IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This is the 'old white guy' mentality that will/could potentially kill pinball, and everything else 'Arcade'..The market is driven by kids, not us middle-aged or older dudes..Quite frankly, many kids don't GAF about pinball, arcade, whatever..their cell phones and consoles take up most of their breathing lives..SO, thinking outside the box (and adding to it) is the kind of innovation we need to keep 'the spirit alive'..and I'll tell you, they wouldn't give a rats ass if all of this faded away..UNLESS people throw their balls out there, and innovate/re-imagine what the rest of 'US' feel is silly..and I won't even go into the old-man themes of late (ok sample here)..bring female pop/rap artists into themes (Madonna and newer, etc), Anime would get TONS of attention..again, themes that 'us guys' probably don't prefer, but it's like sinking our own ship (companies and pinheads alike), esp considering the state of affairs of current economy, recession..yadda yadda.

100% what u said.

The first response when i say 'pinball' anywhere is, 'they still make those? Ding ding with the ball and stuff?'

My kids also dont see their friends into this and hence, 'its just something my dad plays'.

Its already a dad sport, for rich old white. Yes anime would be great.

And no, no one cares or gaf about godzilla in the last 10 yrs other than pinball ppl that care what other pinball ppl have in their game room. Best game ever or not.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was so in on this game but the last 3 pages of this thread discussing cultures, race, gender, and age have confused me? I'm not sure what I want anymore? I guess now I know how teens feel.

I think if ur old enough to be a saab enthusiast..... u already know how teens feel!

1 week later
#2434 1 year ago

nordman really going after that elvira magic on the bust action

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I don't mind the camp, but I'm hoping this is either an optical illusion or a prototype? It looks like an ill-fitting sticker that will be chewed up in no time.
[quoted image]

so that's where my roll of teflon tape went....

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from Time:

that video... holy shit
[quoted image]

HO
LEE
FUK

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2520 1 year ago

Stern's art and animation department just got a promotion after watching this.

Can't wait for Nick at @buffalopinball to shat all over this.

#2557 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Sorry for your lose.

Hey now, i have a $5000 topper being designed just for proud owners like that guy!

#2671 1 year ago

when you look at foo fighters and think DAD ROCK may be TOO YOUNG for you, you get this pin instead.

#2716 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I will say I wish the video assets would have been more like fallout. That would have been perfect.

all hands that were involved in making this pin had no idea what fallout is, or what a video game is.

#2728 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

He's going to have a field day.

NickBuffaloPinball we are counting on you!!

#2740 1 year ago

This guy did a 3 minute machine restore video and it blows that galactic ice cream reveal out of the water

Ap should hire him.. looks like he can do video editing AND knows pinball..

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

During Cary's video they did mention that the games on hand did not ship with code. *shrug* who knows...

Bahahah nice nightlight

Looks kinda pretty with the gameplay of a sys11

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah but that's marketing speak. Of course they are going to say that

They could just keep flipping waiting for a mode to start...

#4066 1 year ago

Why so much manufactured nostalgia for this game when they could have just called it what everyone can relate to:
RAZA's Magic Girl.

#4755 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Prolly gonna need one of deez
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Prob need 3 to triple up some layer of dimple divot protection.

I love that this game has turned into the pity-purchase across all the latest titles.

Spooky has left that spot and the apologists have a new brand to give legs.

Its a really swell group here, so much money to go around that dimples, unfinished 3d printed 'toys' and angry artists can be supported and everyone still has steak dinners a couple times a week.

You guys are the best.

#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Some YouTubers do yes, but having run a super large YouTube channel, it's not as many as you might think.
My wife introduced me to Jack on twitch after she tweeted about how to beat me at pinball - Only Jack replied. I've subscribed to his channel ever since and he has done wonders for the pinball community. Jack has worked his ass off over the last 7 years, through some seriously difficult moments, that I've been following him.
Watching him stream from bars, events from his studio, borrowing games because he couldn't afford to buy one himself. Raising a young family. Jack loves pinball - all pinball; and whether he is streaming now for Stern, JJP, Spooky or any one else for that matter he will always talk to the positives; sure with him working at Stern folks might think there is some risk for other manufacturers but I 100% do not agree. I've since met Jack and hung out with him at various events he is a role model and I wish I was more like him.
There isn't a bone in Jack's body that would slam anything and its not in his interest to to slam competitors products and I don't think I've ever seen Jack slam anything, other than give me a boot when I've been negative! Jack's viewers and subscribers unsurprisingly aren't all stern employees or fanboys, they like pinball across the board and even for the most stupid person slamming something that his viewers see value in would be absolutely nuts.

No joke, u go back thru jacks streams and he is playing Heavy Metal at a bar and he mentions to the other player that one day he will make a game with shatz targets.

Boom! That day has come.

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The Homepin thread years ago was solid. The Greatwich "whale investor"...chef's kiss.
But I'm ready to crown a new winner for my favorite Pinside thread of all time... Congrats GTF Hype thread!
Shout-out to the marketing team over at AP that is allegedly playing chess (according to one Pinsider) and generating so much hype. I have zero interest in this game, but if I had to pay to have access to this thread, you'd have my money.

@nickbuffalopinball, we are waiting for your opinion to make the splash

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

…BUT A PINBALL COMPANY IS AT STEAK!!!1!1!11

NickBuffaloPinball

You are gaining exclusive access to a group of investors here willing to throw 5 figures here on a novelty thats campy, because, well... the other releases just arnt their brand of camp.

Oh and their ROI expectations range from 'no idea' to 'maybe it will be fun?'

#4927 1 year ago

Summarizes this thread perfectly. This man deserves a 3d printed award.

Btw u forgot massive pf dimples

Someone sticky this to the first post.

#4928 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Didn’t see one yet… so opened a owners club thread now that we have our game
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here
Must have a 3d print to enter

Off to take this fun to that thread. Look out for the oprah image to land.

#5022 1 year ago

this some AI render?

coindoor looks vicious

#5024 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Again with this bizarre logic that we're not allowed to criticize the way you criticize.
This might blow your mind, but there is a difference between criticizing and even disliking something while maintaining a baseline of respect (if not gratitude) for the craft of those that made that thing, versus being a condescending, patronizing, self-important dick that dismisses the work of others insultingly and with obvious disdain at every opportunity. Crazy, I know.

#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I put it together. After Franchi's in depth market analysis, I figured this would hit the target audience and make tons of $. Art is from Dead Rising 3 - Darlene Boss Fight.

When its that good, you shouldnt just give it away! Get together a team of pinball experts and sell them on this title asap!!! CE editions should be rolling out 2024! Code? IM NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO ANSWER THAT ONE! LOLOL

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have no problem with you having opinions, negative or otherwise, and as I mentioned above I do apologize for the ugly name calling. It was a bad way to vent some frustration and I hope you can dismiss it as such.
Not making excuses, but as someone who has been on the receiving end of "critical review" for decades in my own professional life, in the good, bad and really ugly, from adoration all the way to being attacked with vicious fervor, I can't help but being affected indirectly at the thought of how it must feel for those involved with the game to read some of the vitriolic opinions some here feel entitled to share. Sometimes it all gets to be a bit much, and no matter how thick the calluses you have built up, it rubs through and there is some bleeding.
I shall fade away now and leave you all to it.

Quoted from wesman:

Waaaay not related to the game, but I'd be curious your thoughts on something media related. I finally got to catch episode 3 of "The Last of Us" last night, and the presentation of Frank's character was so stereotypically absurd that it might as well have been as seriously taken as a "Will and Grace" episode.
Druckman is not meaning offense, but I'd have to assume many with good taste would feel the portrayal of Frank was about as deconstructive and misguided as to Druckman's assumed intentions moreso than helpful. Present a homosexual relationship as something entirely empathetic to people otherwise maybe not so open to such a concept.
Offerman's performance, and to a lesser extent the writing of his character, was absolutely fantastic, ironically given how ludicrously presented Frank was shown to be.
My point being, assumed intentions or not, harm can still exist via a creator's vision.

Ffs how many times do we have to remind those that this is where grown men with fuckloads of disposable income defend their pity purchases....

Take your young and restless somrwhre rlse. The real drama is pages deep, right here.

#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ok, all you wanting game play... I've convinced the local streaming crew of oneiPodOnePinball to stream the game tonight!
Targeting 730pm EASTERN tonight!!
https://www.facebook.com/oneipodonepinball

Woot!

1 month later
#6458 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Blows my mind after what happens on the deadflip stream that they send a pin to a show and have it have that same problem. It's like they really really don't want to sell these things.
If they DID want to sell pinball machines, with foresight, the conversation, would go: "Ok, we are sending these 4 machines to these 2 dealers, to be used at a pinball show where hundreds of people will play them, and hopefully want to buy them. We've had a ton of bad feedback about airballs, so Bob your job, before you box those games up, is to put our prototype target bracket in there like we did for MGC(?). Jerry, your job is to make sure the ball lock mech is working perfectly, because that deadflip stream was fucking embarrassing"
If you didn't have that foresight, you just send Bob or Jerry to the show to make sure your freaking game works before you let people play it.

Guy, if it was any other company, you would be hired with this as your resume.

But not for AP and galactic tank fuckup.

I really worry about the jr designers and their game ideas and the very real possibility of a massive skill gap and resulting expectations… internally at AP and customers wanting a functionally working game…

#6460 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am guessing if I want to buy this game, I should wait for them to address all the issues?

Unless you collect led light boxes or boat anchors… then I would say there are a lot of options to consider

1 week later
#6647 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Should be listed as 60 hertz, not 50

Just ap qc being AP qc

2 weeks later
#6741 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AP needs to take a page from JJP's handling of the Toy Story 4 debacle. They quickly (and I mean QUICKLY) moved on to Godfather once it was clear they screwed up instead of wasting time and fan goodwill pushing a pin they delivered that was the Toy Story almost no one wanted. Josh has said Nordman's next design for AP is much better. REAL TALK: Let's just fill the few hundred orders AP has for GTFo and move on to Nordman's next one by late Summer/early Fall. Need to accelerate the programming? Well, Josh knows AP code. Maybe he'd be willing to subcontract as an assistant programmer on the team to speed the development schedule.
This isn't a licensed property. There are no minimum guaranteed royalties or upfront payments. What they have in parts is and development is all they have in it, and compared to the licensed disaster it could be, that's a pretty cheap escape hatch on a doomed project.

I think it’s time to get off the Nordman train. He has his moment and it’s time for the others at AP to kick the can. The bar is so fn low right now it’s hard to f up more than this dumpster fire. Nordman has said his only interest is tinkering on jukebox machines for the last few years now and it’s clear fix is using him as bait.
Ryan Mcquaid pls enter the room…

#6751 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not ready to bail on Nordman yet, especially since Josh seemed to really like his next design. But AP customer (and want-to-be customer) goodwill is being burned like flash paper, only there's no magic in this instance. So the sooner AP cranks up the release schedule and moves on from GTFo, the better for them. Dragging this out will not help them. This JUST happened with JJP and they made the right choice by dumping Toy Story 4 and moving away as quickly as possible. Buy the hint, take the clue, AP. Move on - quickly.

No one is going to come out saying his next design plays like a dog's breakfast. This community has too many ppl patting each others backs when it comes to subjective creativity.

I agree with how they should just move on. Ffs they should just get their act together with the next title if there is one, extend the offer to gtf preorders to either stick with gtf or priority vip line on the next title and just go. Provide the promo lunchbox with a melted ice cream cone in it with a note saying 'we lost this time but will be back' and just accept it for what it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.