pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 146.
#4551 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Stern has undoubtedly stepped up its marketing strategies, adapting to the initiatives taken by JJP. They have consistently been at the forefront of operator-focused pinball machines.
It seems that Stern's high overhead costs may be a limiting factor. They have multiple design teams, for example, groups of up to 10 working together to create a game over a two-year period. ROI!?
The introduction of a disruptive player with more advanced marketing capabilities could potentially shake up the industry. We've witnessed this kind of transformation within the automotive sector.
It's important to recognize that JJP's licensed products, CGC's remakes, and the offerings from newcomers and niche manufacturers like AP might pose a more significant threat to Stern than one might anticipate.
Displacing Stern from their pinball dominance might seem far-fetched, and if they can maintain their agility, they have a good chance of staying on top.
However, at this moment, it's worth noting that one needs to invest in a Premium/LE model to truly experience the complete package. Some of their recent launches have been met with skepticism, and their new pricing has been considered unreasonable by many, operators and collectors alike.

This has got to be one of those Chat bots right?

#4552 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or is like the old "white butthole" insider connect light slam that failed to stick?

I was absent the week the term “white butthole” for insider connect was introduced.
Fads sure pass quickly around here!

#4553 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I was absent the week the term “white butthole” for insider connect was introduced.
Fads sure pass quickly around here.

Pinmeister typed it 45 times in 3 days and finally gave up on it, after it was pointed out many times that buttocks are not convex, and that buttholes are not white, but actually the absence of light.

That original Insider Connect thread is pretty hilarious. It was never going to catch on and in fact represented a sign of the end of the world.

As an aside, Christie Brinkley is 70 years old.

#4554 1 year ago

My wife is real, not 3D printed. And she's SPECTACULAR!

#4555 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The same family that botched the Bond reveal? Or a multitude of other balls dropped over the years.
How about that CGC “family” working hard to crank out that Cactus info.
FFS some of you petty whiners need to stfu and start posting some good titty pics so we can objectify some hot women!
Franchi is entitled to defend himself and AP. I’d rather see that passion than some dope that doesn’t give a shit.

Do you ever send a message without resorting to name calling?

This is the GTF hype thread and I’m not here to compare other company rollouts, I am rooting for them and this game. In fact, after 20 years in this hobby this machine was the first NIB I was actually going to purchase without playing in person. Still on the fence just hoping AP can pull through!

#4556 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinmeister typed it 45 times in 3 days and finally gave up on it, after it was pointed out many times that buttocks are not convex, and that buttholes are not white, but actually the absence of light.
That original Insider Connect thread is pretty hilarious. It was never going to catch on and in fact represented a sign of the end of the world.
As an aside, Christie Brinkley is 70 years old.

“Flow monster” much better than “white butthole”. Had no idea what you were talking about.

#4557 1 year ago

I just am intrigued how the American Pinball customer relations department seems to be composed of the programmer they fired and the freelance artist from their last game. And the marketing department is a random arcade guy with 3000 youtube followers.

#4558 1 year ago

ADB76199-C805-4ACE-9003-EF58D5BC9D3E (resized).jpegADB76199-C805-4ACE-9003-EF58D5BC9D3E (resized).jpeg
#4559 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I just am intrigued how the American Pinball customer relations department seems to be composed of the programmer they fired and the freelance artist from their last game. And the marketing department is a random arcade guy with 3000 youtube followers.

Yet here we all are, still discussing it. And your avatar to boot.

#4560 1 year ago

Not sure why Franchi reacted so harshly.

Makes no sense, he is an immensely talented artist.

But that also means he should be able to see the VERY rough, bumpy, colorless 3d printed sculpts detract from his, and his teams, amazing work.

I would think he would be first to tell AP "you are better off leaving those out, the game is fine without them".

And he would have been right.

#4561 1 year ago

Nepotism strikes again.

#4562 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Makes no sense, he is an immensely talented artist

It's really the same reason why he isn't working with Stern anymore. Can't keep his mouth shut.

#4563 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:It's really the same reason why he isn't working with Stern anymore. Can't keep his mouth shut.

That’s Stern’s loss

#4564 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and say that the concept is fine, the design is fine, but that level of visual and physical quality shouldn't pass muster on machines that are $9000+, and it doesn't make you some kind of ruthless jerk, tearing families apart.

Yeah, but it actually looks like this in the game...

IMG_4338 (resized).pngIMG_4338 (resized).png

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s Stern’s loss

They are really broken up by it

money-crying.gifmoney-crying.gif
#4566 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

You really need to zoom in x10 so we can all appreciate the lines

#4567 1 year ago

Alright, I’m outta this thread. Instead of providing any further useful information it’s turned into a shit show with people personally attacking others. For all the people who are clearly not interested in this pin but keep hanging around just to spew their negativity and criticize the people that created it, GTFo!!!

#4568 1 year ago

Played the game at TPF everything looked good to me and it is a fun pin. The zoomed in photos are not what you see from a players perspective. if you zoom in on anything it will always show some imperfections.

#4569 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Alright, I’m outta this thread. Instead of providing any further useful information it’s turned into a shit show with people personally attacking others. For all the people who are clearly not interested in this pin but keep hanging around just to spew their negativity and criticize the people that created it, GTFo!!!

Where else are they going to feel better about waiting 2 years for PF, or before they try to flip FF for the next stern, or vent about JJP code?

#4570 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Played the game at TPF everything looked good to me and it is a fun pin. The zoomed in photos are not what you see from a players perspective. if you zoom in on anything it will always show some imperfections.

Hey Frank as someone that actually played it, you aren’t allowed to contradict the deuce dropping drama queens

Nvm, you are spot on

#4571 1 year ago

This thread encapsulates everything that is Pinside….It’s just beautiful man

#4572 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Actually my vision is a little bit better than the resolution of that photo, and the object would be larger from a player perspective than it appears in that photo on my 34" computer monitor (presumably more so from someones 5" cell phone).

But let's pretend that's what we see. So grey and flat. Is that why they kept shoving RGB in there? Enough RGB bouncing around and sad grey toys turn into rainbow spectacles.

Unfortunately, the reflection of a singel bright light on a solid colored object with layer lines is unflattering and to my apparently over-sensitive sensibilities, sticks out like a sore thumb in a pinball machine with super smooth playfield, wireforms, ball guides etc.

#4573 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It really is like clockwork around here.

###The Pinside Loop###

1) Hype thread is created/Game is leaked
2) Game is revealed officially
2a) - Non buyers criticize and pick apart every aspect of a game they had no intention of buying (this step can be applied to all remaining steps)
2b) Buyers pre-order and lament time of waiting
3) Buyers talk about all the ways they can/will mod the game
4) Buyers take ownership of game
4a) - Game is left in box and flipped for profit$
4b) - Game is unboxed - Proceed to step 5
5) Buyers purchase and add toppers, matching stool, towel for dust protections, keychain, mods and powdercoating. Pictures are uploaded to owners thread.
6) Buyers sell game after 25 plays and look to recoup mod prices on top of MSRP
7) Everyone enters "whats the next pin" thread and repeats loop

#4574 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Actually my vision is a little bit better than the resolution of that photo, and the object would be larger from a player perspective than it appears in that photo on my 34" computer monitor (presumably more so from someones 5" cell phone).

No, at normal scaling that's not too far off from what you see at a player's distance. Those targets are about 1-1.5" tall. The bot is very small.. think like playmobile character size.. but way fatter.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Unfortunately, the reflection of a singel bright light on a solid colored object with layer lines is unflattering and to my apparently over-sensitive sensibilities, sticks out like a sore thumb in a pinball machine with super smooth playfield, wireforms, ball guides etc.

Wow, I can't imagine what will happen to you if your eye catches that PF dimple... or decals with wear on them.

#4575 1 year ago

If I was paying Christie Brinkley money to buy a wife, I certainly wouldn't be settling for a 4 out of 10. Wtf kind of logic even is this?

#4576 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Yeah, that was the case, but I've heard Stern has some issues him playing other companies new machines.. so I don't expect him to highlight new stuff for much longer.

I feel like Danger has more leverage over Stern than visa versa. If stern doesn’t like it and he still wants to stream, I’m sure many other pinball companies will pick him up - especially after seeing how great of a designer he is. Is Danger bold enough to stand up to corporate BS? I’d tell the Corporate BS to GTFO.

#4577 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

but keep hanging around just to spew their negativity and criticize the people that created it, GTFo!!!

In no way criticizing the people that created it. Just a few small details that don't fit the aura of the rest of the game.

It's a stunning game that seems fun. I think they did a great job. But those few toys that look rough and devoid of color should be left out, just constructive criticism of a few minor decisions.

I get it, pinball is hard, and sometimes these things sneak by because bigger things are happening. But don't expect us to not point out that which doesn't seem fitting of the rest of the game.

#4578 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Almost. Someone still needs to mention CrazyLevi ’s favorite 2 words on pinside.

#4579 1 year ago

Ah yes, we've reached the point where those who threw money at it already are telling others what they can or cannot talk about. The cycle continues.

#4580 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

My wife is a step up from Christie Brinkley. Now what?

Unlucky for some
Everyone knows ugly woman give better BJs

#4581 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Unlucky for some
Everyone knows ugly woman give better BJs

They also cook better too. Because they have too!

#4582 1 year ago

Wifeguement for the win!!!

Keeping it classy Pinside.

#4583 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Almost. Someone still needs to mention CrazyLevi ’s favorite 2 words on pinside.

“Bubble bursting”?

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wifeguement for the win!!!
Keeping it classy Pinside.

You are sooo right, we should also feel sorry for those wives with ugly husbands.

#4585 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

If it's OK for you to chew apart my family, who worked hard to create this game, INCLUDING THE TOYS, I surely have the right to reciprocate. Fair's fair. And I'm not making fun of anyone's wife. I'm just saying, nothing is ever perfect. Including pinball. I can assure you, no one at American Pinball is laughing their way to the bank at the MASSIVE profit they made off some 3-D printed toys. A BOM is a BOM, and the mark up is usually standard. So just relax, and like it or hate it, but don't whine about it.

Give me a fucking break.

BA6FE2B3-F142-4B8C-86B0-5994A251A657.gifBA6FE2B3-F142-4B8C-86B0-5994A251A657.gif
#4586 1 year ago

All you casual misogynists are really upping the old man creep factor in this thread.

Thanks for really dragging this discussion into the mud Franchi, ace job on promoting your game. Just one more bang up job from the AP marketing side.

#4587 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This has got to be one of those Chat bots right?

Alright, let's dial it down to caveman-level simplicity for this sophisticated crowd!
Stern, good? Bad? Other pinball thingies, good?
What say you, fellow simpletons?

#4588 1 year ago

You are sooo right, we should also feel sorry for those wives with ugly husbands.

Judging from TPF feedback, they are also smelly, overweight, wearing clothes 2x too small, and are extremely gassy.

Living the dream....

#4589 1 year ago
89fe89a1-a6be-4aec-b05a-56b37bf6a2cf_text.gif89fe89a1-a6be-4aec-b05a-56b37bf6a2cf_text.gif
#4590 1 year ago

Yeh, I’m pretty sure every pinball wife took a step down from Chris Hemsworth.

#4591 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Textbook Franchi. I've learned so much about the pinball industry just from the social media posts that he later deletes.

#4592 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I’m pretty sure every pinball wife took a step down from Chris Hemsworth.

I see what you did there.

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ah yes, we've reached the point where those who threw money at it already are telling others what they can or cannot talk about. The cycle continues.

It’s not just the talking about it. It’s the incessant over the top obnoxious smugness of the talking about it.

It’s fine by me and I can respond appropriately, but I can see how it can rub people the wrong way. Especially employees that put in hard work to bring a game to life.

And i don’t know why anyone would want to dump on a game in a hype thread they have zero interest in.

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And i don’t why anyone would want to dump on a game in a hype thread they have zero interest in.

First day on pinside?

#4595 1 year ago

Wow.

And just like that I no longer want to buy this game. My $11,000 looks so much better spent on a game where a rep of a company doesn’t tell me to “…shut the hell up”.

#4596 1 year ago

First day on pinside?

You are right. Dumb question! I know the answers. Newbies might be wondering why?

#4597 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Wow.
And just like that I no longer want to buy this game... a rep of a company doesn’t tell me to “…shut the hell up”.

While I don't agree with what he said, I do admire his passion.

#4598 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Wow.
And just like that I no longer want to buy this game. My $11,000 looks so much better spent on a game where a rep of a company doesn’t tell me to “…shut the hell up”.

Like when Steve Ritchie said Pinside was a “sewer” and no one from Stern frequents this place? They just take us for granted

Or like I said before, CGC literally disappears and goes radio silent for months on end re Cactus.

Now people are lining up to buy Pulp Fiction. So none of them really care what a few individuals think.

Pinheads are a fickle bunch and will buy ANYTHING no matter what came before it if they like it.

Like a mob crashing through the Wal Mart doors at the opening of Black Friday

#4599 1 year ago

AP needs to get some control of this entire rollout.
It’s a good product and has gained my interest.
Justified or not, insulting potential customers expressing opinions on a forum..not the best marketing strategy.

#4600 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Wow.

Every cloud has a silver lining

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/92?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.