(Topic ID: 330497)

APOLOGIES from east Tennessee..... we aren't all profiteers.

By CoolCatPinball

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pincoin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ETS (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230202_142208_Brave (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coolcatpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

After just seeing the postings of 9 NIB pins from a user called "at1105", I feel embarrassed to admit I'm from the same geographical area as this guy. Apologies to everyone for the NIB greedy flipper mentality. Please don't think poorly of me or my fellow south-easterners. His prices are insane, and the fact that he turned commenting off speaks volumes...... Flip on my friends, rant over.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why would anyone buy from him when many of those are readily available from distros for way less?

Yeah, my favorite is $27,999 for an Iron Maiden LE. Sure they're not available from distributors anymore, but damn son... 28K ?!?!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The prices aren't that bad for NIB. Calling someone an idiot for an honest listing isn't cool, reflects more on you than anything.

While I disagree with you on the prices not being bad, I don't disagree with you about name calling. I edited the topic to be more representative of my feelings about pin flippers.

#30 1 year ago

Lets not get confused here. Buying games, enjoying them, then selling said games for fair market value (even if that is a hefty profit) doesn't make you a flipper, profiteer, or opportunist. I have zero issues with someone profiting from a game they bought to enjoy.

Buying multiple LE games, NIB, with the sole intention of sitting on them, hoping the market continues to trend upwards so you can then sell said games still NIB at crazy prices does make you a flipper, profiteer, and opportunist.

This behavior I DO have an issue with. It's bad for the hobby, creates artificial demand, fuels the FOMO, and is just a crappy move in general.

#32 1 year ago

Stern LEs !! Who needs Stern LEs ?! Sold out everywhere! I got 5 NIB! Only 17k!! Real nice price!!

That's a scalper/flipper....

Screenshot_20230202_142208_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230202_142208_Brave (resized).jpg

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't see how you can so easily determine who are the good guys or bad guys by using a metric of whether you "enjoyed" a game or not. Everyone profits just the same.

Enjoying it wasn't the metric in my example. Hoarding NIB LE pins for resale vs. buying for personal use was. Perhaps that wasn't clear.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is actually the only part I don't have a problem with. The pedestal that dumb ass LEs are put on is recockulus.
    We all know they aren't worth anything; it''s a status symbol....and you gotta pay for status.

Fair enough. I still have a strong dislike for NIB profit flippers, regardless of trim level. It's almost always LEs though due to the "limited" number produced.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THere's early proof that Stern and JJP have eliminated "scalping" of LEs from the equation by raising the price of them to $14,000-$15,000. Today's potential LE buyer will have no difficulty at all at finding a new top of the line Bond or TS4 at original sticker price.
    So everybody's happy, right? We bitched, you listened; thanks Stern!

Lol, true assessment man. The manufacturers aren't leaving much meat on the bone these days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coolcatpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apologies-from-east-tennessee-we-aren-t-all-idiots?tu=coolcatpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.