image.jpg
IMG_9996.JPG
IMG_9972.JPG
IMG_9973.JPG
10562569_813554745372421_9003153069692085944_o(1).jpg
10881578_813619648699264_4261019621705926861_n.jpg
lamepun.jpg
IMG_3572.jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

An amazing thing you have done in a fair amount of time. Your game is FANTASTIC! It is fun to play, fast, tough, funny and complete. You did it less the drama that we have seen unfold this past couple of weeks with the other small companies. I for one applaud you. Everyone who stops over loves AMH. Underdog not so much!

IMG_3572.jpgIMG_3572.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Agreed 100% and have an AMH coming to Canada soon. I can't wait and love supporting Spooky. This hobby could use less drama.

#3 9 years ago

I still can't believe this game isn't sold out yet. There are so many more games pre-sold for titles that may never be made or are at least years out from shipping. On some of them buyers don't even know what the game looks like yet. It's mind boggling really. It has to be a theme/license issue, as this game is rock solid.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I still can't believe this game isn't sold out yet. There are so many more games pre-sold for titles that may never be made or are at least years out from shipping. On some of them buyers don't even know what the game looks like yet. It's mind boggling really. It has to be a theme/license issue, as this game is rock solid.

Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of orders for AMH given the drama in all the other boutique manufacturer threads that is leading to cancellations. Buyers get an awesome game for a good price with no bs or drama. Wouldn't surprise me if they sold out within the next month or two!

#5 9 years ago

I am so impressed by Chuck and his family, and of course, Ben Heck, and what they have accomplished. They just got it done!

#6 9 years ago

DN get on over there! Call Elivra and git!

#7 9 years ago

Great game ....

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I am so impressed by Chuck and his family, and of course, Ben Heck, and what they have accomplished. They just got it done!

You should talk to them about something a bit more formal. Whitewater 2.0?

#9 9 years ago

These guys didn't just talk the talk they walked the walk and did so drama free. I hope to support this company in the future as they continue to evolve and grow. I sure wish I could play AMH somewhere soon...hopefully the game makes it to TPF.

#10 9 years ago

Man... I had AMH lined up, then IM caught my eye, then I pulled the trigger on RFM. I am constantly changing my mind. AMH is still at the top of my hit list, and I can't say enough about Ben and Charlie's communication and transparency.

Would love to have this in my gameroom, just need to stop changing my mind!

#11 9 years ago

I remember watching The Ben Heck Show some time ago when he showed early devolvement on this pin. From time to time he would show progress on it, and now, its on locations.
Nice job Ben and the whole crew that worked on this machine. Nice to see another pin company in the game.

#12 9 years ago

White Water Spooky woods edition!!!! SAWWEEEETTTTT!

#13 9 years ago

If you guys are on the fence on AMH. No BRAINER! Order it. 150 and that is it fo' sho'! It's amazing!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

These guys didn't just talk the talk they walked the walk and did so drama free. I hope to support this company in the future as they continue to evolve and grow. I sure wish I could play AMH somewhere soon...hopefully the game makes it to TPF.

Game play looks great...but I want to play it. I don't know why I'm holding them to a double standard. I've ordered a few Stern without anytime.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Game play looks great...but I want to play it. I don't know why I'm holding them to a double standard. I've ordered a few Stern without anytime.

It is not a double standard, just the new standard we all should have abided by to begin with (which I violated plenty to): play before you pay.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is not a double standard, just the new standard we all should have abided by to begin with (which I violated plenty to): play before you pay.

Seems silly to me. Don't EVERY sternLE owners buy before ever playing the game?

AMH is actually a real limited edition with only 150 being made. In the big picture, i would agree that you should play before buying, but def a double standard w Stern vs everyone else it seems.

That said, lots of AMH are out there and a few even on route, so I suggest taking a trip to go play one before they are possibly all sold out.

#17 9 years ago

If there next game is a licensed theme, I hope they don't announce it till everything has been approved by licensor.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If there next game is a licensed theme, I hope they don't announce it till everything has been approved by licensor.

I could be wrong but I don't think licensed themes are their business model. All orignal=total control.

#19 9 years ago

I want one and I hope I'll get the money and space before they sell out. It's a great team that I'd love to support.

#20 9 years ago

With only 150 you may not have the chance to play before they are all spoken for.

#21 9 years ago

I guess I kind of have the opposite point of view with buying games... I never 'pay before I play.' The only games I ever played before I bought were Metallica and TFTC. The rest were a result of research, reviews, and videos. Haven't been wrong yet! AMH shouldn't be any different.

#22 9 years ago

The other way to look at it. With only 150 it would be easy to move should you not care for it. I can't see anyone willing to order it that would not be happy with it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

With only 150 you may not have the chance to play before they are all spoken for.

It sounds like hype but i am thinking it is closer to reality than we all know. Lots of people getting money back on other preorder games and looking for something unique, limited, and actually being made to have.

AMH is the answer in more ways than most!

#24 9 years ago

I really enjoyed AMH when I played it recently. I found it to be more fun than TWDLE. I love the sense of humor it has.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part. I feel like I'm going to miss out for sure.

#26 9 years ago

I don't own AMH but just want to chime in after reading the Dutch Pinball fiasco thread. Huge kudos to Charlie and the Spooky team on their success! And this was all done without taking preorder money correct?

#27 9 years ago

Gonna use infrared.. For some reason lmao!

#28 9 years ago

"Come in take your pants off and get comfortable" uhhhh "That won't make me comfortable"!

#29 9 years ago

I'm tempted to order one just to see if it arrives before TH or MMR. Rather expensive experiment, though.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm tempted to order one just to see if it arrives before TH or MMR. Rather expensive experiment, though.

Probably not very expensive in reality. MMR will surely cost you atleast 1k when you open the box. Same for TH likely.

AMH will not cost you much given the limited number and chances are you will like it enough to keep it anyway.

#31 9 years ago

I need to play one of these....meow

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Probably not very expensive in reality. MMR will surely cost you atleast 1k when you open the box. Same for TH likely.
AMH will not cost you much given the limited number and chances are you will like it enough to keep it anyway.

Good point but the next time I don't take a loss selling a machine will be the first time. I run a very successful business and it ain't my pinball collection.

I'll order one tomorrow and then start a pool about which game will ship 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

My guess would be AMH, MMR then TH.

#33 9 years ago

nice!

Let us know what Charlie quotes you on timing as I am curious where they are at now.

Also, tell him coaster and whysnow sent you

#34 9 years ago

Kudos to the spooky team are well deserved. So what's next?

#35 9 years ago

If I could get one for $4500-$5000 id be all over it.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

And this was all done without taking preorder money correct?

Actually, those who ordered did have to put half down. I am glad I did that back in May to get in on this limited fun title.

#37 9 years ago

apple sauce?
why do they need apple sauce?

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Who wouldn't? They are 6k for a great game that is being improved constantly.

6k for an awesome game with 150 being made. Get it now so you do t end up paying 8k later.

#39 9 years ago

Played this title at the Florida show last month.
Great game. We were very impressed.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

There was one at expo this year for sale in that range , wish I had the money I would had bought it .

#41 9 years ago

We just want to be here for the long haul guys. Best way I know how to do that is just work hard and make every improvement we can afford.

Original themes are a tough sell if your name isn't Nordman, J Pop, Ritchie, Or Lawlor. Ben and I worked all weekend and were joking about how a game like Taxi or Funhouse would go over if we made them today.

I love the original themes and I really hope we get to do lots of them. Right now, just gotta stay focused on AMH and sell those puppies out! I owe it to Ben to make that happen for all he's done for us. We think the world of that crazy dude.

Thanks to everyone who supports us. You're as much a part of this as we are. All we can do is the best job we know how, listen to feedback, and be honest.

#42 9 years ago

I will attest as Spooky's only distributor that Charlie STRESSES over doing things the right way. Making the game right, making the game priced as low as he can, hitting deadlines, etc...

As a distributor I have had MANY conversations with Charlie where I might be pushing some marketing aspect and always Charlie sticks to his guns and wants things done the way he envisioned. I have nothing but respect for him. He's ALWAYS making sure that there is nothing that is done that is unfair to anyone - your place in line, with money, with the quality of the game, etc... They run a small, tight ship... First one to turn a dream into reality as well - boutique manufacturer shipping games... Nuff said...

Proud to support him as a customer and distributor and podcast sponsor too !

Joe Newhart
[email protected]
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#43 9 years ago

Just spent a solid hour playing non stop at a location one in NH last night. I loved it. Great job on modes and the sound package. I love the music at the start of the boss battles!

-Jim

#44 9 years ago

Charlie, you keep up the communication the way you are and your business will succeed greatly in the pinball world. I am looking forward to receiving my AMH, just heard from KT & sounds as though my lucky #13 will ship this week. I am a strong Spooky Pinball supporter from here on out.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ben and I worked all weekend and were joking about how a game like Taxi

Santa would want final approval for his image on the playfield. Same for Gorby's estate. Someone claiming to be Lola would issue a cease and decist.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

or Funhouse would go over if we made them today.

Superdawg would issue a cease and decist.

#46 9 years ago

Best non licensed Game of 2014!!!!! This game is so much fun! Worth the money!!!!!!!

GAP
www.greatamericanpinball.com

#47 9 years ago

Does anybody want to sell there amh

#48 9 years ago

lamepun.jpglamepun.jpg

#49 9 years ago

So does anyone in Michigan have one? I'd really like to play before buying.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does anybody want to sell there amh

SpookyCharlie does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/applause-for-spooky-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.