viperrwk

#4 9 years ago

Thanks

IPDB checked on several times, how could I not notice

#5 9 years ago

I installed version 5.01, and pinball behave as if there were no software,
flashing lights and runs coils

#6 9 years ago

Assume you verified the ROM after burning, checked your install, no bent/broken pins etc etc.

I have not checked the code on IPDB to see if it is correct/complete/functioning or how it compares to what's on the internet archive. That's an easy first step,

viperrwk

#7 9 years ago

recorded twice, on two separate EPROM, and still the same
version 2.05, was so :

#8 9 years ago

When you upgrade the CPU ROM you also have to upgrade the display ROM as well so that the major revision numbers match otherwise funky things happen...

viperrwk

#9 9 years ago

Display upgraded to version 5.00

#10 9 years ago

Not sure what the issue is you're asking about now. Is it that it's hanging after boot (and this was the video before you upgraded), or the display not showing the correct version after you upgraded or both?

viperrwk

#11 9 years ago

The main problem is that you can not start the game

#12 9 years ago

Did you perform a factory reset after upgrading the ROM? Can you run the diagnostics to check if all the subsystems are working correctly? Knowing what's working and what's not will help to narrow down the problem. Shot in the dark guess at the problem is battery corrosion but without seeing the board or knowing any more it is only a guess.

You may also want to start a new thread or change the thread title of this one to get more people to respond to your problem.

viperrwk

3 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

ran into an issue on one of these recently , check the start switch it can come loose (on its pivot part) and not make a good connection when button is pushed / also check both of the switches inside the coin door (interlock switch & memory switch ) make sure they are completely closed when coin door is shut

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-cpu-rom-501 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.