IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2528 1 year ago

The acting is bad. Could still be a fun game and maybe it ties in a lot better. The video did a terrible job of showing us that though. Seems like as much time was spent on making a tank out of the cabinet as anything else. I need great pinball machines, not strange gimmicks. Time will tell on this one but I just can't see a lot of people rushing to buy it other than the people that buy everything anyway. FF and PF blow this out of the water.

#3186 1 year ago

My first thoughts are that this proves (already been proven time and time again) that some pinball people will literally preorder anything. I really like Nordman games and this one might be a great shooter and end up being a lot of fun. I would have loved to have it morphing into a tank in my bedroom when I was between 4-8 years old kid. The problem here is that I'm not a kid anymore and kids don't buy 11k pinball machines. Who the F would want that in their house? Who is putting the head down after every game so it looks like a tank? All models feel overpriced for what they are. I'm hoping the game is a winner and I wouldn't be against owning a standard version if it is but there is nothing to make me order it at this moment. I don't mind cheesy or campy. I bought a AMH NIB at TPF one year and loved it while I owned it. Was about the price of a stern pro and was tons of cheesy fun. The standard version is going to have to really win some people over or this one is going to flop. After the 50 nuts that want a toy tank in their house have bought its going to come down to it being a good game to sell any of the standard models and so far it's not promising imo.

#3191 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Every time someone craps on a theme, I immediately look at what they own and laugh. Granted, I cannot see your list, but I love how someone will say that "theme xyz is stupid," but will have alien poker and hoteheels in their basement.

I didn't crap on the theme. I crapped on a pinball machine turning into a tank. I stand by my belief that it's incredibly dumb. We haven't seen enough gameplay to really tell anything other than the video assets are pretty dang bad and for 11K it can look like a tank. Game might play great and end up being a lot of fun. Pretty bad overall reveal though imo.

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This whole thing about pricing being too high is just our hobby now. Personally, they're all too damn expensive. I get way more enjoyment playing games on steam or ps5 than pinball for literally .5% of the price. We have a thread about value pins below 6k for God's sake. So sadly, that's the new norm. But I get it, for that much money you would hope it would knock our collective socks off.

The game is essentially 9k. People that want a tank can pay 11K or 18K or whatever. For $500 more there's not going to be a lot of people that will choose this over FF or most stern premiums or even pulp fiction. I own Embryon, there's no more bizarre space theme then that and I love that game. I just don't see how this wins in the current market. It doesn't stack up well against its current competition at the moment. Maybe gameplay will change that.

#4117 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m in on whatever I like and don’t give a shit what anybody else likes or not
The Pinside paparazzi fanboys, penguin jumpers, flow monsters…..it’s wash, rinse and repeat.
Stern is the absolute worst. Yes they make some great games, I have a lot of them, but I’m tired of the same shit.
And FOO, fits that bill. Absolutely NOTHING in it except great art which covers up the rest.
The Aerosmith cartoons are great if you love the band. If you don’t, then it just more of the same imho
Monkeys F ing a football

Typical Ice, pre-orders whatever whacky game is released. Gets drunk and goes nuclear trying to defend it. We've never seen this before......

#4197 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look at my collection. Look at GTF. It’s whacky great!
AP owes me for rolling out their damn game much better than they did
I don’t care what anybody else thinks and don’t have to defend anything. I say what I think and buy what I like.
Ordering a cookie cutter Foo? Sell all your games JG?

Still have 20 pins or so. I'm sure GTF will be fun, they all are to some extent. FF looks great to me, fresh designer, a fresh layout, not your normal shoot the blinky lights pin like Aerosmith from what I can tell but time will tell. Not sure why you are so down on that one. I think Jack killed it. I went with PF for my money. Easily the best package imo. Lots of options for everyone though.

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I contradicted myself for the past 12 yrs and ended up with some great games, I think so anyhow, give me a breakdown of my “taste”.
I rarely sell games which is the antithesis of “contradictory”
And the “kinetics” for GTF is off the charts
It’s just another pin to have fun with imo. That’s it

So you weren't at TPF, you haven't played or seen the game. But it plays great and stole the show?

7d1072ee6288f818140a161d3d50c00a (resized).jpg7d1072ee6288f818140a161d3d50c00a (resized).jpg
#4393 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are you just now catching on? You've been here long enough to know by now that Ice is just screwing with a bunch of y'all and you keep playing along.

We are just messing around. I think we all know what we are doing.

#4528 1 year ago

Cookieguments, pinsides next great arguing tool.

Quoted from Metaluna5:

If it's OK for you to chew apart my family, who worked hard to create this game, INCLUDING THE TOYS, I surely have the right to reciprocate. Fair's fair. And I'm not making fun of anyone's wife. I'm just saying, nothing is ever perfect. Including pinball. I can assure you, no one at American Pinball is laughing their way to the bank at the MASSIVE profit they made off some 3-D printed toys. A BOM is a BOM, and the mark up is usually standard. So just relax, and like it or hate it, but don't whine about it.

The art looks great. I'm sure the games is fun and look forward to playing it. But whining about whiners isn't going to get you very far. Pinside is a very critical bubble of the hobby. Either you can shoulder it or it's best to just avoid it.

#4535 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If this were 2007... you'd have a better argument.
But instead, in 2023, Stern is riding the wave of success by bringing in new talent have taken the games in fresh directions.
You're using the thinking Jack had against Gary and Stern before starting JJP because Stern was hunkering down into the 'safe' and holding onto stale ideas. That's not 2023 Stern.

Yeah, I'm not sure what in the world he is talking about. Recent sterns have all shot and felt extremely different. I have BKSWOR, AIQ, DP, and GZ in a line and they couldn't be more different. Yes, they feel like a stern flipper wise and build wise but JJP games feel like JJP games, Spooky games feel like Spooky games etc. It's like he waited until his point was the least valid to make in.

#4537 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

The art is not great. Its magnificent. Museum quality. An entire universe created around a concept that looks like it existed, but didn't until now. Better recognize.

Ok.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.