pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 146.
#3851 1 year ago

Seeing Todd play it for 5 minutes in a low ass quality video was far better than their launch video the other day. The videos dont seem as bad when they are tiny as part of the screen heh. And the playfield looks awesome. Game looks tough if its going to be asking you to hit the tank a lot. I want more gameplay video in a high quality stream please

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you’re asking $17k for your product, I reserve the right to defecate directly down your throat after eating lots of corn

What the hell is wrong with you? Get this entitled bullshit outta here.

#3853 1 year ago

Just kidding, they can't help they have no empathy.

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

What the hell is wrong with you? Get this entitled bullshit outta here.

LOL, who’s the entitled one? I’m not scolding people for not treating the mortals of AP as GODS. Why are the people of AP entitled to only praise & zero critique?

#3855 1 year ago

Day 1 - still no HD gameplay. Is this 1994? From the potato cams I’ve seen thus far, the game looks good and I’m still thinking about getting one. I even like the way that dumb tank looks too with its LED treds. Franchi art is great. 9k delux might be the best NIB value in this over the top market right now.

Just wish we had real gameplay video but it seems like we just have the Ice and Neil show which is entertaining but can only last so long.

#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Bonds vibrating wand has competition from the Erected Robot from the center tank!

8A792925-F3DD-46A2-A929-91A46A0285A6.gif8A792925-F3DD-46A2-A929-91A46A0285A6.gif
#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Day 1 - still no HD gameplay. Is this 1994? From the potato cams I’ve seen thus far, the game looks good and I’m still thinking about getting one. I even like the way that dumb tank looks too with its LED treds. Franchi art is great. 9k delux might be the best NIB value in this over the top market right now.

I agree the 9k deluxe is great value for what you seem to get, if the game is good. I was ready to order that until we saw those videos the other day. Just show my HD gameplay to get me back in AP

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, who’s the entitled one? I’m not scolding people for not treating the mortals of AP as GODS. Why are the people of AP entitled to only praise & zero critique?

honestly, I thought he was being sarcastic .

#3859 1 year ago

For me, the top new pinball contenders of TPF 2023 are GTF and FF...and GTF gets the edge.

#3860 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Or maybe people need to lower their expectations and give some consideration to launches maybe not done the best as the last manufacturer's, and be a little patient.

How many teaser videos did they show? 3? 4? I’ve lost count.

They built up all the hype and then all they showed was the kind of video you shoot when you don’t have fully working gameplay yet.

People have blue balls from all the teasing.

If your game isn’t ready and you’re hustling to have it for a big show maybe don’t purposefully build up expectations. Chill and just show up with what you have and let word of mouth be your marketing until you have something to show.

The marketing campaign made people grumpy. I would characterize that as a poor attempt, that shouldn’t be your end result.

Especially not for a game that’s actually gorgeous and is apparently fun!

#3861 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

For me, the top new pinball contenders of TPF 2023 are GTF and FF...and GTF gets the edge.

I just played both at TPF. I like GTF more.

#3862 1 year ago

I'm not sure what is taking longer - waiting for the Curse of Oak Island guys to finally find some gold or AP to reveal some decent gameplay video. Anyone know when season 2 of the AP GTF reveal airs?

#3863 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm not sure what is taking longer - waiting for the Curse of Oak Island guys to finally find some gold or AP to reveal some decent gameplay video. Anyone know when season 2 of the AP GTF reveal airs?

no gameplay video until after SE and LE sell out! This is the way.

#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just wish we had real gameplay video but it seems like we just have the Ice and Neil show which is entertaining but can only last so long.

CCr SE would like a word with you.

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Very cool. Can either of you give us some reasons why GTF gets the edge?

#3866 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When you critique the way you did it’s pathetic and disgusting.

But that’s you

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Of course. Because it’s better and different.

Don’t need another Stern mashup of whatever

#3868 1 year ago

I have to give them credit, driving it around via remote control is definitely different!

#3869 1 year ago

The tank appearance model (LE and signature) is a gimmick. Unfortunately, Dennis Nordman (a designer I really appreciate) and the other AP guys like to show it off and "drive" it around the TPF floor. And because they were enjoying playing with it, they didn't want to shut it down long enough to update its code to the more advanced code in the other four GTF games at the show. So everyone drawn to that one LE tank got to see it do something no GTF game will do (move under power) and only got glimpses of the most limited GTF gameplay version at the show. Attention getting, but not a good way to demonstrate AP's new game.

The four other GTF examples all had the latest code update and were lined up for people to play, rather than rolling around the room. I hope enough people got to experience and enjoy them. The deluxe model is hundreds less than a Stern premium and includes non-glare glass, interior art blades, shaker motor, real knocker, and stadium-style lights. The classic (standard) model still to come will lose those extras and be priced at $8K (or less). For those who want something unique, the LE tank at $11K is less than a Stern LE or JJP LE. The signature tank (limited to 200) is call for price, explained as price set by distributor. If a distributor quotes you $17K, then call some other distributors. The best thing exclusive to the signature model is the lenticular 3-D backglass.

I like the deluxe cab art better than the tank and the deluxe will slot into my game room much better. I have a deluxe on order.

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The tank appearance model (LE and signature) is a gimmick. Unfortunately, Dennis Nordman (a designer I really appreciate) and the other AP guys like to show it off and "drive" it around the TPF floor. And because they were enjoying playing with it, they didn't want to shut it down long enough to update its code to the more advanced code in the other four GTF games at the show. So everyone drawn to that one LE tank got to see it do something no GTF game will do (move under power) and only got glimpses of the most limited GTF gameplay version at the show. Not a good way to demonstrate AP's new game.
The four other GTF examples all had the latest code update and were lined up for people to play, rather than rolling around the room. I hope enough people got to experience and enjoy them. The deluxe model is hundreds less than a Stern premium and includes non-glare glass, interior art blades, shaker motor, real knocker, and stadium-style lights. The classic (standard) model still to come will lose those extras and be priced at $8K (or less). For those who want something unique, the LE tank at $11K is less than a Stern LE or JJP LE. The signature tank (limited to 200) is call for price, explained as price set by distributor. If a distributor quotes you $17K, then call some other distributors. The best thing only on the signature model is the lenticular 3-D backglass.
I like the deluxe cab art better than the tank and the deluxe will slot into my game room much better. I have a deluxe on order.

How was the game? How were the animations and call outs on it? The deluxe looks great

#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Any date given for shipment? (Is that model even in production?)

#3872 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The tank appearance model (LE and signature) is a gimmick. Unfortunately, Dennis Nordman (a designer I really appreciate) and the other AP guys like to show it off and "drive" it around the TPF floor. And because they were enjoying playing with it, they didn't want to shut it down long enough to update its code to the more advanced code in the other four GTF games at the show. So everyone drawn to that one LE tank got to see it do something no GTF game will do (move under power) and only got glimpses of the most limited GTF gameplay version at the show. Attention getting, but not a good way to demonstrate AP's new game.
The four other GTF examples all had the latest code update and were lined up for people to play, rather than rolling around the room. I hope enough people got to experience and enjoy them. The deluxe model is hundreds less than a Stern premium and includes non-glare glass, interior art blades, shaker motor, real knocker, and stadium-style lights. The classic (standard) model still to come will lose those extras and be priced at $8K (or less). For those who want something unique, the LE tank at $11K is less than a Stern LE or JJP LE. The signature tank (limited to 200) is call for price, explained as price set by distributor. If a distributor quotes you $17K, then call some other distributors. The best thing only on the signature model is the lenticular 3-D backglass.

Gotta agree. Deluxe is the best option.

Love it. I got an LE because I’m going all in cheese factor

The signature edition? They should have called me on that one

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta agree. Deluxe is the best option.
Love it. I got an LE because I’m going all in cheese factor
The signature edition? They should have called me on that one

I went deluxe. My games are too close together for the tank though it’s cheesy fun! Yes! lol

#3874 1 year ago

Played it.

Super fun layout, awesome light show, bright and colorful. A few spots held the ball a bit longer than I’m used to, so not a total flow monster. The standups in the middle are dangerous. Great use of color with inserts and GI compared to the blue tones of the art.

I loved the recessed LCD panel underneath the translite. The tank gimmick doesn’t grab me, as I believe the base model will cover all the bases.

And no, the live action videos were not distracting. They seemed to be a small portion of the game, so you’re not watching bad acting the whole time. I question why AP highlighted those videos during the trailer, but what do I know?

Really fun game.

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Very cool. Can either of you give us some reasons why GTF gets the edge?

It shoots better in my opinion.

#3876 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I went deluxe. My games are too close together for the tank though it’s cheesy fun! Yes! lol

I think that’s the smart move Coast!

Game looks great

#3877 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Played it.
Super fun layout, awesome light show, bright and colorful. A few spots held the ball a bit longer than I’m used to, so not a total flow monster. The standups in the middle are dangerous. Great use of color with inserts and GI compared to the blue tones of the art.
I loved the recessed LCD panel underneath the translite. The tank gimmick doesn’t grab me, as I believe the base model will cover all the bases.
And no, the live action videos were not distracting. They seemed to be a small portion of the game, so you’re not watching bad acting the whole time. I question why AP highlighted those videos during the trailer, but what do I know?
Really fun game.

Thanks Mud man. I’m thrilled to hear it’s not a run of the mill “flow monster”!

#3878 1 year ago

I didn't catch did they have deluxes or just the LE's? Wondering about the rail lights vs not and how that looks.

#3879 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think that’s the smart move Coast!
Game looks great

I’ve swapped out all of my games
Zero here currently.
New start!
3 on the way now. This hobby!!!!!!

#3880 1 year ago

If I may suggest, if y'all see Casey Butler hanging around the show, please give him an attaboy, buy him a beer, whatever -- this is his first pin, and he has done a killer job.

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't catch did they have deluxes or just the LE's? Wondering about the rail lights vs not and how that looks.

Deluxe, LE, SE all have the light rails. You can remove them, but you're paying for them. 0 differences on any model under the glass
If they ever come out with a lower trim, maybe it won't have them. we don't know.

#3882 1 year ago

Come on excited GTF future owners, come over and vote up your fab machine by clicking on the link below and voting. However, vote however you wish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

#3883 1 year ago

I stumbled onto this on YouTube - a decent short gameplay video:

#3884 1 year ago

They shoulda partnered with Escalara and had it climb the stage stairs

#3885 1 year ago

Looks pretty fun - lightshow seems pretty awesome and it's still early code. Reminds me of shooting the Monger in IM - I think trying to glance hit the outer targets in some scenarios might be a good idea, even if doing less damage?

#3886 1 year ago

Speculation earlier on that there was or wasn’t a magnet in front of the tank - confirmed there is a magnet….. see above ^^^ vid at about 1m26s….

411CEAC9-18A7-4A20-9B9A-4E19D716C2C2 (resized).jpeg411CEAC9-18A7-4A20-9B9A-4E19D716C2C2 (resized).jpeg

And the flipper setup looked OK in actual gameplay. Anyone work out what’s happening with the lanes under the flippers?

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Speculation earlier on that there was or wasn’t a magnet in front of the tank - confirmed there is a magnet….. see above ^^^ vid at about 1m26s….
[quoted image]
And the flipper setup looked OK in actual gameplay. Anyone work out what’s happening with the lanes under the flippers?

Yes, it's confirmed there are 3 magnets in the game:

1. Main magnet in front of tank. Supposedly used in several ways including acting as a shield somehow (holding a ball during Multiball maybe, nor sure what they meant?).
2. Hidden core magnet in front of swinging UFO/Cow target.
3. In upper left orbit. Catches orbit shots to drop into the Lab saucer/lock VUK.

#3888 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

acting as a shield somehow (holding a ball maybe, nor sure what they meant?).

That’s actually a cool idea - the tank catches a ball there and it’s a shield for the tank until you knock it off.

#3889 1 year ago

Later enemy tanks have shields -- while fighting those, the tank magnet can actually deflect the ball before it reaches the targets. Doesn't always happen (thankfully, else you could never defeat those tanks ) but when it does, it's kind of a "WTH?" moment wondering what just happened.

#3890 1 year ago

Few shots zoomed in on the display during that gameplay:

Bumpers build toward lighting a super jackpot with this gauge/something increases value too I guess, not sure if that is bumpers too or what.
Screenshot_20230325-020000~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-020000~2 (resized).png

Flank target advance upgrades
Screenshot_20230325-020142_kindlephoto-123376665 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-020142_kindlephoto-123376665 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-020432~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-020432~2 (resized).png

Robot defeated (Robot was raised out of the tank) while in a ramp/berry collecting mission, seems to differ from a regular tank defeated?
Screenshot_20230325-020614~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-020614~2 (resized).png

Screenshot_20230325-020822~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-020822~2 (resized).png

That berry mission is to shoot 5 ramps.
Screenshot_20230325-022402~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230325-022402~2 (resized).png

#3891 1 year ago

It does look fun god dam what a year! Can we skip this year's Twippys I man GOTY wouldn't even make honorable mention in this class!!!

#3892 1 year ago

Shot very well overall.
Loved the moving saucer target with hanging cow.
That LE is something else!

41750B51-B221-4811-8579-407476AAF815 (resized).jpeg41750B51-B221-4811-8579-407476AAF815 (resized).jpeg45FECCB7-C090-4F49-ADDF-564C75FE8C55 (resized).jpeg45FECCB7-C090-4F49-ADDF-564C75FE8C55 (resized).jpeg9F4C6CD7-9351-4472-BF7A-080C8F23BD01 (resized).jpeg9F4C6CD7-9351-4472-BF7A-080C8F23BD01 (resized).jpeg

#3893 1 year ago

Simple..
Looks cool.
Thanks for the review Mudflaps. Thanks also to everyone attending sharing the pictures and info.
Magnets look well integrated.
Love Franchi's Art.

Hope to play it at Golden State Pinball show.

#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the 300 layers just refers to the complexity of the drawing itself - nothing to do with the lenticular process. Because the image is so jam packed with elements, it means a lot of layers in whatever illustration software he is using.
Franchi’s art is the best part of this game IMO. All of it. Stern’s huge loss (and they could use some more variety).

I'd imagine you're correct! Just a non descriptive David Fix statement that wasn't quite clear.

Overall, I'm still scratching my head over what this game is, and at a launch/major show of the year, that shouldn't be the case.

I still haven't seen enough gameplay, and witnessed enough/understood code development, other than from Josh who isn't even an AP employee currently.

It's just a weird head scratching launch. I have NO idea what to think, and as a potential customer, and current Houdini owner, that is a major problem.

Do I like this game so far? I have NO F'IN CLUE!!! AP help!

#3895 1 year ago

Sure, happy to help: yes, you like this game so far.

Seriously, I'm glad to answer any questions about the game itself, but I have no idea where/when HD gameplay videos will be available.

#3896 1 year ago

I just wanna see it because all the marketing has been confusing

I want to like this. Stop making it hard lol

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I saw 2 LE models and 4 deluxe games.

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Any date given for shipment? (Is that model even in production?)

Someone asked that question at the AP seminar. AP answer was that they are to make the top tier models first and the deluxe games last. Currently on the assembly line is Hotwheels and the other line is running GTF LE games. After HW is done running, both assembly lines will be making GTF games.

Based on AP track record, it might be awhile for those to receive your GTF deluxe games.

#3899 1 year ago

Is Tim curry one of the actors !?
I’m in just for that !

.. and no pun intended

#3900 1 year ago

I am kind of surprised that if I could only play one of these hot, new games it would be GTF.

I am not a fan of the tank treads and think the deluxe is a great looking package and it also comes with a real backglass.

The beauty of preferring the deluxe is I can play it first, and then decide whether to buy one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/78?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.