IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#511 1 year ago

I'm already clearing a spot for this one.

#515 1 year ago

This is the cleanest view I can get with the video given. What do you notice?

Screenshot_20230311-195615_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311-195615_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311-195614_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311-195614_Chrome (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20230311-195615_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311-195615_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm ready to support AP with a purchase after I see and hear the game play, call outs and music.
I really hope they can put together a cool Retro music package. I was almost in on Oktoberfest back in the day but the way they launched it with the Rock music was a no go for me. Looks like basically a whole new team so I'm excited.
I cool with a Random space theme and I'm already trying to figure out what to sell to make a spot for this one. Looks Great

Well you're missing out. Oktoberfest is a fantastic pin.

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Piano hinge will make for a very tough game to transport for many of us. My hatchback just barely has the headroom for a WPC/Stern. If you don't know why the hinge makes a difference, think about which part of the cabinet the head typically rests on.
Not to mention the turret, but I assume that's easily removable.

That is a good point you bring up. Having the head farther back may pose an issue with clearance with tighter spots than a traditional pivoting hinge. However, it appears the head on the GTF is tapered more than your average pin. So maybe the took that in consideration and tried to follow the same overall footprint.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The limited version with the tank stuff is not for people with any kind of space concerns. Got a collection with games all side by side? Narrow doorways? Smaller vehicle? Don't buy it.
Honestly I dunno who it's for. I know Dennis thinks it's the funniest idea ever, but it's the least interesting thing about the game. Novelty game collectors maybe.
Luckily the normal version without it exists, and for less money.

It is for me, I would love to own the "Tank" version.

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Sorry, but if that is the playfield, isn't this just a ramped up - pun intended - AFM? Not that such is bad, great game, but ...

I can see some similarities of course but I also see some Creature From The Black Lagoon. Especially in the Translight.

#1546 1 year ago

I already have these. I wonder if I can make a cool topper out of them.

Screenshot_20230317_133027 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230317_133027 (resized).jpgpgh9101 (resized).jpgpgh9101 (resized).jpg
#1732 1 year ago

I thought this was a magnet but it's not cut out here. Hmmm.

pinside.999008834a4e9d1d903d36f7110774b4137fa12f (resized).jpgpinside.999008834a4e9d1d903d36f7110774b4137fa12f (resized).jpg
#1760 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

9 inches. That is the measured space behind a slanted backbox when the rear legs are pushed to the wall.

And it looks like the back box is tapered more than a standard head to allow more room.

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It certainly got them attention.
Just think how much more media hype Oktoberfest would have gotten if it transformed into a keg!

Putting a keg in an Oktoberfest? Brilliant!

#2377 1 year ago

It's like Mystery Science Theater meets Pinball. I love it!

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Didn't someone say earlier that it was AP employees who were doing the acting (other than her?)

The scruffy guy who calls himself Houdini is the voice of the prison guard in Houdini I'm sure of it.

#3337 1 year ago

Is there an official Galactic Tank Force owners thread because I am locking in on a Deluxe.

#3425 1 year ago

I love American Pinball games. I am in on GTF because of my experiences with their other pins and customer service. To me it feels like they really care about the people who play pinball. I constantly see employees from AP on pinside like Rosh and others always helping (Rosh isn't even there anymore and is still here, helping others, thank you so much btw.) One time I commented about my Oktoberfest having issues here on pinside and a few hours later AP called me on the phone to assist me. What company does that?!

I also love AP games for their code. Houdini and Oktoberfest have some of the best coding I have ever played on a pinball machine. Every mode is unique, fun, and tells a story. You can tell by the intricacies of the coding that there was a lot of time and love into them. I have played those games a thousand times and they still evoke a fist pump out of me every time I play.

So I am not worried about the cringy, campy, 3D printed, fmv, tank folding, giggling sprinkles that others are complaining about. I know when I open the box for my new American Pinball machine, I will be getting a fun to play, well built, well coded, and well supported pinball machine that i will cherish for a long time.

I can't wait!

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This just makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with pinball designers. Lawlor and Dialed In, Balcer and Oktoberfest and now Nordman with Galactic Tank Dance Revolution?
Clearly none of these inmates can be trusted to make decisions.

Please tell me you're joking. I really hope you are.

#3962 1 year ago

I have seen a few comments on other social media platforms saying that GTF has been the most fun pin at the show.

#4075 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Not sure who you’re referring to, but think there are lots of people in the thread (and probably many more lurking) who are still interested in buying the game but legitimately frustrated with API repeatedly missing the opportunity to clearly show/explain the gameplay. Teaser 1, 2, 3, leaked pics, seminar, orchestrated streamer vids… While Fix is putting on the hard sell to buy now - better hurry LE’s and SLE’s are almost gone. Would be bad news for API if people quickly moved on.

You make a good point. We are all eager to plop down hard earned money for the next spot in the lineup. Waiting for a proper reveal from AP may lose an opportunity to get something else if the gameplay doesn't pan out. Time is ticking. Luckily, it seems Jack Danger will be live streaming it on Tuesday, maybe. Is that confirmed yet?

#4209 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

There’s a reason they were well below NIB prices and they did not go up when prices for many pins used went nuts. He will be able to find one cheap, it people even want one. We will let you guys eat the depreciation in your NIB purchase.

The reason AP pins are lower in resale price is because they are all still rolling off the assembly lines. And they are lower cost and better equipped than all of Stern Premiums. The reason why most other pins have skyrocketed is because they are not available anymore or impossible to get. Duh.

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Head over to the club thread! Enjoy the game.

And where is that thread? I sure don't want to hang here anymore.

#4980 1 year ago

This speculation thread is at a point where it should be shut down.

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty sure that's never happened?
The hype thread is for general chitchat, criticism, and woke debates.
Owner's threads are for jerking each other off about how awesome the game is, and pitchfork mobs when code updates slow.
This is the established order of things around here! If one of the threads isn't to your liking perhaps the other one will prove to be.

Thank you for clarifying the obvious and reinforcing my opinion. Being crass and disgusting has no place here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=Scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.