image.jpg
IMG_9996.JPG
IMG_9972.JPG
IMG_9973.JPG
10562569_813554745372421_9003153069692085944_o(1).jpg
10881578_813619648699264_4261019621705926861_n.jpg
lamepun.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 years ago

Sent my check in today. Hopefully will get it before the Zapcon show out here in Arizona in April.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

So does anyone in Michigan have one? I'd really like to play before buying.

After ordering today, there will be one in Michigan but it is going to take a little while. Can't wait. Come on Spooky!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

After ordering today, there will be one in Michigan but it is going to take a little while. Can't wait. Come on Spooky!

Yeah, I'd like to play one soon, so I can send in payment.

I know I should have went to expo. If it wasn't for this job, I'd have a lot more fun. But a lot less money.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Best non licensed Game of 2014!!!!! This game is so much fun! Worth the money!!!!!!!
GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

That is pretty awesome thing to hear coming from someone who has had every game come through his shop. Your right though. I still scream that the game is a hoot in every way.

#55 9 years ago

Maybe I should order another one

#56 9 years ago

So, how close is Spooky to selling out AMH?

#57 9 years ago

When I first inquired 3 weeks ago they said they were just about halfway there. I've got to believe the second half will sell much quicker than the first half now there there are some out there to play. I heard that besides me there might be 3 others in Arizona that ordered the game after playing Mark's game.

#58 9 years ago

Just sent in my second payment today. I want to thank Spooky Pinball for working with me on a payment plan. I had to have this game!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

When I first inquired 3 weeks ago they said they were just about halfway there. I've got to believe the second half will sell much quicker than the first half now there there are some out there to play. I heard that besides me there might be 3 others in Arizona that ordered the game after playing Mark's game.

I agree. I've said this for months. When more pinheads get real time on this game they will fall in love with it. It is the little Boo that could.
It gave me a "Spiritually Transmitted Disease"! LMAO

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It is the little Boo that could.

Agreed. Out of all of the different boutique pins, this one looked the least appealing to me at first sight online. The sound was goofy with the amateur voice actors, the playfield art wasn't spectacular looking, the toys did not appear ground breaking.

Then I got to play one and I was blown away. The playfield surface looked smoother than any Stern or CPR or anybody else's playfields for that matter. The layout for the game is great, it has really good flow, the rules are pretty self explanatory after just a couple of games, and while easy to understand it was still difficult to play. Had not gotten more than 2 or 3 of the ghosts started in a single game in the hour or so I played it.

And turns out I loved the theme and the goofy voice acting and the humor. Silly stuff like the different voice that comes in to tell you how many photos you need in the photo hunt mode and them striking out the plural "s" in "photos" when the countdown changes from needing 2 photos to needing 1 photo.

The only things I didn't like are the flippy ghost video mode and the exposed GI light strips on the sides of the interior, but I plan on making some sort of shroud to shield them from the player's eyes.

I enjoyed the game more than WOZ or Metallica and enough to make the decision to buy one to put next to my ACDC and Tron in my office. And initially I was saving that spot for TWD.

#61 9 years ago

Can't wait to get mine.

#62 9 years ago

I followed Spooky since I saw the early prototype at MGC 2 years ago. We were lucky enough to be in the room when Steve Ritchie stopped in to say hello and check out their creation. His response to the game made me want it even more. He seemed to dig it. I have a photo somewhere of he and Charlie talking over the game. Very cool of him to chat with the guys about their game.

#63 9 years ago

definite applause, they were prepared and production ready, not announcing some pipe dream that might be available 3+ years from now! as for a new project, theres been a couple threads about a steam-punk or steam-boy type theme that I'd think has some really great potential as a pin mechanically and artistically, if someone creative really goes for it.

#64 9 years ago

I cannot believe I didn't play this at the MN state fair..... I really want to play it, so I can try to buy one

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I cannot believe I didn't play this at the MN state fair..... I really want to play it, so I can try to buy one

Roadtrip on the 29th while I'm in MN?

#66 9 years ago

Really want this pin, so many reasons to make it my next NIB. Sad that with the Canadian dollar in the toilet I have to wait and may never get a chance. It'd be about $8300 by the time it gets to my door

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It'd be about $8300 by the time it gets to my door

I'm getting it here for quite a bit less than that. Our dollar sucks, but I will say that Charlie helped me get a great quote on shipping to my door! I also found a broker to handle the border stuff for a reasonable fee. Feel free to PM me if you need more information. It's a great game and can't wait to get mine!

#68 9 years ago

Here is to hoping they do a future run in the future, since I can see this game being bought up and not let go of/be incredibly higher on the re-sell market after they are all gone.

Especially since I have no funds to buy any pinball(em or otherwise) machine for at-least a year.

So any hints on the next theme choice?

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I cannot believe I didn't play this at the MN state fair

How did you not do that ?

LTG : )™

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Here is to hoping they do a future run in the future,

they have been clear that they will make 150 at NO more.

This is it and we all know that Charlie cares about the customer and is smart enough to not make a second run in the future. In all reality they will hopefully be making WOOLY soon after the 150 AMH are done and then hopefully another game after that one.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

How did you not do that ?
LTG : )™

Well someone didn't bring $1's :-p I rarely have cash on me.. :/

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Roadtrip on the 29th while I'm in MN?

Uffda that'd be a 7 hour ish trip for me Hmmmmm I do have to work the 29th :/

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

I'm getting it here for quite a bit less than that.

6000*1.17exchange*1.05gst = $7371 Plus brokerage, bond & misc related fees ($235) = 7606

Plus shipping to Yellowknife is about $900 because I am in the far north. So if I can get extremely lucky and get shipping for $700 then it's still $8300.

Let me know if you have a way to significantly reduce the price, but I'm dealing with Livingston International for my brokerage on US pins.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Plus shipping to Yellowknife is about $900 because I am in the far north.

Ouch. Checked on the Pinside map! Must be an interesting and beautiful (?) place to live in. Pins must help keep you busy during the long winter nights!
Send us some pictures !

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Let me know if you have a way to significantly reduce the price, but I'm dealing with Livingston International for my brokerage on US pins.

I tried them too...Livingston Shipping + Brokerage quoted me WAY more than what I got from Charlie and a local Broker. I'll PM you.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Steve Ritchie stopped in to say hello and check out their creation. His response to the game made me want it even more.

I believe the quote was (in a gravelly voice) "This game doesn't suck!"

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He then yelled at some of us playing a game with him "PlaY Better!!!" It was great!

#78 9 years ago

On a somewhat related note, did anyone catch the Metriod music in the promo (at 1:41)?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He said something along the same lines for Pinball Zombies at the last MGC.

#80 9 years ago

Just in case you missed it, Spooky posted these on their Facebook page today...

10562569_813554745372421_9003153069692085944_o(1).jpg10562569_813554745372421_9003153069692085944_o(1).jpg

10881578_813619648699264_4261019621705926861_n.jpg10881578_813619648699264_4261019621705926861_n.jpg

Can... Not... Wait!!!

#81 9 years ago

Is there a amh at the pinball hall of fame?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

not unless it just appeared over the last month.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

No was there this week

#84 9 years ago

Just happened to be there when Steve Ritchie stopped by to have a look at the games...

IMG_9973.JPGIMG_9973.JPG

IMG_9972.JPGIMG_9972.JPG
#85 9 years ago

...and even Bryan F'n Kelly (the Detester in Chief of 'Slow' Games) appeared to be somewhat impressed!

IMG_9996.JPGIMG_9996.JPG

MGC 2014 BTW

#86 9 years ago

According to Chuck there's working on 7 or 8 games at once which will go out in a big batch!

When I assemble several of the same time at once it usually works that way too. But the "2 a week / 8 a month" average for AMH is still a good worst-case number.

Code update v16 and "Easy Auto Updater" program (for PC) will be our X-Mas present to current owners.

#87 9 years ago

Great to hear Ben. Im going to play one today and order shortly after im sure

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Great to hear Ben. Im going to play one today and order shortly after im sure

Arizona is going to be Spooky Central soon. There is one here already, I ordered one and I heard of 3 others who did (one that I know of for sure). If you get one Pat, that will be 6. Someone asked me about my opinion on AMH on a service call yesterday and he sounded like he was ready to order one too.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

No was there this week

Ah crap. I'll be at CES, was hoping to play one while I was out there.

#90 9 years ago

Lets see.... 12 cabinets in that picture. Mine might be in there!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

Lets see.... 12 cabinets in that picture. Mine might be in there!

I'm hoping that too... but I am trying to contain myself until I get the official notification. But damn I want one!!!

#92 9 years ago

I saw this and thought of team spooky.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#93 9 years ago

I played the game and was very impressed. The problem for me is the theme and art. These guys are pros and could have easily sold 500 games if the art and theme were better. Not trying to put anyone down as I want Spooky to succeed, Just trying to be realistic as this is a business for them. Its probably better this game wasn't a huge hit as it could have caused issues. These guys are doing it right, starting off slow and mastering the art of designing and building a pinball machine.

#94 9 years ago

Theme and Art are subjective. The 150 that get one will be thrilled to own it.

#95 9 years ago

Art is about "average" I would say but the theme itself is hilarious and the amateur voice acting actually works itself into the theme perfectly IMO. I love the callouts on this machine. I even lost a ball once during the Theater Ghost when I shot the wrong ramp and heard, "You're tearing me apart, ghosthunter!" and just couldn't help but turn to my brother and laugh after seeing they stuck a reference to "The Room" in there.

#96 9 years ago

I got a question, if I ordered one today when could I realistically expect to have mine assembled and delivered?

#97 9 years ago

I think their just a few months out not sure though.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I got a question, if I ordered one today when could I realistically expect to have mine assembled and delivered?

Conservatory I believe April

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Conservatory I believe April

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'd go into it expecting that it could take 3-6 months so that you're not upset if it takes somewhat longer. They are ramping up, but based on my experience they are currently getting about 1 machine a week out the door. It looks like there are a lot of games in process now though, so they may be close to getting up to 2 games a week. Not sure, but my educated guess is that they've shipped around 25 games so far. Your best bet is to call them. I'm sure they'll give you an honest estimate.

#100 9 years ago

Email kt, she'll tell you the current expectation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/applause-for-spooky-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.