! I bought it Brand new in 1999

#15 12 years ago

Webfat got a mint cv for 4200. Sample would be worth more, but average value on a decent rfm is mid 2k's. Tz would be 4k.

I would say your cv plus 1500 if the tz and rfm are really nice.

#16 12 years ago

Beautiful game Honch! I recently sold mine for @ 6k. But like TDA said I had to wait a bit for it. Mine had new cabinet art on it and the playfield was perfect, but it was not a sample machine. I'd think you would easily get similar for the sample you show here. Regular ones seem to be going for at least $4500 to $5000 lately.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

I'd think you would easily get similar for the sample you show here.

I did not realize he had said it was a sample before. In that case I would agree that it would likely go for a bit more money especially in good shape. Takes time to find the right buyer if you want top dollar though.

#18 12 years ago

Nice game for sure Honch ! You should get 5k if you put it up for sale before Xmas. Shoot put it up for 6 and see what happens ...

Jim

#19 12 years ago

I couldnt get rid of RFM fast enough...

#20 12 years ago

I sold a non sample CV in nice condition for $5500. If you hold out long enough You could get 6k. There are plenty of TZ's out there. I'd just sell the CV & pick up a nice TZ and pocket the extra cash. RFM is Boooorrrriiiiinnnggg.

#21 12 years ago

This is not to crap on any sale by any means, and I get the rarity of sample/protos, and demand for some in that, but for me, they change things for a reason, and for a better. I have yet to see a sample or proto anything, other than the white lights in the back of F14 compared to the red flashers (minor dif though), that I really would care for over the standard.

Everyone makes a big deal about a proto IJ mini PF for example. The red side rails are much better than the stainless.

This hobby really doesn’t put much value into rarity over a good “winning” machine design. Rare usually means less good, and they made less because of that.

I’m talking in general here, and still understand at the end of the day a sample/proto will go higher than a standard, but not out of my wallet.

CV though is gorgeous either way. Don't sell.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

have yet to see a sample or proto anything, other than the white lights in the back of F14 compared to the red flashers (minor dif though), that I really would care for over the standard.

I agree with the above statement, except on CV in regards to a game that is only going to be used in the home. The skinny ringmaster is far more attractive than the fat one, it just fits the game far better and in the home, ball hang ups (for me at least) just weren't that much of an issue.

Honch do you have the skinny ringmaster?

#23 12 years ago

Atomicboy, I think some people just like them because there is less of them. My brother has a standard production CV, and unless someone pointed out the difference you would probably never know. I agree with you, I don't really value them any higher value in general.

I appreciate everyone's kind words about my CV, but this game just doesn't do it for me. My trade is still in the negotiating stage. I'm taking it slow on this deal.

Quoted from smassa:

I sold a non sample CV in nice condition for $5500. If you hold out long enough You could get 6k.

I can't believe people are shelling over 5k for a CV, but I do like the sounds of that.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

Honch do you have the skinny ringmaster?

Yeah, he came with the pin.

#25 12 years ago

Very NICE.

#26 12 years ago

I have a sample Dirty Harry and I can say it has better and more challenging game play than a production game .. So this could be the exception .

Jim

#27 12 years ago

On a wild guess, I will say you could get up to $6500

#28 12 years ago

I appreciate everyone's input. I think I'm actually going to just hold onto it for now. I semi regret getting rid of my MM and I don't want to make that mistake again.

#29 12 years ago

Sell it and get something more fun to play ! Hanging on to pins just because they are popular and expensive is just plan silly if you truly love to play pinball !

Mix it up and have fun !

Jim

#30 12 years ago

I love CV. I can't imagine getting rid of it. I feel that way about them all though.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Sell it and get something more fun to play !

This is ultimately what I want to do. Problem is, it seems like slim pickens around here these days and I'm not the kind of guy who has games shipped.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Sell it and get something more fun to play ! Hanging on to pins just because they are popular and expensive is just plan silly if you truly love to play pinball !

Mix it up and have fun !

Jim

Bingo!!!

I've traded an AFM for an IM, and sold my CV to get a Tron LE. Then I traded my Tron LE for a SM. Now I'm trading my IM for a MB! Sold my LOTR LE and replaced it with a SS (which reminds me, I need a new Avatar).

I'm addicted to trading pins. Screw keeping them for bragging rights! Mix it up!

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Screw keeping them for bragging rights! Mix it up!

I become so attached to them, I can't do this. Even to trade up for a nicer exmaple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 132.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/appraise-my-cv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.