pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 146.
#401 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The vast majority of "outside the box" ideas shouldn't leave the napkin they were written on. So far, this seems like one of them.

The box is a good place to be. Especially in pinball.

I mean, it’s literally a box.

#402 1 year ago

A kitty litter box?

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The box is a good place to be. Especially in pinball.
I mean, it’s literally a box.

But damnit we want innovations!!!!

#404 1 year ago

while the diverter is not an innovation, using them to create 29 unique ball paths is.

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Possible someone with really low ceilings could have an issue. I’m sure there will be a few versions as far as the cabinet, from what was shown down to standard cabinet, but don’t know for certain.

With the turret requiring additional depth with the head up, won't the machine stick out in a row of games?

#406 1 year ago

It needs to be away from the wall to accommodate for the recoil the cannon makes.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It needs to be away from the wall to accommodate for the recoil the cannon makes.

...unless they accidentally leave it up and blow a hole through the basement ceiling - Yikes!

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But damnit we want innovations!!!!

Wait till you see the PinPod DropPod that the GTFo rolls out of

Deploying soon! Start widening your doors now

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Possible someone with really low ceilings could have an issue. I’m sure there will be a few versions as far as the cabinet, from what was shown down to standard cabinet, but don’t know for certain.

I seen the base model. It does not have all that and basically looks like a normal pinball machine.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I seen the base model. It does not have all that and basically looks like a normal pinball machine.

Boo

#411 1 year ago

I FUCKING LOVE THIS..SUE ME! I already let my distro know that I want a spot, regardless of gameplay..fuck it. The music already sold me, so I was already pumped for this before today's cab reveal..I love outta the box' innovation, we need more.

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What are you suppose to do with all the spent shell casings?

I guess you could scrap them to recoup some of the money spent on the Deluxe model.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Heard it doesn't have a tilt bob, instead...
[quoted image]

You’re having a giraffe!

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I FUCKING LOVE THIS..SUE ME! I already let my distro know that I want a spot, regardless of gameplay..fuck it. The music already sold me, so I was already pumped for this before today's cab reveal..I love outta the box' innovation, we need more.

You bring this home and your Mrs will have divorce papers served inside 3 days

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Might be a good thing. More room for pinball?

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Wait, are you saying that's all I have to do? Im in!

#417 1 year ago

Someone pointed out there's a camera feature while the head is down. I'm trying to figure out how that will factor in.

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Not if she's really into the dildo piece on the top!

#419 1 year ago

Could be a look at an early playfield

gtf-1 (resized).jpggtf-1 (resized).jpg
#420 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Someone pointed out there's a camera feature while the head is down. I'm trying to figure out how that will factor in.

It captures the confused looks of people walking by trying to figure out WTF it is? Could be a fun YouTube channel.

#421 1 year ago

I think the tank looks awesome but when exactly will anyone have it in this position?

Unless it transforms like the Optimus Prime toy which would be awesome

#422 1 year ago

Dennis has been dreaming about this for years, I'm happy to see him standing next to it.

The teaser rollout for this one has been about as odd as setting the cabinet reveal to dubstep, it's not how I would have done it. But I have to respect the commitment we're seeing.

One thing's for sure, TPF is going to be a hell of a show this year.

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I'm old enough to remember this "Thing" lol[quoted image]

We had one of those when I was growing up. Brings back memories every time I see one

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Could be a look at an early playfield
[quoted image]

pretty sure that's some old zidware scrap.

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Not if she's really into the dildo piece on the top!

If Bond at home, that’s too many roosters in the hen house

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

no, she saw it a few minutes ago, and said, 'shit'..(meaning she wants it).

#427 1 year ago

and before people start hating on the assumtion that you can't put the pin up against the wall, might want to rethink that..second pin in, is a GotGalaxy..plenty of space for that turret..And I think that's where the speakers are, and projecting upward ..I bet it's going to sound awesome..(that one is a guess, but seems logical!)

IMG_0201 (resized).jpegIMG_0201 (resized).jpeg
#428 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If I already have those I guess I’m safe to buy one!

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some fears I have:
Will this become sentient and destroy the rest of my collection?
Will it be kidnapped by a group of Shriners for use in their fleet?
If my floor is not level, will it roll into the kitchen?
If I attempt a death save, will it fire back?
It’s all very unsettling.

Cue TreyBo69 with an AI story about a pinball machine shaped like a tank that takes over the world

#430 1 year ago

Haha, so wild...it's awesome! It will stand out alright, it's obviously designed to stand out from the rest of the lineup.

#431 1 year ago

this totally reminds me of The Iron Giant (film)..that would have been an awesome license, but good movies never get the spotlight..this is the same retro era though, and it's very refreshing to have AP keep pumping out original themes..

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

this totally reminds me of The Iron Giant (film)..that would have been an awesome license, but good movies never get the spotlight..this is the same retro era though, and it's very refreshing to have AP keep pumping out original themes..

Looks campy. Good campy. I’m digging it. Dennis is obviously excited about this creation.

#433 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looks campy. Good campy. I’m digging it. Dennis is obviously excited about this creation.

MYSTERY SCIENCE PINBALL

#434 1 year ago

I agree...should be mandatory.

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

MYSTERY SCIENCE PINBALL

I wish!

EHOH is the closed to a MST3K pin so far. Many of the movies in that game were also featured on MST3K.

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

MYSTERY SCIENCE PINBALL

I’ve already consulted my Distro. Got limited space but damned if I’m missing out on 1950’s Space Rocket campiness.

#437 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Cue TreyBo69 with an AI story about a pinball machine shaped like a tank that takes over the world

I don’t want to give it any funny ideas

#438 1 year ago

Unlike Bond thread this so far seems light hearted and fun. Ya’ll been great so far but no pricing or action shown yet. Fingers crossed this title pushes AP into the big leagues.

#439 1 year ago
2023.gif2023.gif
#440 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm assuming the turret will be removed and re positioned to become the topper when the head it up. Its so big it would have to be removed to lower the head, so my bet is they made attach points on the back of the head for transportation. Having it look like a tank when folded is a bonus.

No way that will be a topper. The depth would be way to deep. Plus no hinges on the front or anything to allow it to fold up or any bracket to hold it up.

#441 1 year ago

Fucking brilliant!!!

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Oh.. design based off of tin space toys not sci fi films?[quoted image]

Yep that is what I was thinking.

#443 1 year ago

This tank exterior reveal is just batshit crazy - but I still wanna see what this thing is. I love Dennis’ designs. WH2O is an all time favorite. POTC’s sinking ship was the closest Stern ever got to a MM toy before GZ. I think WOF with a different theme would be celebrated today. I respect him for “nope-ing out” of Heighway & Derp Root when he knew they were scams. He’s got a good bullshit-o-meter. Glad to see him cross the finish line with GTF.

#444 1 year ago

Ngl warming up to that weird ass cabinet

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just a tease of the cringe boomer dad joke onslaught this game is about to unleash upon us.

This goes beyond old man theme. We are talking grandfather theme. Boomers are mid to late 1940’s, this theme goes back to the 1930’s and 1940’s.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Some of these posts are fucking hilarious. OMG, how am I going to play this? These are teasers, wait until you see the real thing. It's dressed up to look like a tin 50's/60's toy tank. It's awesome! The game itself? Who the hell knows.
Someone takes the initiative to do something outside the box and you have people crying like the sky is falling and they shit their pants.
Good job A.P.!

Just because you can make something outside of the box doesn’t mean you should. Adds nothing to gameplay and what for the price tag on this. Bad enough when people ask what we pay for these, let alone on with the CE is going to cost. Especially if BOM on this is $8k like what is speculated.

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It looks awesome, but... why?
The head better be driven by an motor and able to fold itself up and down. That would be so incredibly cool.
If it’s manual then it seems entirely pointless.
Either way, the theme and lighting seems pretty awesome so far.

No way that’s happening. If motor craps out it is not going up or down. Let’s not jump the shark on speculation.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hey, if this deluxe model IS $13K, it's still cheaper than the competition, and innovates via playful, cheesy, childlike joy.
Target market, dudes over 60 or folks that love retro 50/60's cheese like Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet, etc., will eat this design up!
Different and well executed is never a bad thing! Half baked on the other hand....
Looks great so far, and Nordman, Franchi and Thiel is a phenomenal combo!!!
Also, I'd assume the turret can be popped off easily/magnetic, or is telescopic to some degree.
Edit:. Seemingly no Thiel.

Try dudes over 70. This is a throw back to the 1930’s and 1940’s sci-fi. I am 52 and Star Wars, Battle Star Galactica, and Star Trek was my sci-fi.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

They could be internal hinges like System 3s had, they had no external back back hinges. Plus motorized so the head moves up and down.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2874&picno=71896

Again not happening.

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Let’s not jump the shark on speculation.

shark (resized).jpgshark (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/9?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.