pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 146.
#2151 1 year ago
0A0A3D25-060F-4A63-A471-590186DE2BF1 (resized).jpeg0A0A3D25-060F-4A63-A471-590186DE2BF1 (resized).jpeg
#2152 1 year ago

The value of the ala carte items is ~$550. The standard edition, if it is released, would be around $8500. Not a great value, in my opinion, compared to the Deluxe. They wouldn't want to undercut themselves by upgrading a standard into a deluxe.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Hi Andrew, Phil said he'd have them listed later today.

Cheers Ian
Will check out later.

Going to be a year or two before arriving here I guess

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I want one but when it’s HUO at $6200 feels about right for me.

Hot Wheels. That’s the title for you. All day long at that price. Not a bad game either…

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

I think this will sell very well in the States, people want value not just a theme. If this plays as good as it looks it could alter industry perspectives.

Is it anything different than what AP has already been doing? I figure the industry is probably as altered as its going to get re: what AP brings to the market.

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I don't wanna be that guy and it's a leak, but there are at least 3 typos in this. As a marketing professional that bugs me lol. Does look fun though!

Let's see: rap, dutiesto, ice ream At least they got "it's" and "its" correct!
I remember seeing a misspelling on one of the trivia questions that flash on the screen on Houdini. It's a company tradition!
(I'm just giving them a bit of grief here. The game looks amazing.)

#2157 1 year ago

Is no manufacturer going to try and compete with Stern on the Pro level? It seems that is the market that is open, especially for an unlicensed title. A $7k GTF Standard/Classic would sell tons day one…either way, I wish AP the best and this game looks awesome.

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

i heard around 12/13h EST

But where will it be streamed?

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

If those prices are true I can’t see them selling that many…

What price were you expecting? $9,000 for a deluxe seems fair.

#2160 1 year ago

Space Barlow on the lunchbox is the most happy-making thing I've seen in quite a while.

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Is no manufacturer going to try and compete with Stern on the Pro level? .

No. Clearly nobody can.

#2162 1 year ago

The current villain looks way better and more appropriate (40's style) than the Mohawk girl they got rid of.

Very good move.

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Is it anything different than what AP has already been doing? I figure the industry is probably as altered as its going to get re: what AP brings to the market.

I think so, it's got the most appeal of any title they've revealed so far, and it doesn't rely on a theme to prop it up. Hope it does well for them.

#2164 1 year ago

2h till the reveal

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

2h till the reveal

Sorry haven’t followed thread.
Was their a reason they didn’t just reveal at TPF at this point? Seems so close now.

#2166 1 year ago

I think Nordman and American Pinball will hit a HOME RUN with Galactic Tank Force. Nordman is an incredible designer and his designs are always fun to shoot! Prices seem in line with other pinball companies...this is what NIB pricing has become. I think American Pinball finally has a game that outshines other pinball manufacturers recent offering. To me it has as much if not more appeal than Foo Fighters. Pulp Fiction looks amazing but it won't be out until Q4 2023 at the earliest....so many people will be dropping their orders on that one. Scooby Doo is a klunker and Godfather shoots great but the theme has no appeal at all especially considering JJP didn't even get the full license for the game....also hearing about Playfield issues for JJP again.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Was their a reason they didn’t just reveal at TPF at this point? Seems so close now.

Sounds like it was supposed to have already been on locations by this point. Who knows, but TPF will likely be when people get to play them first.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

If those prices are true I can’t see them selling that many…

Well we are living in a world where it doesn't matter if it looks like a pinball from the 70s or 80s, they still sell for these high prices.

In this case though, this seems like they went all out, shouldn't surprise anyone that this is selling at these prices. Just a lot of wishful thinking. I'd guess if they sold at the price people really wanted they'd sell more and also take a huge loss.

#2169 1 year ago

This buzz around the reveal for this game is nearly as big as Scooby and Foo Fighters.

Not bad for the final reveal of all the new games for March!

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. Clearly nobody can.

Sure they — or anybody else — could, but why in the hell would they? Anybody can announce they’re making a new pinball machine (with the minimal amount of details), and a shit-ton of people in this hobby start tripping over themselves to liberate thousands and thousands of dollars from their wallets.

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This buzz around the reveal for this game is nearly as big as Scooby and Foo Fighters.
Not bad for the final reveal of all the new games for March!

I think the hype will kick in if the gameplay looks incredible, currently it's a high level of impatience.

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

That’s awesome !Reminds me of the Frank Lloyd Wright homes near Chicago .I wonder if it was inspired by those .

#2173 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

2h till the reveal

You think you'll make it? Are you refreshing the page every 10 seconds?

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Is no manufacturer going to try and compete with Stern on the Pro level? It seems that is the market that is open, especially for an unlicensed title. A $7k GTF Standard/Classic would sell tons day one…either way, I wish AP the best and this game looks awesome.

Why would you? People are running over each other to keep paying more and more.

AP already tried playing the "best value" pricing card in their earlier titles and it didn't pay off. Why not capitalize on the prices when you can? They can always discount if they need to. No one gives them extra tips because they feel they deserve it....

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Sure they — or anybody else — could, but why in the hell would they? Anybody can announce they’re making a new pinball machine (with the minimal amount of details), and a shit-ton of people in this hobby start tripping over themselves to liberate thousands and thousands of dollars from their wallets.

economies of scale man. FF Pro is going to be way cheaper to make than a GTF. And Stern can design different trim levels with different playfields because they're going to sell so many, and because they've become so efficient thanks to the spike 2 platform.

Also Stern can afford to not have as high of a margin on Pros (and instead chase market share) because of how many Prem/LE they sell. 1000 LEs @13000 takes care of pretty much all the development costs...

Smaller guys can't afford to have lower margins on their pins. They gotta eat.

#2176 1 year ago

We already forgot about the screw….. I mean camera!

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Same reason most companies put out press releases before the trade show. To get the buzz and press going INTO the show.. and capitalize on it DURING the show.

#2178 1 year ago

Surely...SURELY, with so many folks always clamoring for 'original non-licensed themes'...this will clearly sell hundreds if not thousands! Time to back up that talk.

#2179 1 year ago

Whatever price you think is fair, take that and add $2k and that is the price

#2180 1 year ago

Some of the promo wording made it seem like they would be at distros today. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some in boxes ready to take home from TPF

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Wouldn't be surprised if there were some in boxes ready to take home from TPF

Well since Kim has mentioned that multiple times in this thread already, I except it...

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

But where will it be streamed?

I still haven't seen an answer to this. It seems like that would be front and center.

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Wouldn't be surprised if there were some in boxes ready to take home from TPF

Great for locals!
Too big for my carry on bag.

#2184 1 year ago

That was APs plan set forth in October 2021 with new releases. Get games out to distributors and arcades to play before ordering.

Quoted from PunkPin:

Some of the promo wording made it seem like they would be at distros today. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some in boxes ready to take home from TPF

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Surely...SURELY, with so many folks always clamoring for 'original non-licensed themes'...this will clearly sell hundreds if not thousands! Time to back up that talk.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

people want value not just a theme.

James Bond 60th would like to have a word with you.

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would you? People are running over each other to keep paying more and more.
AP already tried playing the "best value" pricing card in their earlier titles and it didn't pay off. Why not capitalize on the prices when you can? They can always discount if they need to. No one gives them extra tips because they feel they deserve it....

They could. Just strip out the moving saucer, physical ball lock and the pop up atomic shield. Done!

#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

We already forgot about the screw….. I mean camera!

Screw camera. Times three.

#2189 1 year ago

All this sweet, sweet FOMO has my pockets like:

60016073-82E6-4F04-9188-D2C42DE91921.gif60016073-82E6-4F04-9188-D2C42DE91921.gif
#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

James Bond 60th would like to have a word with you.

Value is a personal perception !!

It seems some value empty boxes more than those containing parts, it's a less is more thing, apparently!!

#2191 1 year ago

Those prices are whack. CGC the only company offering fair prices?

#2192 1 year ago

GTF Youtube trailer link:

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

GTF Youtube reveal link:

Let me adjust my zipper and get the tissues ready.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

GTF Youtube reveal link:

That says trailer, which doesn't imply to me that it will be legit gameplay reveal (though at least you'll probably see the ball bouncing around)

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

One has to look no further than the Turner Pinball thread to see a couple FOMO monkeys swinging on the nuts of that tree…

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

...so wrong.

#2197 1 year ago

Coming out last and those prices!? R.I.P.

Me at American Pinball’s funeral:

825DAC1F-5E6E-41A4-AB9B-6202F3103F39 (resized).jpeg825DAC1F-5E6E-41A4-AB9B-6202F3103F39 (resized).jpeg
#2198 1 year ago

Love Franchi's art package & color scheme
Love the retro 50's SciFi throwback vibes
Love Nordman's passion project enthusiasm
Love the throwback to simpler straightforward 90's-like gameplay
Love the non-licensed theme, allowing them creative freedom to just have FUN!

Really looking forward to see how the actors are integrated into the LCD display, and if it truly plays like a cheesy 90's laserdisc game. I really hope it does. So many refreshing ideas presented here. I wasn't a big believer in American Pinball before this, but I'm really rooting for this title to be the first homerun for this company. If you're going to do a non-licensed theme, this is the correct approach IMO.

I was never in on the tank version, but the deluxe version is tempting. Looking forward to the big reveal

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Next you'll be leaving the family and jumping on the ice cream truck/tank/spacecraft.......

#2200 1 year ago

I think my problem on the versions is that while I like the black version...the whole point of the retro tank look is lost with it. Thinking they should have kept the art the same across the versions....even if you don't get the turret. I suppose this is one of those times where in a lineup is it going to really matter? It's going to look just like every other game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/44?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.