IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#561 1 year ago

So I am torn... I REALLY like Nordman designs.... but the idea of the foldable tank is way too far out there for me.

So... maybe a standard edition is the best of both worlds.

I suspect this will be, by far, their best shooter. Hopefully, it's not a Whoa Nelly part 2

1 week later
#2370 1 year ago

Surely they are not using *that* live acting for the cut scenes?

If they do... maybe it is open-sourced so we could make NEW cut scenes!

#2373 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody know why the “signature” is $18k?
Lunchbox

someone mentioned that they may have seen the actresses in other types of movies.... maybe...

#2388 1 year ago

would have been better as a DMD game...

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

but, correct me if Im wrong, in MST3K or Elvira, isnt it funny because you are watching movies that take themselves seriously and fail?

yes and no... the Elvira cut scenes are well done. The movie scenes are from just stupid movies. This was cringe

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stop calling this "camp."
Camp is supposed to have humorous qualities.

yeah... this one misses camp and hits cringe. Everything looks uncomfortable.

I mean... you can't really try and *make* campy. It's kinda earned over time.

#2440 1 year ago

I guess we all should be thankful that we didn't have video content in the 90's .... games like AFM, MM, WH20 would have all been ruined if we had these types of video clips. I mean Tina Fey in MM is hilarious... but if it was some cheesy cut scene of her in a $20 rented princess costume... not-so-much

#2450 1 year ago

I think this kinda proves that original content went out with the DMD.

#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wait, someone help me out here. I thought the actors in the release video were just for the video and it was supposed to be cheezy. Are you guys saying that's going to be actual game video footage???

that is our fear

#2466 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can literally buy a $59 VHS filter for After Effects and dial in a setting and walk away.
That said, no amount of filters is going to save this:
[quoted image]

Dude... if these are the actual video clips... and the game is halfway decent... A few of us should try and save the game by making new cut scenes. It could be live action or animated - we could even use the audio for VO (with animation)

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

It did indeed remind me of Sega Time Traveler

I own a Sega Time Traveler

this is worse

#2480 1 year ago

I am starting to think that the dialogue for Q's ring is a masterpiece when compared to this

#2490 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

Nice try, Nordman! You're on your own on this one!

LOL... I was kinda excited for this one too! I have no idea what they were thinking

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Audio needed to be more like attack from Mars or like a war of the worlds type feel, but with camp. And then just play cheesy, yet story-relevant and public domain, black and white sci Fi movie clips a la elvira, and have franchi build a nice interface over the top of the video.

Even cheesy anime characters would have been a massive improvement.

#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't have the ability to do it well, then ... don't do it. Pick something else. A single static Franchi illustration of each main character with some simple parallax moving backgrounds to add some basic motion and life as they popped up would get the job done 500% better than this. It might not be high art, nobody thought Stern's Avengers had killer animation, but you know what? It wasn't so bad people were bailing on the game either. (The rules did that, bum bum tish)
If you don't have the budget or the skills then you just have to work smarter.

I agree… but honestly… this should have been obvious to them. At the very least they should have run it through a small focus group. In order to be good at doing product you have to be willing to listen to people when they say something isn’t working. It’s a shame that what could have been a real winner for them could be upended by something that was 100% fixable.

I was pretty neutral on the AIQ animations - but that approach would have been 100x better.

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

That speaks volumes. You should never turn off comments unless you are afraid of the truth.

Update- I checked, the video (and all of their videos) is definitely set to “made for kids” so comments were automatically turned off. So no conspiracy here

———-
I suspect that either AP or YouTube deemed the video should be classified as “made for kids” so it automatically disabled comments

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No. They could have changed that to allow comments. They know when you choose made for kids, comments are disabled. If they don’t then that’s really sad. On a positive note the deluxe artwork looks amazing. I really like it.
The wife liked the trailer.

All of their videos are marked "made for kids"

I have no idea why they would do that unless a lawyer forced them. Their videos are pretty clearly ok to be marked "not made for kids" Selecting MFK limits how YT will suggest their videos in the algorithm. Kinda strange that they would select it - but I really doubt YT selected it for them.

If they don't want comments on their videos they could easily just turn comments off.

#3113 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Exactly. I'm not sure if they are just boomering it up and thinking youtube is asking if the videos are safe for kids or what..but when youtube asks if the video is "for kids" it means content specifically aimed toward children. This video is not for kids. Its safe for all ages obviously, but it is not children's content. Just another AP head scratcher. What the heck are they doing over there??

It also prevents them from being suggested on the sidebar of 99% of other pinball videos (since they are likely marked "not made for kids") so it is having a pretty significant impact on how their video is being suggested. So it is unlikely to appear suggested after SDTM, Deadflip, and etc....

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its not an opinion lmao. I agree though, low thought is exactly what led to it. I don't know. Maybe I am crazy to think that if I was launching a product, I wouldn't want low effort or thought going into my big reveal. Hopefully the 4 year olds banging away on their moms old ipad enjoy it! I'm not exactly sure what the guidelines are for kids content on youtube either, but I wouldn't be that shocked if some of the things in the trailer actually violate it.

LOL...

Actually it is 100% in violation of YouTube Kids policy. They do not mark the video as a paid advertisement (which it is since they made the video to try and sell stuff). Not disclosing the creator-sales relationship is a very, very big no-no for YT kids. It can't be inferred either... it has to be an actual verbal cutscene stating that "this is a paid advertisement for .... product" anything else and you are in violation of YT and FTC policy.

#3174 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I agree we just cannot form a reliable opinion until gameplay videos.
Regardless of how we ultimately land on this game, I hope we can all agree on using “To the lab!” and “Hold my scepter!” as pinball catchphrases from now on.

My teenage daughter got a big laugh from the, " I am sorry, I am loser intolerant"

#4780 1 year ago

This is one weird thread. It's weird enough to match the game.

It's amazing, but it seems like about half of the pinball launchs become soooo... dramatic.

TS4 - Very dramatic
Bond - Still dramatic
GTF - more of a comedy than a drama
CCr- an epic looooooong drama
Halloween/Ultraman- Drama here too!

FF- seems normal
PF - Normal, but plenty of time (and I do mean "PLENTY OF TIME") for drama
GF - Maybe the best JJP rollout
Rush- Normalish... I guess
Scooby - normal

#4791 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We got to actually see the game though instead of waiting for months for Bond 60th, topper exclusive, no idea what’s really in it until the stream. I was there every step of that disaster
They showed the actual game. Have we seen the PF stream yet?
Doesn’t matter. I’ve seen enough
And it appears JD is streaming tonight.
If you mean “drama filled” whiner release then yeah, it’s right up there
Alien - Heighway
Hobbit - another disaster, art redo
Beatles - shitshow
Dialed In - collective groans on theme from crowd
BM66 - No code
Munsters - weak code
GB - PFs falling apart
Etc etc etc
Basically just about EVERY release has its issues.
And the far and away winner in the clubhouse is RAZA!

I wonder which one had the best release? Godzilla?

Other notable flobs....

JP/Wonka/GNR (especially) had playfield issues....

I forgot the issue with the scoop on Rush, but that one seems kinda minor

STh - multiple issues with the TK lock and Demogorgon shot

LZ - Art ... Art... and Art

Looking back... AP probably has had some the least draa-induced rollouts.

#4800 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Paul_8788, I think we can agree that most YouTubers are in it for money and promotion, with only few doing it for fun long-term. This guy's with Stern, so he's pretty connected to them. He's done lots of Stern reviews and might even be sponsored (gear, studio, games). Sure, he's fun and chill, but he's also part of a competing pinball game. Small communities feel even tiny waves.
Marketing is a dirty game, e.g. maybe some pinsiders are here just to push products/brands!? Just saying, it might not be wise to trust someone tied to a competitor. He could indeed be unbiased or "accidentally" make your game and/or involved parties look bad. Plus, your product may boost their platform. I think that's always important to weigh pros and cons (control), specific circumstances (contracts), potential benefits (reach, fanbase, alternatives), and trustworthiness before deciding. PR can be a bit of a gamble, but hey, anything can happen, sometimes it turns out great!
I'm also excited for more gameplay footage!
Who knows, maybe it'll be on his channel as previously suggested in this thread.

I think people forget that streaming on YT isn't free. Sure the YT service is free... but cameras and set-ups have a real cost. You can easily spend $5000-10K on a decent set-up (with computer). I'd guess, on average, streamers are making between $5-10/1000 views (if they are in the YT partner program - which requires 1000 subs and 4000 hours viewed). So... a stream with 10k views might make $100.

In short... no one is getting rich streaming pinball.

#4817 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

You might be surprised how much money comes from affiliations, sponsorships, and barter deals! Let's say there's a woodworking channel, for example. The streamer might subtly promote an affiliate link for saw blades on Amazon, through a comment or even just a logo. They could also have a link in the description or be successful on Etsy, selling loads of wooden coasters. YouTube is mainly a marketing tool.
If someone's in it for fun, they either have time/money to spare or are genuinely passionate about sharing their interests (maybe they're a bit lonely).
What's really interesting is that, unlike TV or film, Google gets most of the ad revenue without spending a cent on content creation. Of course, they still have to pay for server farms and such. But overall, it's a pretty clever business model!

I have a very good idea of the money involved. I have multiple-billion views on YT. Trust me... no one is getting rich streaming pinball.

#4821 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

like he said, nobody is getting rich from streaming pinball on Twitch.

Twitch is worse than YT... absolutely no one is getting rich streaming on twitch. At best they are eaking out a living.

#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

People stream for different reasons, whether it's a genuine passion to put yourself out there but also money. I mean the other day, I happened to check out twitch and I was watching a lonely guy playing around with his new tiny synthesizer. I was the only viewer. That was pretty hilarious. Felt somewhat bad. "Social" media is super interesting subject to dive into...
Biggest consideration with social media is that quality content almost always costs money/time and effort.
Hence factors such as cause and motivation always translates into the type of content a viewer gets to see...
Ask yourself next time you find yourself in the share show.

from my experience, the people with the most passion usually do the best. True passion (and some basic skills) is present in most of the people who do well on twitch/yt. Phonies usually flame out.
(not true for ALL social media - but i find it is true for games and other niche type creators)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=NC_Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.