pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 146.
#3751 1 year ago

Running Hot Wheels on one line until the middle of April? How many are they making? David says sold out status on GTF? Seems like he is pulling numbers out on the stream

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I am certainly not seeing what you are...pretty upbeat discussion and the crowd seems happy, cheerful and appreciative.[quoted image]

Yeah they didn't drag it out, but it just stuck out to me and rubbed me the wrong way. I just think some marketers need to remember that the internet is a thing and you should embrace it rather than fight it.

Anyway, game does look interesting and i hope the lower priced version will be solid.

#3753 1 year ago

Think that was a dig at CGC and Stern.

#3754 1 year ago

I guess it’s crazy to ask about how far code is?He answered that like we should know code is far from complete..yikes
That was probably the most shocking thing.Basically no code yet is what I understood.

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I guess it’s crazy to ask about how far code is?He answered that like we should know code is far from complete..yikes
That was probably the most shocking thing.Basically no code yet is what I understood.

Steve seems a little confused, and also not seeming to hear questions well.

#3756 1 year ago

I have no idea what I'm watching, it's been one long justification of what they did with not really any new info.

#3757 1 year ago

April 1st, merch available.

Ya can't make this shit up folks!

#3758 1 year ago

Don't get too excited on adult mode -- my guess is some of the lines were found to not be family friendly so they moved to them to that, but it is not going to be over the top, for example, Plotnick has a line "Who has two thumbs and a sack of nuts, this guy", Annoy says "The best fudge comes from Uranus!'

Since Steve did not cover rules, I'll expand a bit, so the nut comment makes sense. The missions are about collecting ingredients for professor's plotniks Ice Cream research. Been a while, but I want to say the modes are Where's Walnuts, Udder Madness (Cream), Sprinkle Desert, Drilling for Fudge, Basket o' Berries, Once you have all the ingredients you help make the sundae.

Even when missions are running, you are still battling tanks and rescuing cows. Saucers arrive to steal cows, every 51 seconds (unless they changed that during play testing). Save enough cows, and you get to Cow-a-bongo multiball that Dennis described.

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Calling it, they are going to end this presentation with zero new gameplay.

#3760 1 year ago

they need to get with Briers or something and have a limited edition Galactic Tank Force flavored Ice Cream. A glitzy package that you can't open and see what's inside until after you buy it!

....wait...

#3761 1 year ago

Free Ice Cream at the reveal. Classy!

#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Don't get too excited on adult mode -- my guess is some of the lines were found to not be family friendly so they moved to them to that, but it is not going to be over the top, for example, Plotnick has a line "Who has two thumbs and a sack of nuts, this guy", Annoy says "The best fudge comes from Uranus!'
Since Steve did not cover rules, I'll expand a bit, so the nut comment makes sense. The missions are about collecting ingredients for professor's plotniks Ice Cream research. Been a while, but I want to say the modes are Where's Walnuts, Udder Madness (Cream), Sprinkle Desert, Drilling for Fudge, Basket o' Berries, Once you have all the ingredients you help make the sundae.
Even when missions are running, you are still battling tanks and rescuing cows. Saucers arrive to steal cows, every 51 seconds (unless they changed that during play testing). Save enough cows, and you get to Cow-a-bongo multiball that Dennis described.

It's almost as if YOU should have been there....

Considering we've had more rules and game description in depth from you more than anyone. Concept design, sure, but gameplay and rules description, YOU da man Josh!!

#3763 1 year ago

Definitely disappointed in the fact that the first many gameplay videos are going to be handheld vertical videos from a pinball festival with people playing that don't know the rules.

Would have been so nice with a well made video showcasing the pinball gameplay.
I am not putting any money on the line untill the gameplay is shown to be good in a convincing fashion.

#3764 1 year ago

During Cary's video they did mention that the games on hand did not ship with code. *shrug* who knows...

#3765 1 year ago

Dear TPF and American pinball.. Twitch Sucks.
Please post the seminars on YouTube.
I missed 60% with pausing.

#3766 1 year ago

Yeah I need to watch on YouTube

#3767 1 year ago

So I don't think the unpainted molds glow..

#3768 1 year ago

American Pinballs marketing mystery continues…

#3769 1 year ago

Calling it, they are going to end this presentation with zero new gameplay.

unfortunately correct

#3770 1 year ago

I don't get it, I just don't. One of them even said, I'd like to show us playing the game! And...nothing...

I don't like being marketed to, and that's what this felt like. Oh well, I'll try one next week! I'm still holding out hope.

#3771 1 year ago

Watching the GameClubCentral Twitch stream now, at one point the GTF pinball machine was moving on it's own... somehow.

Edit: Stream just ended, if you skip to the end you'll see it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1774604192

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't get it, I just don't. One of them even said, I'd like to show us playing the game! And...nothing...
I don't like being marketed to, and that's what this felt like. Oh well, I'll try one next week! I'm still holding out hope.

Steve said that then they disconnected him so he could neither hear nor respond the rest of the seminar for his troubles..lol

#3773 1 year ago

I have no idea what I'm watching, it's been one long justification of what they did with not really any new info.

It's a pinball seminar. You show up and discuss what you've spent the last couple years working on. Tell stories about the development, answer questions from the audience. This was very standard, maybe you haven't watched a lot of them.

There was never going to be gameplay shown at this. It's not the venue for it.

You can bash them for their marketing failures on this game, I won't disagree, but the stream/seminar itself was fine.

#3774 1 year ago

Watching the GameClubCentral Twitch stream now, at one point the GTF pinball machine was moving on it's own... somehow.

There's a robot one on wheels running around apparently.

#3775 1 year ago

there is no code on the GTFS at the show? Is it not playable on the show floor?

#3776 1 year ago

D

Quoted from Zablon:

I’m trying to like this pin. AP is crapping on my decision to buy or not.

JUST
SHOW
THE
GAMEPLAY

#3777 1 year ago

Adult mode seems like Elvira mode with less cleavage

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

there is no code on the GTFS at the show? Is it not playable on the show floor?

Well there "wasn't" other than like test demo stuff. They said they were going to get code on them, but it would take awhile. Who knows if that happened or not. I assume so since Niel and Mr68 says they played it.

#3779 1 year ago

IDK, maybe they feel the code isn’t mature enough for a gameplay video yet? I remain interested in this game...but damn...it’s like they’re doing their best to kill my buzz!

#3780 1 year ago

Well, after all that I still want to play it so maybe there master plan worked after all!

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

During Cary's video they did mention that the games on hand did not ship with code. *shrug* who knows...

Bahahah nice nightlight

Looks kinda pretty with the gameplay of a sys11

#3782 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

IDK, maybe they feel the code isn’t mature enough for a gameplay video yet? I remain interested in this game...but damn...it’s like they’re doing their best to kill my buzz!

they specifically mentioned how people who have played it didnt want to stop .. maybe the seminar is not for gameplay , bit they could have sold a few with gameplay .. its too late for everyone to get to texas

#3783 1 year ago

Neil has been playing it so there are working examples, sure he will post something soon.

#3784 1 year ago

Games were likely boxed weeks ago before a 'initial code release' was locked down. They had to install the new code on the games after unboxing. From what I saw earlier, looks like Ferret coded in a message basically forcing your to do so.

Steve was not involved in the game at all before I left and I think he only recently started to do work on it, so he may not really have a good sense of the status of the code, but the game logic was all coded and the game playable before I left, with the exception of couple of the wizard modes, so I would expect the code to be pretty complete at this point from a rules perspective, my guess is there is still work on adding assets and improving choreography, etc. I'm sure they had a lot to figure out on the PIP stuff, since we had only done some proof of concept stuff at that point. Ferret did some nice improvements to the AV engine, which made a lot of what you will see work.

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

they specifically mentioned how people who have played it didnt want to stop .. maybe the seminar is not for gameplay , bit they could have sold a few with gameplay .. its too late for everyone to get to texas

Yeah but that's marketing speak. Of course they are going to say that

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Yeah, looks like I have to try and free up some time to go the Midwest show if I want to see this in action.

#3787 1 year ago

What did we watch with this stream? I am genuinely confused with a panel of varying degrees of knowing what is going on. Why not focus on the gameplay? JJP is going through the game right now on stream seems to make a lot of sense. AP is just mind boggling how they decide to implement things. If this sells well it certainly won't be from their lack of trying for it not to.

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah but that's marketing speak. Of course they are going to say that

They could just keep flipping waiting for a mode to start...

#3789 1 year ago

Serious question: They were going to have that mohawk girl as a character in the game. When is someone going to integrate Todd Tuckney into a game?

#3790 1 year ago

Great idea! Missed opportunity with GTF!would of made a great bad guy.Sure he would of loved it.

#3791 1 year ago

I've been one of the people with a mic in front of a room full of skeptical/curious pinball players, I'm not at all interested in tearing any of these people down. If you have a team that practices all the answers ahead of time and is fully prepared and you're a veteran presenter, bully for you. Most of us are just figuring it out as we go. "I work on pinball" is rarely "I'm also an ace public speaker".

If there's a recording of me anywhere in the Expo archives trust me, I've never watched it and never will.

Rather focus on the answers we got.

Dennis and Paul have had this basic layout for at least a decade now. It was always meant to be simple, and not a game with 10 skillshots. You could see the battle on stage between Dennis saying he wanted a random game anyone could win and Steve trying to interject that it still has some skill.

What's clear is beyond a simpler game, and fun ideas like the mirror half planet and the whole "it looks like a tank when you fold it down" there really wasn't much else to it. The original game was going to run on a Raspberry Pi and have really minimal multimedia assets.

American Pinball needed a game, or they wanted Dennis, or whatever happened, and building GTF was the result. And they beefed it up (I've seen an earlier version of the whitewood they showed, but it was essentially the 10 year old game on the screen) with more features, grafted a dad joke story onto it, and added a lot more code and assets than it was ever meant to hold.

Maybe it's going to turn out great. Or maybe it was too many cooks with different ideas. I think it's certainly a soup with a lot of ingredients.

I do know that it feels like there were a lot of decisions I wouldn't have made. The entire marketing campaign, using dubstep and deciding that the Duke actor was definitely the one amongst them.

Is what it is, curious to hear the reports from the floor this weekend, at this point hands-on impressions and gameplay videos are going to answer a lot more questions.

#3792 1 year ago

Josh is correct, game is fully playable. We were just adding as much as possible over the last few days so that's why the update code message appears at bootup on the games that shipped out last week. More code/assets to come but its currently a solid game experience.

#3793 1 year ago

I thought they came off as a bit defensive, but I liked seeing the history of the game development

Now show it in fucking action already

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Well, after all that I still want to play it so maybe there master plan worked after all!

Many want to play it, I don’t think many will want to buy it and that’s the problem.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Many want to play it, I don’t think many will want to buy it and that’s the problem.

No fucking way I'm buying that with this launch right now, with all these choices?? EHOH might be my favorite game of all time so I'm still giving it a punchers chance as they say.

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Excellent analysis Scoob, where did you come with that genius outlook?

#3797 1 year ago

MattoKan -- since you popped in here, can you tell those gathered about the music in the game, is it all dub step or what can people look forward to hearing in the game, besides, your cow-a-bongo tune -- which you know I have heard and really like.

#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

David Fix seems pretty derisive toward folks here. I get it, it's a tough crowd, but a poor look imo to be ragging on your core audience. Comes off pretty entitled.

You mean bitching and entitled like the 80-90 % of posters in this thread calling for his head and the bankruptcy of AP for the incompetence of releasing a great looking pin ? Do mean like that ?

#3799 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Compare that to JJP presentation and Eric M spends 30 minutes in front of his game and the whole time explaining and showing shots and screen and score and lights out the gazoo. I prefer the JJP model and didn’t get much from AP’s presentation. I am grateful to have watched it for my own eyes.

#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

You mean bitching and entitled like the 80-90 % of posters in this thread calling for his head and the bankruptcy of AP for the incompetence of releasing a great looking pin ? Do mean like that ?

Unfortunately the level of douchebaggery in this thread is very high.

I’m excited to play it at the Allentown Show and see how the code progresses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/76?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.