pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 146.
#3401 1 year ago

Duplicate.

#3402 1 year ago

Maybe. Just maybe.

When they actually reveal the entire game tomorrow, some of you drama queens and whiners will finally stfu.

I doubt it though.

I want more cheesy acting in the game. It’s a different approach.

We will all be able to revel in a listen to our favorites PF quotes when the is finally delivered in 18 months or so. Can’t wait to play that kick ass alphanumeric. Plenty of games to play until then. Just hope I don’t die while waiting for my CCRLE and this one

This game looks like a F ing “flow monster, combo shooting machine”. Ha

I’m in for a GTF. And this is another post justifying my purchase.

If you are dropping a deuce on this game to make yourself feel better about your own choices then.

#3403 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:Yes, those are clips from the game.

Uff. My mistake.

Quoted from Zablon:

If you look at the brief glimpses we've had you see in some cases they only take up 1/4 of the screen while other things are going on.

Oh. Well, to be honest, I've seen only the official "trailer," not the teasers. Again: my mistake.

Quoted from Aurich:

You assumed wrong.

Apparently! (Much to my chagrin.)

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sorry, what you saw us the live action that will be played,

Great.

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When they actually reveal the entire game tomorrow, some of you drama queens and whiners will finally stfu.

I hope you are right...

Quoted from iceman44:

No question at all. Of all the new releases, this has the strongest B/W's vibe for sure...

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL. I don't think you need to... If you are right, and the game is a hit, you are good to go and get to say "I told you so..." If you are wrong, AP may not survive, and you will have a valuable collectible as AP's last game. I personally hope you're right. But either way, I think you've made a safe bet...

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You lost me at FF bummed you out.

FF is a decent game, it may be one of those where the gameplay and toys ultimately overshadow the Foo Fighters theme. Personally, I can't seem to connect with the street art and comic aesthetics, and the FF vibe. In my opinion, punk and grunge tends to be more of a "bummer" than a "baller" sound. However, I do have a soft spot for the Bavarian beats in Oktoberfest - hence, my taste may be a little unconventional. I want to stress that I'm not trying to bash Stern; while they may been seen as overpriced cookie cutters, I truly enjoy several of their titles, including Ghostbusters, Monopoly, and others. When it comes to GTF, we'll just have to wait and see. Given the high standards set by PF, GF, and FF, there's no room for subpar execution.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

LOL. I don't think you need to... If you are right, and the game is a hit, you are good to go and get to say "I told you so..." If you are wrong, AP may not survive, and you will have a valuable collectible as AP's last game. I personally hope your right. But either way, I think you've made a safe bet...

The demise of AP seems greatly exaggerated. Really some idiotic wild speculation for some of the hyperventilators that are spazzing out.

Same thing we have been hearing re JJP since Hobbit

Who has access to their financials?

Anyhoo. I just want the game because I like what i see already and the rest is gravy.

Then again, I liked Oktoberfest AND I paid $6k for some wood and a random smattering of parts glued to the wood

#3408 1 year ago

AP is definitely more of a Cinderella story in the pinball world, and I have a soft spot for underdogs. Despite facing significant challenges in the industry, AP has managed to produce some impressive machines that have earned them a dedicated following. As a fan of their work, I'm excited to see GTF and what they'll come up with next and hope they continue to succeed against the odds.

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We will all be able to revel in a listen to our favorites PF quotes when the is finally delivered in 18 months or so

Curious how long did it take AP to make all 500 LOV?
Seems they take a bit to produce games as well.
Can’t wait to play one tomorrow.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

FF is a decent game, it may be one of those where the gameplay and toys ultimately overshadow the Foo Fighters theme. Personally, I can't seem to connect with the street art and comic aesthetics, and the FF vibe. In my opinion, punk and grunge tends to be more of a "bummer" than a "baller" sound. However, I do have a soft spot for the Bavarian beats in Oktoberfest - hence, my taste may be a little unconventional. I want to stress that I'm not trying to bash Stern; while they may been seen as overpriced cookie cutters, I truly enjoy several of their titles, including Ghostbusters, Monopoly, and others. When it comes to GTF, we'll just have to wait and see. Given the high standards set by PF, GF, and FF, there's no room for subpar execution.

There is literally nothing in FF. Artwork covers it up.

It’s AS 2.0. If you like the band I’m sure it’s great. Good for everybody that got one.

But it’s the same old shit for me and I like AS better.

Even still, I won’t be dropping deuces all over the FF hype thread! Because I could care less

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That they DIDN'T EVEN CLEAN UP. They could have processed those to make a better impression for the big reveal. They just didn't.
Check out the stuff Medisinyl Mods does. His are FDM and they look GREAT, but he does a lot of post-processing.

At least paint them!! Assuming you aren't gonna ship them like this(they paint their toys on other pins), why oh why would you not spend an hour or two painting the toys on the one machine you are sending the YouTube guy to show the world??

Even if the machine looks and plays great...I just don't know if I want a machine made by the same people that could botch so many things

#3412 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Curious hoe long did it take AP to make all 500 LOV?
Seems they take a bit to produce games as well.

I’m not sure because I didn’t get one of those Vino but I know for damn sure how long I’ve been waiting on CCRLE

And so does everybody else

CGC is infamous now.

Maybe they were able to source those alphanumeric display much quicker!

AP says 4-6 weeks

#3413 1 year ago

I don’t think this is the demise of AP, but I’m getting serious Dewey Cox “black sheep” vibes. I’m wondering if letting Nordman build his space-tank game unrestricted from the binds of logic and reason was a way to nail him down for Whitewater 2.

But if it features a live action dude in a yeti suit…

A1AEA189-CABB-484D-BD51-119F328B7512.gifA1AEA189-CABB-484D-BD51-119F328B7512.gif
#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

But if it features a live action dude in a yeti suit…

That would actually be hilarious...

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Even if the machine looks and plays great...I just don't know if I want a machine made by the same people that could botch so many things

Really even if it looks and plays great two key components of pinball you don’t know? Tough crowd

#3416 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Has the gelato maker been confirmed or denied? What if the gelato shoots out of the bottom mounted pleasure cannon while taking pics through the screw/camera/lightshow hole in the magnetic flip up front that actually retracts to display a simple electro-magnetic tank fighting game in the head.
Or no?

This post didnt age well.
Or no?

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

At least paint them!! Assuming you aren't gonna ship them like this(they paint their toys on other pins), why oh why would you not spend an hour or two painting the toys on the one machine you are sending the YouTube guy to show the world??

Come on dude. Wtf. Botching pinball is par for the course. Who doesn’t? Seriously

Check out just about every other pin thread

#3418 1 year ago

I can't fault anyone who wants this, if it blows yer pleated skirt up like ol' bandy legs. But I think I will be just fine playing this at YOUR house after you bring it home, or on site because, ooff! Proffesor Bumblefuck and his giggly sprinkles would have me piercing my own eardrums. But maybe and preferably piercing just the cones on the cabinet speakers if the coin door is locked and I can't just turn the volume down.

There's camp and then there is schlock. I love camp, my MB falls in the campy arena, AFM, RFM, BBB, Eatpm, SS, EHoH, hell even Fish Tales is a campy finger poke at anglers. WN:BJM is retro pinball campy schlock, which didnt sell well. NGG is super golf campy, so is Tee'd Off. Camp is all over pinball and when it lands it is pure comedic gold.

That trailer landed with the sound of 2 tons of pure lead poisoning, and as some have noted with less production values than a high school sketch act for the yearly senior talent contest, with Prof Giggly Bumblefuck played by the Senior principle.

People will buy this, and even like it, but I just hope this isnt like TS4 part II to use a JJP reference in a AP thread.

#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe. Just maybe.
I doubt it though.
I want more cheesy acting in the game. It’s a different approach.
We will all be able to revel in a listen to our favorites PF quotes when the is finally delivered in 18 months or so. Can’t wait to play that kick ass alphanumeric. Plenty of games to play until then. Just hope I don’t die while waiting for my CCRLE and this one
If you are dropping a deuce on this game to make yourself feel better about your own choices then.

I’m in too.

#3420 1 year ago

Big difference between campy and cringe.

If I was AP I would get a video of gameplay out using the base model with the black trims and gear it towards the playfield and gameplay. Talk tank and animation videos later. The way the game plays is most important.

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m not sure because I didn’t get one of those Vino but I know for damn sure how long I’ve been waiting on CCRLE
And so does everybody else
CGC is infamous now.
Maybe they were able to source those alphanumeric display much quicker!
AP says 4-6 weeks

Fiannlly received my ccrle last week after a 15 month wait......I will say I'm very impressed with its quality and all the nice extra touches they added especially for the price point these day's....absolutely beautifully overbuilt behemoth particularly the topper. Was worth the wait so just hang in there old buddy as they really seem to b building them fairly quickly now.

#3422 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

So adding film grain, scanlines, whatever suddenly makes these videos go from cringe to campy for you? I guess I can appreciate what they're doing without the artificial props...

I get what people are saying. It may not make it blockbuster, but it would be like turning off the the settings on your tv that lead to the 'soap opera effect'. It just makes it appear better.

#3423 1 year ago

Anyone know if this will be at Midwest Gaming Classic next week?

#3424 1 year ago

Am I the only one that thinks a bunch of salaried workers at a manufacturing company putting their signatures on the apron is super egotistical?

I think that about all the manufacturers that do that. It's so weird to me.

#3425 1 year ago

I love American Pinball games. I am in on GTF because of my experiences with their other pins and customer service. To me it feels like they really care about the people who play pinball. I constantly see employees from AP on pinside like Rosh and others always helping (Rosh isn't even there anymore and is still here, helping others, thank you so much btw.) One time I commented about my Oktoberfest having issues here on pinside and a few hours later AP called me on the phone to assist me. What company does that?!

I also love AP games for their code. Houdini and Oktoberfest have some of the best coding I have ever played on a pinball machine. Every mode is unique, fun, and tells a story. You can tell by the intricacies of the coding that there was a lot of time and love into them. I have played those games a thousand times and they still evoke a fist pump out of me every time I play.

So I am not worried about the cringy, campy, 3D printed, fmv, tank folding, giggling sprinkles that others are complaining about. I know when I open the box for my new American Pinball machine, I will be getting a fun to play, well built, well coded, and well supported pinball machine that i will cherish for a long time.

I can't wait!

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

@zablon, it’s my understanding that GTF will be at MGC next weekend. One of the main reasons I’m going!

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe. Just maybe.

I think only about 3 people here are hating on the game. The rest are hating on the presentation and cringy video.

When there is silence in the pinball world, we all feel we must fill the void while we opine like desperate wolves looking for prey.

Hopefully, we will se some good gameplay video so we can put the other garbage in the rear view mirror.

I will say, as stupid as that tank cabinet looks, the lower-end models do look stunning. Hopefully it is a FUN shooter!

#3428 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe the 3D printed parts are on proto games only. If so, please note that the boxed GTF games at TPF are numbered GTFP001 et cetera. And the "P" could stand for prototype, so the games at TPF could also be protos. Since games are to ship in 6 to 12 weeks (according to some distributors), maybe there is time for production sculpts to be molded instead of 3D printed.

If you watch the recent AP behind the scenes video with David Fix you can see they have a 3D printing farm to make game parts. And Oktoberfest toys were switched to 3D prints at some point. Extremely unlikely it’s changing for GTF at this point.

#3429 1 year ago

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Zablon, it’s my understanding that GTF will be at MGC next weekend. One of the main reasons I’m going!

Zablon badfish981 See you guys there!

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If AP took the time to get games to Texas,
Then count on Midwest Game Classic.
It would be foolish not to....

#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

If AP took the time to get games to Texas,
Then count on Midwest Game Classic.
It would be foolish not to....

Never been before so just asking.

#3433 1 year ago

Was that the wonderful Tim Curry in the trailer? haha

#3434 1 year ago

Isn’t there an old saying that bad publicity is good publicity? Maybe we have all been had by Fix. Ha! I wish one of these companies would engage Kaneda and let him do a launch. That would be entertaining.

#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I wish one of these companies would engage Kaneda and let him do a launch.

+1

#3436 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For these pretty simple parts? No, they're not. You amortize the cost of the mold over the run. So, for a VERY SIMPLE part, say $5k for the mold. And if you're AP and making a thousand of them because all the AP pins are a raging success and everyone has the sales wrong, that's $5 per machine for the mold amortization. Then another couple bucks for the actual part made with the mold.
Using 3D printed parts for a LOT of parts on $9,000-$17,500 machines is wrong. They're only doing it because they can't afford to amortize the mold cost for, say 10 custom parts ($50k-$100k, just for the molds, before any parts are made with them) across the small number of machines they're selling. You're either spending the money to be a player or you're out of the game. AP is past the inflection point.

Says the man who sells his flipper cooling system with parts made with a 3d printer and other stuff too. Charges way too much. How about selling your bracketes for $5 each and people who are tech savvy like me can install our own fans?

#3437 1 year ago
C4D4A0C6-21FB-4853-81EF-29BD7503DBBC.gifC4D4A0C6-21FB-4853-81EF-29BD7503DBBC.gif
#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Was that the wonderful Tim Curry in the trailer? haha

That was from a different game, totally not related to or included in GTF

#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Never been before so just asking.

Sorry if I came across a bit rough.

#3440 1 year ago

The REAL travesty is that Hilton is not in this thread, defending every one of APs moves and declaring it all part of a 5D chess masterplan. One that we, per usual, are plain too dumb to understand.

The magical days of this forum, I miss them more than fair pricing

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

That was from a different game, totally not related to or included in GTF

Awww. What machine is Tim Curry involved with? I must know more....

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Isn’t there an old saying that bad publicity is good publicity?

Any publicity is good publicity.

But that saying is usually applied when something unforeseen or negative happens and thrusts the business into the public eye.

This rollout was intentional, and hopefully, unintentionally lacking.

#3443 1 year ago

As that overview video was taken down, I can't recall everything it showed - but I thought the 3d printed parts had LEDs inside them which may have made them glow etc.
Again I could be wrong, but maybe that's why they look kind of dull.

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The signature model doesn't seem worth the price,

Does the value of Fix's signature on the apron go up or down once AP fires him?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Isn’t there an old saying that bad publicity is good publicity? .

The saying is, "There's no such thing as bad press." Implying that even if people are saying bad things about you, its better than them not talking about you at all. Im sure it has a large ring of truth but is a narcissistic cliche.

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

[quoted image]

IDK but if Josh had something to do with code and art direction and isn’t credited that’s kind of low.

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

The REAL travesty is that Hilton is not in this thread, defending every one of APs moves and declaring it all part of a 5D chess masterplan. One that we, per usual, are plain too dumb to understand.

You make a crowd of one.

#3448 1 year ago

What is up with the ice cream cone?

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

He is still here...he was being his usual contrarian self downvoting posts the other day.

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

[quoted image]

Who else should've had their signature there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/69?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.