Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello experts!

I bought a Sega Apollo 13 a few weeks ago and I noticed that the CPU/Sound board had been changed by the previous owner to a more recent revision. The original board was a 520-5136-00 REV D (with 3 amps) but the one in my pin is REV E (with 2 amps) which corresponds to part number 520-5136-16. As a result, I had no sound coming out of my right backbox speaker. I then decided to add the 3rd amp components to get the stereo output, as described at the link below:

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/speaker/

It worked, well kind of. When I perform the individual left speaker test from the diagnostics menu, I also hear sound coming out of the right speaker and vice-versa.

This definitely does not appear to be normal behavior (or is it?) and I have not found what might be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Jacques

PS: I also changed the R106 and R110 resistors as mentioned in the Stern service bulletin for this particular board (which I assume comes from a Monopoly pin)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-weird-speaker-test-behavior and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.