E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (12 months ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#583 1 year ago

I think it looks great and that tank turret backside topper, is probably just a bit of fun for us waiting on reveal.

#686 1 year ago

This must be the worst release ever?
First the timing. Coming in last.
Then ugly pictures and vierd videos.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This is why I don't understand why AP hasn't been doing a good rollout of this game to present it they way they want customers to see it instead of doing 3 teaser trailers followed by spy style pictures.
These pics are now the first impression for everyone and can be interpreted a ton of different ways, but AP could have cleared it all up by being the first to show it with good pics and providing some info about gameplay to go with it.

Completely agree.
Compare it too the three other games recently released.
Video, pictures, gameplay featurettes etc etc.
This isnt even amateur hour class.
Combined with beeing late to the ball, how much are you really allowed to fuck up?

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think it would matter. You have basically full on photos of the machine. People either like it or don't. They've all done this, and let's just face it pinball manufacturers aren't the best promoters.

Yea blurry photos laced in purple. It's punny factory class.

I'm really pissed. I kind of like ap. Quality is really good and i think it's great keeping games available. They have abit of odd games, which has charm.

However presenting your product in such a way, when there are three competetors just fired their best shot, should ofc get someone in marketing fired. If they even have anybody at marketing (doubtful)

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

It's a very cool and normal thing to get 'really pissed' about a pinball company you have zero relationship with not revealing a game the way you'd like them to.

Yea, you are right. I shouldnt give a shit.
Nobody should.

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

In regard to marketing, and marketing departments, save the resources for catchy marketing, put x amount you saved in doing so and release a game that’s innovative and fun to play, and in this online social media day and age we as a group will be their marketing department - for free.

If there is no marketing, you will not know that a products exists.

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

Way better.
Apparantly someone woke up.
Better late then never.

Looks interesting.

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

In correct. We knew it was about to exist before it was marketed. We knew all the ,machines before release.
I never thought i'd see people want to be marketed at. And want it so bad they get angry if they are not marketed at hard enough.
I love the nod to AFM.
'Hey! Would you look at the size of that cow!'

How did you know?

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Oh cool, the swinging target is actually attached to the UFO. I think the UFO is tractor beaming up a cow. The whole thing swings and you bash the target.

Yea, seems to be a ball path on the right side of the pops.

#789 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Tesla has zero marketing and plenty of people know it exists

Yea i know.
Not even a website.
No names on charging posts.
Nothing.
Amazing......

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I remember seeing a cool lamp that would make for a good topper
[quoted image]

Excellent topper.
Hope it lights up during cows come home wizard mode.

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I will wait for pricing and I do not need the collector tank edition for an extra $5000
Wondering what they will do for standard edition? Really hoping for standard classic stainless trim
$6988 including delivery

I think the tank looks great, since they kept less defusing on the tracks, they can probably have the threads simulating movement.
Cool.

Will probably spell the demise for most robot vaccum cleaners though.

1 week later
#3056 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I wanted to like this game but the video did not do it for me. I look forward to the gameplay video but I think if those are the video assets then it will take a lot to convince me. I wish these email blasts I get with the hit the button for the LE or the Deluxe had a hit the button for the lunchbox. I am in on that.

For a non theme game, gameplay is everything. Voices/callout video bits etc can be changed easily.
I´m still waiting for gameplay, until then nothing is final. (for me)

#4111 1 year ago

Are they supposed to modify the grey balls, the grey discs and the red main toy before sales?
They all look so ugly.

If not modders will have to work their asses of, to make the game presentable.

#4140 1 year ago

Just WOW on so many levels .......
Best quote, besides "that guy's an asshole" & "I thought there'd be more people here"
Was "I think these mics are hot so I don't want to say anything". LOL

Lol
Pro stuff. Marketing 101.

Well atleast we know ryan is a d****

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Never said it was a well orchestrated game of chess. But everything they are doing is on purpose. They created a buzz and are milking it. They can put out a gameplay video whenever they want. It won’t change the number of orders they’ll eventually get. Sounds like Danger will be doing a gameplay video. That is probably the best scenario for GTF. Danger is a good player and will say all positive things about it. No way will he trash the competition.

Ah, nonsense.
10 years old, could have come up with a better market strategy.
They are selling toys to grown ups at 10000$.
Isn't there a single responsible soul in the company, who can give their marketing strategy div the boot ( if they have someone at marketing, which i doubt).

#4186 1 year ago

Possible they have been waiting on code?
I still find it odd that a former employee is the one that's answering the most questions about the product.

Can we agree on them having the worst release date?
(Last and with the worst presentation)
If they were first, it might be an excuse, with some bits quite not there, but they were last and the other releases were great. They should have waited for the others to go away and then presented a good and well prepped product.

Here is ferrari with their new model!
Here comes bentley with their new luxury car. Wow!
Now comes bmw with their new m-model. Nice
Now comes dacia with their new retro. Unfortunately, there are no wheels on it because we were last.....

1 week later
#5711 11 months ago
Quoted from King_ci:

So i played gtf last night it was fun and wasn't bad the way everyone says , all the toys work fine and the tank in the center of the game didn't bother me @ all . It's looks amazing and definitely fully loaded for the 8k , and it has a different feel from a typical stern I'm definitely going to consider buying the deluxe version over a stern pro that's 1k cheaper.
[quoted image]

"The tank didnt bother me at all" and the most important stream of the game using the avoid at all cost approach........

Is this the worst main toy in pinball history?

1 month later
#6563 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

To those getting their knickers in a twist over the launch what is it that you hate about the launch.
This fawning over a live stream is stupid. Really, you get your fanny pack in a bunch because you didn't see a live stream of a machine you did not even play to buy it and somehow standing in jack Danger shoes is going to fix that
"
Oh no Jack Danger didn't stream a game, the sky is falling, aliens have come to wipe out the earth
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh red alert red alert.
I can't buy this game because their was no live stream, I'm a broken person who can't deal with it oh no.
"
Really?

Lets see.....
Just from memory:

Release date, hey lets get in last of all new releases, never mind the other releases were really well executed.
Super wonky and really just wierd teasers that made absolutely zero sense.
Mega blurry terrible pics of game that didnt get rectified until forever.
Pictures finally out, the gameplay video also waiting forever.
Conference where mic is on and envolved calling each other, really not nice things.
Finally gameplay, that really seemed to reveal major flaws with the game.

What did i miss?
Terrible.......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.