3233710827_34294f21b1_b (resized).jpg
45982-cannonball-blitz-apple-ii-front-cover (resized).jpg
Nintendo carts.jpeg
A2.NEEDHAM.EPROM.CARD.JPEG
zipchip2.gif
20180125_215037 (resized).jpg
20180125_215133 (resized).jpg
7D446DC9-1A6E-4D26-8E0A-AF895A785726 (resized).png
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I have somehow collected a number of Apple II computers:
two ][+
two //e (one enhanced, one platinum)
one //c
one IIgs (Woz edition)
one Laser 128EX

Plus various monitors, floppy drives, software, accessories...

#52 6 years ago

Oh, and if you'd like to play Apple II games in your browser:
http://www.virtualapple.org/

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You got me there... I don't remember this one.

Airheart was by Dan Gorlin who as you probably know did Choplifter. I always wanted this game but never got it.

Anything in particular you're looking for? I know I have a lot of stuff, often with original packaging, that I've inexplicably held onto for 35 years.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Airheart was by Dan Gorlin who as you probably know did Choplifter. I always wanted this game but never got it.
Anything in particular you're looking for? I know I have a lot of stuff, often with original packaging, that I've inexplicably held onto for 35 years.

Sent you a PM!

#55 6 years ago

I had a lot of favorites. Lode Runner, of course. Sea Dragon. Sammy Lightfoot. Hardball. Montezuma's Revenge. And I think my favorite was Conan. I remember playing Conan every day after school for a few weeks until I finally beat it. Apple // days were the best...

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Apple // days were the best...

Makes for the perfect bumper sticker!

#57 6 years ago

The first digitally converted sound I heard was a file on my Apple //e, it was the theme for The Greatest American Hero. You could make out what it was, but it didn't sound anything like audio files today...

Brad

#58 6 years ago

Drelbs!

I used to have a //c setup when I was in college

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Remember Cannonball Blitz. It was a Donkey Kong ripoff ...
» YouTube video

The cover art on CannonBall Blitz was awesome. He has a joystick hooked up to his cannon with two cans of Budweiser sitting next to him.

45982-cannonball-blitz-apple-ii-front-cover (resized).jpg45982-cannonball-blitz-apple-ii-front-cover (resized).jpg

#60 6 years ago

Back in the 80s I won a logo design contest sponsored by the city. The prize was supposed to be an Apple II. When I got to the award presentation I found out that they had switched it to a Trash-80 CoCo (the then brand new 64k TRS-80 Color Computer 2 as I recall). Boy, I was pissed! I can only imagine what the mayor must have thought: 'Gee, this guy just won a free computer. Why does he look so mad?' I have to admit, the Tandy was a nice upgrade over the Vic-20 I was still using at the time. I did eventually get a IIe and even a IIGS, but by then the Mac was out and that was all I really cared about.

#61 6 years ago

Transylvania series, Conan:Hall of Volta and The Goonies.

#62 6 years ago

Has anyone played the Tetris rip-off columns for the Apple — I want to say IIgs? This had an awesome soundtrack, wish I could hear it again.. have not found it though yet.

HighVoltage — try future Pinball. It’s not quite as simple as drag and drop but pretty close.. at least before you get into the scripting, light, sound, and art.

Anyone play pirates! On an Apple? Spent a lot of time on that one..

#63 6 years ago

Can’t believe I haven’t seen Starblazer, played a ton of that as a kid.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

Can’t believe I haven’t seen Starblazer, played a ton of that as a kid.

That game was amazing! I’ve often wondered if anyone’s made a sequel with similar 2D gameplay. So awesome!

#65 6 years ago

3233710827_34294f21b1_b (resized).jpg3233710827_34294f21b1_b (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

$34.95 hahaha. Same price as the stickers on my Atari landfill cartridges.

And yet all these 20 year olds on YouTube complain about the "lack of content" in $60 games. They must not teach inflation in school now?

#67 6 years ago

Still looking!

2782160-beer_run_apple_ii_1_1 (resized).jpg2782160-beer_run_apple_ii_1_1 (resized).jpg

#68 6 years ago

This was such a fun two player game!

Spy vs. Spy (resized).jpgSpy vs. Spy (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago

Bump... couple guys responded about having some to sell but have not hear back yet. Anyone else?

#71 6 years ago

Super Bowl bump

#72 6 years ago

Alice in Wonderland

#73 6 years ago

a2_Skyfox_1984_Electronic_Arts.gifa2_Skyfox_1984_Electronic_Arts.gif

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Transylvania series, Conan:Hall of Volta and The Goonies.

27731-transylvania-apple-ii-front-cover (resized).jpg27731-transylvania-apple-ii-front-cover (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Has anyone played the Tetris rip-off columns for the Apple — I want to say IIgs? This had an awesome soundtrack, wish I could hear it again.. have not found it though yet.

Yes, that game was great.

#76 6 years ago

I still have my IIGS Woz Edition. IIGS games I have that I would have to dig up are Last Ninja, Arkanoid 1 and 2, Skate or Die, Winter and Summer Games, Warlock, Thexder, and Sipheed. Those were the 3.5 disks. I think the only 5.25’s I have were Data East games like Tag Team Wrestling, Commando, Ikari Warriors, Kung Fu, and a copied version of Robotron. After watching some YouTube videos can’t believe I never had Rastan for the IIGS, it sounded and looked awesome.

1 week later
#79 6 years ago

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Had one of these running at 4 MHz, that was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it died.

I had a Transwarp card in my //e. It's been so long now that I can't remember if it was the original Transwarp or the model II but it did make that machine stupid fast. Only problem is it sped up the whole machine, so the Apple*Net BBS I ran on it would time out the answer tone too quickly, so if a caller's modem didn't respond right away, it would hang up on 'em..

Richard

#81 6 years ago

0c119f79aa124a9ad66d6b6e587a6a0d (resized).jpg0c119f79aa124a9ad66d6b6e587a6a0d (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

I had a Transwarp card in my //e. It's been so long now that I can't remember if it was the original Transwarp or the model II but it did make that machine stupid fast. Only problem is it sped up the whole machine, so the Apple*Net BBS I ran on it would time out the answer tone too quickly, so if a caller's modem didn't respond right away, it would hang up on 'em..
Richard

That's funny. You'd have to rewrite the software to make it work properly. They're not too expensive. I'm on the list for a CFFA card, so if I start getting seriously nostalgic I may have to pick up a Transwarp too. The TWs for the IIgs go for stupid money.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Rescue Raiders was another awesome game. It was like Choplifter but better. I also have very fond memories of Prince of Persia, Conan the Barbarian, Karateka and Archon.

Man I played the hell out of Rescue Raiders, one of my favorites of all time! I loved the strategy.

2 months later
#84 5 years ago

Anyone going to check this out? This stuff should go in a museum...

The History of Gaming Sale! Single Owner Collection over 1000+ Lots Will Be Offered!

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Edison/08837/1823076

#85 5 years ago

It was a good time to be involved with computers...

Brad

upgrade_time.jpgupgrade_time.jpg

5 months later
#86 5 years ago

I'm at the PRGE (Portland Retro Gaming Expo) this weekend. There's some good pin activity at this show and here's a bunch of classic computers and consoles set up for playing games. But an Apple //e is just sitting there at the basic prompt. I ask if they have some disks and I'll boot something up on it, but they don't. Anyway, I start wondering what game I would have brought to show off the Apple. Something that make you go, wow, didn't know an Apple II could do that.

I always appreciated the Mr. Do conversion which was really well done. There's a couple games that have amazing digitized speech, but don't remember the names. What game blew you away back in the day?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm at the PRGE (Portland Retro Gaming Expo) this weekend. There's some good pin activity at this show and here's a bunch of classic computers and consoles set up for playing games. But an Apple //e is just sitting there at the basic prompt. I ask if they have some disks and I'll boot something up on it, but they don't. Anyway, I start wondering what game I would have brought to show off the Apple. Something that make you go, wow, didn't know an Apple II could do that.
I always appreciated the Mr. Do conversion which was really well done. There's a couple games that have amazing digitized speech, but don't remember the names. What game blew you away back in the day?

Skyfox for sure with its hyper fast scrolling.

Castle Wolfenstein and Sea Dragon had speech. I know there were more, but I can't remember them right now.

#88 5 years ago

Been waiting 3 years for one of these virtual hard/floppy drive cards. Looking forward to digging out the Apple this winter and trying it out.

IMG_0434 (resized).JPGIMG_0434 (resized).JPG
#89 5 years ago

Anyone have a working Apple II, IIplus, IIc, IIe they want to get rid of? Looking for a working computer. Don't really need monitors or drives just the PC. PM if you have one you want to sell.

2 weeks later
#90 5 years ago

I have a NOS Apple II High Speed SCSI Card if anyone is interested. It's in a factory sealed service box, not the retail packaging.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apple-ii-games-and-hardware/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.