Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by arakissun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

This is very good chalange for me,I don't see anything like this before.
I hope it will fly again.

Before open the backbox I turn on the machine but turn off by itself after 3-4 sec. only see that the Counter on the shuttle show zero
After second try-it boot and begin to search the balls,and after that turn off again

CPU board had blown batteries,3 tranistors bad,and two diods too
Change the holder with new batteries
Tranistor and diods will be changed tomorrow and the parts from the I/O board too

Belive or not seller told me that the machine is in working condition,of course I don't believe him

General Ilumination(this will be easy fix,already changed the connector)
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/arakissun/Picture020-7_zpse9c297a5.jpg

Solenoids

Upside
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/arakissun/Picture014-4_zpsf676ed45.jpg

Downside
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/arakissun/Picture033_zps393e0cfb.jpg

[IMG]http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/arakissun/Picture043-2_zps78682407.jpg[/IMG]

I hope in future help,because this is my first SEGA pinball and I know it will not be easy

#2 11 years ago

Step 1. Rebuild power input plug with new crimp on trifurcon pins. Check 5 volt circuit on cpu for stable voltage.

#3 11 years ago

Already done,but I must to rebuld and the hole too))

#4 11 years ago

Anyone to know how to measure this transistor 22NE10L(IRL540N) is it bad or good?

#5 11 years ago

OK.I find some info about mesuring all type of transistor but it's different from pinballrepair.com tutorials,and now I'm confused because I always used thist tutorial
Or mabe these are another methods for test,need help

This I found

PNP transistors, left lead is base (i.e. - TIP36C and TIP42)
1. Put the DMM's black lead on the left leg of the transistor.
2. Test to the middle leg and the right leg with the red lead.
3. You should get a reading between .3 - .8 volts on each.
4. Put the red lead on the left leg of the transistor.
5. Test to the middle leg and the right leg with the black lead.
6. Your DMM should read open on each.

NPN transistors, left lead is base (i.e. - TIP102, TIP120, TIP121, TIP122, 2N6045 and SE9302 )*
1. Put the DMM's red lead on the left leg of the transistor*.
2. Test to the middle leg and the right leg with the black lead.
3. You should get a reading between .3 - .8 volts on each.
4. Put the black lead on the left leg of the transistor.
5. Test to the middle leg and the right leg with the red lead.
6. Your DMM should read open on each.

Testing FET/MOSFET
1. Black on source, red on gate: turns on the transistor.
2. Black on source, red on drain: low reading (.00X).
3. Red on source, black on gate: turns off transistor.
4. Black on source, red on drain: read open.

And this is from pinballrepairs.com

TIP122/102: Put the black lead of your DMM on the center lead or on the metal tab of the transistor. Put the red lead of your DMM on each of the two outside legs of the transistor one at a time. You should get a reading of .4 to .6 volts. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.

TIP36c: Put the red lead of your DMM on the center lead or on the metal tab of the transistor. Put the black lead of your DMM on each of the two outside legs of the transistor one at a time. You should get a reading of .4 to .6 volts. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.

TIP42: Put the black lead of the DMM on the base lead (as facing the transistor, the left leg) of the transistor. Put the red lead of the DMM on each of the two transistor legs (center and right), one at a time. The DMM should show a reading of .4 to .6 volts. Any other value, and the transistor is bad and will need to be replaced.

What can you tell me?

#6 11 years ago

Anyone with a good picture of the zone that I must rebuld?

#7 11 years ago

After fixing some first look problems on the boards I decided to turn on the machine and see what will happen
Good news are that the area with the hole where are locate the Q1 and Q2 working,I mean the coils without problem
Atract mode stars,I can even can play, games start ,music and etc.

Now about the problems that I saw
1.In test menu(portals) after choose to test coils automaticly-show the coil that is test,but no coil energize.In play mode coils works

2.Right flipper register(when must choose start up options) but not energize.I saw that on flipper board(lower left boaard) LED that is for right flipper flash when I press it,like the left flipper who is ok.So I think to measure first the coil.

3.I think the magnet on the Moon is not working.I saw one 4A fuse that was blown,and changed it with new one but I don't know if it for the magnet
Moon motor is working,because in search mode when is not play for a period of time,the moon was mowing
How can I test the magnet?

4.When ball go trought the switch on the main ramp,it activate the VUK for the "MISTERY" for a second

5.And the final and very strange think about 8 ball.I think there have some short.Because even when no balls are there(8 ball position membran) ,I can begin new game without problem.The program registering that the balls are there.When begin 13-ball multiball,balls drain,but even one ball to drop in the hole ,multiball is over,because I think the machne register again that the 8-balls are in there place and the multiball is already over and that's why think that is left only one ball in play and game over.Of couse all balls stay in the hole and are ready to be turn back to the 8-ball membran,but machine don't do nothing,not searching for them.And I can begin new game again

#8 11 years ago

Little help,please

I cannot find schematics of the opto trought PCBs.There some changed components,but I want to replace them with it's original

So I need to now on PCB 520-5125-00
Q1,Q2,R1,R2,R3 and the LED that is used

on PCB520-5124-00
R1 ands the LED that is used

About the magnet
After placing 3A fuse instead 4A for the magnet,it worked for the moment and now nothing

About the portals
But I think the main problem is why cannot start tests,when I press the start buton for test some coils,nothing is happend.Just the sound of the pressed button

About the 8-ball membran
There are shorted cables between first and last pin from the previous owner.This is strange

#9 11 years ago

Results for now

Now about the problems that I saw
1.Portals working-one of the switch for activate the 50v was not pulled out-solved

2.Right flipper-I will left it for final work

3.Magnet on the moon is working,but not everytime can hold the ball.What can be the reason for that.
Of course I changed the 4A SB with 3A SB under the PF and I/O board

4.Now Mistery VUK activate when I make credits,not when switch from the ramp is pressed.Can it be bad switch roll or columns?

5.8-ball mistery-still continue

#10 11 years ago

3.Magnet on the moon is working now,I saw that I try to take it for 2 or three time without delay it get hot and cannnot operate normaly.I try this without to wait ball to drain.So I think for now is working.Also changed the IRF540 on controler board under playfiled

5.8-ball mistery-working.Replace one of the thin connector on the underplayfield board that connects the 8-ball membrane.

Problems that left

2.Right flipper-coil is ok,what it make to energize on the Flipper control board on backbox?

4."Mistery" VUK activate when I make creditsCan it be bad switch roll or columns?

#11 11 years ago

After replacing IRF540 with IRL540,magnet is stronger and catch the ball everytime

After changed almost whole sactions of switch/colums and swtich/rows
-replace all Resistors
-replace all ceramic capacitators
-replace all diods

Now "Mistery" VUK and Left slingshot activates when make credits trought the credit switch.When I do it trought Service/Credit they don't energize
So it left to change the ICs that controls the switches

Right flipper-it will be left for final work

#12 11 years ago

OK.After good cleaning today,now I can see about the two problems that left

-left flipper works,but the switch that corespondending not working.I mena when I try to go trough mission select or something else on start up ,nothing happens,right flipper not energize,but it switch work-I can change the "13" abouve the bumpers,can go trought the Test menu,can go trought select mission

-Left slingshopt not work too

-Mistery" VUK and Left slingshot activates when make credits trought the credit switch.When I do it trought Service/Credit they don't energize

-Right flipper not energize,but the coil is good

Any idea what to check befor begin to change switch columns/rows ICs?

#13 11 years ago

Update

-Right flipper works now.It was bad 4004 diod,changed it with 4007
-Left slingshot now works-it have one loose wire and diod too between the two slingshots switches

Last problem
-Mistery" VUK and Left slingshot activates when make credits trought the credit switch.When I do it trought Service/Credit they don't energize
In test meny for switch when I press it ,activate 5 swtich more and they are in whole CN7 connector.Firts will change the to LM339(one of them was alredy changed as I see)

#14 11 years ago

After replacing the two LM339 and one 74LS245 nothing changed
What can it be?

#15 11 years ago

Problem with the left flipper switch-fixed
I must look more clolsly in the future,to save time
It have one wire loose from the right connector of the Flipper board

1 week later
#16 11 years ago

Problem that left for last will be really problem
It have multiplty switch active,what I mean:

When I press coin switch-active all the row that is this switch(when I press all of the siwthes in this row-no other are activeted)
When I press launch ball switch-active one colum switches,but launch ball switch is not in this colum(when I press all of the siwthes in this colum-no other are activeted)e

What means dedicated switch too?

Already changed the transistors,resistors,diods,caps and LM339 ICs for the switches sections,except these for the dedicated switches
Only left to change the last ICs for these saction,but are they can be the problem?

I really need help for this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-tech-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.