pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 147.
#3651 1 year ago

Even with cell phone footage the animation looks pretty good compared to AP games in the past. And the lighting is really well done. Happy to flip it at some point down the road. Out of all of the games that I had to take care of on location once, American and Sterns were the most reliable. Might pick a used one up at some point.

#3652 1 year ago

Question is now, will Cary Hardy sign the SE's for helping with the "reveal"?

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Even with cell phone footage the animation looks pretty good compared to AP games in the past. And the lighting is really well done. Happy to flip it at some point down the road. Out of all of the games that I had to take care of on location once, American and Sterns were the most reliable. Might pick a used one up at some point.

Their service is really good too...I had some issues with bad power supply on my NIB LOV, and they swapped out for free quickly with no issues.

#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Even with cell phone footage the animation looks pretty good compared to AP games in the past.

I agree.

The control panel framing of the LCD looks great, and the rest of the animations that aren't live action look solid so far.

#3655 1 year ago

So what's with the unpainted craft store molds??? I was hoping that's why the prototype video was pulled, but I guess that mystery is still unsolved!

#3656 1 year ago

Maybe they glow different under ultraviolet light

#3657 1 year ago

If there is an adult mode i'm in.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Loved my Oktoberfest. The only thing you guys messed up on with that game was not displaying some big titty Heidi’s in the game.
That’s why the slot machine is still so popular. Titties and beer sell

what about the monkey !?

#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Maybe they glow different under ultraviolet light

That makes sense! They did say big surprise at 5..lol! Even if this is a train wreck, I can't stop looking now!

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree.
The control panel framing of the LCD looks great, and the rest of the animations that aren't live action look solid so far.

I love that control panel with the lighting effect.

#3661 1 year ago

I’m dying to see more of the game because I swear this thing is sucking me in. It looks really polished. Maybe the weird cheese video will work just fine within the whole piece.

#3662 1 year ago

Neil, congratulations! You are single-handedly revealing every new game at TPF. I feel less bad about missing it.

Keep streaming!!

#3663 1 year ago

3d print stringing inside the spy bot. An industry first?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3664 1 year ago

Keep it up Neil. The more the merry for all!

#3665 1 year ago

So seriously how is that David Fix getting paid for this?
Low frame rate unboxing was his plan this whole time?
Asking Dennis to explain rules while everyone is talking over each other??
How could I have any faith in buying from these Bozos!

#3666 1 year ago

Gameplay looks pretty good - with Nordman I wouldn't expect less.

#3667 1 year ago

Endless reveals… that ends with cell phone video gameplay, go figure.

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

So seriously how is that David Fix getting paid for this?
Low frame rate unboxing was his plan this whole time?
Asking Dennis to explain rules while everyone is talking over each other??
How could I have any faith in buying from these Bozos!

That's what worries me. Even if it's a beautiful pin (shitty 3d prints and weird video assets aside) and it plays well... How much incompetence is baked in that we won't know until later. Small company right? So the same guy(s) in charge of all the stupid shit we've been ranting about for a week around the launch and a few weird choices in the pin are ultimately in charge of what's under the hood yeah? In charge of warranty stuff, replacement parts. etc. It just doesn't instill confidence.

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

That's what worries me. Even if it's a beautiful pin (shitty 3d prints and weird video assets aside) and it plays well... How much incompetence is baked in that we won't know until later. Small company right? So the same guy(s) in charge of all the stupid shit we've been ranting about for a week around the launch and a few weird choices in the pin are ultimately in charge of what's under the hood yeah? In charge of warranty stuff, replacement parts. etc. It just doesn't instill confidence.

I've heard nothing but good things about AP's quality personally.

#3670 1 year ago

I'm kinda digging the overall display actually. The control panel bezel and lighting on the bezel (wonder if those are controlled/interactive and rgb?) Looks great. Love that effect.

Game is looking fun, looking forward to seeing more, higher quality streams.

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

3d print stringing inside the spy bot. An industry first?
[quoted image]

Is it not a couple of LED's ?

#3672 1 year ago

I played several games on it in a private suite along with GodFather.
Thanks JJ

Winner, winner, Ice cream dinner.

I'm a buyer but the LE holds no appeal for me.

20230324_144335 (resized).jpg20230324_144335 (resized).jpg

#3673 1 year ago
#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it not a couple of LED's ?

Not sure if the obvious LEDs or wiring are what he was referring to, but someone on Cary's stream confirmed all those "spy bot" toys have rgbs in them.

That should be cool - I'm interested to see how those are coded, like multiple shots to destroy them with color changing to indicate damage level on each, or similar.

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

AP's are built like tanks and their service is excellent...Buy with confidence.

For everyone always bitching about no original themes, you really need to put your money where your mouth is and start supporting these companies that are willing to take risks.

Has this reveal been good, hell no...But I bet the pin is built like a tank, just like LOV and HW, feels great, and shoots great...So buck up

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, that should be the least of anyone's worries for this game.

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

For everyone always bitching about no original themes, you really need to put your money where your mouth is and start supporting these companies that are willing to take risks.
Has this reveal been good, hell no...But I bet the pin is built like a tank, just like LOV and HW, feels great, and shoots great...So buck up

I concur. Let’s take in all pinball can offer at this point in time. A lot of choices coming from every direction.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Last complaint from me! Clean up these wires please!
From this moment on I’m only looking for good in this pin.
I love theme and just want this pin to succeed!
Looking forward to playing this.
6D7AD106-C419-4A4E-9D6B-FA31FCB68254 (resized).jpeg6D7AD106-C419-4A4E-9D6B-FA31FCB68254 (resized).jpeg

#3679 1 year ago

Anyone find any streams yet?

I've only found this for a Big Bang Bar.

https://www.youtube.com/live/sOLA4LVTDwI?feature=share

American Pinball is in less than an hour, correct?

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I played several games on it in private suite along with God Father.
Thanks JJ
Winner winner. Ice cream dinner.
Im a buyer but the LE holds no appeal for me.
[quoted image]

GTF really pops next to GF.

I guess that extra T goes a long way.

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I played several games on it in private suite along with God Father.
Thanks JJ
Winner winner. Ice cream dinner.
Im a buyer but the LE holds no appeal for me.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Can you elaborate? What did you like about it?

#3682 1 year ago

So David Fix just showed me the 3D backglass- holy shit- its stunning, potentially the best back glass in pinball!

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So David Fix just showed me the 3D backglass- holy shit- its stunning, potentially the best back glass in pinball!

It's a bit ironic that the gimmick for LE+ models removes the ability to see the backglass.

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

It's a bit ironic that the gimmick for LE+ models removes the ability to see the backglass.

Is that really ironic

#3685 1 year ago

Dont you think?

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Tits on a bull…

#3687 1 year ago

Those center stand-ups look brutal to shoot at!

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It was hard to hear on Cary's stream, but I believe Fix said Franchi did the art in like 21 layers or something, so the lenticular 3d backglass sounds pretty sweet.

#3689 1 year ago

it must be something around that given what I saw.

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Tits on a bull…

Like alphanumeric displays and toppers?

#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And even if there are issues, AP is one of the best for handling post-sale parts/repair issues, at least in my experience. So that shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

I'm still out on this one, though. Price/value/features still are mismatched. Maybe when they run their bottom tier one or these show up on the used market...

#3692 1 year ago

The people want more footage Neil

#3693 1 year ago

I was thinking that when "some people" were somewhat unhappy with the busy back glass, it was because it needed more objects to play into the 3-D concept and make it more visually appealing. Makes sense now.

Well done, AP.

P.s. (The tank cabinet is still stupid)

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was thinking that when "some people" were somewhat unhappy with the busy back glass, it was because it needed more objects to play into the 3-D concept and make it more visually appealing. Makes sense now.
Well done, AP.
P.s. (The tank cabinet is still stupid)

Sounds to me like the Hate Train dropped off quite a few passengers at the last stop.

Now it all aboard the Galactic Space Love Ship.

#3695 1 year ago

AP hasn't really had a hit pinball machine but I'll say their quality of their builds is the best in the business from all the pins I've seen and had over the years. Nice to see them finally hit a Home Run with Galactic Tank Force....happy for Dennis Nordman he's one of the best in the business. Let the FOMO begin! Although I tend to like the tradition cabinet instead of the LE model.

#3696 1 year ago

On Cary's stream, when he asked who did the music, he was told "Matt Pern" (sp?) And "David Thiel also helped out"...

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Those center stand-ups look brutal to shoot at!

I was going to say that . Are they closer than ssaucer from AFM?

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

AP hasn't really had a hit pinball machine but I'll say their quality of their builds is the best in the business from all the pins I've seen and had over the years. Nice to see them finally hit a Home Run with Galactic Tank Force....happy for Dennis Nordman he's one of the best in the business. Let the FOMO begin! Although I tend to like the tradition cabinet instead of the LE model.

Home run?!? Are they playing in a Silo? Here's to hoping tho!

#3699 1 year ago

So, still no good gameplay video out?

#3700 1 year ago

Are they streaming the seminar? If so, what’s the link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/74?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.