pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 146.
#351 1 year ago

Some of these posts are fucking hilarious. OMG, how am I going to play this? These are teasers, wait until you see the real thing. It's dressed up to look like a tin 50's/60's toy tank. It's awesome! The game itself? Who the hell knows.

Someone takes the initiative to do something outside the box and you have people crying like the sky is falling and they shit their pants.

Good job A.P.!

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This has been rumored for months, supposedly just on the LE / Super-Duper Deluxe or whatever they are going to call the top of the line trim level.

It looks awesome, but... why?

The head better be driven by an motor and able to fold itself up and down. That would be so incredibly cool.
If it’s manual then it seems entirely pointless.
Either way, the theme and lighting seems pretty awesome so far.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

The head better be driven by an motor and able to fold itself up and down. That would be so incredibly cool.

This has to be the case, cannot see it working otherwise.

#354 1 year ago

I dig it so far. They are killing it with the original cheese factor.

#355 1 year ago

For Sale: Tank tread side cabinet covers. Offering 2 for 1 deal.

#356 1 year ago

It looks awesome, but... why?
If it’s manual then it seems entirely pointless.
Either way, the theme and lighting seems pretty awesome so far.

As I mentioned above, the turret is most likely the topper. If so, it is simply too big to fold the head down with it on top, so why not create a convenient spot to mount the topper on the back of the head for transportation? Looks like a tank that way? Bonus! In your gameroom the head will most likely always be up?

#357 1 year ago

FFS, showed the cab to my wife. She’s an interior designer….She thinks it looks like a dildo shooting out of an arcade machine.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are the head hinges edited out of those photos or more similar to the old bally games with the door hinge style?

I hadn't noticed that but maybe it is indeed motorized somehow and the hinges are completely on the back of the game.

#359 1 year ago

Hey, if this deluxe model IS $13K, it's still cheaper than the competition, and innovates via playful, cheesy, childlike joy.

Target market, dudes over 60 or folks that love retro 50/60's cheese like Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet, etc., will eat this design up!

Different and well executed is never a bad thing! Half baked on the other hand....

Looks great so far, and Nordman, Franchi and Thiel is a phenomenal combo!!!

Also, I'd assume the turret can be popped off easily/magnetic, or is telescopic to some degree.

Edit:. Seemingly no Thiel.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

FFS, showed the cab to my wife. She’s an interior designer….She thinks it looks like a dildo shooting out of an arcade machine.

The hell are you guys in to over there in Pennsyltucky!

#361 1 year ago

Also, I like the new shape of the head compared to the strange rounded side shape AP used to have.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

SOOOOO many things this makes me want to say but I'll refrain.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hadn't noticed that but maybe it is indeed motorized somehow and the hinges are completely on the back of the game.

They could be internal hinges like System 3s had, they had no external back back hinges. Plus motorized so the head moves up and down.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2874&picno=71896

#365 1 year ago

There is novelty.

There is innovation.

I think I know which category we fall into on this one.

#366 1 year ago

I think we need to temper the motorized up and down aspect right this instant - no chance on that. With the weight of the head that'd be a hell of a large mech there is no room for

#367 1 year ago

Heard it doesn't have a tilt bob, instead...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#368 1 year ago

there needs to be a two teaser limit. Just show the f'n game already

#369 1 year ago

I was pushing regularly for motorization of the head, but could not get any support, maybe that changed after I left. There were concerns about pinch points, but I felt those could be addressed.

The red flashing tip of the turret is visible above the head when the head is up, but it does not detach and reposition as some are suggesting.

Unless something changed after I left, Thiel did not do music on this game.

#370 1 year ago
AE82D468-AAE6-4D8E-B634-4A72E2FC6E5D (resized).jpegAE82D468-AAE6-4D8E-B634-4A72E2FC6E5D (resized).jpeg
#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I think we need to temper the motorized up and down aspect right this instant - no chance on that. With the weight of the head that'd be a hell of a large mech there is no room for

If toilet seats can do it, so can a 13k collectors edition pinball machine!

I refuse to purchase until we get a full-automated open and soft-close system for the backbox.

#372 1 year ago

I think it looks cool and different. I'm sure they'll have the equivalent of a Premium version which will all the bells and whistles but in a traditionaI pinball cab.

I hope the video segments have the same (or higher) cheese level as the Mylstar Laserdisc game Dennis worked on, "Us Vs Them". I think that might have been the first game he worked on? I love the personal thank you from the president on thst game when you put your initials on the high score table.

uvt_02 (resized).jpguvt_02 (resized).jpg
#373 1 year ago

The tankiness of it makes me smile. Looks like Nordman is having a great time and got lots of creative freedom. Pinball is supposed to be fun, so I give it a thumbs up.

Has nothing to do with whether or not it will be a good playing game, but I like the enthusiasm behind it so far.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I was pushing regularly for motorization of the head, but could not get any support, maybe that changed after I left. There were concerns about pinch points, but I felt those could be addressed.
The red flashing tip of the turret is visible above the head when the head is up, but it does not detach and reposition as some are suggesting.

It'll likely be a 3k plus mod on Pinside within 90 days, no worries there.

#375 1 year ago

If toilet seats can do it, so can a 13k collectors edition pinball machine!
I refuse to purchase until we get a full-automated open and soft-close system for the backbox.

Now I want this machine to shoot water up my ass. Expectations have been set!!!!

#376 1 year ago

Just went all in ! Bought two and going to point them at each other.

#377 1 year ago

Definitely expecting a White Water in space kind of game - no bad thing.

Big swirling ramp?

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

How many did she order?

#379 1 year ago

Sorry, can't type... still laughing.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How many did she order?

I bet she ordered a Bond as well

#381 1 year ago

This is hilarious. I wonder if they'll all come with that silly tank packaging or if it'll just be an LE thing, and if the turret moves to the top of the backbox when you raise it and becomes the topper.

#382 1 year ago

That color is right on the money. This tin toy costs about as much as a GTF is going to.

space tank 2 (resized).jpgspace tank 2 (resized).jpg
#383 1 year ago
Quoted from atrainn:

This is hilarious. I wonder if they'll all come with that silly tank packaging or if it'll just be an LE thing, and if the turret moves to the top of the backbox when you raise it and becomes the topper.

rosh who was at AP during most of this games development has said in the other thread that the turret does not move but that the red beacon essentially becomes a topper sticking up above the backbox.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Oh rats! Thank you for the confirmation regarding Thiel!

Without saying too much, are you excited about this game Josh?

#385 1 year ago

This game will look awesome on location. Bonus when it's broken, it will look better than just sitting turned off.

#386 1 year ago

well I for one really have my fingers crossed for GTF! Obviously playfield design is going to make or break any modern pinball in this once again competitive environment, but it's nice too see a manufacturer taking risks and trying something new (if retro) and not just depending on a 50 year-old IP or 90's band. So the cabinet shown here is a little wacky but cool, hopefully that hasn't been distracting them from a killer playfield. In pure abstraction, this theme ranks higher for me than Rush, Bond, Scooby, Godfather, or Foo Fighters. Hopefully it's more AFM and less Motordome....

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

rosh who was at AP during most of this games development has said in the other thread that the turret does not move but that the red beacon essentially becomes a topper sticking up above the backbox.

The gun must telescope together, so it wouldn't require a twelve foot ceiling height.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

with great rules and make this thing a cult classic

Haven't seen much discussion/interest as to who is handling rules for this game. Josh stated that he provided conceptual input before being let go. Moving forward, are we looking at Bowden and Ferret, one or both?

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I stand corrected! To me this is a mistake, but I'm still optimistic on this game being a winner. Hopefully there are three versions of this game. I'll take the one in the middle if it doesn't have the turret and tank threads...

#390 1 year ago

I really hate that this game is leaning towards looking like a gawdy Raw Thrills Neon Nightmare racing game that attracts 6 year olds.
Pinball is better than that.

Screenshot_20230311_091426_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311_091426_Chrome (resized).jpg
#391 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh rats! Thank you for the confirmation regarding Thiel!
Without saying too much, are you excited about this game Josh?

As I have said before the game is gong to give y’all a lot to talk about, as you are seeing already. Either you will love the story get/appreciate the humor or you won’t.

The rules, developed by ferret and I, are heavily tied to the story and have plenty going on, both width and depth

The layout has an old school feel with Dennis’ goal being “randomness “ The game is not bare.

I’m looking forward to seeing now folks react to it all.

#392 1 year ago

I don't know how much of that is the actual pin? Seems like maybe that whole top part is just for display? Either way...I'm intrigued. I love sci fi cheese as well and they seem to have nailed it.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

As I have said before the game is gong to give y’all a lot to talk about, as you are seeing already. Either you will love the story and how it is implemented or you will hate it (if you love it, it’s me, if you hate it, it’s Jack). Either you will get/appreciate the humor or you won’t.
The rules, developed by ferret and I, are heavily tied to the story and have plenty going on, both width and depth as you battle bad guys and also go on missions (i keep heating an ice cream jingle).
The layout has an old school feel with Dennis’ goal being “randomness and to level the playfield between good and below average players”. The game is not bare.
I’m looking forward to seeing now folks react to it all.

Thank you again Josh for your thoughts and development on the game! As a Houdini owner, I'm definitely excited given you were very much a part of this game! It's a shame you're still not there....

Sorry for not being around when you mentioned those things prior. I tend to pop off and on annually from this forum, more than daily stuff.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

The gun must telescope together, so it wouldn't require a twelve foot ceiling height.

Possible someone with really low ceilings could have an issue. I’m sure there will be a few versions as far as the cabinet, from what was shown down to standard cabinet, but don’t know for certain.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Possible someone with really low ceilings could have an issue. I’m sure there will be a few versions as far as the cabinet, from what was shown down to standard cabinet, but don’t know for certain.

Do the tank tread sides come as an option?

#396 1 year ago

Call me crazy but if they wanted a tank style head why didn't they just go with something like the head on the Pinball 2k games?

The one that that scares me is sensing a larger price tag solely based on everything but the game play. If all levels have the exact same play fields, ramps and mechs, etc then finding people who will pay more for the cab art and gimmicks is going to be real tough.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Call me crazy but if they wanted a tank style head why didn't they just go with something like the head on the Pinball 2k games?
The one that that scares me is sensing a larger price tag solely based on everything but the game play. If all levels have the exact same play fields, ramps and mechs, etc then finding people who will pay more for the cab art and gimmicks is going to be real tough.

2k Toppers and 1k mods would like a word with you.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Someone takes the initiative to do something outside the box and you have people crying like the sky is falling and they shit their pants.

The vast majority of "outside the box" ideas shouldn't leave the napkin they were written on. So far, this seems like one of them.

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do the tank tread sides come as an option?

I assume they will be on some trim levels but not all. I had been pushed for three levels, with the “CE” being what was shown and a standard being a normal cabinet. treads are now much narrower than before so could be there will be an option with those but without the fancy head, although, may require different legs.

Quoted from Zablon:

2k Toppers and 1k mods would like a word with you.

^^^^^^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/8?hl=stefanmader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.