pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 146.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Unfortunately the level of douchebaggery in this thread is very high.

Well, it is Pinside.

Still no excuse. Did you notice nobody threw out any Dbag questions? Keyboard warriors.

Like Aurich said, if you aren’t used to doing presentations then you don’t have that polish or experience to build up some thicker skin.

I’ve done hundreds of presentations to the point I got tired of hearing myself talk!

Def need to cut these guys some slack. The passion still comes through

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Unfortunately the level of douchebaggery in this thread is very high.
I’m excited to play it at the Allentown Show and see how the code progresses.

Excited to play it and excited to buy it are two different things….

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, it is Pinside.
Still no excuse. Did you notice nobody threw out any Dbag questions? Keyboard warriors.
Like Aurich said, if you aren’t used to doing presentations then you don’t have that polish or experience to build up some thicker skin.
I’ve done hundreds of presentations to the point I got tired of hearing myself talk!
Def need to cut these guys some slack. The passion still comes through

If they had showed more gameplay ahead of time people would be gentler. The wolves want to see a ball flipping, and they're just going to get grumpy with everything else. So in that sense they hurt themselves.

The presentation and speaking was fine.

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If they had showed more gameplay ahead of time people would be gentler. The wolves want to see a ball flipping, and they're just going to get grumpy with everything else. So in that sense they hurt themselves.
The presentation and speaking was fine.

Certainly doesn’t help with PF completely stealing everyone’s thunder…AP included.

This pin looks fun, and I’ll buy a deluxe, but they need some sales/marketing consulting stat

#3805 1 year ago

Does weed make you creative?
In other words, cannabis doesn't impact your actual creativity one way or the other, but it does boost joviality, making you think that both your own ideas and other people's ideas are more creative than they really are. This may seem counterintuitive.

DA279081-F69E-4A4A-BAE9-2CF4C0A92CB2 (resized).jpegDA279081-F69E-4A4A-BAE9-2CF4C0A92CB2 (resized).jpeg
#3806 1 year ago

I've been in meetings all afternoon and missed basically every stream So AP really didn't show any gameplay? If anyone knows have they at least mentioned if/when they might show us gameplay? I want to see this thing in action!

#3807 1 year ago

The game looks cool and fun. One of my concerns is the large standup area right in the center of the playfield, it's giving off some heavy F14 Tomcat vibes. I've never been a fan of standups as a main area to shoot for in modern games let alone those that take up the primary playfield area. A lot of potential shots have been eliminated due to this design choice but then again I need to actually play the game...

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Excited to play it and excited to buy it are two different things….

I said posters were being douchey and I’m excited to play the machine. It looks cool.
First I play a machine and if I like it enough then I buy it. All reveals from any Mfg are normally prototype machines with early code. I’ve played Stern machines at release and hated them and then after 6 months to 1-1/2 years my opinion was totally different.

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

You mean bitching and entitled like the 80-90 % of posters in this thread calling for his head and the bankruptcy of AP for the incompetence of releasing a great looking pin ? Do mean like that ?

I mean, I do hold the executives of companies to higher standards than people on a message board. But maybe I'm the problem here.

All I'm saying is it's the internet - people are going to bloviate and be annoying, but at the end of the day Pinside is a major core of any pinball company's target market. I'm not saying they should bow down to it, but they also shouldn't publicly throw shade.

Anyway, spent too much time on this topic and didn't mean to. I'm in marketing and work in an industry where the internet bickering gets pretty gnarly, so I was just offering my take on how I'd like to see the leader of a company handle it. When I can choose from Stern, JJP, CGC, MM, and AP, these interactions can tip the scales for me personally. YMMV and that's totally fair.

#3810 1 year ago

Kinda cool :

#3811 1 year ago

johnny5 is alive.

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I mean, I do hold the executives of companies to higher standards than people on a message board. But maybe I'm the problem here.
All I'm saying is it's the internet - people are going to bloviate and be annoying, but at the end of the day Pinside is a major core of any pinball company's target market. I'm not saying they should bow down to it, but they also shouldn't publicly throw shade.

I've attended seminars at pinball shows for the last 10 years and every manufacturer along with their employees throw shade at pinside. It's really no big deal.

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game looks cool and fun. One of my concerns is the large standup area right in the center of the playfield, it's giving off some heavy F14 Tomcat vibes. I've never been a fan of standups as a main area to shoot for in modern games let alone those that take up the primary playfield area. A lot of potential shots have been eliminated due to this design choice but then again I need to actually play the game...

Yeah I share this concern, based strictly off of the gameplay I saw on Cary Hardy's stream this morning. I'm well aware cell phone streams are not the way to evaluate a game, but at the very least it gave me a sense of the shots and to me all those standups in the middle of the playfield did feel a little claustrophobic. I understand the concept, you're constantly battling that tank, like AFM. But in AFM the spaceship sits further back and also those are drop targets. But yeah need to play it to really find out. Could be awesome, I definitely like the concept.

#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have not compared the tank cabinet to a Prius, we are safe lol.

Ah a cargument. Give it time.

#3815 1 year ago

Yes. Now a video of it chasing down Todd from TNT! Ha

#3816 1 year ago

I joked with friends David Fix is gonna drive this thing around TPF, and there he is doing just that. Well played AP, well played

That's the way to embrace the tank. Now show us some freaking gameplay will ya!

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

MATTKERN -- since you popped in here, can you tell those gathered about the music in the game, is it all dub step or what can people look forward to hearing in the game, besides, your cow-a-bongo tune -- which you know I have heard and really like.

Yea so as Dennis said, this game not a 50's knock off, it's Dennis' universe and what Dennis wants Dennis gets

The dub step is really the representation of the robot tank battles. To me anyway. I mean, what kind of music does a robot listen to? Dubstep of course. We have had discussions of easing into it a bit more at the beginning of the game. It might happen, might not.

All the music you heard in the various videos that were released are from the game. The mission music (where you have to collect the various ice cream ingredients) is modeled after all of our favorite space adventure movies and that seems to work well. The multiballs are more driving and cinematic in nature to fit the frenetic pacing of a multiball.

And the not yet sighted Cow-A-Bongo multiball has a Ventures inspired surf tune.

When I first started talking to the team I had to wrap my head around how so many different musical directions were going to come together in a single game. I had the same questions everyone here has. I have to say though, I think its enjoyable to play and listen to as the music switches at a fairly quick pace. Of course I'm 1000% biased.

Could we have gone a different direction music wise? Sure we could have, but it's Dennis' world. We just live in it.

As my kids say... Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

#3818 1 year ago

I'm just going to leave this here, then mooooo-ve it right along!

PXL_20230325_010627053 (resized).jpgPXL_20230325_010627053 (resized).jpg
#3819 1 year ago

You mean bitching and entitled like the 80-90 % of posters in this thread calling for his head and the bankruptcy of AP for the incompetence of releasing a great looking pin ? Do mean like that ?

The number is way lower than that...more like 25%

#3820 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

D

I’m trying to like this pin. AP is crapping on my decision to buy or not.
JUST
SHOW
THE
GAMEPLAY

I’m pretty sure gameplay video will come from the arcade hollywood YouTube channel. He did a brief tease early in the week and said he’s been playing/filming it for a few weeks…

#3821 1 year ago

Most are bitching about the marketing and lack of focus on the game features/ actual gameplay.

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from MattoKan:

I mean, what kind of music does a robot listen to? Dubstep of course.

Most robots go through a Yello phase.

#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

These guys put years of blood, sweat, tears, time and money into a project and a few keyboard warriors shit all over it which can and does have an impact on sales and possibly...their success?

Yeah....nah...yeah.

#3824 1 year ago

This game is really cool

#3825 1 year ago

Bonds vibrating wand has competition from the Erected Robot from the center tank!

#3826 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

These guys put years of blood, sweat, tears, time and money into a project and a few keyboard warriors shit all over it which can and does have an impact on sales and possibly...their success?
Yeah....nah...yeah.

They spent years on it. We are very excited about it. And now they are asking us to spend $9000-$17000 on it, and we are asking to get just one decent freaking video of it to help us make that decision. Ready to take money but not ready to show us what we get?

"Yeah...nah...yeah"

#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Despite it being Joe's dream theme, he had very few requests/input into the game content/rules, but the music was one of them, so we tried it.

This just makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with pinball designers. Lawlor and Dialed In, Balcer and Oktoberfest and now Nordman with Galactic Tank Dance Revolution?

Clearly none of these inmates can be trusted to make decisions.

#3828 1 year ago

If you can’t handle some opinions on the internet get out of pinball. Seriously.

That’s not an excuse for anyone to make this personal or attack people. But if some video assets look dumb say so. If you hate dubstep that’s okay. If you don’t like cow fart jokes that doesn’t mean you lack taste.

Making things and selling them (for a lot of money) exposes you. Bitch about it in private with people who know how it feels.

Maybe this game is a sleeper classic. Time will tell. In the meantime if you hide gameplay expect people to get grumpy. Literally anyone on Pinside could tell them that.

#3829 1 year ago

TNT is streaming some gameplay, they are live now, you can skip to the start of the stream:

#3830 1 year ago

In this case, while a few people here chose the 'i'm going to be a fanboy and hate on it because X', most people are simply baffled by the way they presented this as a whole. They had the advantage of a huge hype train, and peoples attention was on them. That reveal WAS a bad decision and probably hurt their sales more than anything a particular person said here.

There's are plenty of products out there that people spent tons of time and money on and are not loved by consumers. In some cases they turn around and blame the consumer. If the consumer isn't interested in your product, that's your issue, not the consumers'. It really doesn't matter if some do like it and some do not when you have to make so many sales to be profitable. In this age, most companies need to be firing on all cylinders, especially when faced with 7 other releases at the exact same time in a niche hobby.

I will say though, I did not think they were throwing shade at pinside, but rather pointing out details people on pinside had questioned.

#3831 1 year ago

The tank is cool, but that deluxe looks sweet.

Does the deluxe come with the 3d Translite?

#3832 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The tank is cool, but that deluxe looks sweet.
Does the deluxe come with the 3d Translite?

No, only the signature

#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

No, only the signature

Damnit. That is badass

#3834 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

TNT is streaming some gameplay, they are live now, you can skip to the start of the stream:

"Um you see it's not ready. They're still working on it. But it's releasable (they'll take your money). Because you can update it yourself"

What a time to be alive.

Also that atomic shield definitely came up a little late to stop that ball from flying stdm from the tank. Did they just really want those stand ups right in the center of the playfield, and then try to compensate with the atomic shield after they realized what a drain monster it is? And sometimes it works?

#3835 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's are plenty of products out there that people spent tons of time and money on and are not loved by consumers. In some cases they turn around and blame the consumer. If the consumer isn't interested in your product, that's your issue, not the consumers'. It really doesn't matter if some do like it and some do not when you have to make so many sales to be profitable. In this age, most companies need to be firing on all cylinders, especially when faced with 7 other releases at the exact same time in a niche hobby.

Products asking for exceptional financial commitments SHOULD provide exceptional product information.

#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yeah....nah...yeah.

Startups since selling began can attest to a great product tarnished by last minute accidents, flubs, miscommunications, etc.

PF and GF are not themes I’m interested in but damned if presentations built hype.

Me, as the consumer will always be the judge and jury of my choices, opinions and spending. I love the ideas presented by AP on GTF. They need to get out of their own way.

#3837 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Startups since selling began can attest to a great product tarnished by last minute accidents, flubs, miscommunications, etc.
PF and GF are not themes I’m interested in but damned if presentations built hype.
Me, as the consumer will always be the judge and jury of my choices, opinions and spending. I love the ideas presented by AP on GTF. They need to get out of their own way.

Or maybe people need to lower their expectations and give some consideration to launches maybe not done the best as the last manufacturer's, and be a little patient.

The AP team should be a little saucy after all that has been said and done in this thread.

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

They did a lenticular image for the back of Hot Wheels too!
Yow, 300 layers said Franchi.

I think the 300 layers just refers to the complexity of the drawing itself - nothing to do with the lenticular process. Because the image is so jam packed with elements, it means a lot of layers in whatever illustration software he is using.

Franchi’s art is the best part of this game IMO. All of it. Stern’s huge loss (and they could use some more variety).

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Or maybe people need to lower their expectations and give some consideration to launches maybe not done the best as the last manufacturer's, and be a little patient.
The AP team should be a little saucy after all that has been said and done in this thread.

Agreed. I would be too if roles reversed. It’s a tough crowd…with heavy spending power. Sometimes a salty mix. Bring a thick jacket and don’t expect sunny all day. Since I’m still interested in purchasing I’ll say this is a win for GTF.

#3840 1 year ago

Trying to catch up and reading the threads...is there any decent gameplay footage yet?

#3841 1 year ago

The game is awesome. It’s getting lines everywhere they placed them and they brought many. It’s quite the sleeper hit. I spoke with Dennis on the floor and he said it was inspired by the tin toys. Very good throw back. Looks like a modern wpc game.

3FE9E31C-CDDA-43AE-9FB0-4E50BC5FCAD9 (resized).jpeg3FE9E31C-CDDA-43AE-9FB0-4E50BC5FCAD9 (resized).jpeg8AE8FAFD-CDA6-4C0B-BC48-C16A6E7A4FCB (resized).jpeg8AE8FAFD-CDA6-4C0B-BC48-C16A6E7A4FCB (resized).jpeg98D69158-99E3-4E16-A5E6-2B3E677BADC9 (resized).jpeg98D69158-99E3-4E16-A5E6-2B3E677BADC9 (resized).jpegFCB6BD9D-D189-4919-AA7D-2A8364ECF49C (resized).jpegFCB6BD9D-D189-4919-AA7D-2A8364ECF49C (resized).jpeg
#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This just makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with pinball designers. Lawlor and Dialed In, Balcer and Oktoberfest and now Nordman with Galactic Tank Dance Revolution?
Clearly none of these inmates can be trusted to make decisions.

Please tell me you're joking. I really hope you are.

#3843 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yeah....nah...yeah.

If you’re asking $17k for your product, I reserve the right to defecate directly down your throat after eating lots of corn. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

The only one responsible for their sales success is them, their product, and their marketing. As customers, it’s our right to critique & NOT buy something.

Quoted from Methos:

That’s not sauce. It’s diarrhea. From the shit.

#3844 1 year ago

GTF might be one of Nordman's fastest playing pinball machine he's ever created. It's impressive! I don't see why all the hate for this game. An original IP with what seems to a really fun theme with a bit of cheese in the game. Congrats to AP and Dennis Nordman...they have a hit on their hand with this game.

#3845 1 year ago

I do really like the playfield lighting. Looks really easy on the eyes.

#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

GTF might be one of Nordman's fastest playing pinball machine he's ever created. It's impressive! I don't see why all the hate for this game. An original IP with what seems to a really fun theme with a bit of cheese in the game. Congrats to AP and Dennis Nordman...they have a hit on their hand with this game.

I am indeed glad to hear people saying the gameplay is fun. That's really all many of us are waiting on..

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you’re asking $17k for your product, I reserve the right to defecate directly down your throat after eating lots of corn. Metaphorically speaking, of course.
The only one responsible for their sales success is they, their product, and their marketing. As customers, it’s our right to critique & NOT buy something.

That’s not sauce. It’s diarrhea. From the shit.

Well you do have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation go the brain Ultraman.

Garbage man?

That is a disgusting depiction

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Total hit. You know what they say, “flow monster”

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I am indeed glad to hear people saying the gameplay is fun. That's really all many of us are waiting on..

I second that it’s fun. Center targets can be brutal, but I thought it played great. Easily the best AP I have played.

#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I second that it’s fun. Center targets can be brutal, but I thought it played great. Easily the best AP I have played.

This is very good news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.