Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Watervillain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently picked up an Apollo 13 that worked fine when I tested it, but after transporting it to my house it started acting up. It will randomly activate the launch. The coil that pushes the ball upward into the launch assembly will also fire off but not bring a ball up. The very latest is that A13 is not recognizing that the ball drained. All of this is random, but very annoying. Any help is appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

It sounds like you are having switch failures in the trough.

#3 6 years ago

This is my first modern ss. I see there are micro switches and optic sensors. Any thoughts where to start? I did notice that the 5 ball trough assembly plunger sticks underneath the plastic spacer that keeps it from popping upwards. Again, any thoughts? Any adjustments?

#4 6 years ago

I had a similar issue with my A13 and the fix was as simple as cleaning the optic sensor (ball through VUK opto). The accumulated dust on the sensor was the culprit.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks pbjack. I ended up just checking and squeezing all the connectors associated with the ball launch coils and it seems to have stopped the random firing. I've only played a few games, so time will tell if that is the fix. It's a great game.....when it works properly.

1 month later
#6 6 years ago

The problem was with the soldering on the OPTO Transmitter. The connection to the board was cracked, but still made contact causing the random breakdowns. I repinned the connection and it works just fine, even surviving the family Thanksgiving gathering.

Next issue is the moon. It's still blowing the fuse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball
$ 29.00
$ 47.95
Lighting - Interactive
MicksPinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside