Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Front (resized).JPG
Head (resized).JPG
Cabinet (resized).JPG
Bottom Playfield (resized).JPG
Top Playfield (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yakrobat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I have an Apollo 13 that the seller is going to hold for a couple days while I do a bit of research. The machine itself is essentially unused, having only played a dozen games or so when it was new. It appears to have been untouched for the last 20 years but unfortunately was stored in a garage where it experienced some amount of rusting due to moisture in the air.

Upon power-up, the GI lighting works but the game does little else. I do notice a very slow shaking, as if the shaker motor is trying to work, as well as the left flipper engaging on it's own in an extremely underpowered manner.

I wanted to get some opinions from the esteemed members of this forum as to possible issues preventing power-up as well as expected problems associated with exposure to moisture in the air.

Thanks!

Yak

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from 60Grit:

Hi Yak. I purchased my A13 in the same condition a few years ago....

Rich, the machine was gifted to a lady for helping liaison between the movie studio and Sega/Stern. She said that it went straight into the garage and, by the looks of it, I believe her. Fortunately the leaking batteries didn't get onto the board so any damage to the machine is environmental or age related. Could you elaborate a bit on issues you saw in your machine? I'm still trying to decide if this is a project I want and, considering the condition, how much to offer for it...

Yak

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yakrobat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-power-up-issues-amp-other-questions?tu=Yakrobat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.