image.jpg
IMG_9996.JPG
IMG_9972.JPG
IMG_9973.JPG
10562569_813554745372421_9003153069692085944_o(1).jpg
10881578_813619648699264_4261019621705926861_n.jpg
lamepun.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 9 years ago

Me and a couple buddies spent the last two days at Spooky Pinball, play testing three AMH's ready to ship. It was a bitch of a job, but someone had to do it. I don't know who the games are going to, but they all played smooth as can be and I know the owners will be very happy.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Me and a couple buddies spent the last two days at Spooky Pinball, play testing three AMH's ready to ship. It was a bitch of a job, but someone had to do it. I don't know who the games are going to, but they all played smooth as can be and I know the owners will be very happy.

My dream job after retirement. Spooky headquarters testing games ready to ship.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

My dream job after retirement. Spooky headquarters testing games ready to ship.

Better find out if they offer an employee Hookah Bar, first. Gotta offer perks if you want to attract talent.

#155 9 years ago

Will AMH be at the Louisville Arcade Expo?

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just found out mine shipped yesterday...I hope the delivery is as smooth as the play that you mention Bryan.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Just found out mine shipped yesterday...I hope the delivery is as smooth as the play that you mention Bryan

You'll have to change your avatar then! "Winners" might be the right term for AMH owners.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Just found out mine shipped yesterday...I hope the delivery is as smooth as the play that you mention Bryan.

I think we forgot to put the "Inspected by Bryan" decal in your game. Hope it makes it safe & sound sir!

He came in, drank a bunch of beer, told me our stapler sucked (he was right) and told me to order the same pneumatic model he uses in his hospital-clean workshop.

So we did. Because he's Bryan &%$#ing Kelly.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I think we forgot to put the "Inspected by Bryan" decal in your game. Hope it makes it safe & sound sir!
He came in, drank a bunch of beer, told me our stapler sucked (he was right) and told me to order the same pneumatic model he uses in his hospital-clean workshop.
So we did. Because he's Bryan &%$#ing Kelly.

Hopefully, we didn't leave any "empties" in that one.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You mean "Collectors Items"! Hehe.

#161 9 years ago

Put my order in. Can't wait to play it. Never seen or played it but the posts here convinced me to order it.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

Put my order in. Can't wait to play it. Never seen or played it but the posts here convinced me to order it.

Hopefully Charlie let's me know when yours is ready to ship and we can leave some "special" something in yours too.

#163 9 years ago

Do I have to pay extra for the BK treatment on mine?

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do I have to pay extra for the BK treatment on mine?

We'll leave some full ones. But just for you, Hilton.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All good. If you did I will only add to the "empties".

Game will be delivered sometime Thursday afternoon and the plan is to have it set up and playing Thursday night and all day Friday.

Thanks Again Spooky Team

#166 9 years ago

It sounds like mine is shipping soon too. Team Spooky is cranking them out! I can't wait!

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

It sounds like mine is shipping soon too. Team Spooky is cranking them out! I can't wait!

Our first game to cross into Canada Eh! We should have picked up Bryan on the way to the Great White North and delivered that one in person. Nothing better than heading north of Wisconsin / Minnesota in January right?!

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

What clearances/certifications are needed? Are these c/c also needed for second hand machines? Are these c/c even enforced and if so how?

Bump.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Nothing better than heading north of Wisconsin / Minnesota in January right?!

It's beautiful here, eh? It's a balmy 0 degrees Celsius right now! Better than the -26 (about -15 Fehrenheit) of last week.

Come on up!

#170 9 years ago

Are theses shipping? (I see the post is over a month old). How many are they shipping a week?

#171 9 years ago

How many have sold at this point?

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Are theses shipping? (I see the post is over a month old). How many are they shipping a week?

Twoish. Maybe more now, I think they hired another minion. They've been shipping at a slow-and-steady pace for half a year or so. Spooky has no intentions to be a huge company that makes tons of games: I think Charlie said he'd be happy with a couple hundred a year in the long term.

Quoted from patrickvc:

How many have sold at this point?

~75? I think they mentioned a while ago that they were half sold out of the run (of 150).

#173 9 years ago

I dont understand this pin is not selling like hot pancakes.

Open source software is a huge thing for pinball! Besides that, this game looks like a ton of fun.

And people order so many pins unseen, but this one is a bit ignored. Why is that? It is an american brand too.

Just dont have a clue.

This game will never stop getting new code. Are people realising this? This game will always keep on developing codewise. And so is next pin and so on.

The bigger the community, the bigger chances are some bloke you never heard of can add an epic extra mode to your pin.

If Stern would do this, open source software. All pins would get finished, all bugs can be erased. By the community.

Years after a pin has been around, some guy can make a complete new ruleset and game modes. Just a new game, same lay out and toys, but different code.

(Dont understand why companies dont do that by the way)

I think that is THE next gen pinball should go to.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Me neither. Unfortunately, I can't sight-unseen buy one and ship it to Japan, or I'd think long and hard about doing so.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Me neither. Unfortunately, I can't sight-unseen buy one and ship it to Japan, or I'd think long and hard about doing so.

You buy it and I will assist with shipping logistics. You will likely have to deal with electrical stuff but that is a way to get around the fact that they are not shipping to all countries.

I will offer this to anyone from afar that wants the game but is currently unable to get it due to Spooky shipping restrictions (now US and sounds like CAN only?). Liability is on you, but I am happy to pick up and set up for shipping out of Madison, WI. This way spooky did not sell you the game but technically you are buying it on the secondary market Protects them and also gets you a game if you want it. Win/Win!

#176 9 years ago

No problem shipping a fifty year old clunker but a brand new plank is burdened and crippled by beaurocracy. No wonder western world manufacturing is in the shitter.

#177 9 years ago

Open source software is a huge thing for pinball! Besides that, this game looks like a ton of fun.
And people order so many pins unseen, but this one is a bit ignored. Why is that? It is an american brand too.
Just dont have a clue.
This game will never stop getting new code. Are people realising this? This game will always keep on developing codewise. And so is next pin and so on.
The bigger the community, the bigger chances are some bloke you never heard of can add an epic extra mode to your pin.
If Stern would do this, open source software. All pins would get finished, all bugs can be erased. By the community.
Years after a pin has been around, some guy can make a complete new ruleset and game modes. Just a new game, same lay out and toys, but different code.
(Dont understand why companies dont do that by the way)
I think that is THE next gen pinball should go to.

It's not a licensed theme, plain and simple.

#178 9 years ago

I got my AMH way back in September and I have had a blast updating some of the music and sounds to give the game a darker tone. Anyone can do it. I'm looking forward to seeing what someone with actual coding skills could do with the software.

I can't believe this game isn't sold out yet. Other vaporware games with a popular license at a higher price have sold 10x as many machines. I guess it's a combination of funds tied up in other projects and the original theme used for this. Lots of people gripe about the art and audio, but I think it's just fine, if not great. If there is something that grates on you, remove it or sub in your own sound file.

#179 9 years ago

Great game and I briefly talked to Ben at MGC last year. I didn't know who he was at the time and kinda talked down to him about the Oculus Rift. I was explaining to him what it was and what was developed for it and was spouting off info to him and he pretty said "Yeah I know Oculus Rift, I visited their headquarters last year."

Can't wait to talk to him about P-ROC this year and how to use it.

It is great to see how this pin evolved and will hopefully have a few games played on it this coming MGC. Yes, applesauce to Spooky Pinball.

#180 9 years ago

I dont understand this pin is not selling like hot pancakes

Its that Ben guy. People are weary of someone who hoards that many springs.

And with Bryan Kelly involved, sheez, don't get me started

PinFootsies2.jpgPinFootsies2.jpg
#181 9 years ago

It's not sold out yet, because not enough people have played it yet.

I was turned off by the theme and speech until I played it and realized how AWESOME it really is. I was a convert after about 15 minutes of game play.

A guy in Phoenix has AMH#3 and I believe there are now 4 people just in AZ that ordered it after playing his (and another on the fence, come on Pat, you know you want it!!). By the time they deliver game #150 and enough people finally get to play it, there will be another 100 people wanting to buy it.

#182 9 years ago

Yes Cheers to BEN!! what an achievement!

and as stated above the game can always be made better and refreshed. do a shop job and change the code and have a new machine. GENIUS

#183 9 years ago

I played AMH at FPF in Orlando in November. It was a lot of fun. Great job, Ben and Spooky Pinball!

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I was turned off by the theme and speech until I played it and realized how AWESOME it really is. I was a convert after about 15 minutes of game play.
A guy in Phoenix has AMH#3 and I believe there are now 4 people just in AZ that ordered it after playing his (and another on the fence, come on Pat, you know you want it!!). By the time they deliver game #150 and enough people finally get to play it, there will be another 100 people wanting to buy it.

Yeah I know, I'm going to order, but I'd like to sell a pin or two first. I have a little time left I think. I will pull the trigger before they are gone.

#185 9 years ago

That's why I was curious as to how many are left

#186 9 years ago

Around 80 have sold, thus 70 left.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Agreed, I played it at Expo two years ago and wasn't super impressed with it. Then I played #3 and it was so much fun. Played it on location in Pittsburgh as well and had a blast. Then went to expo and played a couple machines there a lot and had so much fun. That's why I decided to buy it as my xmas present to myself over the holiday break

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Around 80 have sold, thus 70 left.

That is AWESOME Ben!!!

Picking up steam now!

#189 9 years ago

I actually don't think it has as much to do with the theme as much as it's the fact that were none available to play that is the cause the initial slow start more than anything else. A good game is a good game, once people experience it they'll buy it just as fast as any other game. Kind of like making a new video game franchise but not having a demo up, it's a lot easier to convince people to buy your product if you allow them to play it some first. The closest one to me is 5 hours away, I had to order it without playing it as the 150 limit somewhat forced my hand on it (I knew it would sell out before one was ever close to me). However it's pretty likely that I would have ordered it after playing it, I just had to do it sooner rather than later.

Post edited by taylor34

#190 9 years ago

I don't think any have shipped in quite awhile. I haven't seen anyone one posting "yeah I got mine" in a while.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not a licensed theme, plain and simple.

Maybe. Lets wait what jjp #3 is gonne do.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I don't think any have shipped in quite awhile. I haven't seen anyone one posting "yeah I got mine" in a while.

shipping lots each week it appears but not everyone post the "yeah I got mine" nor are they all on pinside.

#193 9 years ago

c2c Nate just got his recently.

#194 9 years ago

They literally made two every week for months. It's not a fast_ rate of shipping, but they're shipping steadily. Two is not enough to get statistics from, though.

I wonder how many will sell due to C2C pinball having long segments of Nate gushing about it..

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Spooky regularly posts pictures on their facebook page.

Here is one from last week of 4 boxed and ready to ship.

Spooky pinball shipping 4.jpgSpooky pinball shipping 4.jpg
#196 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is AWESOME Ben!!!

Picking up steam now!

I had to get in before they hit 150. Happy to add to the steam. Let the (not really that long) wait begin.

#197 9 years ago

Chuck dropped off their "house AMH" (basically a game made of parts seconds) and I'm prepping a V17 code update.

Nothing radical, fixes a glitch in Video Mode and more elegant ball search. But certainly worth updating to. Probably have that in a week or two.

Then I hope to improve lighting FX and give the Tech, Wiki and Pyschic shots more function for a V18 in time for Dallas.

#198 9 years ago

I have had a few issues since the last code update where the game seems to completely crash. It has only happened to me twice, but other people playing it at parties have complained that it happened to them too. All switches stop registering and the dmd displays a fixed garbage image, like something out of the background of an animation or something. Has anyone else run into this?

#199 9 years ago

Well the reason I don't have one on order is, with a wedding coming up and my first house there is no such thing as a pinball budget.

So sure its an un-licensed theme but maybe there a lot of pinsiders out there like myself that simply can't purchase NIB pins.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Spooky regularly posts pictures on their facebook page.
Here is one from last week of 4 boxed and ready to ship.
Spooky pinball shipping 4.jpg 155 KB

This is obviously Photoshopped, this guy has sleeves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/applause-for-spooky-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.