pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 147.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Interesting. Not sure if they will be able to compete at that price point. Hope the regular version is much less or will be out of my price range.

Yes, considering that the base model of Pulp Fiction is $8k and the LE is $9500.

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was so in on this game but the last 3 pages of this thread discussing cultures, race, gender, and age have confused me? I'm not sure what I want anymore? I guess now I know how teens feel.

Yes, Imagine how kids at the elementary grade level feel too.

#1153 1 year ago

Combining Ice Cream and space / sci-fi, does that mean this is the next logical game:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Combining Ice Cream and space / sci-fi, does that mean this is the next logical game:
[quoted image]

Damn does that bring back some memories. SPACE HERPES MULTIBALL!

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

[quoted image]

Space herpes!

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Damn does that bring back some memories. SPACE HERPES MULTIBALL!

Dang. Beat me to it.

#1157 1 year ago

Need to refresh before posting.

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Need to refresh before posting.

There's plenty of space in.....space for herpes.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wrote my dessert-ation on ice cream and can say for certain we’re through the displays case.
We will help the princess Ice Cream become a Dairy Queen!
Some people might be insecure showing off an ice cream theme full of rainbow sprinkles and light shows. It’s a Neapolitan complex. No one will feel Breyers remorse.
There going to get so many orders, I hope American Pinball works on Sundaes!
Am I right or am I meringue?

Moderators, please freeze this account.

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Moderators, please freeze this account.

at least go soft serve on him. No need to ice him out completely.

#1161 1 year ago

The thread is following the normal progression from analyzing the cabinet and playfield in minute detail, to more price speculation, to motorcycle/car photos, to random banter/filler. Will be fun to see how it goes until AP's next move.

Not ruling out still buying GTF, but couldn't resist putting down a deposit on a Pulp Fiction LE. PF may be the strongest competition for GTF since both appeal to the retro, want something different buyer.

#1162 1 year ago

at least go soft serve on him. No need to ice him out completely.

Please don’t conevict me

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I know that the deluxe is going to be 12999. Due to the 8k budget in the game. AP spent more in the machine than a stern pro msrp.

For that price I would be out. I mentioned it before, hopefully there are three price points on this machine. The top tier being the one with the tank treads and turret, a middle tier that is similar to the old Deluxe verion and a lower tier similar to the old street version for arcades. Previously the deluxe has been $8400. If the playfield is packed to a whole new level to justify additional cost on the mid level version, I would consider that. I just can't imagine the tank treads and topper cost that much?

Right now the only game that I am in on for sure on this mega wave of new games is PF LE. Deposit is down and I can't wait. I am in line and have a position reserved for GTF, so here is hoping there is a version without the tank bling that is reasonably priced.

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wrote my dessert-ation on ice cream and can say for certain we’re through the displays case.
Some people might be insecure showing off an ice cream theme full of rainbow sprinkles and light shows. It’s a Neapolitan complex. No one will feel Breyers remorse.
Theyre going to get so many orders, I hope American Pinball works on Sundaes!

Nice! Are you in advertising?

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

For that price I would be out. I mentioned it before, hopefully there are three price points on this machine. The top tier being the one with the tank treads and turret, a middle tier that is similar to the old Deluxe verion and a lower tier similar to the old street version for arcades. Previously the deluxe has been $8400. If the playfield is packed to a whole new level to justify additional cost on the mid level version, I would consider that. I just can't imagine the tank treads and topper cost that much?
Right now the only game that I am in on for sure on this mega wave of new games is PF LE. Deposit is down and I can't wait. I am in line and have a position reserved for GTF, so here is hoping there is a version without the tank bling that is reasonably priced.

Sorry John, no custom button for PF unless you remove the shooter rod!

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Theyre going to get so many orders, I hope American Pinball works on Sundaes!

I thought this was supposed to be a vanilla thread about pinball

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I thought this was supposed to be a vanilla thread about pinball

No, it definitely has nuts.

#1168 1 year ago

And if punkin ever comes back, we will have the spice.

#1169 1 year ago

might be a seasonal thing though like Starbucks.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Nice! Are you in advertising?

No but I grew up on the rocky road

5D454E9C-F5F2-4DCF-B4FE-248141EA984D (resized).jpeg5D454E9C-F5F2-4DCF-B4FE-248141EA984D (resized).jpeg
#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

No but I grew up on the rocky road[quoted image]

11E5AE9C-4B97-45FB-8050-A9185250249D (resized).jpeg11E5AE9C-4B97-45FB-8050-A9185250249D (resized).jpeg
#1172 1 year ago

Maybe the game will gain collector status like a baseball card or comic book since it looks better folded up than it does set up.

#1173 1 year ago

TreyBo69 I would like to hire you at my next company party.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I had to retract a little bit. From what I heard is that the deluxe le. Which is different from the deluxe is going to be 12999.

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm happy for you and everyone else, but I had the opposite reaction after seeing Pulp Fiction.
I'm firmly in the Galactic Tank Force and will be reporting for duty when more information arrives.
That said, I think Pulp Fiction will easily outsell GTF because its a licenced theme and from a hit movie that I've always loved.
I also think I'll have my GTF several months before Pulp Fiction even hits the streets.
It's good that we're all different and were all lucky to have so many choices.

But people won’t see PF till 1st quarter 2024. They still have a lot of CCr’s to make. People are still waiting for their LE’s.

And PF will get old fast like many SS games of the 70’s and 80’s in my opinion unless you have a large collection. Price tag is stupid. And if AP was smart they would sell GTF standard edition for $7500 to $7800.

They need to draw people in with their pocket book also. Plus release some gameplay video already, three teaser videos? Seriously! They are losing sales to PF. Doubt many to GF (IMO)

Also daughter told me men who love pulp fiction movie is a serious red flag for woman lol

4EED8ABA-DD03-4EEE-AE58-4BB7BAAD13C5 (resized).jpeg4EED8ABA-DD03-4EEE-AE58-4BB7BAAD13C5 (resized).jpeg
#1176 1 year ago

Um.. newsflash ! Just about every guy loves the movies on that list

#1177 1 year ago

I'd be in but my wife is lactose intolerant. Hoping there's a frozen yogurt edition.

#1178 1 year ago

Any word on a full reveal and gameplay from AP yet?

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You’re right. I’m sherbet.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And PF will get old fast like many SS games of the 70’s and 80’s in my opinion unless you have a large collection.

That was also my initial thought/reservation but have you looked at the full rule sheet they published and SDTM promo? The game may look like an 80's SS but the rules and integration of music, speech & lighting are modern and impressive.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lots of women as well. Of course I feel the same about women who only watch romantic movies. They are living in fantasy land and will never be happy. So I guess we can stereotype and generalize both ways.

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'd be in but my wife is lactose intolerant. Hoping there's a frozen yogurt edition.

Gelato Tank Force?

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Absolutely 100% true. But that's locker room talk and not the story I tell when speaking to women.

Odd thing is they always reply in the same way. "My eyes are up here"

#1184 1 year ago

Gelato #41

#1185 1 year ago

Any word on a full reveal and gameplay from AP yet?

My guess is they drop the reveal / gameplay video on Saturday.

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

My guess is they drop the reveal / gameplay video on Saturday.

We taking bets on if the head moves up and down on its own yet? At a BOM at 8500, my guess is yes.

#1187 1 year ago

We taking bets on if the head moves up and down on its own yet? At a BOM at 8500, my guess is yes.

I have yet to see one single source posted anywhere, even though several people have asked, to show the BOM or where the $12k price tag is coming from. Still waiting..... All just hot air at this point.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Absolutely 100% true. But that's locker room talk and not the story I tell when speaking to women. Odd thing is they always reply in the same way. "My eyes are up here"

Always good to maintain eye contact in the locker room.

#1189 1 year ago

With the momentum necessary to move a box like that they better have triple redundant sensors unless they want to be sued into bankruptcy by the first person who will inevitably have his fingers crushed by a motorized backbox.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

I have yet to see one single source posted anywhere, even though several people have asked, to show the BOM or where the $12k price tag is coming from. Still waiting..... All just hot air at this point.

Gotcha. Thought someone had inside info.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

With the momentum necessary to move a box like that they better have triple redundant sensors unless they want to be sued into bankruptcy by the first person who will inevitably have his fingers crushed by a motorized backbox.

Good news all that stuff already exists thanks to the automotive industry and automatic rear gates on suvs.

#1192 1 year ago

I believe rosh said he suggested it but it didn't gain any traction. So unless they added after he left it doesn't move on it's own

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

There would be some sort of counterweight so the motor wouldn't have to be too strong. But yes, it would be a liability and an incredible waste of BOM that could be used elsewhere.

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

+ David Thiel..!!!
Edit: Thiel seems to not be on board....

He snuck over to work on pulp fiction!

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The thread is following the normal progression from analyzing the cabinet and playfield in minute detail, to more price speculation, to motorcycle/car photos, to random banter/filler. Will be fun to see how it goes until AP's next move.
Not ruling out still buying GTF, but couldn't resist putting down a deposit on a Pulp Fiction LE. PF may be the strongest competition for GTF since both appeal to the retro, want something different buyer.

It will either go silent (doubtful) or the usual downhill spiral into price vs value madness.

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Yeah…

12k is just as much a ‘nope’ as JJP and Stern.

#1197 1 year ago

Good news all that stuff already exists thanks to the automotive industry and automatic rear gates on suvs.

Yep. Amperage measured constantly by lift gate ecm. Like a gentle push on you while closing then stops and opens up.

#1198 1 year ago

I think if we all tread lightly, and stop waffling about so much, pecan work out more playfield hints.

Also, yeah, time for a full release...

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I think if we all tread lightly, and stop waffling about so much, pecan work out more playfield hints.
Also, yeah, time for a full release...

I wont mints words. Bring on that sweet release!

#1200 1 year ago

Go to the top of the page on this topic, any page actually and click on Image Gallery

Thanks, wasn't sure which one people were looking at.

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.