E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (12 months ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm really excited that all the people who say they want unlicensed themes will soon have another chance to not buy one again.

Licensed theme doesn't matter so much to me as long as you execute properly

- a good theme
- good artwork and video graphics
- fun layout mechs and good code

I would have liked Stern's JP just a much if it was called Dinosaur Rampage without the license

been waiting for AP to execute all those for me, this could be it

1 week later
#171 1 year ago

so AP is going to be the last of the crowd to reveal, they must think they have something special
I am looking forward to it

#271 1 year ago

Curious if the GTF tank mech will be more impressive than the tank mech in the new P3 game that shoots balls at you

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If there is no marketing, you will not know that a products exists.

Tesla has zero marketing and plenty of people know it exists

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Damn, pinside hates white dudes. Such flawed logic.
On one hand you say the market is driven by kids, then in the next breath say they dont give a shit. Which is it?
Ill go with they dont give a shit and old white dudes are the primary market.
Thoughts?

kids aren't plopping down $10k for a pinball machine

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

it's the least interesting thing about the game.

I hope so, because if it (the tank cabinet) ends up being the most interesting thing about the game, then they have a huge issue

1 week later
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Sharing this...courtesy of Kaneda.
[quoted image]
Third flipper button controls the ramp diverter...RAD!

but ........ kaneda club members only

#2266 1 year ago

Sorry, WTF was that?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2306 1 year ago

and that folks .... is why you stick with licensed themes

#2366 1 year ago

From what I saw in the video, Final Resistance has a better tank

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody know why the “signature” is $18k?
Lunchbox

FOMO pricing

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Every pinball machine is "fun".

Guessing you never played Mafia

#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I love the tank cabinet when folded, what do you think?
We have Signature and Limited spots still left
[quoted image]

Standard cab looks like the best package to me - love the artwork
I appreciate that they tried to do something different with the tank, but it just doesn't work for me

#3065 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey no one recognized Sonia Blade (MK3)??
[quoted image]

It was mentioned in one of the preview trailers that she would be in it

#3086 1 year ago

I sort of expected the video assets to be more like FF's

#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Have y’all lost your minds, and your ability to appreciate a silly fun game?
eVeRy pInBaLl mAChiNe mUsT bE UltRa sErIoUs!!!!!.

Who said that?

#3220 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are 100s or even 1000s of unlicensed pinballs that few people give a crap about or ever talk about. There's a survivorship bias, we only care about games like AFM and MM because they're good games. And part of what makes them good is they have great sound packages. Bally/Williams hit up the local comedy circuit for their voice work, improv artists who were used to playing ridiculous roles on a nightly basis. That's why Medieval Madness has voicework from Tina Fey.
Attack from Mars is a thinly disguised remix of Mars Attacks! Medieval Madness owes a lot to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They took classic ideas and ran with them, but the key is that the execution was stellar. Brian Eddy created probably the two most quintessential fan layouts in pinball history. The castle is still one of the most beloved toys in pinball. The code had motherfuckin' Lyman Sheats. Dan Forden has a stable of games with excellent sound. Hitting up Second City comedy club for voice talent was actually genius. (Had a chance to catch a show there once, was a good time.)
I think LCDs in pinball are overrated. Whole topic there. But what's not overrated and is hugely important imo is sound. The callouts are going to end up being more important than what's on the screen with GTF. Curious about the music too, are they actually putting dubstep in the game or was that just an odd trailer choice?

I think all the system 11 games were unlicensed, and there were a lot of great ones

#3224 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

cough, cough...Rollergames...cough, cough.
Might as well have been an unlicensed theme.

I said a lot were good, not all

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The signature model doesn't seem worth the price,

Does the value of Fix's signature on the apron go up or down once AP fires him?

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Who else should've had their signature there?

nobody

#3638 1 year ago

3 cameras confirmed

#4132 1 year ago

Just WOW on so many levels .......
Best quote, besides "that guy's an asshole" & "I thought there'd be more people here"
Was "I think these mics are hot so I don't want to say anything". LOL

#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

There's a Pinsider above you that would disagree, and argue that this was really a well orchestrated game of chess. I find that thought adorable.

Glad they worked it out, but it's still an embarrassment. How can everybody not be told before they sit down that the mics are hot.

#4160 1 year ago
Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

I was 100% wrong. Zero excuse for my comments. Hot mic has nothing to do with it. Inexcusable in any setting. I have very sincerely apologized to Ryan, and we have moved on to become fast friends. I have also apologized to everyone at AP. I do not work for AP, and I hate that something I did reflects negatively on them. Again Inexcusable.
Paul

Learning from our mistakes only makes us better people

#4165 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I just don’t see what was so difficult about having a 10-15 minute video of Bowden playing it.

Possible they have been waiting on code?

I still find it odd that a former employee is the one that's answering the most questions about the product.

#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Love empty games - I can see the ball better.

then you should love this

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

If it's OK for you to chew apart my family, who worked hard to create this game, INCLUDING THE TOYS, I surely have the right to reciprocate. Fair's fair. And I'm not making fun of anyone's wife. I'm just saying, nothing is ever perfect. Including pinball. I can assure you, no one at American Pinball is laughing their way to the bank at the MASSIVE profit they made off some 3-D printed toys. A BOM is a BOM, and the mark up is usually standard. So just relax, and like it or hate it, but don't whine about it.

100% understood, but you could have conveyed that message in better way more representative of the company that hired you

#4802 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

You play missions where you collect ice cream ingredients for Dr. Plotnik to experiment with. One has you drilling fudge and packing it. When you drain it shows you the amount of 'Fudge Packed'.

funny-laughing.giffunny-laughing.gif
#4856 12 months ago
#5070 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a lot like placing a big horizontal wall of targets in the center of a playfield on a modern pinball machine; what else do you expect besides unbridled chaos (and countless airballs?)

Is the technical name a ball wall?

#5223 12 months ago

I feel like if AP just went all in on a killer theme, that have the staff to knock it out of the park

#5471 11 months ago

some very good points

#5477 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

talking about conversations he wasn't even a part of as if it were factual... (no one questioned 3d prints)

I thought it was obvious that was in jest,
but ok

#5615 11 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The second I saw the tank dead center down low I knew it would be brutal. Like left ramp in Shadow. I'm surprised Dennis did this......Should have been back 8 inches. On POTC the ship is back and to the left and it sinks into pf. The only way this should have been this close is if it rose from below for battles like the Iron Monger. Almost 20 years after POTC I would think mechs could do this.

Seems like they could have designed the standups angled slightly to the right and left so you could still hit them but they ricochets would not go SDTM

Quoted from Ballderdash:

I don’t think this game was set up last minute at all. I’m sure Jack had some time on it before going live too.

They literally said, "We just put the legs on and started playing"
and Ryan said something like "Maybe we should have checked these things out before"

#5622 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yet again you do a better job selling this game as an ex-employee than some ALL of the current employees.

I fixed it for you

#5857 11 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Which podcaster is that?

Pretty sure he's referring to the self-proclaimed king of all podcasters

#5985 11 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Complimentary Buffalo Pinball mug to the first person that gets Franchi to sign a picture of Christie Brinkley.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Palmer:

There’s funny and then there’s harassment.

Agee, it's funny!

#6095 11 months ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

For these prices, you're up your own ass if you don't think it's okay for people to expect great looking and great working games out of the box for $9000-$17500. That applies to ALL games (TNA CE and Scooby being other recent issue examples). At $6000, I'd cut you tons of slack that you're doing your best 3D printing in your basement and things being built wrong will get resolved. But after 5+ years in business and almost $10,000, it's all fair game.

doesn't really matter what anybody says, at the end of the day we all vote with our wallets - that's all that really matters

#6127 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If he's married he's oblivious to the silent heartbreak an insensitive comment like that would instill in any spouse. He should have simply said, "I regret that comment." Instead, he keeps steeping in his own fudge.

It was a stupid comment, but I think heartbreak by spouses is a stretch. I don't know about your wives, but my wife is not affected by what somebody on a pinball forum says.

#6213 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I was thinking about the center targets and proposed bracket to support the base, but I think they also need a metal hood to catch any balls being launched and immediately deflect them downward.

I just don't understand how they didn't catch this stuff during testing.

#6215 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's interesting They said that TPF was so many games there just had never put that many games on one to find those issues? How many games could they have gotten in 3 days at TPF? 500? They also said they've had one at their factory/office for a long time and encouraged people to play it. Design had existed for years? But it never got enough plays to bend the targets? Nobody wanted to play it even when it was sitting there to play for free I guess?

Wouldn't that be the goal for testing ... to put max plays on 1 single machine.
I mean, how else are you going to find failures?

#6227 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kaneda is giving Iceman head noogies on his podcast, which even his biggest haters love him for.
It's the yin and yang of Kaneda
[quoted image]

Kandea is my favorite ... he preaches how he makes nothing personal and why can't we just talk about pinball while spewing out personal attacks and talking about everything but pinball ... so entertaining to watch

#6364 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve already conceded that this game is exactly like AFM In every way.
What more do you want?! It’s just getting cruel.
GTF is one of the best layouts in pinball history. And the humor?
Chef’s kiss!
If you like AFM, you simply MUST buy Galactic tank force or you are nothing but a hypocrite of low Character!!! (Maybe buy two of them just to be safe)

Thanks, saves me some cash
I have an AFM so I don't need a GTF

2 weeks later
#6457 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Blows my mind after what happens on the deadflip stream that they send a pin to a show and have it have that same problem. It's like they really really don't want to sell these things.
If they DID want to sell pinball machines, with foresight, the conversation, would go: "Ok, we are sending these 4 machines to these 2 dealers, to be used at a pinball show where hundreds of people will play them, and hopefully want to buy them. We've had a ton of bad feedback about airballs, so Bob your job, before you box those games up, is to put our prototype target bracket in there like we did for MGC(?). Jerry, your job is to make sure the ball lock mech is working perfectly, because that deadflip stream was fucking embarrassing"
If you didn't have that foresight, you just send Bob or Jerry to the show to make sure your freaking game works before you let people play it.

Agree 100%
Befuddles the mind
I don't think the leadership over at AP knows what they are doing

I really wanted this to be the game that finally made me send AP some money

#6575 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So the only thing on your list not really addressable is 'tank close'

Game was in development for years .... curious why none of those issues were addressed preproduction

#6594 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

As I believe has been mentioned before: something changed with the production parts that were received. I've had a whitewood GTF since August, with who knows how many hundreds or thousands of plays in that time, and my tank targets are nice and straight. Same is true with other test machines in the American Pinball factory. It is not clear what is different with the targets that were received for production games, but that is exactly what the production team is trying to figure out, to hopefully avoid a repeat of the problem.

that makes sense, I think the same thing happened to Stern with the Rush scoop

4 weeks later
#6892 9 months ago

I tried to have an open mind and be positive .... but the pinball machine converting to a tank has got to be one of the dumbest things I have seen in pinball. I hope the game plays better than the ridiculous cabinet looks.

2 weeks later
#6983 8 months ago

Finally got a chance to play GTF and I actually really enjoyed it. I found the tank shot very satisfying.

Also got to play god father, which I thought I would really like, but found it boring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.