pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 146.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I couldn’t believe it either. Lost a lot of respect for him after that.

Well - it's not like he's as bad as Jackie Chan.

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it's officially Wednesday somewhere. Where' the reveal??

C79F4919-9210-4E83-97F7-89DA9F587D82 (resized).jpegC79F4919-9210-4E83-97F7-89DA9F587D82 (resized).jpeg
#1953 1 year ago

Just got an unsolicited PM with pricing, guessing either i have a secret fan or lots of people got them.

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just got an unsolicited PM with pricing, guessing either i have a secret fan or lots of people got them.

please share

#1955 1 year ago

I am ready!...to pirate someone else's art from the internet. Credit to Guido Kuip.

guido-kuip-3dtotal-tank-guidokuip2017 (resized).jpgguido-kuip-3dtotal-tank-guidokuip2017 (resized).jpg
#1956 1 year ago

The gist.

$9k for the deluxe

$11k for limited (tank cabinet)

no set price for classic

there is also a "signature" edition (tank cab), and that is perhaps $15k (price not set)

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I am ready!...to pirate someone else's art from the internet. Credit to Guido Kuip.
[quoted image]

Bags not changing the next flat.

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

So glad someone brought this up.

Yeah me too I really want to rehash old politics with people who can't even tell the difference between a screw and a camera.

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

The gist.
$9k for the deluxe
no set price for classic
there is also a "signature" edition (tank cab), and that is perhaps $15k (price not set)

Well that's interesting enough, I wonder what the differences will be to "justify" a $4K premium for the signature model if the limited already has the Tank cabinet. I think we're all hoping for a lower-cost entry-level model, should know for sure tomorrow.

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well that's interesting enough, I wonder what the differences will be to "justify" a $4K premium for the signature model if the limited already has the Tank cabinet. I think we're all hoping for a lower-cost entry-level model, should know for sure tomorrow.

Yeah, I feel like as much hype on pinside, if these guys want to blow people out of the water, offer them at a lower price point than other current games and it would be a homerun.

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Dunno, i'm not in the new market and the markup will be excessive by the time it gets to Australia with 2-3k on top of the normal markup showing on Pulp from the same distributor at the moment. Looks like he's decided to kill the spot flippers by taking what they would have made for himself.

Has me wondering about why i was chosen to impart the info, but i guess i get it....

#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Dunno, i'm not in the new market and the markup will be excessive by the time it gets to Australia with 2-3k on top of the normal markup showing on Pulp from the same distributor at the moment. Looks like he's decided to kill the spot flippers by taking what they would have made for himself.
Has me wondering about why i was chosen to impart the info, but i guess i get it....

were those YOUR prices, or US prices

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah me too I really want to rehash old politics with people who can't even tell the difference between a screw and a camera.

Air freshener and I'm ready to throw down on both political sides.

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

were those YOUR prices, or US prices

I did ask the question, in the same manner you have, and got the predictable response.

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I know you all are having a hard time with this but it is just as an absurd conclusion to think that it’s a screw all cleanly oriented on the the top of a backbox where there has never been one before and appears to serve no purpose.

The whole folded backbox on an active machine is bizarre enough to the point where blowing the BOM wad on it automatically raising is somehow more realistic than a friggen $10 camera? Yeah ok no camera that’s just unpossible…

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Air freshener and I'm ready to throw down on both political sides.

I thought it was an air freshener/ice cream projector? But whoever thinks it’s just a screw is obviously crazy.

#1967 1 year ago

Interested in a Galactic Tank Force ?

PinballSTAR will be sending our usual email blast with easy 1 click ordering tomorrow when ordering is live. If you want to ensure to get our email blast with all the info - pictures, models, pricing, etc... Email Joe at [email protected] now !

: )

#1968 1 year ago

Wait. What if it’s a screw camera?

9239C2A6-6C9B-413F-8E6A-E014F9B223D6 (resized).jpeg9239C2A6-6C9B-413F-8E6A-E014F9B223D6 (resized).jpeg
#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Interested in a Galactic Tank Force ?
PinballSTAR will be sending our usual email blast with easy 1 click ordering tomorrow when ordering is live. If you want to ensure to get our email blast with all the info - pictures, models, pricing, etc... Email Joe at [email protected] now !

Emailed Joe 3 days ago and have yet to get a reply

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Emailed Joe 3 days ago and have yet to get a reply

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR will be sending our usual email blast with easy 1 click ordering tomorrow when ordering is live.

#1971 1 year ago

One would assume when you email someone to get on their email blast list or whatever, you would get some form of confirmation or acknowledgement

#1972 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Better known as the Ron Jeremy.

Snap, snap, grin, grin, say no more

#1973 1 year ago

Watergate
Spygate
DeflateGate
And now: ScrewGate & CameraGate

Quoted from LORDDREK:

I know you all are having a hard time with this but it is just as an absurd conclusion to think that it’s a screw all cleanly oriented on the the top of a backbox where there has never been one before and appears to serve no purpose.

I thought it was an air freshener/ice cream projector? But whoever thinks it’s just a screw is obviously crazy.

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, I feel like as much hype on pinside, if these guys want to blow people out of the water, offer them at a lower price point than other current games and it would be a homerun.

It'd be amazing but I don't think any manufacturer is going to be able to get close to Stern's Pro prices. Funny to say, but Stern pro machines are the best value in pinball.

If it's 9k for the Deluxe, maybe the Classic model approaches Stern Pro?
We have $8k PF, just under that for Scooby Doo, then Rush or GZ Pro for $7k. Those will be my points of comparison here, I think.

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Watergate
Spygate
DeflateGate
And now: ScrewGate & CameraGate

Oh, there are a few more. Mainly involving the tank cannon.

#1976 1 year ago

Just found a new photo on Knapp Arcade

972503_24cd0e47e46c4243b66f9fef498a66e8_mv2 (resized).png972503_24cd0e47e46c4243b66f9fef498a66e8_mv2 (resized).png
#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

The whole folded backbox on an active machine is bizarre enough to the point where blowing the BOM wad on it automatically raising is somehow more realistic than a friggen $10 camera? Yeah ok no camera that’s just unpossible…

Have you missed the posts pointing out that the actual artist who worked on the game confirmed it's not a camera but rather just a screw? Is it your assertion that it's just misdirection on his part?

#1978 1 year ago

[quoted image]

You can clearly see three cameras in this pic. Must have a VR mode.

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have you missed the posts pointing out that the actual artist who worked on the game confirmed it's not a camera but rather just a screw? Is it your assertion that it's just misdirection on his part?

haha. In all fairness, there are 1978 posts.... hard to catch everything.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Pfft. No one uses screws on pinballs. It’s all spetzer valves and ball bearings now days.

#1981 1 year ago

Imagine spacing the outer screw holes an inch more to the left & right thus making their placement blend into the rivets of Franchi’s artwork.

#1982 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Slightly off topic. But this frightens me.

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Slightly off topic. But this frightens me.

100% why I don’t airbnb.

#1984 1 year ago

That's a pretty rad GTF T-shirt as well.

Do American Pinball machines have power switches on the head like modern Sterns? Imagine it would be hard to reach behind the tank treads to hit a typically placed power switch.

#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Funny to say, but Stern pro machines are the best value in pinball.

Every time one of my mates gets to the stage that they want to buy their first game, that's what i say too.

Plus, for a new pinball owner, they require fuck all maintenance once playing out of the box. Coil stops, good rubbers and new balls will usually see you out.

Our aussie distributor for Stern (AMD) unboxes every game and set's them up after play testing for the customer (free play etc) then puts them back in the box and ships same day.

Great distributor.

#1986 1 year ago

[quoted image]

A bit of an ironic quote in the article that picture is pulled from:

"When folded down (see photo), it looks like a space-age tank that Scooby Doo and his mystery team might drive. "

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

That's a pretty rad GTF T-shirt as well.
Do American Pinball machines have power switches on the head like modern Sterns? Imagine it would be hard to reach behind the tank treads to hit a typically placed power switch.

That's an AP T-Shirt, not GTF but I have one and agree it's pretty nice.

Every previous A.P. game has the power switch in the traditional location under the front right of the cabinet.

#1988 1 year ago

Come to think of it, with the amount of plays some collectors have on their machines, it might see more use with the head folded down and the turret doing light shows.

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Every previous A.P. game has the power switch in the traditional location under the front right of the cabinet.

Proof of sanity.

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

The gist.
$9k for the deluxe
no set price for classic

So four editions. Where did we hear that before ?

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Proof of sanity.

If the design was about sanity a 6' machine would have a power cord longer than 4'.

Fuck i hate squeezing inbetween machines to plug and unplug. Sometimes i have to crawl under the fucking things. For the sake of 20 cents worth of cord.

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:The gist.
$9k for the deluxe
no set price for classic

For LoV, the classic was $600 less than the deluxe, and the stuff you got (shaker, knocker, light bar, art blades, magic glass) comes out to $620, from the random site i was looking at. seems super pointless to have two skus with the only difference being a few ala carte items where price is the same either way.

$8.4k for classic is meh. but assuming it doesn't take anything off the playfield and the gameplay looks fun I will probably buy it

#1993 1 year ago

This was not official, but i recognized the name. Take it as you wish.

#1994 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For a non-licenced game against the competition, I think that's a damn fine result for Galactic Tank Force.
But you're right, tomorrow is the official reveal and we'll see how quickly American can roll (pun) these games out.
I spoke with David Fix and they will have games in boxes at the show.

I know of people that have already told me they’re holding off their votes till tomorrow to see the reveal before voting. So let’s hope AP knocks it out of the park and goes up even more in the poll. Franchi has been hyping it quite nicely in this thread.

#1995 1 year ago

Holy shit guys, this just in, it has three cameras.
zoomandenhance.pngzoomandenhance.png

#1996 1 year ago

The final word on this matter......

plgtf (resized).jpgplgtf (resized).jpg
#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

It does beg the question, what exactly are they mounting with those 3 screws. Unless maybe it is placeholders for a topper?

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

I feel like the guy who put these screws here got tired of the screws falling down when he tried to mount whatever it is from INSIDE the cabinet. artwork be damned!

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It does beg the question, what exactly are they mounting with those 3 screws. Unless maybe it is placeholders for a topper?

But the turret is supposed to serve as a topper. Are they going to come out with a better topper that makes the turret redundant? And it would look weird as shit on the LE when folded down. Hopefully if such a topper exists they reveal it tomorrow so people can decide if they want that OR the tank cab, because I don't think you'd want both.

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

Cocholate, Vanilla and sprinkles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/40?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.