IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Definitely excited to see details on this.
Zach on SDTM was dissing this theme a few months back, but I couldn't disagree more.

Zach is a real tool for sure. Unless it’s a game being released by his pinball love JJP (for whom he is a lapdog), he disses just about everything else. Agree this theme is quite cool being from the SciFi B movie troupe style era. Can’t wait to see it in action.

#524 1 year ago

The artwork sure looks fun. Love the 50s/60s sci-fi look. Knowing Dennis, if it’s anything like whitewater and others, it will be a fun shooter too. Now if priced well…

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol. Yeah let’s see what happens. It looks promising.

Agreed, does look promising. Hope they reveal sooner rather than later.

1 week later
#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This playfield cover must have something to do with fold and fight. What else would the function of this folding flap be? It is larger than the top of the back box.
[quoted image]

Guessing it folds down to become the translite on the back box somehow?

#1994 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For a non-licenced game against the competition, I think that's a damn fine result for Galactic Tank Force.
But you're right, tomorrow is the official reveal and we'll see how quickly American can roll (pun) these games out.
I spoke with David Fix and they will have games in boxes at the show.

I know of people that have already told me they’re holding off their votes till tomorrow to see the reveal before voting. So let’s hope AP knocks it out of the park and goes up even more in the poll. Franchi has been hyping it quite nicely in this thread.

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No American pinball has their power switch where it should be and always was - under the game within easy reach .

Under the cabinet little children that can’t even see the PF, have a field day turning pinball machines on and off, lol.

#2824 1 year ago

Click on link below to vote up your enthusiasm for GTF today!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/page/4#post-7486449

This is where it currently sits.

64D5E48B-7400-4CBA-9D00-A78FE244017A (resized).jpeg64D5E48B-7400-4CBA-9D00-A78FE244017A (resized).jpeg
#3073 1 year ago

Save GTF in the voting both all you fans of Namdron, by clicking on link below and voting what you think is best game of the 8 just released…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/page/5#post-7487733

#3882 1 year ago

Come on excited GTF future owners, come over and vote up your fab machine by clicking on the link below and voting. However, vote however you wish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

#3998 1 year ago

GTF lookin good, why not vote it up? Of course vote how you wish for best of 8 new games by clicking link below…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

(Hmmm, downvoting over participation in voting for GTF or other games? Rough crowd at times, lol.)

#4406 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Still missing your point. The flat plastic (which I definitely prefer to this, because at least it has polish), is on a $7000 model. you do the $9500 model (free ship vs the $9400 for my shipped GTF), you get nice toys.
BTW It looks like AP has uploaded some high res pictures on their website which really allows these new toys to shine in all their bad overhang, stringing, printed-too-fast, imporperly tuned printer glory:[quoted image][quoted image]

These photos of 3D printed parts on GTF are shocking. Not a fan of 3D printed anything at these all time high prices in pinball. Injection molded toy parts for a pinball machine should be standard.

One steel heavy airborn pinball hitting most any 3D printed item: they’re toast. My 3D printed atomic Batpile was blown out by the impact of one unusual stray airball. 3D printed Grandpa Munster, legs blown off and playgoul mag ripped from his hand by one stray airball. No more 3D printed parts for me. $400 in 3D printed parts down the drain. Stringy lines all over the surface are ugly as: even painted not so good. 3D printers are only decent for making crude parts to attach fans to cool flippers out of sight, for example.

Understand why AP did not show 3D printed toys in their launch video. A real turn off.

#4721 1 year ago

Is there notice of an official AP game play stream for GTF yet?

2 weeks later
#6157 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Just got back from PinBrew in which I played this game over the course of 3 days, probably amounting to playing it 5 times and watching others play it. Here's my overview:
Let's start off with the most important fact, and that was despite having two games there, they were both malfunctioning constantly. Both of them. Every time I looked over, whoever was operating them either had the glass off, or the playfield up in the air. It was funny and then it was just sad.
Every single game I played on them, I had an issue, despite what machine I played on. Here's some I catalogued:
-Ball would get hung up on an orbit switch. Happened on each machine, different orbit.
-Balls would get stuck/jammed in the right VUK
-Magnet would sometimes not catch the ball when it should.
-Ball got stuck under the upper right spinner gate.
-UFO wasn't moving on one of the machines.
-The plunger was whobbiling up and down on one of the machines.
-I asked the tech to turn the sound up b/c I had trouble hearing it. He did, and then it was SUPER LOUD. I asked him to find a middle ground, he said there was none. Apparently when he would hit the volume to go up or down, instead of going 5, 6, 7, 8, etc... it would go 5, 6789, 10. The switch was too sensitive or something. It was either 5 or 10, no in between.
-Speaking of sound, I don't know what was up with the speaker system, but it was a bit high pitched. Some of the callouts I heard fine, but when there was lots of sound effects, voices were drowned out.
-Sometimes I would see a character pop up that was supposed to be talking, their mouth would move, but no audio from them.
-I'm not sure if there was a ball search
-The cowabonga mode had stupid high scoring. Like, one shot would be easily over 100M. Was super easy to do. I saw a friend's score jump by a billion from that multiball.
-There were frequent air balls from the tank.
-The glass rattled horribly
-The auto launcher was intermittent on one of the games, so I had to manually plunge the ball during multiballs.
I managed to get grand champ on one of the games. Basically just avoided shooting the tank unless I was in multiball or got so bored that I shot it anyways. For a good player, the game seemed pretty easy if you ignore the tank and just shot the other shots.
There's probably much more, but I'm exhausted. I'll talk more in detail about the positives on the podcast, but seriously, they should be ashamed of shipping a game this broken.

Thanks Nick for being brave enough to give us an honest assessment. Can plainly see you were just stating the facts of your experience, not out of meanness. One of our local arcades has Hot Wheels and it too has all kinds of issues. Players are lucky to actually complete a 3 ball game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.