image.jpg
IMG_9996.JPG
IMG_9972.JPG
IMG_9973.JPG
10562569_813554745372421_9003153069692085944_o(1).jpg
10881578_813619648699264_4261019621705926861_n.jpg
lamepun.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

We just want to be here for the long haul guys. Best way I know how to do that is just work hard and make every improvement we can afford.

Original themes are a tough sell if your name isn't Nordman, J Pop, Ritchie, Or Lawlor. Ben and I worked all weekend and were joking about how a game like Taxi or Funhouse would go over if we made them today.

I love the original themes and I really hope we get to do lots of them. Right now, just gotta stay focused on AMH and sell those puppies out! I owe it to Ben to make that happen for all he's done for us. We think the world of that crazy dude.

Thanks to everyone who supports us. You're as much a part of this as we are. All we can do is the best job we know how, listen to feedback, and be honest.

1 week later
#121 9 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

1. Not got the necessary clearances/certifications to ship down-under (As far as I am aware)

Working hard on that now... first game going to Canada real soon, then the rest of the world.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Divide 50/8 and you get 5-6 months as a worst case.

I reject your claim sir (sort of) We've hired a new cabinet minion in the last few weeks, and should probably hire a another utility minion to speed up this process a little more.

Here's the "no bs" part. I'm trying hard to keep all my guys fully employed and the balancing act is this... Build faster than we sell, not good. Sell faster than we can build... not good either. So, we take baby steps here until we get it right.

6 games in play testing, 1 in the box, 1 ready to be boxed. Next 10 games behind these are already under way!

Here's what I know... haven't had more than a Sunday off in 2 years, and we're sending all the minions home for a 4 day weekend, and other than meeting a truck on Friday to ship a game I'm gonna do the same and just hang out with my family.

That's all I wanted for Christmas this year.

Merry Christmas everyone! Can't thank you all enough for the support you've given us this past year. Lot's of first world problems to conquer in 2015 here and make this little company even better!

100_1930.JPG100_1930.JPG

1 week later
#148 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone bringing an AMH to the Texas show in March?

Yes... WE WILL BE BRINGING AN AMH TO TEXAS!!!

Really, that's a big deal for us. We're just now getting to the point we can afford to get out and hit a few more shows and it really feels pretty damn good. We've never been farther from home than Chicago or Milwaukee with a game, so this is gonna be a loooong road trip from Benton, WI... but an absolute blast!

Can't wait to get there.

1 week later
#158 9 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Just found out mine shipped yesterday...I hope the delivery is as smooth as the play that you mention Bryan.

I think we forgot to put the "Inspected by Bryan" decal in your game. Hope it makes it safe & sound sir!

He came in, drank a bunch of beer, told me our stapler sucked (he was right) and told me to order the same pneumatic model he uses in his hospital-clean workshop.

So we did. Because he's Bryan &%$#ing Kelly.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

It sounds like mine is shipping soon too. Team Spooky is cranking them out! I can't wait!

Our first game to cross into Canada Eh! We should have picked up Bryan on the way to the Great White North and delivered that one in person. Nothing better than heading north of Wisconsin / Minnesota in January right?!

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Hey, Charlie. I understand that you and Ben are considering licensed themes going forward in order to increase revenue. Have you given any consideration to doing a Rob Zombie theme? Aurich created an interesting thread on that subject over a year ago, initially thinking that Stern might consider the idea. However, after in-depth discussion, many of the participants (including myself) figured that a Rob Zombie theme would be more suited to Spooky Pinball rather than Stern.

A friend just brought this to my attention... sorry! Busy work day.

We're weighing options right now on how to grow the company, and a license just obviously works. Pretty sure it's common knowledge at this point I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan. Never say never! I'd love to do a game with / for Rob!

1 week later
#252 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Looking forward to playing one at the TPF. I'm betting they sell a few there.

Haven't even gotten there yet, and we've sold a couple already.

We listen guys... and we're doing all we can to speed things up. Sometimes faster isn't better if quality suffers. And, as I've said before, sales drive everything. Build faster than we sell, my employees are out of work. Sell faster than we can build, customers get upset.

BUT... we can and will get better! Baby steps. Just trying to do things as right as we possibly can.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

How far away if at all are you to acquiring an australian distributor?

We might just have something in place already.

Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

wondering if Spooky would consider an Alice Cooper or Dethklok

We are working on acquiring a license now. It's really a tough process at this level, and a lot of money to lay out. Again, we are trying very hard to move away from the pre-order thing and just sell games, so whatever we do on game #2 has to be set up by game #1. We put every dime we can back into the company for this very reason.

My whole family (especially my son and I) are HUGE Alice Cooper fans, so never say never.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/applause-for-spooky-pinball?tu=SpookyCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.