IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 145.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Good thing the Foo Fighters game that does nothing for you, has none of these elements

You should have kept Zeppelin Bro-that game rocks!

If you like the FOO-you definitely get the rainbow show-both in art and lights(taste the rainbow )

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You should have kept Zeppelin Bro-that game rocks!
If you like the FOO-you definitely get the rainbow show-both in art and lights(taste the rainbow )

Zep is a fine enough game to play on location but I'd never want to own that barren wasteland, although with the prices seemingly going lower and lower on it, I have to admit its somewhat tempting. If I ever bought one I'd just find someone who'd let me stick it in their bar and make a couple bucks off it.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'd never want to own that barren wasteland

Sometimes less is more and LZ's simplistic layout is what makes it special. Some people get it-some don't(same thing for TNA). The music is absolutely iconic and it never gets old. The one you had was loaded and you should have kept it.

If the leaked photo is accurate-I already love the color of the turquoise pops. The turquoise pops on Beatles are some of my favorite-love that color for some reason(reminds me of Fathom?)

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sometimes less is more and LZ's simplistic layout is what makes it special. Some people get it-some don't(same thing for TNA). The music is absolutely iconic and it never gets old. The one you had was loaded and you should have kept it.
If the leaked photo is accurate-I already love the color of the turquoise pops. The turquoise pops on Beatles are some of my favorite-love that color for some reason(reminds me of Fathom?)

I think you're thinking of someone else, I never owned a Zep.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think this platform was developed for guys limited on space that want to swap out games and not have to have multiple machines. Great concept-great idea-just not for me. I do like Heist the best because of a somewhat connection to theme but all the other ones I have zero connection with. I grew up watching Weird Al(met him in Maui) but the quirky connection is not there. When I play the P3 it feels off and I miss the entire playfield with physical graphics(not a fan of any TVs on PF-distracting to me). Now when I play my virtual the entire screen is a TV and I love it? The other thing that really turns me off is the center rainbow show. I am so over adding multiple colored LED's shining the rainbow for modern games(bad idea). From Stern expression to JJP rainbow show-enough is enough already-sorry I will get off my soapbox. As I get older I appreciate the subtle glow of classic machines. I used to be the king of LED's and now I am just a prince who likes the classic look of incandescent ,etc.

I purposely kept my comment brief so as not to go off topic or make you defensive. I'm not going to debate you, I just disagree with you and it was a simple invitation for you to come over.

All good my friend.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

not to go off topic or make you defensive

Sorry if I come off as defensive, I just like to explain things and why I think the way I do. Same reason I never give thumbs down to people-I would rather debate and have explanations for things-that's why we are on a forum to discuss opinions. Not sidetracking in a hype thread talking about other new releases. We do need to hook up-I want to play your Fathom Mermaid someday.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think you're thinking of someone else, I never owned a Zep

Sorry I am thinking of Hayfarmer-got confused

Hayfarmer-Haymaker- Both like Hay I guess

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey Hay Hay!!! (lol couldn't resist)

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

We do need to hook up-I want to play your Fathom Mermaid someday.

OK, but steady yourself. My Fathom is sitting right next to my P3.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

People have been getting us confused a lot lately

#111 1 year ago

I can't wait for this game to get teased-I will be like 'GTFO here-GTF is AWESOME!' Galactic Tanks are roaming my dreams
Pew Pew Pew

GTFO (resized).jpgGTFO (resized).jpgGalatic Tank (resized).jpgGalatic Tank (resized).jpg
#112 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I can't wait for this game to get teased-I will be like 'GTFO here-GTF is AWESOME!' Galactic Tanks are roaming my dreams
Pew Pew Pew
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta admit, looks pretty cool. Ain’t no Harry Pawter shit. More interesting than Gawdfashca or Skewby Due.

#113 1 year ago

They need to put something out ASAP as I think tons of people in the market are spending their pinball allowance money on Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, and Godfather.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

They need to put something out ASAP as I think tons of people in the market are spending their pinball allowance money on Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, and Godfather.

Truth. I need to see game pf and some lcd action.

#115 1 year ago

That's why everyone is racing to put these teasers and announcements of announcements out, to try and reserve that cash.

#116 1 year ago

If I was in their marketing, I would have NASA/Military like flight patches for this game to sell or hand out at TPF. Everyone on the team wears flight suits.GTF!

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's why everyone is racing to put these teasers and announcements of announcements out, to try and reserve that cash.

Def interested in this title but gonna need a lot more than teaser to secure any serious interest. Playfield design? Animations? Anything?
By the time TPF comes March 25th Foo and Scooby money will be spent by others. Limited funds and space means you don’t wanna be last in line for sales.

#118 1 year ago

Speak of the Devil... American Pinball just posted a new teaser video.

https://fb.watch/j33LpTd8vE/

#119 1 year ago

Let's talk about sounds and pinball sound effects. Some classic sounds that are iconic and fit perfect for pinball. People forget about the importance of good sound effects related to pinball. So many machines from previous eras captured the magical sound effects. I got a gut feeling GTF will have some cool sounds

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Def interested in this title but gonna need a lot more than teaser to secure any serious interest. Playfield design? Animations? Anything?
By the time TPF comes March 25th Foo and Scooby money will be spent by others. Limited funds and space means you don’t wanna be last in line for sales.

They don't need to secure your serious interest yet, just disrupt any serious interest you had in the other announcements going on.

#121 1 year ago

Teaser video looked ok. The tone was very serious sounding when I was expecting something a little less serious? Idk. Hard to gauge off a short game cinematic.

#122 1 year ago

Can you even call that video a teaser? I hope the tank crew gets a dance break.

#123 1 year ago

It looks similar to Metal Slug Armor with a retro 50's vibe.

#124 1 year ago
GTF 3423 Teaser Pic (resized).jpgGTF 3423 Teaser Pic (resized).jpg
#125 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Let's talk about sounds and pinball sound effects. Some classic sounds that are iconic and fit perfect for pinball. People forget about the importance of good sound effects related to pinball. So many machines from previous eras captured the magical sound effects. I got a gut feeling GTF will have some cool sounds

Completely agree. Include some, Forbidden Planet, sound effects and give it a funky, retro sound.

Maybe throw in some Leslie Nielsen quotes and some Anne Francis cheesecake.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#126 1 year ago
Galatic Tank. (resized).jpgGalatic Tank. (resized).jpg
#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

funky, retro sound.

The juices are starting to flow

#128 1 year ago

Thank you for posting.
I'm hanging in there but my enthusiasm just took a hit.

#129 1 year ago

If it’s doing retro futurism it should sound like classic solid states and be very synth heavy. It needs a theremin

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thank you for posting.
I'm hanging in there but my enthusiasm just took a hit.

Yeah. Hoping it's more of Forbidden Planet and less of a Fireball XL5 feel.

#131 1 year ago

Right now this and the new pin from Scott and multi are in the running for my next game. Would be my first for both companies as well.

#132 1 year ago

Kinda hoping for more outta this so called teaser…..

#133 1 year ago

I am digging the artwork and style so far. The retro-futuristic vibe, unique theme is mega attractive to me too. I am most excited for this reveal ( In comparison to Foo-Fighers and Godfather)

I am so stoked. My hopes are high. Let's see it!

#134 1 year ago

The teaser reminds me of some of my vintage toy space figurines

Vintage Space figurine (resized).jpgVintage Space figurine (resized).jpgVintage space toy (resized).jpgVintage space toy (resized).jpg
#135 1 year ago

Damn they are really also gonna let JJP do their full reveal before giving any meaningful information? The marketing at AP is mind boggling to me.

#136 1 year ago

The teaser didn’t need to silhouette the heroes we should have at least gotten to see them. Also some really tightly framed shots on the ball as it’s zooming around the playfield just to show us it is real.

#137 1 year ago

Yawn.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Damn they are really also gonna let JJP do their full reveal before giving any meaningful information? The marketing at AP is mind boggling to me.

I totally agree. Many of the podcasters are also talking about seeing pictures of the game. Seems crazy that they dont just release the photos to the general public.

#138 1 year ago

^^^ this ^^^

#139 1 year ago

The marketing at AP is mind boggling to me.

It’s almost like they can’t get out of their own way sometimes.. I’m genuinely rooting for them and this game above all the others coming out, but… seriously? That’s what you release as a teaser the same week as the Ff and godfather hype tornados?

I’m a brand designer and art director in the booze and cannabis industries, and I see this all the time, even with some bigger companies.

Someone under qualified finds themselves in a brand/ marketing decision-making position and bullheadedly insists on their “ideas” instead of hiring someone who knows what they are doing. Even the companies that do hire professional help can still be an absolute nightmare getting them do anything other than their terrible ideas.

I think it’s a product of people who built their companies from the ground up having an “I can manage everything” ethos, regardless of how out of touch and clueless some of their ideas are.

#140 1 year ago

Nice! Built in scorbit too. I listened to it with headphones, excellent stereo sound!

#141 1 year ago

I'm guessing AP doesn't have the production capacity to really make this matter. Even with a reveal at TPF they'll still probably slow roll these out over a period of months, at which time people will have been able to assess the other recent offerings.

I do understand the frustration, though. As an AP fan it's really hard to see the glacial pace continue, but hopefully they have a good strategy to get this to more locations so people can really experience them before committing.

#142 1 year ago

Seems like just at least showing a picture of a playfield would be a no-brainer at this point. And if it's an unlicensed theme then it seems like there shouldn't be any roadblocks to doing that.

#143 1 year ago

I get what you guys are saying and I'm anxious to see pictures too. But maybe let the dust settle from Foo Fighters for a week or so before revealing.

Just better hope they don't get a bookend squeeze from a Godfather reveal.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I get what you guys are saying and I'm anxious to see pictures too. But maybe let the dust settle from Foo Fighters for a week or so before revealing.
Just better hope they don't get a bookend squeeze from a Godfather reveal.

I heard Marlon Brando had pinballs in his mouth when he played that role.
Brando-3-4031535316 (resized).pngBrando-3-4031535316 (resized).png

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm guessing AP doesn't have the production capacity to really make this matter. Even with a reveal at TPF they'll still probably slow roll these out over a period of months, at which time people will have been able to assess the other recent offerings.

This is the way it appears to be. Everyone who wants will buy regardless and those who chase the next shiny thing were never potential customers in the first place.

I want my first NIB to be a solid reliable product and the current data suggests American is the best bet. And they finally have a decent logo…

#146 1 year ago

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to reveal your game the same week somebody else does.

The Stones and Beatles communicated and timed their releases to not step on each other.

Doesn't help anybody to be fighting for attention at the same time.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to reveal your game the same week somebody else does.
The Stones and Beatles communicated and timed their releases to not step on each other.
Doesn't help anybody to be fighting for attention at the same time.

Comes down to money. How much is a record or a cd? How much is a pinball machine? Which one would most (not saying all) people limit themselves to buying just 1 a year if that? The early bird get the worm, especially when it is super shiny and hyped up like crazy. They need to fight for attention! They need to step on toes and do what it takes to get the most sales. Right now that very limited pool of money is going to Spooky, Stern, and Jersey Jack. This is business plain and simple

#148 1 year ago

I’m in on FFs but I also have interest in this one .I have grown fond of Houdini playing it on league night and we were very close to grabbing a HWs back some time .They really do make a tank of a machine (no pun) .I can’t wait to get a look at this one but I definitely will need to play one with code close to 1 to dive in .

#149 1 year ago

Right now that very limited pool of money is going to Spooky, Stern, and Jersey Jack. This is business plain and simple

In my few years of pinball I have seen nothing that would indicate there is a limited pool of money. Now over hyped product and value? Yes all day long.

If GTFo has a sweet layout then American will do just fine…

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They all want to show their games at TPF in a couple of weeks so they kinda have to reveal them in the same window.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/3?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.