E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (12 months ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider musketd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

AP will release pricing when game is open for sale. It will be a good value. I can say it will not be 12,995, and the bom is not 8,000. Limited Edition will actually be limited. (Low number by comparison). It'll be worth the wait!

I hope your right because this game looks excellent so far and I love Mr Nordmans designs too

#1348 1 year ago

I think this game is going to be very cool and very campy; frenchi will kill it and so will Nordman

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

I appreciate the faith in my art, but who is frenchi? Did you mean FRANCHI?

Sorry about that brother; I can’t wait your art is looking very cool on this brother

#2544 1 year ago

So who has one of these that will actually put video out there of the game? Also what the hell does the planet and the tank do mech wise?

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

The fighter pilots in space craft are part of the Star Force, the player is in a tank and part of the Tank Force with Captain Kyan.

Rush what do the tank and planet do ? Anything?

#2611 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Nope, although some of us wanted that kind of a thing.

That’s not good can somebody tell me where the hell are the mechs in this game? Oktoberfest is loaded with them this looks like it :impressed:doesn’t have any

#3016 1 year ago

Has anyone on here played this thing and care too offer your review please

#3115 1 year ago

Why is no one from AP putting up a gameplay video or one of the locations that has this game there already?

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am not sure the game is ready for gameplay...that is why the video is so chopped up. That center popup ballsave thing looked like a coarsely printed 3D printed PLA piece with a sticker ton top...like a placeholder. Several locations were to have this game on the floor yesterday and they were all cancelled.

They will have them on the floor at the Texas show so they are definitely ready to be played

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

FYI, The AP sales numbers and trends some are sharing as if gospel, are incorrect.
Seems they wanted to save the live action for this last? trailer, but seems they then made that too much of a focus, vs showing the ball in action. Given the game will be at major shows the next two weeks and allegedly on location at a bunch of places, possible they just did not want to show too much until folks get to experience the game in person. Was a bit surprised they did not try to share some of the back story and more about the Ice Cream component.
As I commented a couple of thousands posts ago, the game would have lovers and haters and that is certainly the case. However, I would suggest everyone hold off loving or hating this too much, until you actually see it in game play. Not saying everyone is going to love it, but suspect there will be plenty of flip-flops -- probably both ways. As I've also said, this game is very different from what has been released of late, so you can't really know if you love it or hate it, until you shoot it. For the haters, I'll beat one of you to the punch line . . "You think you hate it now, wait until you shoot it".
BTW, I was involved in all of the video recording sessions, and I can tell you that the Professor Plotnik is pretty funny and he is my favorite character -- so head to the LAB!!! Since I don't have clips from the game to share, I'll leave you with this Professor Plotnik, aka Jeff Hoover, "Walken" video. . .

I couldn’t say it any better; will be waiting for gameplay maybe you can elaborate a little bit on the depth of the game; I don’t see any big mechs in this thing am I missing something?

#3241 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Ferret and I did the rules, so you know we work hard to have both breadth and depth and balance things so that there will be things in there for the casual/novice player, the enthusiast and the competitive player. The playfield art tells you a lot about game play. There are a series of battles against the enemy and there are a series of missions regarding Ice Cream ingredients, each leading to a mini-wizard mode. There are not surprisingly other things going on, such as the Alien Saucer trying to steal cows (moving target), Playfield Multiplier (targets in pop area), Meltdown (pop bumpers), advancing ranks (upper right lanes). There is also cow related mini-wizard mode as well, a final wizard mode (which I don't know details on since that and the final tank battle were not written/coded before I parted ways, although I did write some lines for both for the video sessions based on the ideas we were playing with).
As seen in the video, the tank, which I guess you can say is the major mech in the game, it uses a stepper motor to do two things, it shakes when hit, but it does something else, that has not yet been shown, but it does not shoot out balls. There is a three ball lock, which is an improved version of the one used in Oktoberfest that uses Optos, not membrane switches. There is the moving target/flying saucer, the player controlled diverter (although the game will divert for the player at times), three magnets (tank, saucer, catch/feed VUK) and you know AP games have fun with magnets, as the tank magnet is used a couple of ways.
The center up post is not 3d printed as someone has suggested, but it is a standard rubber, just being used differently. We actually had a drop target in that spot at first, like Scooby Doo and others, but Dennis felt it was not 'reliable' enough in stopping a ball, and did not want the player to think they had protection and get screwed.
A quick tip for those who will get to play it at TPF, collect methane via the main shots so you have the methane blaster charged before attacking a tank.

Now that right there sounds amazing brother I’m excited that you worked on it, because HOT WHEELS is a banger and the code is very good; I’m hoping this is loaded with multi balls like hot wheels and hopefully a killer one too like REDLINE MBALL in hot wheels

#3766 1 year ago

Yeah I need to watch on YouTube

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The tank appearance model (LE and signature) is a gimmick. Unfortunately, Dennis Nordman (a designer I really appreciate) and the other AP guys like to show it off and "drive" it around the TPF floor. And because they were enjoying playing with it, they didn't want to shut it down long enough to update its code to the more advanced code in the other four GTF games at the show. So everyone drawn to that one LE tank got to see it do something no GTF game will do (move under power) and only got glimpses of the most limited GTF gameplay version at the show. Not a good way to demonstrate AP's new game.
The four other GTF examples all had the latest code update and were lined up for people to play, rather than rolling around the room. I hope enough people got to experience and enjoy them. The deluxe model is hundreds less than a Stern premium and includes non-glare glass, interior art blades, shaker motor, real knocker, and stadium-style lights. The classic (standard) model still to come will lose those extras and be priced at $8K (or less). For those who want something unique, the LE tank at $11K is less than a Stern LE or JJP LE. The signature tank (limited to 200) is call for price, explained as price set by distributor. If a distributor quotes you $17K, then call some other distributors. The best thing only on the signature model is the lenticular 3-D backglass.
I like the deluxe cab art better than the tank and the deluxe will slot into my game room much better. I have a deluxe on order.

How was the game? How were the animations and call outs on it? The deluxe looks great

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sure, happy to help: yes, you like this game so far.
Seriously, I'm glad to answer any questions about the game itself, but I have no idea where/when HD gameplay videos will be available.

Ferret how far along is the current code? How is the depth in the game? Is there a lot to do in it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider musketd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=musketd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.