pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 146.
#3301 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Bummer that other video was taken down. I had just started watching in when I got a call, paused it, and when I came back to finish it was gone
Anyone able to comment on what it showed?

the only thing we learned, honestly, was that a little alien pops out of the tank sometimes.
Oh and got a closer look at some really shitty looking unpainted 3d printed toys.

He said his gameplay vid would come today, or tomorrow. But then this video got taken down so who the fuck knows

#3302 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Bummer that other video was taken down. I had just started watching in when I got a call, paused it, and when I came back to finish it was gone

Playfield overview while in attract mode. There were close-ups of the pop bumpers, ball lock, mirrored planet. The only thing new was he lifted the lid on the tank toy in the middle. Inside is a robot that pops up, but in the video you just see the top of its head.

No gameplay other than that shown in yesterday's video.

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

a little alien pops out of the tank sometimes.

I'm guessing they wanted at least a few hundred people at TPF to enjoy that surprise in person, unspoiled by videos. Like in the old days, you'd walk into a bar, play TAF, the hand would come out, and you'd be like "whaaat?!?"

#3304 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Not much to it. Non-pinball intro clips. Then another 20 seconds of quick pinball clips very similar to the clips sprinkled (pun intended) into the trailer yesterday except these were just all one after the other. Then camera showing playfield starting from the top and gradually moving down toward the bottom.

Narrator said he’s editing gameplay video that he hopes to have up today or tomorrow.

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm guessing they wanted at least a few hundred people at TPF to enjoy that surprise in person, unspoiled by videos. Like in the old days, you'd walk into a bar, play TAF, the hand would come out, and you'd be like "whaaat?!?"

A lot more impressive with Thing though because it actually grabs the ball.

This is like a MM troll that you don't actually hit with the ball (unless the tank lowers into the PF, which it seemingly doesnt)

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A lot more impressive with Thing though because it actually grabs the ball.
This is like a MM troll that you don't actually hit with the ball (unless the tank lowers into the PF, which it seemingly doesnt)

Nope, Just another Dennis Nordman look-alike head on a playfield.

#3307 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Had a quick walk through going over the playfield, maybe another 20 second or so of gameplay that wasn't in the reveal trailer.

There wasn't much to it, half was his footage from the reveal. But the main things that jumped out to me were just cosmetic mostly
:
- The custom LED pop bumpers actually look to each have a number of controllable LEDs in each, both cap and body, if I saw it correctly, so they had wave effects and such with the lighting. Actually looked pretty cool.
- The tank hatch opens (he lifted it open and you could see a grey figure down in the tank) and he stated a "robot" pops up to taunt you.
- The planet body/core is lit seemingly separately from the rings. It looked pretty sweet too I thought.
- Had a few brief sounds from the gameplay, the spinner jumped out with an interesting effect.

That's about all I got before I closed the window, not realizing it had been removed...

#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

So what you're saying is you love the game when it's not playable? A true vote of confidence!!!

Because it's a prototype and probably doesn't shoot well or have code that's anywhere near complete? Because AP's marketing plan on this game is probably a whatsapp group chat between Dave Fix and whoever will tell him what he wants to hear? Take your pick they're probably both right!

It just looks super cool when it’s folded.....but I think that is the point of its design. The first game I remember where the added time was spent to make it look cool folded as well.

Game looks good open too. It also looks like it will be fun to play. So I am not sure what you are saying, so I like it’s look closed up as a tank…..it’s cool….not sure how that measures my confidence or lack there of.

#3310 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

and you'd be like "whaaat?!?"

Hope TPF can 1up the reveal!
Let’s Go AP!
FE17FDB3-ED69-4F4D-AB47-141350CBEA5F.gifFE17FDB3-ED69-4F4D-AB47-141350CBEA5F.gif

#3311 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Common misconception, but the pin was released a full year before the film, and in development a year before that. I mean I'm sure the Williams guys grew up on Mars Attacks trading cards or whatever.

Yeah I mean the original, not the Burton film. All the themes are there from the cards. Attacking the cities, size changing rays, etc

D2612025-D6A9-4E45-B117-9809D36DBB65 (resized).jpegD2612025-D6A9-4E45-B117-9809D36DBB65 (resized).jpeg
#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Fix didn’t fix AP, he broke it. He needs to go.

Quoted for future reference.

#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I mean the original, not the Burton film. All the themes are there from the cards. Attacking the cities, size changing rays, etc[quoted image]

I like the lunchbox and thermos idea. Doing a limited run of some trading cards isn't a bad idea either to help market the game and explain the backstory.

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I mean the original, not the Burton film. All the themes are there from the cards. Attacking the cities, size changing rays, etc[quoted image]

Nevermind mars attacks, I want dinosaurs attack!

picture_5_5 (resized).jpgpicture_5_5 (resized).jpg
#3315 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Nevermind mars attacks, I want dinosaurs attack!
[quoted image]

You have Godzilla or Jurassic Park (pick one of the three) for that.

#3316 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

the only thing we learned, honestly, was that a little alien pops out of the tank sometimes.
Oh and got a closer look at some really shitty looking unpainted 3d printed toys.
He said his gameplay vid would come today, or tomorrow. But then this video got taken down so who the fuck knows

970EAFA6-3FC0-4289-9ADA-B58EF2D092E8 (resized).jpeg970EAFA6-3FC0-4289-9ADA-B58EF2D092E8 (resized).jpeg
#3317 1 year ago

This is such a weird reveal. I know many are in the game sucks category but for people like me, who actually kind of like what they see - WHERE THE F is the gameplay AP? Seriously? Why hold it back. I was so so on PF until I saw SDTM’s video on it and I bought one after watching. Why not show the goods? No offense to TPF, but why hold it until then? There is something called the internet.

Show your game. Don’t be scared.

#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is such a weird reveal. I know many are in the game sucks category but for people like me, who actually kind of like what they see - WHERE THE F is the gameplay AP? Seriously? Why hold it back. I was so so on PF until I saw SDTM’s video on it and I bought one after watching. Why not show the goods? No offense to TPF, but why hold it until then? There is something called the internet.

The air has gone out of this balloon on this reveal, its unbelievable. There was so much excitement about this, rampant speculation and everyone was looking forward to it, yet here we are.

#3319 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

It will be in front of thousands of people tomorrow. Sit tight.

#3320 1 year ago

This abomination of a “reveal” makes me angry
pinball should not do that
well pinball doesn’t actually do that but AP has done that, don’t worry I’ll get over it.
The reveal after the reveal (TPF) if that’s the plan will be to little to late
Unless…..the glass automaticaly slides out then the playfield lifts up and a mini tank drives out and shoots out a little flag that unfurls to read “SUCKERS”

#3321 1 year ago

Yeah the reveal is the weirdest thing ever, it really should all have hit in one go - with the folding tank of the LE/SE actually revealed right at the end. The game itself and the amazing artwork should have taken front and centre - and then the last thing would be, PLUS it folds into an actual tank! I think that would have worked a lot better, but what do I know I'm not in marketing.

I love the look of the deluxe model though - still eagerly awaiting gameplay.

#3322 1 year ago

Worry not my friends. Someone with a potatoe camera will happily submit a video of a novice flailing the ball around without anything happening.

You’re welcome.

#3323 1 year ago

I still have strong interest in this pin but please don’t let my 2nd impression come via cell phone footage .Please don’t .

#3324 1 year ago

If I owned AP, someone would be losing their job over this terrible rollout of this game.

#3325 1 year ago

Seems kinda selfish of David to hold on to this so long for his “show”. I’m kinda surprised AP agreed to this.

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It will be in front of thousands of people tomorrow. Sit tight.

I'm sure we will get an accurate response from 800 smelly pinheads that are sporting chubbies at a nerd fest... Smh

Game play video please

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

please don’t let my 2nd impression come via cell phone footage

Log off for a few days I guess.

#3328 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Seems kinda selfish of David to hold on to this so long for his “show”. I’m kinda surprised AP agreed to this.

I think you’re thinking of Pinball Expo? Fix doesn’t have anything to do with TPF to my knowledge. (And I think he doesn’t help run Expo anymore? Not positive on that)

#3329 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah the reveal is the weirdest thing ever, it really should all have hit in one go - with the folding tank of the LE/SE actually revealed right at the end. The game itself and the amazing artwork should have taken front and centre - and then the last thing would be, PLUS it folds into an actual tank! I think that would have worked a lot better, but what do I know I'm not in marketing.
I love the look of the deluxe model though - still eagerly awaiting gameplay.

I’m sure there’s all kinds of sophisticated marketing techniques based on psychology and other fields but you don’t need any of that to understand this blunder. These guys failed marketing 101

#3330 1 year ago

For AP’s next game release just do “everything” opposite to this release and should be good to go

#3331 1 year ago

Cracks me up how everyone is pearl clutching on this release like you're not going to line up to buy like a bunch of lemmings. Doesn't matter how the release went, won't affect sales one but because we're all addicts.

#3332 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Cracks me up how everyone is pearl clutching on this release like you're not going to line up to buy like a bunch of lemmings. Doesn't matter how the release went, won't affect sales one but because we're all addicts.

You have noticed the wealth of choice right now, right?

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just get all of them

#3334 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

A bunch of us already bought 1 or 2 of the other 10 games announced recently…even a bunch of the addicts will pass on this. Not pearl clutching, just observing what a botched launch this is.

#3335 1 year ago

Admit I was ready to buy but from what I have seen so far I bailed . I did of course go total Lemming for FF and PF.

#3336 1 year ago

For all the pre launch rumour and hype that this thing was a "packed world under glass", I'm not seeing it on the playfield. Maybe they meant the tank was a "packed world outside the glass". A great art package and some nice wireforms makes it seem packed, but other than that....meh.

Actually, there is almost a whole world under glass just around the flippers.

#3337 1 year ago

Is there an official Galactic Tank Force owners thread because I am locking in on a Deluxe.

#3338 1 year ago

The problem isn’t the game it’s this weird drip feed launch. Our collective knee jerk reaction was bound to be negative at multiple times during this thing. Now you can preorder already?

#3339 1 year ago

While I went from being very excited to slightly disappointed over the course of the last few days, I don't understand why people jump to conclusions so soon.

Sure, what we considers as the reveal so far has sucked for a good amount of us, but I don't understand why people don't have the patience to wait untill after TPF, it's only a couple of days after all - It's not like weeks or months additional wait time.

It's so interesting how fast people will go from 'IM IN' to 'IM OUT' and then even potentially back to 'IM IN'.

#3340 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

While I went from being very excited to slightly disappointed over the course of the last few days, I don't understand why people jump to conclusions so soon.
Sure, what we considers as the reveal so far has sucked for a good amount of us, but I don't understand why people don't have the patience to wait untill after TPF, it's only a couple of days after all - It's not like weeks or months additional wait time.
It's so interesting how fast people will go from 'IM IN' to 'IM OUT' and then even potentially back to 'IM IN'.

It's all the rage here on pinside!

#3341 1 year ago

Meh, I’m more let down by what I’ve seen from GF and PF. But I am reserving judgement till I play them all.

#3342 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Meh, I’m more let down by what I’ve seen from GF and PF. But I am reserving judgement till I play them all.

For me GF surprised on the upside and PF was always going to be an insta-buy even if it was a bagatelle. FF was the biggest no to go turnaround in pinball history. GTF is just like an overhyped balloon slowly deflating for me. Being last to announce during this March Madness, and doing it poorly, was always going to be a tough ask. Not to say it's a bad game, but for me it's the bottom of the pile now. It's just another game. Of course I could be blown away when I actually get to play one, but that could be 2-3 years down here.

#3343 1 year ago

Has anyone bought one yet?

#3344 1 year ago

A couple screenshots from the taken down video.

2023-03-23_19-33-29 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-33-29 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-34-22 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-34-22 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-34-57 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-34-57 (resized).png

2023-03-23_19-38-28 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-38-28 (resized).png

2023-03-23_19-40-30 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-40-30 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-40-54 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-40-54 (resized).png

2023-03-23_19-43-15 (resized).png2023-03-23_19-43-15 (resized).png
#3345 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, but it's all about timing. If it's a good game people will buy regardless of the launch. Maybe missed the boat on some fomo purchases but that boat has sailed hard with so many releases and being last to market.

#3346 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:A couple screenshots from the taken down video.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oh.good. the tank, the main toy/mech, is fdm printed too. Really really need these to be prototypes... But pretty sure they aren't.

#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's tough. Not only do you have all the amazing new games coming out, but what could be the last runs of IMDN, deadpool,

Oh.good. the tank, the main toy/mech, is fdm printed too. Really really need these to be prototypes... But pretty sure they aren't.

All the toys on Oktoberfest and LOV are 3D printed, and they don't look bad. Better than screen printed plastics.

#3348 1 year ago

Hold on to your ray guns, space cadets! It looks like that sneaky second video might have come straight out of Arcade Hollywood's BarnCade, just like in the official AP Galactic Tank Force trailer. And rumor has it, it might even feature the same prototype GTF machine from his teaser video. Could these toys be 3D printed pre-production models straight out of Plotniks Lab? While we wait for more updates, I'll be lubing up with some ice cream and checking out a few 90s "classics" that just might happen to feature the lovely Kerri Hoskins. Who knew space and ice cream could go together like two peas in a pod? Let's hope these toys are as satisfying as this sweet treat and those on-screen performances!

#3349 1 year ago

duplicate.

#3350 1 year ago

If they have games in boxes, why are we seeing video of prototypes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/67?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.