IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2699 1 year ago

Ok, so…

Switch that Dubstep Music into something more appropriate for a retro throwback game and maybe put some blurry CRT filter over the video, so it doesn‘t stand out so much -> decent trailer!

#2881 1 year ago

Still no gameplay?

1 week later
#4937 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

missed one minor detail
[quoted image]

Thx. This is MY major complaint. ^_^;

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I asked when Christie Brinkley was coming on. RISQUÉ!

I‘d more expect Gary Stern walking in, drunk. Playing 3 Balls of 3 different players, asking Jack when Seth greenlit that game.

Edit: Actually I‘d love to see this! XD

#5629 1 year ago

So, after watching the stream and having a good nights sleep...

I like the game, it's fresh und most things that I thought may bug me didn't.
Actually I kinda dig the FMV Footage integration.

I have absolutely no problem with the center target as well; with BKSoR as my favorite game GTF is a piece of cake.

Do I want 3D Prints in a 10k machine? -No. But I'll usually wouldn't come close enough to even notice.

Only thing that srsly bugged me, and more so the longer the stream went, was the "gap" in the music.
So you have your opening kinda generic dubstep loop and that switches to an epic orchestral piece when you start a mode.
I really don't have anything against dubstep but these are 2 totally opposite spectrums of music and at least the dubstep loop could intensify when you climb the ranks to build some momentum.

That's no gamebreaker fo me, more like a little nauseam.

#5780 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Anyone who had a strong opinion on the GTF reveal video cringe factor, feast your eyes on this gem!

I‘m in love!

#6053 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

why stop watching his videos over a disagreement about one? One should never 100% agree with any content provider. All he did was depict his actual experience and then edited and added the snarky lines. He wasn’t ginning up a false experience

Indirect experience that is, but one must admit GTF did not perform stellar in the stream. But hiccups occur in the Stern reveal streams as well and I‘m no wussy regarding the tank targets. Since they‘re curved and multiple you can hit the outer ones with way less risk then BKSoR.

#6064 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Unlike GTF, BKSOR offered an interesting and dynamic center target. A spinning mace, a ramp entrance, a detailed and painted sculpt, a raising and lowering shield with a mode start shot and a smack talking center shot. The risk / reward was way more fun and interesting and unique, but still got old quick. GTF simply has 5 small targets. The wiggly tank and raising bland robot add nothing to attempting that shot and the curve of the target bank is probably not enough that even the outer targets can airball back at you. Farm animals and aliens has already been done so if your going down that path you had better bring something thats next level. I know folks dont want to hear it and as a Houdini and Oktoberfest owner I dislike saying it. Comments that this game plays like a bally williams game is not a compliment at a 9k price tag. Outside of the artwork this game screams freshman effort yet it was put out by folks with a ton of experience under their belt and they are going to get their just desserts.

As BKSoR has far more in it then meets the eye (with both flail and shield not only diverters but also targets and backkickers) you‘re forgetting about a lit of stuff thats in GTF.

And regarding BKSoR as one guy that had a pro for 2 years and now a premium; they‘re different but none is better. Since the Pro slowly got old I appreciate the additional modes and shots and the added ability of a more tactical approach the second playfield offers.

#6071 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Is this tread about Black Knight or the new American Pinball Galactic Tank Force?

It‘s the „great games with center targets“ thread!

#6075 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im not forgetting about anything. Im just comparing the center tank center target to the black knight center target.

And added all the rest BK has to offer compared to seemingly nothing on the opponents side (wich is not quite true with diverter ramp, ball lock, moving target…).

Actually I like that the tank moves, since I always wished for the BK to do so when his Target gets hit.

#6083 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Did I miss something?

The Tank moves back and forth when you hit the targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.