1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RatShack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure that I'm posting my post in the right section but I post a message on this forum in order to offer APC cards to those who might be interested. In the coming month I will order APC board from JLCPCB.

For myself, i would need two, one for a Data East Laser war that I want to bring back to life. I only have a full playfield, no card or case so the APC card would be perfect for this project.

The second, I would like to use it to create my own pinball machine. It might be complicated and challenging.

Of course the PCB are at the cost of manufacture with no fee. This could reduce costs and allow some of you to have these cards at a reasonable price.

I live in France on the border between Germany and Switzerland so I can send to these three countries with local shipping costs. Otherwise I can also in other European countries.

So if you are interested don't hesitate to contact me

Thank you

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from stras210:

Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure that I'm posting my post in the right section but I post a message on this forum in order to offer APC cards to those who might be interested. In the coming month I will order APC board from JLCPCB.
    For myself, i would need two, one for a Data East Laser war that I want to bring back to life. I only have a full playfield, no card or case so the APC card would be perfect for this project.
    The second, I would like to use it to create my own pinball machine. It might be complicated and challenging.
    Of course the PCB are at the cost of manufacture with no fee. This could reduce costs and allow some of you to have these cards at a reasonable price.
    I live in France on the border between Germany and Switzerland so I can send to these three countries with local shipping costs. Otherwise I can also in other European countries.
    So if you are interested don't hesitate to contact me
    Thank you

What is the APC board? Perhaps I’m not well versed, but I don’t understand what you’re remanufacturing. All the Data East boards already have existing replacements.

#3 1 year ago

Hi Isochronic_Frost,

I'm not remanufacturing them. The board have been made by a forum member "AmokSolderer" . I'm juste ordering the board from the manufacturer JLCPCB by using the open source files share by "AmokSolderer".

Regarding the APC board:

It is intended for people who want to start programming pinball machine and learn about electronics. Also for people who want to expand the possibilities of their pinball machine (create new rules, add feature, improve gameplay,...). That means it's going to require some work to set up your game even if you don't want to change anything, but run the original rules with PinMame witch is support by the APC.

The APC is a freely programmable controller for Williams and Data East pinball machines. It uses an Arduino Due and contains all the circuitry required to run a Williams pinball machine from System 3 to System 11c (and the compatible Data East machines):

Display interface for all corresponding display types
    24 Solenoid drivers
    Lamp matrix drivers for 64 lamps
    Switch matrix drivers for 64 switches + 8 non matrix switches
    SD card interface (to store audio files, highscores and settings)
    Audio amplifier with two channels (to play music and sound effects simultaneously / can be changed to single channel stereo)

In my case since i don't have any board for my DE Laser war, it will remplace all the card excepte the power supply. So it's cheaper.
    For people having a broken CPU, it's a more affordable replacement and with more features.

You can also use this board to create your own pinball machine.

source: https://github.com/AmokSolderer/APC

According to my estimate the board will cost at JLCPCB between 20-25€ and with the Arduino and all the component that must be soldered by yourself the final cost will be less than 100€. It will depend on where your buy the transistor, Arduino, connector ....

#4 1 year ago

Because "APC" is never really defined here - which was throwing me off as well -

APC - Arduino Pinball Controller.

#5 1 year ago

For those not familiar, the official APC thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arduino-pinball-controller

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apc-board-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.