pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 147.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Update- I checked, the video (and all of their videos) is definitely set to “made for kids” so comments were automatically turned off. So no conspiracy here
———-
I suspect that either AP or YouTube deemed the video should be classified as “made for kids” so it automatically disabled comments

No. They could have changed that to allow comments. They know when you choose made for kids, comments are disabled. If they don’t then that’s really sad. On a positive note the deluxe artwork looks amazing. I really like it.

The wife liked the trailer.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I would say they can try….are people really gonna buy it? 5500 for a different backglass on an unlicensed IP? I just don’t see how anyone can justify that. The best looking version of the game is arguably the deluxe and it has all the same gameplay features.

Not to be argumentative, but why would they need to justify anything to you? Remember, its still pinball and still fun, if someone wants to pay for more "fun", whatever that means, good on them.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Not really a big deal, but can’t imagine saying...

It seems as though the entire trailer was produced by Arcade Hollywood in his BarnCade, rather than by American Pinball...

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.12.20 PM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.12.20 PM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.16.36 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.16.36 PM (resized).png
#3004 1 year ago

Some interesting shots from the video.

The cow hangs freely from the swinging UFO by wire or something, so it and the UFO really move around from hits. Magnet in left orbit, stops balls for the lab lock VUK
Screenshot_20230322-211238 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-211238 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-211324 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-211324 (resized).png

Picture from left orbit towards right orbit, can see the one way gate and spinner for right orbit shot. You can lso really see the planet well from this view, rings are obviously lit from behind the back panel, hopefully to good effect.
Screenshot_20230322-221243 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-221243 (resized).png

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

It seems as though..

Here is the same glove featured in the official trailer, and it's on a prototype machine!
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.20.53 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.20.53 PM (resized).png

#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I would say they can try….are people really gonna buy it? 5500 for a different backglass on an unlicensed IP? I just don’t see how anyone can justify that. The best looking version of the game is arguably the deluxe and it has all the same gameplay features.

People spend thousands on toppers and LE/CEs that only have cosmetic fluff vs. Premiums sell out instantly and get scalped for several thousands more than MSRP. No Stern LE or JJP CE have additional items that truly justify the extra cost. It’s all about artificial scarcity.

The market causes these prices. A manufacturer would be financially irresponsible not offering a limited collectors edition with insane margins as long as people throw crazy money onto a fancy back glass or signed certificate.

#3007 1 year ago

Can see the tank has a spring/coil mech of some kind that causes it to react and move when the targets are bashed.

A shot to those targets can raise the center post at least some of the time, just popped up in this second shot after targets hit.

Screenshot_20230322-211347 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-211347 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-211522 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230322-211522 (resized).png
#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

WTF .. GTF?! GTFO.

PF FTW IMO!

#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

It seems as though the entire trailer was produced by Arcade Hollywood in his BarnCade, rather than by American Pinball...[quoted image][quoted image]

At the end of that video he says gameplay footage will be out today as well. Hopefully soon if not today.

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No. They could have changed that to allow comments. They know when you choose made for kids, comments are disabled. If they don’t then that’s really sad. On a positive note the deluxe artwork looks amazing. I really like it.
The wife liked the trailer.

All of their videos are marked "made for kids"

I have no idea why they would do that unless a lawyer forced them. Their videos are pretty clearly ok to be marked "not made for kids" Selecting MFK limits how YT will suggest their videos in the algorithm. Kinda strange that they would select it - but I really doubt YT selected it for them.

If they don't want comments on their videos they could easily just turn comments off.

#3011 1 year ago

LMAO, it's a pinball showdown! PF & GTF , game-changers FTW! IMHO, let's flip out on both and embrace the pinball renaissance!

#3012 1 year ago

I was thinking about saying it doesn’t have to be black and white footage to look era appropriate. It could look like one of those updated colorized movies Ted Turner loved to make.

But then I remember I’ve seen two minutes of mostly cutscenes and should wait and see how the complete package comes together.

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Can see the tank has a spring/coil mech of some kind that causes it to react and move when the targets are bashed.
A shot to those targets can raise the center post at least some of the time, just popped up in this second shot after targets hit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe the tank goes up and down like the Dr Who mech

#3014 1 year ago

Of this whole crazy experiment, this is the bit I really dislike. There's almost a whole separate game in that flipper area alone. Might be just personal bias, but I hate when games f*ck around with traditional Italian bottoms (oh my). Banana flippers, up posts, metal drain posts, double flippers, non standard gaps. Here we have double metal drain posts, with twin drain lanes with extra wide flipper gap and a humungous pop up disc in one game. Just one of those would be too much for me. Might be ok on location, at a show, or at the PHOF for a few plays when you're looking for something novel, but no way I could play this regularly in my home collection.

pinside.6cc32b78b51d876cc5a9391cd89e86ec56c67e5a (resized).pngpinside.6cc32b78b51d876cc5a9391cd89e86ec56c67e5a (resized).png

#3015 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Of this whole crazy experiment, this is the bit I really dislike. There's almost a whole separate game in that flipper area alone. Might be just personal bias, but I hate when games f*ck around with traditional Italian bottoms (oh my). Banana flippers, up posts, metal drain posts, double flippers, non standard gaps. Here we have double metal drain posts, with twin drain lanes with extra wide flipper gap and a humungous pop up disc in one game. Just one of those would be too much for me. Might be ok on location, at a show, or at the PHOF for a few plays when you're looking for something novel, but no way I could play this regularly in my home collection.
[quoted image]

But have you played it?

#3016 1 year ago

Has anyone on here played this thing and care too offer your review please

#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

I can't necessarily disagree - I'm not super amped for these changes down at the flippers/center drain either. I'd have rather seen something creative with some outlane save posts/gates and such vs this weird center drain config. But I need to see more/play it...

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

I didn't even notice that, are there kickers there? Or does the ball drain?

#3019 1 year ago

The live action scenes remind me of those laser tag shows Photon and Captain Power that used to be in syndication hell in the 80s. 351483CB-6D2C-416E-9C51-142A6A9CD3AA (resized).jpeg351483CB-6D2C-416E-9C51-142A6A9CD3AA (resized).jpeg7240C195-1F38-48A2-AA01-5DC5D2674567 (resized).jpeg7240C195-1F38-48A2-AA01-5DC5D2674567 (resized).jpeg

4A5C578A-1468-4CF7-811E-8701CD47EE17 (resized).jpeg4A5C578A-1468-4CF7-811E-8701CD47EE17 (resized).jpegDA0F2A77-BF38-4EE6-B95F-6766E293E432 (resized).jpegDA0F2A77-BF38-4EE6-B95F-6766E293E432 (resized).jpegB6D20F16-2E56-44F7-B8A2-CC449E9CA3DE (resized).jpegB6D20F16-2E56-44F7-B8A2-CC449E9CA3DE (resized).jpeg3DA9CB11-075E-4729-9DF0-1214D0CF1059 (resized).jpeg3DA9CB11-075E-4729-9DF0-1214D0CF1059 (resized).jpeg30F1DFC8-40AF-4A67-8FA2-B592AC01E246 (resized).jpeg30F1DFC8-40AF-4A67-8FA2-B592AC01E246 (resized).jpegF4524342-A711-4528-8E7B-F352D2B33300 (resized).jpegF4524342-A711-4528-8E7B-F352D2B33300 (resized).jpeg
#3020 1 year ago

as someone who grew up on MST3K I can see what they're doing with the acting. I love that they're trying something entirely new here, and looking forward to the actual gameplay. A bit of a mistake to showcase so much of the acting in the video imho.
(I like the Wheel of Fortune style bottom area.)

Can't wait to see this in a tournament and have the audio cranked WAY UP to mess with people.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I didn't even notice that, are there kickers there? Or does the ball drain?

Looks like the lanes can be lit for ballsave (lucky break) .. lights are near the apron for each side.

I don't think the flipper gap looked very much wider...

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

But have you played it?

No, but I've played enough games with non standard flipper setups to know I don't like it.

You may love it though. I'm not saying it's a mistake - just it's not for me.

#3023 1 year ago

Is it clear that the live action scenes in the trailer are even what will be shown on the screen in the game? This reveal revealed so little about how the game actually plays.

#3024 1 year ago

Hopefully a location near me invests in one of these. They will have my business for the foreseeable future.

#3025 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Looks like the lanes can be lit for ballsave (lucky break) .. lights are near the apron for each side.
I don't think the flipper gap looked very much wider...

That's got to be wider?
pf (resized).jpegpf (resized).jpeg

Have to admit though, the posts being well behind the flippers makes them not as intrusive as others. Say like WNBJ

whoanellie3a (resized).jpgwhoanellie3a (resized).jpg

#3026 1 year ago

Hell yes! Wheels down in Vegas and beers up. Let’s go!

Fun times. Gotta love it. What I miss?

#3027 1 year ago

I think the video scenes are totally cool and campy if they run while the ball is in motion, and also do not repeat (much) during the same game. If the ball gets held up and everything stops to make you watch them (like EHoH), that's a different animal and then more folks will find themselves allergic.

#3028 1 year ago

I get why some folks aren't on-board for the live action, even if the critique is more about the direction/acting. How that fits with gameplay and callouts is yet to be seen. Even then, not for everyone.

One thing AP does well is deeply hidden callouts. I've yet to reproduce the one time I got "Lucky Lederhosen!" on my Oktoberfest.

So for those that are excited for the game, I hope GTF has fun, rare, live action callouts that are funny as hell.

#3029 1 year ago

A good player, will play those posts behind the flippers like WNBJM!
Respect the bounce is all I can say

#3030 1 year ago

I’m glad to have grown up with a steady diet of crappy fringe TV shows, movies, anime, and the like- to make this reveal exceed ALL my expectations.
This game looks like pure Nordman FUN and I’m so happy he finally got to make it, with I’m guessing(?) very little compromise.

@DennisNordman, if you’re reading this…
AWESOME JOB!
Can’t wait to play it!

Sorry I couldn’t make it to TPF so I could grab a Marco pinstool and give you a proper “Nordman-sized hug” in person! lol

#3031 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Of course, those posts are there to be played. Whether it's fun to play is subjective.

Also, those posts were from a different era with different style of gameplay. Not sure how well they'll translate to modern, faster games and full size flippers.

Is the double post setup a first for full sized flippers?

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Source for sales number? Seems like BS.

Someone who would definitely know for everything except LoV, and these are pre-pandemic, so I don't know what happened in the pandemic, but it didn't turn magical and everything double. AP makes low numbers of pins, slowly. These GTFo "limited" numbers are extremely aspirational.

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hell yes! Wheels down in Vegas and beers up. Let’s go!
Fun times. Gotta love it. What I miss?

Why in the world are you checking Pinside when you’re on vacation in Vegas? Seriously dude. Just turn off Pinside for one day. You’ll survive. I promise.

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m glad to have grown up with a steady diet of crappy fringe TV shows, movies, anime, and the like.
This game is pure Nordman FUN and I’m so happy he finally got to make it, with I’m guessing(?) very little compromise.
DennisNordman, if you’re reading this…AWESOME JOB!
Can’t wait to play it!
Sorry I couldn’t make it to TPF so I could grab a Marco stool and give you a proper “Nordman-sized hug” in person! lol

Game will be a good one! I can feel it!!

#3035 1 year ago

Ok, that acting, whew!

This would be absolutely perfect if the call outs were as well written and performed as AFM or even RFM. The "did it with cardboard walls in a garage" or as someone pointed out, "in an arcade barn" schtick would be way less cringy if it had just a sliver of voice talent behind it. This looks like those cringe-worthy workplace morale-boost videos or multi-level marketing propaganda videos, or one of those videos they do to pump up the Time-Share sales force at the yearly company retreat.

It makes Flash Gordan (either the serials or the Queen movie) look like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy in comparison. I hate to say it, but that video gave me a bad case of the Buster Crabbes...

#3036 1 year ago

Whew ! Took me all day to catch up with the reading ! So my take is - it was announced before hand they had filmed their live action camp and everyone was excited about the game . Then - lo and behold- they revealed that’s exactly what they did and now they’re a pariah on the pinball community and bankruptcy is imminent . Head scratcher . I get it if it’s not your thing but they released exactly what had been building excitement for a month . Personally , I love it ! The acting was just what I expected and I think the clips will integrate well ( I’m sure we haven’t seen anything yet - relax ) . I was considering the LE before release but since the deluxe has all game features , and a great looking cabinet , and costs less ….. gotta go with that model . Honestly I’m surprised the deluxe isn’t a huge hit after all the praise this has been getting up to today . I will concede that no standard , location model being pumped out first and building interest is a mistake but game looks good and I’m in !

#3037 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Looks like the center post shield will be bouncy, too - isn't that a rubber on there?

Pinside_forum_7487427_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7487427_0 (resized).png
#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Why in the world are you checking Pinside when you’re on vacation in Vegas? Seriously dude. Just turn off Pinside for one day. You’ll survive. I promise.

I’m in the cab on the way to Caesars. Beer in hand. Ready to roll.

It’s Galatic tank baby, not Pinside!!!

But I’ll be signing off. Wife chastising me right now

#3039 1 year ago

The trailer explains nothing about ice cream? They still have failed to communicate what it has to do with the theme?
The whole trailer reminds me of the terrible videos you have to watch while waiting in line for an amusement ride. Here at Kings Island you have to watch this bad video before riding Flight of Fear. Same idea.

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m in the cab on the way to Caesars. Beer in hand. Ready to roll.
It’s Galatic tank baby, not Pinside!!!
But I’ll be signing off. Wife chastising me right now

Rightfully so. Get some perspective on life. I used to be there at one point too. Not healthy man. It’s just pinball. Enjoy your wife and vacation. I think we will survive without you talking about how much money you have.

#3041 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The live action scenes remind me of those laser tag shows Photon and Captain Power that used to be in syndication hell in the 80s. [quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy Shit, I remember playing Photon as a kid (had my 5th grade birthday party there), but had no idea it was a show!

#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Rightfully so. Get some perspective on life. I used to be there at one point too. Not healthy man. It’s just pinball. Enjoy your wife and vacation. I think we will survive without you talking about how much money you have.

I don’t think you heard me say anything. You can blow that out your ass where you “used to be”

Don’t need any advice from you. I have great perspective so F you very much ! Mind your own business

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t think you heard me say anything.
Don’t need any advice from you. I have great perspective so F you very much !

Ice, you're always good for a shot to the nuts... have fun in Vegas, baby! (The "baby!" is required by law, and I now owe Telly Savalas' estate $10 bucks)

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Holy Shit, I remember playing Photon as a kid (had my 5th grade birthday party there), but had no idea it was a show!

I still have my Photon with box and the helmet set as well.

#3045 1 year ago

Everyone says they want different, they don’t want cookie cutter Stern. But when it doesn’t comport to what they are used to it becomes: “how dare they make this crap”. We want what’s familiar even if we say we want different. How many people complained GF used Wonka-like music.

This is different. I agree it can be different bad or different good. Jury is out on this one. I suspect despite the bad acting it will be different good, precisely because it’s bad acting. Wouldn’t want in my home, too repetitive. But on location I think this game will do well.

#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, but I've played enough games with non standard flipper setups to know I don't like it.
You may love it though. I'm not saying it's a mistake - just it's not for me.

So without even played it……you already are sure it’s not for you. I like to play it first before coming to a conclusion but that’s just me, well maybe some others would think that’s a fair way to judge it too. IDK

#3047 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ice, you're always good for a shot to the nuts... have fun in Vegas, baby! (The "baby!" is required by law, and I now owe Telly Savalas' estate $10 bucks)

Thx Buble! I can multitask all kinds of fun.

You sir have a great outlook with everything you are going through.

Can’t let the bastards wear you down.

This is an awesome launch day party. They don’t come around often!

#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The live action scenes remind me of those laser tag shows Photon and Captain Power that used to be in syndication hell in the 80s.

Aye, yes, Captain Power. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. I used to catch every episode. Living the 90’s latchkey life

8E352724-4726-45FE-80D7-46C86E0BFDDF.gif8E352724-4726-45FE-80D7-46C86E0BFDDF.gif
#3049 1 year ago

Hopefully the rough debut leads into solid gameplay reveals tomorrow!

I don't think anyone that was critical today was so because they want to simply shit talk. We all want AP, and all Pinball companies to succeed. It just gets vexing at times when the target market, us, seems to wonder why decisions are made at times.

Here's to a better tomorrow! Err, today!

(First round is on @iceman44!).

#3050 1 year ago

Game looks awesome, especially the Deluxe... now I just need a way to come up with $9K

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.