(Topic ID: 277148)

Apple vs Epic Studios who’s side do you support?

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“Who’s side are you on?”

• Team Apple 20 votes
    50%
  • Team Epic 20 votes
    50%

(40 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69F81DB6-83B3-4AD9-9883-01B69CA86DB2 (resized).jpeg
277FC92E-FE78-45F0-97E9-7E1525144B8F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider la4s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Epic implementing a pay structure to bypass the Apple store commissions, this led to Apple removing Fortnight.
I realize Epic wants to keep all the profits, wants to use Apple’s services for free. I’m on the side of Apple, it’s almost like Coke would say to a supermarket sell my product but you don’t get to make any profits from it.

I wouldn't say it is this simple. Apple intentionally locks down it's platform so developers have no choice but to use the app store. It is their environment, but they don't allow free market for other environments to exist on their platfoem

Imagine if Microsoft did this with Windows. You use there environment, why shouldn't you pay Microsoft everytime you download something off of the internet?

Apple intentionally stifles competition all in the name of their Brand.

With that being said, I think you should pay a small fee to apple if you choose to use their environment. But, you also have to keep in mind other companies like Netflix are already bypassing the Apple store policies.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider la4s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apple-vs-epic-studios-whos-side-do-you-support?tu=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.