IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 145.
#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

GTF lookin good, why not vote it up? Of course vote how you wish for best of 8 new games by clicking link below…
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

Played Godfather today, didn’t think I would like it but I was wrong, and it’s a pretty game. I don’t want to vote without seeing more of GTF, just wouldn’t be fair. Also, that Pulp Fiction release was pretty badass, no idea if the game is any good but at least you get an idea

#4002 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What is second pic? Poster?

#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I can't disagree more. I love the lighting on this game!! I never thought to myself that it was too much.

Did you see it in person yet?

I haven't, and that will certainly be the only determining factor for me!

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

GTF lookin good, why not vote it up? Of course vote how you wish for best of 8 new games by clicking link below…
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

Seriously dude, are you starved for attention? You need to stop pimping your damn vote thread in every one of the new pin threads out there.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I heard the robot say miss me miss me now you have to kiss me.

I dearly hope this is not accurate......

I'd like the Namdron Bot 3000 to box/joust the Black Knight SOR to the death if so!!!

#4006 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Space theme? Or physical space?

Physical space. Good question

#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Seriously dude, are you starved for attention? You need to stop pimping your damn vote thread in every one of the new pin threads out there.

I dunno. I think that’s a cool thread. Direct voter feedback that’s open to vote change. He will pimp it all weekend then it’ll be cooled off by Monday. No biggie.

#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

AP continuing to market this game like a bunch of chumps. Seriously step it up. I still think it looks pretty decent but they really make their customers pull teeth to actually understand wtf is going on. Thanks to rosh for providing som helpful info.
I think I heard the robot say miss me miss me now you have to kiss me. If so, that’s absolutely terrible and needs to be removed. Also curious how the PF will handle all of these direct hits right in front of you (via the tank) - hard to tell with these random videos but Neils seems to be the best and man that ball really rockets out.
If you have the room, tank all day on this one. It’s unique and stands out!

It 100% says “miss me miss me, now you have to kiss me”. I got it to say that about 10 times in a row. It is kind of cheesy.

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

It 100% says “miss me miss me, now you have to kiss me”. I got it to say that about 10 times in a row. It is kind of cheesy.

Oof! It’s becoming increasingly apparent (between stuff like this and everything about those stupid FMV clips) that I have a dramatically different sense of humor than whoever came up with the “jokes” in this game. SO cringey!

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I mean the original, not the Burton film. All the themes are there from the cards. Attacking the cities, size changing rays, etc[quoted image]

I have some of those cards

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno. I think that’s a cool thread. Direct voter feedback that’s open to vote change. He will pimp it all weekend then it’ll be cooled off by Monday. No biggie.

I think by now everyone knows about it, no need to keep posting about it over and over.

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The first, shorter video has... some mildly interesting hot mic stuff before they got started.

Paul Reno has some thoughts on a fellow co-worker that he shared with Dennis. Not a good look.

#4013 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Oof! It’s becoming increasingly apparent (between stuff like this and everything about those stupid FMV clips) that I have a dramatically different sense of humor than whoever came up with the “jokes” in this game. SO cringey!

Let's look at facts. The games was modeled after a tin tank from 70 years ago that now sells for $600. Neat, but don't care, it's a $9,000+ pin. I'm 53 and those tin tanks resonate with my father's generation (he's 84).

Cheese is fine, but these lame jokes are executed poorly and don't resonate with the large group of younger pinball enthusiasts who are newer to the hobby

The game looks cool in most respects, but stop with the old generation "attempts at humor". I have mad respect for those involved in creating this pin but stick to what you know, and humor is not one of them.

And last question... Why have we received more info about this game (which everyone has been begging for) from a FORMER employee. Seriously, you have given us almost nothing about the actual game and rules and that is what people have been craving.

Very sad when a former employee is doing more for your PR at launch then AP is. Thanks again Rosh

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I just can’t imagine having one of these in my house.

Your mileage may vary!

#4015 1 year ago

So got to play this once at TPF, here is my thoughts -

- Wireforms in the back were great, felt really TALL
- Tank definitely 3d printed and to me felt cheap, I would expect something molded for this price
- While GTF got alot of flak in the video for FMV, didn't have too many video cutscenes but when they were on, they were quick except for when you started a mode, it almost felt like you got a cutscene tutorial -- I liked it
- Bashing the tank felt like a deathtrap for SDTM, very much up close and personal
- Couldn't hear much cause it was so loud in there so couldn't review too much the music, but did catch some callouts.
- Diverter button on the right, first ball I caught the ball on the diverter until the game did a ball search to release. Personally, I didn't like the diverter button option on the right, at times felt like I was accidently hitting that, felt "crowded"
- Artwork as seen is just as good up close, really the best artwork of all of AP games imo
- LED bumpers in the back that change in color the more you hit (reactor overload) is a neat touch

All in all, I think its their best effort for sure. I'd entertain the base model for the price but likely would rather wait for price reduction on a trade/buy used.

#4016 1 year ago

I’ve seen enough, I’m in on an SE. No regrets.

#4017 1 year ago

I've been hearing a lot of positive feedback, but still no gameplay video. Seriously, right now while you've got some buzz going get one in the hands of some streamer and show everyone what the game has got!

And while you're at it, find a way to get them on locations so people can try them out. That's been my biggest problem with AP games, can't find one to play and if I can't play it I'm not going to buy it.

#4018 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Paul Reno has some thoughts on a fellow co-worker that he shared with Dennis. Not a good look.

Holy shit he was talking about a coworker? I figured it was some convention person or something. That's gonna make shit real awkward back at the office.
Btw this was after Dennis told him the mic was on. Dumbass.

#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Holy shit he was talking about a coworker? I figured it was some convention person or something. That's gonna make shit real awkward back at the office.
Btw this was after Dennis told him the mic was on. Dumbass.

Completely obvious in the video who it is. Straight up calls him a d*ck.

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

This shall not stand!

#4021 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just can’t imagine having one of these in my house.
Your mileage may vary!

Yeah, without playing, I'm starting to agree with ya here.

Biggest issue with AP is overall consistency. They've gotten better it seems with new hires for LCD integration, but paying big boy prices, and not having mold injected toys doesn't sit well with me. Half assed rollout like companies were doing precovid, also not sitting right.

JJP and Stern have finally upped their game with teasing for a few days, then a promo trailer, then sales, then streams. AP seems to be running backwards here.

Just disappointing really, as I WANT a game from AP worth the competitor asking price, but I don't want to see multiple amateur like aspects of their production going on.

Quoted from Ballderdash:

Definitely embarrassing. More so that they definitely felt there should be more people there, but these events can often be iffy attendance wise, and expecting standing room only after their very botched pre release is on David Fix, and sadly the creative team sees the fruit of those fumblings.

I'm still excited to play it, but I was WAAAAY more excited when just the playfield and other artwork leaked two weeks ago.

#4022 1 year ago

I’m honestly surprised Neil and others who played this game at TPF love it so much. The 3D printed parts, cow on a string, and the entire package feels like a company’s 1st game, not their 5th game. I expected so much more from a great designer like Dennis.

Artwork is great, gameplay is not. Sound is not.

I played this game in JJ’s suite and on the floor. Not impressed.

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PF wins on theme/callouts. Very important, but that’s it.
GFT Nordman layout, “flow monster”, lighting, Ramps, Toys, speaker panel, artwork, LCD awesomeness versus crap alphanumeric display (yes I’m getting one)
Like em both a lot but GFT for the win on overall review

I realize you’re trying to justify your picks for March Madness Ice, but flow-monster this ain’t. And the jury is out on how much awesomeness there is in the LCD.

#4024 1 year ago

#4025 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The 3D printed parts, cow on a string, and the entire package feels like a company’s 1st game, not their 5th game. I expected so much more

This. Compared to the attention to detail that was on display during the CGC PF presentation, the execution here is the letdown factor for me. Don't get me wrong, I want AP to succeed too, but this is not the way to do it. I realize there are those on this hype thread that are on this train and that's cool, I hope this game ends up being a long term entry in your respective collections but for me, I'll play on location (if I can find one). I have the utmost respect for everyone's efforts on this game and am not "bashing" it, I just think the total package is a missed opportunity.

#4026 1 year ago

You ever meet an attractive person, and then they open their mouth and suddenly you find yourself no longer attracted?

#4027 1 year ago

Love the roller coaster of this thread, two days ago I posted . . .

Quoted from rosh:

As I commented a couple of thousands posts ago, the game would have lovers and haters and that is certainly the case. However, I would suggest everyone hold off loving or hating this too much, until you actually see it in game play. Not saying everyone is going to love it, but suspect there will be plenty of flip-flops -- probably both ways. As I've also said, this game is very different from what has been released of late, so you can't really know if you love it or hate it, until you shoot it.

Seeing lots of flips flops, both ways, but seems more are getting over the third teasers reveal of the live action, and finding the charms/humor of the game.

I will say the robot taunt (miss me, miss me . .. ) is not one that I wrote. Dennis wrote the first set of insults, (that and the pilot chatter were the two aspects of the script that he worked on), but that was not one of his, so, I'm going to point fingers at Jack. There were dozens of taunt lines written, so there should be good variety, but maybe they are not all in there yet.

I will say people calling this a "flow monster", is not a description I would have expected, was thinking I would hear "fast and deadly" more than "flow monster".

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I will say people calling this a "flow monster", is not a description I would have expected

Lots of action close relatively close to the flippers, plus magnets. But it’s good to have some balance….even flow monsters get boring after a while.

#4029 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I just watched the seminar and either I missed it or they edited it out.

#4030 1 year ago

Hmmm

812B05A5-050C-453D-B4A0-7AF5586A1041 (resized).jpeg812B05A5-050C-453D-B4A0-7AF5586A1041 (resized).jpeg
#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

The humor is off the charts!!!!

Has there ever been a funnier game?!

This is like whoa Nellie, but turned up to 11!!!!!!!

#4032 1 year ago

Any lingering doubts I might have had about getting my LE have been disintegrated by the variety of chicken sounds that can be heard during gameplay. Glorious!

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The humor is off the charts!!!!
Has there ever been a funnier game?!
This is like whoa Nellie, but turned up to 11!!!!!!!

Vince and Jules would have blown every motherfucking head off by now. And that's what makes Pulp Fiction better than GTF.

#4034 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I will say people calling this a "flow monster", is not a description I would have expected, was thinking I would hear "fast and deadly" more than "flow monster".

Quoted from cooked71:

flow-monster this ain’t

That was the one common thing obvious in all of the minimal game play footage to this point. This is most definitely "stop and go" or even "bounce straight back in your face" and not flow. I also don't see a really satisfying shot except maybe the left orbit? Hopefully I'm missing something on that part.

Hopefully I can play one myself pretty soon. No FOMO at this point, now that I gave up my LE slot. I have all the time in the world to decide yay or nay on the Deluxe.

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

I chortled

#4036 1 year ago

Got to play this today. Looked back and Jack Danger was right behind me in line to play. Someone asked him what he thought and he said it was really fun and that he loved the lenticular backglass.

Also: that guy is really freaking tall.

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Got to play this today. Looked back and Jack Danger was right behind me in line to play. Someone asked him what he thought and he said it was really fun and that he loved the lenticular backglass.

I bet he doesn't smell like b.o. and poop.

#4038 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I believe he is 6'7", so yeah... freaking tall is about right.

#4039 1 year ago

I’m concerned by those air balls SDTM

#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I just watched the seminar and either I missed it or they edited it out.

The 11 minute mark here should just about do it... it’s the video with a 30:08 length.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1774581481

#4041 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Not sure if anyone caught this, but last night in Todd Tuckey's last broadcast for the night, he talked with Ryan from AP, while the game was out in tank form.
Ryan corrected Todd when he was asking about the SE being $17500, and told him no, the price for the SE is left up to distributors.
55 seconds in.
https://www.youtube.com/live/bLLCoHUGM00?feature=share

Yeah you're right. Some mega confusion on the price. So $11k for the LE tank in video? The SE is up to distributors. Interesting. The artwork is so cool on the deluxe though. Decisions. Decisions.

#4042 1 year ago

That is a lot of cutaways on that gameplay video....but still the best video so far. Not sure why the editor thinks we want to see that many shots of the guy playing or the pop bumpers, but oh well.

#4043 1 year ago

Ball hops over flippers. Not once but twice in one game. Gzus….

Watched latest stream on YT. Needs a deflector over the tank targets. Looks, uhm, very hard to keep in play between that and huge flipper gap. I’m having my doubts about this game now.
Waaay too much going on directly AT the flippers.

#4044 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m honestly surprised Neil and others who played this game at TPF love it so much. The 3D printed parts, cow on a string, and the entire package feels like a company’s 1st game, not their 5th game. I expected so much more from a great designer like Dennis.
Artwork is great, gameplay is not. Sound is not.
I played this game in JJ’s suite and on the floor. Not impressed.

Callouts and Sounds and Music = no good, right? How about the video stuff?

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

That is a lot of cutaways on that gameplay video....but still the best video so far. Not sure why the editor thinks we want to see that many shots of the guy playing or the pop bumpers, but oh well.

The way this rollout has gone, it would have been more suprising if the first good gameplay video didn't also have glaring technical issues.

#4046 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I bet he doesn't smell like b.o. and poop

I thought this was mandatory when attending any pinball show.

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The 11 minute mark here should just about do it... it’s the video with a 30:08 length.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1774581481

That was the most sincere part of the presentation too...!!!

Well, I enjoyed it the most, anyway.

Not sure his name, but I like the guy that worked at Williams, to Nordman's left. Seems grounded, casual, and explained his design choices well.

Quoted from Gogdog:

Not sure why the editor thinks we want to see that many shots of the guy playing

I was scratching my bald ass head over this one too! He did some editing, for sure, but man SDTM is just doing killer presentation work!

#4048 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The way this rollout has gone, it would have been more suprising if the first good gameplay video didn't also have glaring technical issues.

Was hoping you would’ve been incorrect on that assumption but gameplay revealed as bad as feared. I REALLY wanted to justify everything else as long as it played decently. Gawdammit.

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

....but still the best video so far.

That says a lot about their marketing on this one. He had machine for weeks, teased gameplay video, and that’s the best edited 3 balls he could put together. Trying hard to like game but that sure didn’t help. Definitely one that I’ll wait a year or 2 to see how it bakes.

#4050 1 year ago

I know what you guys mean about buying for marketing. That’s what I look for in a machine for sure! The better the marketing the better the gameplay

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/81?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.