pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 147.
#301 1 year ago

I just don't get it. What is the point of that stupid turret? For 99.9999% of the time you will have the backbox raised up and will not be able to see it. Plus it will be bulging out of the backbox, so it can't be pushed as close to the wall as any other machine.

#302 1 year ago

I agree Palmetto

94A9ADAB-D6BF-42F6-8E1C-6097975DD9A8 (resized).jpeg94A9ADAB-D6BF-42F6-8E1C-6097975DD9A8 (resized).jpegC821CC66-9E1C-40B5-935C-8F0C6FCF5CC8 (resized).jpegC821CC66-9E1C-40B5-935C-8F0C6FCF5CC8 (resized).jpeg

#303 1 year ago

After looking at that for 30 seconds the novelty has worn off. The design team was so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they never bothered to ask themselves if they should.

#304 1 year ago

#305 1 year ago

I like it ! I’m a big fan of retro sci-fi cheese . the turret is probably a flasher light integrated to game play and removable if you don’t like it . Same with tank tread sides - probably only with collector edition and removable if you don’t want to display it . Calm down on the hate until you atleast see the playfield and maybe even some game play .

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I love Dennis Norman, he is my favorite designer, but the fold down gimmick just doesn’t make sense to me. The extra gun on the back of the back box means it can’t sit up against a wall in a normal lineup and be aligned with the others.

We'll have to wait and see, it's either going to be incredibly smart and raises the turret to reveal the game using a ram or servo of some kind when it starts, or it's a gimmick no one wants or is interested in.

Hoping it reveals something special though.

#307 1 year ago

So they are subtly encouraging you not to play it, but have it as a display piece. That can't be a good sign

#308 1 year ago

Going to reserve judgement until more is revealed.

Love Nordman's designs, I'm glad he finally got to do his cab design that he always wanted to do. I don't understand it yet, and willing to see more 1st.

I like the retro theme, hope it has tons of (good) humor.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

So they are subtly encouraging you not to play it, but have it as a display piece. That can't be a good sign

I'm so hoping that the turret relocates itself into a topper position, which would be awesome, but fear the reality is not the case.

#310 1 year ago

When the game is set up, the end of the cannon will be pointing straight up and turn into a flashing/rotating light of some sort as a topper.

#311 1 year ago

So the whole "fold down" thing is to make it a show piece when not using while also serving as a dust cover with that extra flap. I guess it's probably as time consuming as those who put dust covers on their games. It just has to be easy. I assume this is the collector edition and basically has to be positioned as a standalone game, or at least at the end of a row of games for access. Whether it's as easy as applying a dust cover is what's yet to be seen. I personally want to see the base model.

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

True but when the game is set up, the end of the cannon will turn into a flashing/rotating light of some sort as a topper.

If true, that would be pretty awesome

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I love Dennis Norman, he is my favorite designer, but the fold down gimmick just doesn’t make sense to me. The extra gun on the back of the back box means it can’t sit up against a wall in a normal lineup and be aligned with the others.

I'm assuming the turret will be removed and re positioned to become the topper when the head it up. Its so big it would have to be removed to lower the head, so my bet is they made attach points on the back of the head for transportation. Having it look like a tank when folded is a bonus.

#316 1 year ago

What's up with eating the ice cream cone? LOL

#317 1 year ago

I see the dust cover hinged on the top of the head. It may fold all the way over to make a platform to put the turret on.

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

The 2nd teaser (or 1st?) had a reference to an Ice Cream place, guessing it’s going with the theme.

#319 1 year ago

Not really convinced anyone actually plays their pins anymore - they've mostly just turned into expensive flexes - so maybe the unplayable tank mode makes sense. I mean, it does look like a tank.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I see the dust cover hinged on the top of the head. It may fold all the way over to make a platform to put the turret on.

And/or shade a good sized portion of the game from overhead lighting.

#321 1 year ago

I dig it, I won't lie. Cannot wait to see the playfield and gameplay.

#322 1 year ago

Well that's definitely gonna have to be an end of row game.

#323 1 year ago

That is the nuttiest, most hilarious pinball thing to come along in 25 years.

I absolutely need it, all of it.

#324 1 year ago

I'm going to assume ( hope! ) that this is just a promotional thing and not actually available.

#325 1 year ago

If this game drives AP out of business, will we send the remaining stock to the US Army or Ukraine for use as training exercise targets?

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

most hilarious pinball thing to come along in 25 years

Quoted from Kevlar:

just a promotional thing

I'm old enough to remember this "Thing" lol

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#327 1 year ago

Oh.. design based off of tin space toys not sci fi films?

tt56 (resized).jpgtt56 (resized).jpg
#328 1 year ago

Wow, they really did this-
Bring it on!

6CDB645D-FA4A-4A0A-82F6-B27A3D0100D4.gif6CDB645D-FA4A-4A0A-82F6-B27A3D0100D4.gif

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

That is the nuttiest, most hilarious pinball thing to come along in 25 years.
I absolutely need it, all of it.

Absolutely !

Agree 100%.... cmon serious people go and buy some JJPs or Sterns...

But this is what we need, some crazy things ! Hell Yeah... cool thing. Love it !

I see my serious pinball friends walking into the gaming room shouting : " W T F is this.... !" Damn... the faces.

#330 1 year ago

Cabinet needs more JUGS

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I personally want to see the base model.

Yeah base model just got a whole lot more appealing…

#332 1 year ago

There are two times I ever want to fool with my Backbox.

1. Setting up my game, because I just purchased it
2. Folding up my game, because I just sold it.

#333 1 year ago

The cheese is off the charts here! I'm diggin it! For this to work they have to embrace the campy nature of it and so far - nailing it Now give us a good shooter with great rules and make this thing a cult classic

#334 1 year ago

All the boys on here who tuck their games in at night with blankets are secretly more excited then they could possibly imagine.

Dust cover dream theme!

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Calm down on the hate until you atleast see the playfield and maybe even some game play .

Giving an honest opinion about something, even when derogatory is not hate. Words matter.

#336 1 year ago

I like it. Its funny. All of that comes off and will look like a normal pin.

#337 1 year ago

I have not had enough coffee yet to fully process what I just watched. This one may require some alcohol!

#338 1 year ago

INNOVATION. We all know you want it!

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Just a tease of the cringe boomer dad joke onslaught this game is about to unleash upon us.

#340 1 year ago

Some fears I have:

Will this become sentient and destroy the rest of my collection?

Will it be kidnapped by a group of Shriners for use in their fleet?

If my floor is not level, will it roll into the kitchen?

If I attempt a death save, will it fire back?

It’s all very unsettling.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some fears I have:

Levi’s afraid of being recruited to join the force!

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Levi’s afraid of being recruited to join the force.

I think I’m too old and I’d never pass the piss test.

Galactic tank forcing is a young person’s game.

#343 1 year ago

That’s bizarre.
Hopefully the tank cover thing is a huge troll by AP and not seriously part of the design??

Can’t imagine spending time, money and investing resources simply on what the game looks like folded down

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some fears I have:

All valid concerns. Kinda makes me want it more… I might have some issues.

#345 1 year ago

I am floored at how awesome this is.
Forget Foo, forget Godfather, this is absolutely at the top of my list!

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some fears I have:

This may be the funniest thing you've ever posted on Pinside.

#347 1 year ago

Dig it so much,cant wait to know more about that one (And PF too)

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That’s bizarre.
Hopefully the tank cover thing is a huge troll by AP and not seriously part of the design??
Can’t imagine spending time, money and investing resources simply on what the game looks like folded down

This has been rumored for months, supposedly just on the LE / Super-Duper Deluxe or whatever they are going to call the top of the line trim level.

#349 1 year ago

Are the head hinges edited out of those photos or more similar to the old bally games with the door hinge style?

#350 1 year ago

I get what they are going for in having it look cool while not playing and covering/protecting the glass at the same time but who wants to go to the trouble of moving the head up and down all the time. Only way I could see it working or making sense is if they motorized the backbox where you can move it up or down with a remote or button on the game. Hope that dubstep music in the trailer is not in the game...oooofff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/7?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.