pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 146.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Practically speaking, a motorised head/backbox is just going to cause extra problems long term so probably a good thing they aren't doing that and yes it would just be a silly cabinet gimmick, not the actual game. But come on guys - if they did show a video of the machine literally transforming itself from a tank into a pinball - I think my inner-child would be doing somersaults.

Calling all modders! I could get that motorized, if I wanted. And if I get the tank version.
Wouldn’t be that hard, and many ways to do it

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Calling all modders! I could get that motorized, if I wanted. And if I get the tank version.
Wouldn’t be that hard, and many ways to do it

I feel the cost of that mod would almost be the cost of the machine itself. Juice ain't worth the squeeze...

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

WHERE is the gameplay video I want it NOW

Might give JG Wentworth a call. I hear they can do that kind of thing with money, so why not pinball?

#1304 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I feel the cost of that mod would almost be the cost of the machine itself. Juice ain't worth the squeeze...

Nah, you could do it on the cheap with a pully system

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Depends on what the squeeze looks like.....

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Depends on what the squeeze looks like.....

61HtUDSnCoL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg61HtUDSnCoL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Might give JG Wentworth a call. I hear they can do that kind of thing with money, so why not pinball?

Well this marketing scheme doesn’t work for me. You got the other games following a similar formula- short teaser that gets you interested. Then a couple days later you see the game and features and your dopamine levels are excited. Then a couple days later they stream gameplay and you can order this thing and have it soon - your brain is shooting juice all over the place and you can’t help but pull the trigger
GTF… no so much

#1308 1 year ago

When is the reveal expected for this? At TPF?

I really enjoyed the 90's throwback feel of EHOH, but Nordman really looks like he's taking that idea on GTF to another level. I think this game might be the unexpected sleeper hit of the year. Alot of that initial hype & shine of FF & GF gonna wear off pretty quick.

We shall see! Looks really great so far. Just digging the entire vibe of GTF

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

your brain is shooting juice all over the place and you can’t help but pull the trigger

Well if now isn’t a good time to get off the laptop and take the dog for a walk, I don’t know when is.

#1310 1 year ago

I'm super excited for this...
Pulp Fiction team Knocked it out of the park with a perfectly balanced mix of Retro 70s/80s and modern sound design.
Scooby looks great.
Foo looks fun.
Godfather looks good but stupid expensive.

And here's Nordman going for that 90s Williams wacky humor and Whimsy. I love the Pulp Science Fiction humor approach.
I can't wait to see the full reveal.

#1311 1 year ago

Ok, so I guess the tank is serious.

Listen, Nordman is great. My EatPM will never leave, I'm looking at her now. Pure awesomeness.

But that tank is the dumbest, ugliest thing I've ever seen in pinball.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Listen, Nordman is great. My EatPM will never leave, I'm looking at her now. Pure awesomeness.

You own a Vampire, a Dinosaur, a Hot Vampiress movie host , and a Masked Murderer Pinball machines !!
A Humourous Space Pin is a Bridge to far for You !??
It's fun and Silly... relax.

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Well this marketing scheme doesn’t work for me. You got the other games following a similar formula- short teaser that gets you interested. Then a couple days later you see the game and features and your dopamine levels are excited. Then a couple days later they stream gameplay and you can order this thing and have it soon - your brain is shooting juice all over the place and you can’t help but pull the trigger
GTF… no so much

They(Stern, JJP, etc.) did the full reveals quicker than usual, probably understanding the glut of pinball options they were entering into. The slow burn with American Pinball can be due to a lack of experience, lack of confidence in the product, waiting for people to stop laughing at the ice cream tank thing, some other thing...

Personally I think they last minute decided they need to include a soft serve ice cream dispenser in this thing and are just figuring out the logistics.

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Personally I think they last minute decided they need to include a soft serve ice cream dispenser in this thing and are just figuring out the logistics.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If memory serves, they said the exact same think about Nordman's Boogie Man gimic in Party Monsters. Now it is a fan favorite.

#1316 1 year ago

More excitement to come kiddies…after another brief message from our sponsors.
B3B91019-222C-4C04-9D85-69F223343DC2.gifB3B91019-222C-4C04-9D85-69F223343DC2.gif

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And THAT’s why I love it!

#1318 1 year ago

Well

Quoted from pinmister:

The battle for the middle age man's wallet-a real battle royal with extra cheese
This game really reminds me of BBB and the changing UV lighting should make it pop.
Where's the video-can't stand waiting now that beans are spilled
Pew pew pew

Agreed, but isn’t UV lighting bad for your eyes? I remember reading something about this when COVID was bad. Everyone was installing UV lighting in their heating systems to counter it.

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

You own a Vampire, a Dinosaur, a Hot Vampiress movie host , and a Masked Murderer Pinball machines !!
A Humourous Space Pin is a Bridge to far for You !??
It's fun and Silly... relax.

I'm not talking about the pin itself. Just that goofy cabinet. It's obnoxious.

The pin seems like good light-hearted fun.

#1321 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It’s the best part. And if I buy one, the head will move up and down via remote even if I have to do it myself.

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

You've never seen Toy Story 4?

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

If memory serves, they said the exact same think about Nordman's Boogie Man gimic in Party Monsters. Now it is a fan favorite.

Not to mention it was copied to great success in Mars Attacks

#1324 1 year ago

For sale…a big … JUICY Tank.

4587E916-C625-4268-88BD-F71F98AE4F55 (resized).jpeg4587E916-C625-4268-88BD-F71F98AE4F55 (resized).jpeg
#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

WHERE is the gameplay video I want it NOW

It was actually recorded and has been sent but since it was on a planet 4 light-years away it's going to be awile before you receive it.

#1326 1 year ago

Where is that gameplay video ?

Come on, Foo Fighters, than The Godfather, than Pulp Fiction….. I want to see that bad ass tank in action.

Some of us need to make a decision about which one to buy if we can only buy one of these.

Don't miss the boat with that tank.

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It was actually recorded and has been sent but since it was on a planet 4 light-years away it's going to be awile before you receive it.

Maybe I can freeze myself until the day it arrives.

#1328 1 year ago

I don’t mind the strategy. Let everyone place their deposits GF, PF without knowing delivery times. By they time they all realize delivery is end of 2023 or 2024 swoop in with the games ready to deliver and steal all the CASH… BOOM!

#1329 1 year ago

Any pinball fired yet ?

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Any pinball fired yet ?

Don’t let Mr68 see you changed your avatar. Sh!t will get real.

#1331 1 year ago

Franchi said in chat on Flip N Out stream that the reveal is sometime in the next seven days.

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Franchi said in chat on Flip N Out stream that the reveal is sometime in the next seven days.

Oddly specific

#1333 1 year ago

Since there's no licensing to hold them up, I have to imagine they are making sure it's perfect to compete with all these other great offerings. They know they gotta wow us. Not sure how much room there is for 'it looks okay'.

#1334 1 year ago

I'm hoping the entry level for this pin is $6XXX.XX. Otherwise I'll just keep my pin account fat with BTTF monies.

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Tanks for the clarification. ;>

#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

When was that stream, what day?

#1337 1 year ago

Ive owned a wheel of fortune and thought that flipper set up was really fun and different in any line up. However with that target bank dead center it could be pretty tragic. Maybe thats why the target bank is arched but still would seem to lead to a lot of SDTM drains. I look forward to seeing some gameplay soon.

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm hoping the entry level for this pin is $6XXX.XX

I think those days are unfortunately gone.

#1339 1 year ago

I'm excited to see how the animations with live acting cut in (similar to old school gaming in the 90s) looks. I think if done well it could be REALLY cool.

Non licensed theme with the buzz now. If AP is smart they will price this just a little under b/c I might be there if so. If they come out swinging with a 13K price tag, it will be a missed opp. 8k or something similar would be a nice sweet spot.

As for that tank, I'm torn. My brain says dumbest idea ever but then that pic - something about it being so ridiculous grabs your attention and it's different. The one pinsider that wants to make the head lift automatically - now that is awesome if that were to happen or imagine AP already embedded that into the design. In fact, that would make it much more practical b/c I would leave it in tank form unless playing it.

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm excited to see how the animations with live acting cut in (similar to old school gaming in the 90s) looks. I think if done well it could be REALLY cool.
Non licensed theme with the buzz now. If AP is smart they will price this just a little under b/c I might be there if so. If they come out swinging with a 13K price tag, it will be a missed opp. 8k or something similar would be a nice sweet spot.
As for that tank, I'm torn. My brain says dumbest idea ever but then that pic - something about it being so ridiculous grabs your attention and it's different. The one pinsider that wants to make the head lift automatically - now that is awesome if that were to happen or imagine AP already embedded that into the design. In fact, that would make it much more practical b/c I would leave it in tank form unless playing it.

I can't think of anything cooler than walking into a game room that has a tank that turns in a pinball machine.

#1341 1 year ago

I like quirky things, and I love the campy vibe this game is going for, but I just can't come around to the tank. It's the dumbest pinball thing I've ever seen.

I also don't typically like games with a big perpendicular target bank dead center, so I'm concerned about the gameplay too.

That said, I can't wait to see this thing flipped, because I really *WANT* to love this game (at least the standard non-tank version).

#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Wait until Texas Pinball Festival 2024, when GWJ hits town with Trailer Trash or whatever it will be called.

Spoiled Meat, might be a good name for it.

#1343 1 year ago

Just think, if this is successful, in a couple of years we might see Stern's Galactic Race Car Drivin' that turns into a BMW. And I know there's a lot of people here who would jump all over that for $50k.

#1344 1 year ago

Is there a real trailer yet ? No ….Carry on

FEDB0906-F029-414C-9433-DD7D56D6ED51 (resized).jpegFEDB0906-F029-414C-9433-DD7D56D6ED51 (resized).jpeg
#1345 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just think, if this is successful, in a couple of years we might see Stern's Galactic Race Car Drivin' that turns into a BMW. And I know there's a lot of people here who would jump all over that for $50k.

I’d buy a Mach 5 that unfolded into a pin in a heartbeat !

4EA78592-7A91-4EF4-A214-33AD651DAFD2 (resized).jpeg4EA78592-7A91-4EF4-A214-33AD651DAFD2 (resized).jpeg
#1346 1 year ago

Just can’t with a pastel colored tank .Doesn’t look too intimidating to me .I’m definitely interested in the standard .

#1347 1 year ago

Or at least the tank less top tier .How many models are there ?

#1348 1 year ago

I think this game is going to be very cool and very campy; frenchi will kill it and so will Nordman

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

tank less top tier

Funny

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:Or at least the tank less top tier .How many models are there ?

There is no solid info that has been released yet. Kaneda, and others in this very thread, are just throwing whatever shit at the wall to see what sticks. There has been ZERO information on BOM, MSRP, number of models, etc. All we know for sure is that there will at least be 2... the limited tank version in all of the photos, and a more traditional looking version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/27?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.