pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 146.
#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ive mentioned pneumatic assist. I dont think we are getting something motorized, but I do think there is going to be some sort of assist mechanism.

Yes there will be.

**Note that items in picture are just for marketing purposes. Some items will not be nearly as sculpted.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1552 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry if this was posted already but I heard on the slam tilt podcast something that I thought was a pretty good observation.
That tank picture - they were pointing out that there are no hinges connecting backbox to the body. They were speculating the head might be motorized then to lift up by itself.
If that ends up being the case I think that would be a huge plus and really complete the package. Hoping that’s the case!

This is not happening. Do you honestly think they are going to add gears and a motor to raise and lower the backbox?? Or maybe a bunch of industrial servos??? Put this to rest. It’s not happening.

#1553 1 year ago

I wish they could've gotten Billy West doing his best Zapp Brannigan for this pin.

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ive mentioned pneumatic assist. I dont think we are getting something motorized, but I do think there is going to be some sort of assist mechanism.

Nothing like this is going going to be added. You will use good old elbow grease. Can we put this to rest already?? See what happens when AP keeps dragging this out? Ughh

AE1D064D-2557-41A9-83F7-F83107B6A5E8 (resized).jpegAE1D064D-2557-41A9-83F7-F83107B6A5E8 (resized).jpeg
#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm a civil engineer, not mechanical. I don't like stuff to move. But how strong of a motor would it need to be to flip the head up by itself? Seems like it would need a lot of torque to get the backbox lift started. Like how would you build it if you did have it? Some sort of winch and pulley system? And then it would need some way to detect pinch points...
Just a lot of design complications

I too am a Civil Engineer! Pinball and Engineering - what a combo!

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Nothing like this is going going to be added. You will use good old elbow grease.[quoted image]

You're probably right since it's been posted that the idea was brought up and they squashed it at the time. Even if I wanted to raise and lower the head every time it got played, how would I access the back of the game to secure it in a lineup of other games? Just can't see their logic in this but then again I never would have thought a company would make a game after the fourth Toy Story movie either.

#1557 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The car customizers are reading this thread and face palming the ability of a pinhead to engineer and motorize a simple folding cabinet head. The actuators are off the shelf 12vdc linear actuators and some custom hinge and lever design using COTS parts and this is a done deal. Put a motion sensor to monitor pinch points and shut off head drive voltage with a deenergize to open circuit and be done. They did it for years on mini van doors, is this any different?

Yes.
Side to side is much different than needing leverage to pull something like this back/up.

#1558 1 year ago

This whole tank model cab is some big time Popadiuk-level retardation, and a motorized backbox ratchets it up several levels beyond that. Deeproot food truck game anyone? Please God don't let them have even wasted 5 minutes/$5 dollars even contemplating this stupid motorized backbox.

But I still want to see the full game reveal and am interested in possibly getting a standard model, lol.

#1559 1 year ago

So I guess this reveal isn’t happening today?

#1560 1 year ago

At this point when I walk to it that head better shoot up automatically, quickly and with a ton of fanfare - if not - I am out!

#1561 1 year ago

Dennis N said "very, very soon" so the reveal must be Saturday

#1562 1 year ago

If the cabinet is supposed to be a tank, AP should have made it drivable. For a few hundred dollars, one can buy a moving tank with a working cannon and rotating turret.

2418E072-C1C1-4CAC-9208-F0DE1614F97C.jpeg2418E072-C1C1-4CAC-9208-F0DE1614F97C.jpeg

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If the cabinet is supposed to be a tank, AP should have made it drivable. For a few hundred dollars, one can buy a moving tank with a working cannon and rotating turret.
[quoted image]

something tells me that's not going to hold 600 pounds.

#1564 1 year ago

As entertaining as it is to read the comments, I'll clear up a couple things.. The top is not motorized, there is no camera, the turret does not turn, there is a hinge, it has legs, treads hang on them (do not touch floor), packs up to move like any other game, head has special quick latch, game will still work if you don't hang the treads or install turret, there is an equally awesome regular cabinet version available as well. Nothing this crazy has been made since the Bally Williams days. It's just FUN! A week from now, we'll be flipping it in person at TPF! Hope to see you there.

#1565 1 year ago

You heard it here first, the hole in the top is an air freshening rotating ice cream hologram!

#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The hole in the top is an air freshening rotating ice cream hologram.

Do we have our choice of flavors, or does it only come in Galactic Grape?

#1567 1 year ago

Dang it... you read right into it.

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

As entertaining as it is to read the comments, I'll clear up a couple things.. The top is not motorized, there is no camera, the turret does not turn, there is a hinge, it has legs, treads hang on them (do not touch floor), packs up to move like any other game, head has special quick latch, game will still work if you don't hang the treads or install turret, there is an equally awesome regular cabinet version available as well. Nothing this crazy has been made since the Bally Williams days. It's just FUN! A week from now, we'll be flipping it in person at TPF! Hope to see you there.

Party pooper.

#1569 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think it will be more than just the box that is motorized...

I've already sold my car expecting to be able to drive this.

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

No motorized pleasure cannon?

#1571 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Dennis N said "very, very soon" so the reveal must be Saturday

Spooky said very soon with shipping Scooby and ot took over a week to ship, so our soon and pinball companies soon are very different lol.

#1572 1 year ago

OK, onto our next topic/puzzle.

Decipher Dennis's t-shirt. It must be some sort clue to go with the icecream cone. Right?

(I was outed so I edited)

Untitled 1 (resized).jpgUntitled 1 (resized).jpg

#1573 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Decyfer Dennis's t-shirt. It must be some sort clue to go with the icecream cone. Right?
[quoted image]

right after I decipher "decyfer"

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Decyfer Dennis's t-shirt. It must be some sort clue to go with the icecream cone. Right?
[quoted image]

A206FC32-9A30-49A1-A47C-6FCDA4A62EDE (resized).jpegA206FC32-9A30-49A1-A47C-6FCDA4A62EDE (resized).jpeg
#1575 1 year ago

Man, the art package on this pin is so cool & really psyched to see the gameplay.
Checks off a ton of boxes; hoping Nordman & AP knock this out of the park.

#1576 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Man, the art package on this pin is so cool & really psyched to see the gameplay.
Checks off a ton of boxes; hoping Nordman & AP knock this out of the park.

Second this... I'm really looking forward to the reveal and if the price is not bonkers I'm likely in on this.

#1577 1 year ago

Damn, that was quick!!!

#1578 1 year ago

Great to see Dennis Nordman at a company that values him. The old rock stars, Nordman and Mark Ritchie are back! Can't wait to see this game.

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm a civil engineer, not mechanical. I don't like stuff to move. But how strong of a motor would it need to be to flip the head up by itself? Seems like it would need a lot of torque to get the backbox lift started. Like how would you build it if you did have it? Some sort of winch and pulley system? And then it would need some way to detect pinch points...
Just a lot of design complications

Gearing and screw drives. But the big reason why you'd probably not do it is because of the big safety concern over having to build in all the automatic safety stops. Besides, we don't see what looks to be the necessary shrouding you would have to keep the hinge area enclosed. A big open hinge that is motorized and built to move like 30lbs over a big 3ft lever would be safety nightmare.

#1580 1 year ago

The playfield looks so jumbled up in the back of game and particularly at the spaceship area. It is a big mystery to me how the game will shoot (haha). I await gameplay video which will likely be next Fri at TPF around 7pm CT. Sure we’ll see GTF teaser #4 tomorrow at 9am ET. (I wish they’d show us the darn lunchboxes already. Anybody else having trouble sleeping)?

#1581 1 year ago

Instead of being on some weird or obscure quest to save ice cream they should have considered beef jerky, that shit is insanely expensive and worth fighting wars over.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Instead of being on some weird or obscure quest to save ice cream they should have considered beef jerky, that shit is insanely expensive and worth fighting wars over.

Why not both?

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why not both?[quoted image]

That’s not ice cream, that’s a vendetta.

#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Instead of being on some weird or obscure quest to save ice cream they should have considered beef jerky

Not just ice-cream. Thanks to Underlord, we now know its Bubble Gum ice-cream!

I'll be dropping more breadcrumbs and waffle cone clues before TPF 2023.
Or not.

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not just ice-cream. Thanks to Underlord, we now know its Bubble Gum ice-cream!
I'll be dropping more breadcrumbs and waffle cone clues before TPF 2023.
Or not.

[quoted image]

So it’s a free guy reference?

#1586 1 year ago

Just catching up on the past 32 pages. Is the head motorized?

#1587 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Aledgedly no but maybe.

#1588 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's more of a devine levitation.

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You mean imamaculate?

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

You mean imamaculate?

Yes, it has treads so technically, it does not need legs so therefore . . . . . imamaculate

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aledgedly no but maybe.

It's like the damn Grogu/Baby Yoda that doesn't move.

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aledgedly no but maybe.

NO!!!

#1593 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

905DB8D6-79D2-42CB-BB80-F02C346D04D3 (resized).jpeg905DB8D6-79D2-42CB-BB80-F02C346D04D3 (resized).jpeg
#1594 1 year ago

There is no motorized head. At this point int he pinball game, I'll settle for a playfield that doesn't shed clearcoat or dimple like it went through a Texas hail storm. The cost for a motorized head and all of the safety mechs would just be crazy prohibitive.

With that said, I'm all about a campy title and this being something different from the norm. Assuming they keep the pricing reasonable, I'll be in just for the craziness of it all......lol

#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Great. I’m looking for innovation in pinball.

#1596 1 year ago

Ice Cream Tank, get ready.

26994245_1714857251912402_6280402320612388407_n (resized).jpg26994245_1714857251912402_6280402320612388407_n (resized).jpg
#1597 1 year ago

I can’t wait to see this game in action. Of all the new pins currently out and on the horizon, this one interests me the most by far. It just looks fantastic.

I really hope we see some gameplay footage this weekend.

#1598 1 year ago
GTF Rec Room 50s (resized).jpgGTF Rec Room 50s (resized).jpg
#1599 1 year ago

I'm really excited to see it as well, allthough NIB pricing, aud$ and wayno tax on top will make it out of my reach and not worth it...

I'm not convinced on the icecream, should have been H2O or Oxygen...

loving the whole vibe of the thing though...go AP

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

[quoted image]

Pinball at its finest.

Baseball, apple pie and tanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.