IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bohm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think once we achieve intergalactic travel the Tank will be obsolete. I dont want to spend 8k on that level of suspended disbelief. Which do you associate with fast and flowy, tanks or rockets? The combination of retro space theme and Tanks is shark jumping. Am I letting that bug me too much? Maybe, but if you want my money I gotta love it and for me this concept tanks.

So you were a hard pass on the Halo series?

2 weeks later
#943 1 year ago

Game looks great, hopefully gameplay matches looks.

If so, I'm in as long as prices aren't Stern premium level... I just can't do it.

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that the standard pricing is at or below what Spooky charges for their Standard ($7769). Spooky also has full RGB, four flippers, a huge upper playfield, numerous magnets, tons of wireforms, 7 drop targets, real backglass, etc. and they likely have similar manufacturing capabilities. Is there anything that's in GTF that justifies a higher price than what Spooky is charging?

Build quality?

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

My guess is and I could be wrong about this, also I am not sure if anyone else has brought this up but.... I think the head of the game is going to automatically close when the game is not in use and open when you play it. I mean otherwise the fact that there is a cannon on the back of it, really doesn't make much sense once the game is sat up with the head in the upright position.
At least that is my thought or something to that effect.

That would actually be a pretty cool feature. Or the cannon scans back and forth in a sort of attract mode? Didn't think of any of that, but it makes a lot of sense.

1 week later
#2559 1 year ago

Game looks loaded and fun, cheeseball acting was done on purpose and actually could be pretty funny depending…. but yeah, should have showed some more gameplay.

#3050 1 year ago

Game looks awesome, especially the Deluxe... now I just need a way to come up with $9K

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Have y’all lost your minds, and your ability to appreciate a silly fun game?
eVeRy pInBaLl mAChiNe mUsT bE UltRa sErIoUs!!!!!111
Y’all clamor and fetishize 80s and 90s Bally Williams, so let me count the ways this machine is EXACTLY that.
#1 Designer: Dennis Nordman. A staple designer during the “golden era” of pinball.
#2 original theme (other Norman original themes: Dr. Dude, Party Zone, Whitewater, all 3 Elvira Games, Big Juicy Melons, etc.)
#3 campy humor (see above)
I swear to christ in heaven, if American Pinball put out Whitewater today, pinside would have the same reaction:
“… tHe tHeMe is…. RAFTINGGGG?? wHaT tHe hELL??? RIP aMeRiCaN pInBaLl!!”
“wHat’S wItH tHat cHeAp pLaStiC wAtErfALL tOpPer???”
“sPeAkiNg oF cHeAp PlaStiC, lOok aT ALL tHe jUnk On tHe pLaFiEld LLOOLLLLL”
No. Pinball hasn’t gotten worse. YOU have.

To further your point:

Unlicensed theme, unthinkable!!

Meanwhile, I can't get a decent condition MM, AFM, TOTAN, CV or MB for under $10K and they're all top 40 games despite being 20+ years old and unlicensed.

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False equivalency. Those are Bally Williams games - designed, built & created by the best factory ever during a different era where the arcade was still relevant. They cost about $2k & had 20+ years to gain their reputation & collectibility status.

I wasn't equating those games to GTF at all, only pointing out that their unlicensed status hasn't lessened their desirability or value.
If GTF is a good/great game, the LE and Signature models are going to be a pretty decent investment in a few years.

#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

GTF lookin good, why not vote it up? Of course vote how you wish for best of 8 new games by clicking link below…
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

Played Godfather today, didn’t think I would like it but I was wrong, and it’s a pretty game. I don’t want to vote without seeing more of GTF, just wouldn’t be fair. Also, that Pulp Fiction release was pretty badass, no idea if the game is any good but at least you get an idea

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

I chortled

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bohm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=Bohm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.