pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 146.
#4751 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

What does it do? It shows me the video/animation assets that they have put into the game, giving me an idea on if I might find it annoying or funny, etc. It also gives me an idea of the flow of the game and a semblance of the rules. While a “pro” player might do a better job playing than me, it still gives me an idea of how fun I think it will be. You do you though. As I cant make any shows to play it first hand, watching someone play is the next best thing for me. Dont have a good day, have a great day!

I can't believe arguments have devolved into whether or not we need to see gameplay footage. All you rich guys can pay to be beta testers. I'd like to see and shoot a game before I buy it.

The limited amount of gameplay footage I have seen is showing quite a few airballs off the center targets. I'm not a fan of games that have center targets closer to the flippers. I am not a fan of airballs. Watching a video confirmed that for me. I'm sure they will fix it with an aftermarket clear shield that goes over the entire area.

#4752 1 year ago

Was there supposed to be a deadflip stream last night ?

Thought I had read that in this thread a few pages back.

But cannot find anything online.
Has there been a gameplay stream besides the 7min rampless disaster that was the arcade Hollywood video.

#4753 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I can't believe arguments have devolved into whether or not we need to see gameplay footage. All you rich guys can pay to be beta testers. I'd like to see and shoot a game before I buy it.
The limited amount of gameplay footage I have seen is showing quite a few airballs off the center targets. I'm not a fan of games that have center targets closer to the flippers. I am not a fan of airballs. Watching a video confirmed that for me. I'm sure they will fix it with an aftermarket clear shield that goes over the entire area.

Im not arguing with anyone. Nor am I rich. Smiley day to ya all the same!

#4754 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Was there supposed to be a deadflip stream last night ?
Thought I had read that in this thread a few pages back.
But cannot find anything online.
Has there been a gameplay stream besides the 7min rampless disaster that was the arcade Hollywood video.

I also thought this, but apparently someone was incorrect. Hope we get some soon though!

#4755 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Prolly gonna need one of deez
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Prob need 3 to triple up some layer of dimple divot protection.

I love that this game has turned into the pity-purchase across all the latest titles.

Spooky has left that spot and the apologists have a new brand to give legs.

Its a really swell group here, so much money to go around that dimples, unfinished 3d printed 'toys' and angry artists can be supported and everyone still has steak dinners a couple times a week.

You guys are the best.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4756 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

True but that is an exposed magnet like the one in front of the tank.

It is does have an exposed magnet core but it is harder to see since it is at the top of the playfield.

#4757 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The FOMO is high on GTF...Best roll out I've seen in years. What a dumpster fire.

The best dumpster fire roll out in years is still Bond LE that you won.

#4758 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is worse than Bond's blunderous roll out, which is really saying something. Credit where credit is due though, at least they are seemingly getting them out to customers faster than Bonds were. I do have faith that this game will be a better player than the worst Stern in a long long time though which also happens to be Bond.

#4759 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:I do have faith that this game will be a better player than the worst Stern in a long long time though which also happens to be Bond.

Though not Stern's worst layout, has anyone who played it made any comparisons to Mustang at all (which is super hit or miss for players)? Does it feel different?

Working left to right...

- Some variety of a left dead end lane (some said the left orbit magnet on GTF usually catches the ball)
- Single ramp which can divert to either flipper
- Close central bank of targets w/ vehicle above
- Top rollovers with pops behind central bank
- Two small unique shots (scoop + captive vs. swinging + saucer)
- Right orbit
- Right standup bank

The bank of targets was my first comparison, then the single diverting ramp made it look even more like Mustang on paper.

#4760 1 year ago

“Dont have a good day, have a great day!“

“Smiley day to ya all the same!‘

For those unaware…they are telling each other to F off.

#4761 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah the 60th rollout was definitely the worst...until GTF happened haha

#4762 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Its a really swell group here, so much money to go around that dimples, unfinished 3d printed 'toys' and angry artists can be supported and everyone still has steak dinners a couple times a week.
You guys are the best.[quoted image]

…BUT A PINBALL COMPANY IS AT STEAK!!!1!1!11

#4763 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

I have nothing against that guy. He's passionate about pinball and a sympathetic dude.

From a business perspective, one should probably think twice before sharing a product on a competitor's marketing platform. Pros and cons, alternatives? I wouldn't...

Jack's stream isn't Stern's marketing platform. It is his own platform, that existed long before he was associated with Stern. I get that it is a fine line with him now working for Stern, but he doesn't and hasn't ever shit on any manufacturer in his stream. It isn't his brand.

Pinball is a pretty small community. Manufacturers start getting too precious about who they will deal with and who they won't is a negative not a positive.

#4764 1 year ago

Does this game really taunt players by repeatedly saying "Miss me miss me now you gotta kiss me?" or was that just a weird fever dream I had during the TPF coverage?

Same question posed for the "fudge packing mode."

#4765 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

This is worse than Bond's blunderous roll out, which is really saying something. Credit where credit is due though, at least they are seemingly getting them out to customers faster than Bonds were. I do have faith that this game will be a better player than the worst Stern in a long long time though which also happens to be Bond.

No way. Bond the GAME was a shitshow AND their timing was a mess..

GTF the game is ready and here... it's just a marketing disaster. Now 7 months later... Bond the game is still a disaster.

#4766 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

GTF the game is ready and here... it's just a marketing disaster. Now 7 months later... Bond the game is still a disaster.

I played Bond for the first time yesterday and liked it. If they fill out the code it will be good.

#4767 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not certain if this is the case but given the Bond reveal was not as smooth as usual and the code is still in its infancy, I expect the reason may have been a planned Foo Fighters release, suddenly delayed due to Hawkins passing. Then Bond gets an unexpected bump to take its place, not quite ready... and the reveal is impacted because it's planned to be shown at a UK show and... the queen dies.
Sometimes there's only so much you can plan for and then life happens.
If this was a regular occurrence from Stern, I wouldn't make a post but they've come a long way from the days of X-men or KISS releasing with horrendous code, not completed until many years later!

#4768 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does this game really taunt players by repeatedly saying "Miss me miss me now you gotta kiss me?" or was that just a weird fever dream I had during the TPF coverage?

They said it's super early code, or at least they said something to the effect that they have a ton more to add.

Now I'm not saying they might remove any of that, I'd guess we can look forward to at least 2 more school grade level homosexual slurs.

#4769 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Folks in this thread and elsewhere have gone back and forth as to what they would or would not be embarrassed to have in their homes, but Christ - it's a literal slur! So a homophobic pin with a misogynist artist? Not a great look, AP, but I'm confident you'll find your audience.

#4770 1 year ago

Yeah nobody gives a shit about the "bond reveal shitshow" besides the verbose pinside historians - today, the game is fine and is getting better with every belated code update, and there don't seem to be any 3D printed crap on the playfield and the code also isn't a depository for groan-inducing grandpa jokes.

And the Bond crew has been subjected to far more abuse and scorn from "the fans" than anybody involved in GTF, yet they've managed to keep their shit together and not come in here picking fights by comparing pinball machines to aging supermodels and peoples' wives.

#4771 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Is it? I played my best game yet last night and it was a ton of fun - the latest code is getting good, and the shots always were!

#4772 1 year ago

I do like AP. If I had the money I would buy a Hot wheels and GTF. AP has their own quirky, weird style that I do enjoy. I really hope this game does well from them. If they can be like others and pump out 2 games a year, I think they can be a thorn in some of their competitions side

#4773 1 year ago

Believe Jack is streaming tonight, will be interested to see if this happens on the game he has :-

#4774 1 year ago

Anyone know if the Sonic Homebrew guy they hired is actively designing a game at AP?

#4775 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Believe Jack is streaming tonight, will be interested to see if this happens on the game he has :-

"Why isn't Stern nicer to the little guy! Competition is good for everybody!"

One of their highest-profile employees is streaming GTF tonight.

"I was thinking more like they should share their profits with their competitors and ask them permission before they buy licenses."

#4776 1 year ago

Reposting this as its a good video that can be seen and heard clearly.

#4777 1 year ago

and some classic Christi!

CB (resized).jpgCB (resized).jpg
#4779 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Prob need 3 to triple up some layer of dimple divot protection.
I love that this game has turned into the pity-purchase across all the latest titles.
Spooky has left that spot and the apologists have a new brand to give legs.
You guys are the best.[quoted image]

Is that Mr. Howell from Gilligan's Island?

#4780 1 year ago

This is one weird thread. It's weird enough to match the game.

It's amazing, but it seems like about half of the pinball launchs become soooo... dramatic.

TS4 - Very dramatic
Bond - Still dramatic
GTF - more of a comedy than a drama
CCr- an epic looooooong drama
Halloween/Ultraman- Drama here too!

FF- seems normal
PF - Normal, but plenty of time (and I do mean "PLENTY OF TIME") for drama
GF - Maybe the best JJP rollout
Rush- Normalish... I guess
Scooby - normal

#4781 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I also thought this, but apparently someone was incorrect. Hope we get some soon though!

Apparently DeadFlip said on his stream last night that he'd be streaming it very, very, very soon. His Twitch schedule did show (I haven't checked it today) that he has unnamed streams planned for a coupld more nights this week so I guess it's possible it still happens but who knows?

#4782 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Yeah the 60th rollout was definitely the worst...until GTF happened haha

We got to actually see the game though instead of waiting for months for Bond 60th, topper exclusive, no idea what’s really in it until the stream. I was there every step of that disaster

They showed the actual game. Have we seen the PF stream yet?

Doesn’t matter. I’ve seen enough

And it appears JD is streaming tonight.

If you mean “drama filled” whiner release then yeah, it’s right up there

Alien - Heighway
Hobbit - another disaster, art redo
Beatles - shitshow
Dialed In - collective groans on theme from crowd
BM66 - No code
Munsters - weak code
GB - PFs falling apart
Etc etc etc

Basically just about EVERY release has its issues.

And the far and away winner in the clubhouse is RAZA!

#4783 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

Folks in this thread and elsewhere have gone back and forth as to what they would or would not be embarrassed to have in their homes, but Christ - it's a literal slur! So a homophobic pin with a misogynist artist? Not a great look, AP, but I'm confident you'll find your audience.

WTF?

#4784 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We got to actually see the game though instead of waiting for months for Bond 60th, topper exclusive, no idea what’s really in it until the stream. I was there every step of that disaster
Alien - Heighway
Beatles - shitshow
BM66 - No code
Munsters - weak code
GB - PFs falling apart
Etc etc etc

You left out JJPOTC with the spinning disc-gate - that was on top for awhile.

#4785 1 year ago

Stranger Things - bad code, diverter gate.
Yep, no one wanted that one...

#4786 1 year ago

Wait, what's this so called slur we are supposed to be offended about? Monkeygate all over again?

#4787 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wait, what's this so called slur we are supposed to be offended about? Monkeygate all over again?

Please, please, please - the the love of God don't take this thread there! We've been through enough idiocy already.

#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

According to your collection you have a Judge Dredd - You probably shouldn't look into the designer of that one then...

#4789 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's a mode called something along the lines of Fudge Pumping. Someone in the referred to it as fudge packing and confusion ensued.

#4790 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You play missions where you collect ice cream ingredients for Dr. Plotnik to experiment with. One has you drilling fudge and packing it. When you drain it shows you the amount of 'Fudge Packed'.

#4791 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Alien - Heighway
Beatles - shitshow
BM66 - No code
Munsters - weak code
GB - PFs falling apart
Etc etc etc

I wonder which one had the best release? Godzilla?

Other notable flobs....

JP/Wonka/GNR (especially) had playfield issues....

I forgot the issue with the scoop on Rush, but that one seems kinda minor

STh - multiple issues with the TK lock and Demogorgon shot

LZ - Art ... Art... and Art

Looking back... AP probably has had some the least draa-induced rollouts.

#4792 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You left out JJPOTC with the spinning disc-gate - that was on top for awhile.

LMAO....MAN people wanted that pointless 3 way spinning disc. For some reason.

#4793 1 year ago
Quoted from mettle64:

There's a mode called something along the lines of Fudge Pumping. Someone in the referred to it as fudge packing and confusion ensued.

No confusion. Screen literally says 'Fudge Packed:' with a number when you drain or the mode ends. I believe it's even on the Hollywood Arcade video.

#4794 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Jack's stream isn't Stern's marketing platform...

Paul_8788, I think we can agree that most YouTubers are in it for money and promotion, with only few doing it for fun long-term. This guy's with Stern, so he's pretty connected to them. He's done lots of Stern reveals and might even be sponsored (gear, studio, games). Sure, he's fun and chill, but he's also part of a competing pinball game. Small communities feel even tiny waves.

Marketing is a dirty game, e.g. maybe some pinsiders are here just to push products/brands!? Just saying, it might not be wise to trust someone tied to a competitor. He could indeed be unbiased or "accidentally" make your game and/or involved parties look bad. Plus, your product may boost their platform. I think that's always important to weigh pros and cons (control), specific circumstances (contracts), potential benefits (reach, fanbase, alternatives), and trustworthiness before deciding. PR can be a bit of a gamble, but hey, anything can happen, sometimes it turns out great!

I'm also excited for more gameplay footage!
Who knows, maybe it'll be on his channel as previously suggested in this thread.

#4795 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

No confusion. Screen literally says 'Fudge Packed:' with a number when you drain or the mode ends. I believe it's even on the Hollywood Arcade video.

Wow, I played a couple times at the show and definitely pumped some fudge, but must have missed the packing mode. Yuck.

#4796 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Well I do indeed recall seeing that in one of the videos, and I thought, well that's so 1980's, and that was about as far as I thought about it and moved on.

#4797 1 year ago

I had never really thought of it as a "slur" before (I heard a different meaning as a kid) but I can see why some don't like it. One of the "adult" jokes I assume

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4798 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

“Dont have a good day, have a great day!“
“Smiley day to ya all the same!‘
For those unaware…they are telling each other to F off.

Im not though. I do hope everyone is having a fantastic day! If not, I hope that changes. Come plays a few games and have a drink! (Unless you dont drink)

#4799 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Anyone know if the Sonic Homebrew guy they hired is actively designing a game at AP?

The only thing we know for certain he is doing is running the 3d printer farm at AP(as shown in their factory tour), and driving GTF tanks around at shows (as shown in pretty much any clip of TPF). Hope he's got a design coming out soon, but those spybots aren't gonna print themselves.

#4800 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Paul_8788, I think we can agree that most YouTubers are in it for money and promotion, with only few doing it for fun long-term. This guy's with Stern, so he's pretty connected to them. He's done lots of Stern reviews and might even be sponsored (gear, studio, games). Sure, he's fun and chill, but he's also part of a competing pinball game. Small communities feel even tiny waves.
Marketing is a dirty game, e.g. maybe some pinsiders are here just to push products/brands!? Just saying, it might not be wise to trust someone tied to a competitor. He could indeed be unbiased or "accidentally" make your game and/or involved parties look bad. Plus, your product may boost their platform. I think that's always important to weigh pros and cons (control), specific circumstances (contracts), potential benefits (reach, fanbase, alternatives), and trustworthiness before deciding. PR can be a bit of a gamble, but hey, anything can happen, sometimes it turns out great!
I'm also excited for more gameplay footage!
Who knows, maybe it'll be on his channel as previously suggested in this thread.

I think people forget that streaming on YT isn't free. Sure the YT service is free... but cameras and set-ups have a real cost. You can easily spend $5000-10K on a decent set-up (with computer). I'd guess, on average, streamers are making between $5-10/1000 views (if they are in the YT partner program - which requires 1000 subs and 4000 hours viewed). So... a stream with 10k views might make $100.

In short... no one is getting rich streaming pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/96?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.