pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 146.
#951 1 year ago

Great art package. Next best thing next to a forbidden planet sci-fi B movie theme pin.

#952 1 year ago

I'm more interested in the space ice cream than anything to do with tanks....The logo really encapsulates that. The retro-future theme looks cool enough it doesn't need any of the tank war stuff, it could have been Galactic Diner or something.

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I will wait for pricing and I do not need the collector tank edition for an extra $5000
Wondering what they will do for standard edition? Really hoping for standard classic stainless trim
$6988 including delivery

I think the tank looks great, since they kept less defusing on the tracks, they can probably have the threads simulating movement.
Cool.

Will probably spell the demise for most robot vaccum cleaners though.

#954 1 year ago

Just waiting to see the videos and rules breakdown. If it's over $9k though it's going to be a pass for me.

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

I'm more interested in the space ice cream than anything to do with tanks....The logo really encapsulates that. The retro-future theme looks cool enough it doesn't need any of the tank war stuff, it could have been Galactic Diner or something.

Agree. Why need tanks if you're galactic? Besides, I think Big Guns covered the galactic tank theme already thank you very much.
Having said that, this game looks absolutely awesome.

#956 1 year ago

unless those four grey drone-like toys are supposed to be space tanks, im not seeing many tanks on this playfield.

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes dialed in. And also BKSOR (a license on an unlicensed).
Jjp and stern’s worst-selling games of the Pinside era.
Time to step up folks.
It’s pinball. It’s outer space. It’s babes. It’s space lasers. This is what you want. Buy it!

I’d argue FF was a smart way to go with licensing. Take a known license but a licensor that gives them free rein. Then make a great theme that is separate enough from the license that people who don’t like it still like the pin.

#958 1 year ago

Not sure about the ice cream and tank combination - maybe trying to be too much all at once - but it does look like it’ll be fun.

Next up gameplay and what they did for video. It’s a fine line between campy and cringey, and making movies and clips is a different skill set than building a fun playfield. Fingers crossed they nailed it, but if I’m being honest I’m sensing some cringe inbound.

#959 1 year ago

I may have to trade out something and get this game.. Time will tell but this checks alot of boxes.

Screw licensed themes. Most of them are old news.

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Will probably spell the demise for most robot vaccum cleaners though.

My first concern as well!

#961 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I really look forward to seeing some gameplay. Right now it's checking my retro sci-fi box. What pushes it over the edge is it combines my wife's love of ice cream....

Cows, ice cream, retro Sci fi… It’s hitting the right spousal spots. There is your marketing folks!

#962 1 year ago

Hype sucks. This game will be like the rest. Another American Pinball game that nobody likes. I would consider this to be their last game. Kaneda can guarantee it.

#963 1 year ago

Seriously? Kids trying man.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Why the friggin ice cream thing??? I hope it doesn't go too overboard with that crap.

Considering all the missions are labeled as ice cream sundae ingredients you might need a life jacket…

#965 1 year ago

I would also like to add, making your pinball machine look like anything else that's remotely redemption is not a great marketing move. A.D.D aside, to me it looks like a raw thrills machine initial off look. Certainly does not look like a commercial pinball machine to me. I think this will backfire because of the demo they are trying to speak to is not 6 years old. Just my .02

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This new wave are like Benny blanco from the Bronx. No respect for the street code.

carlito (resized).jpgcarlito (resized).jpg
#967 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I would also like to add, making your pinball machine look like anything else that's remotely redemption is not a great marketing move. A.D.D aside, to me it looks like a raw thrills machine initial off look. Certainly does not look like a commercial pinball machine to me. I think this will backfire because of the demo they are trying to speak to is not 6 years old. Just my .02

So the Company President apparently worked at I.C.E. and they are a large redemption game manufacturer. Also he was originally hired by American Pinball to manage marketing. This direction clearly has his blessing if not his fingerprints all over it…

#968 1 year ago

I would also like to add, making your pinball machine look like anything else that's remotely redemption is not a great marketing move

Why? Have you not noticed EVERY OTHER PIECE of equipment in the arcade doing this? From drivers, to pac-man, to TMNT, to Golden Tee...

#969 1 year ago

I'm starting to wonder how I would fit this against the wall in my lineup. Looks like the turret would push it out a little bit.

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Looks like a nightmare to assemble and get down the line to fullfill orders. I can see 13k. If the tank tracks doubled as an escalara it would be worth it in gold.

that's the coolest idea since Toppers! hell, even take it for a beer run!

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I'm starting to wonder how I would fit this against the wall in my lineup. Looks like the turret would push it out a little bit.

Many thought the same until the “Tale of the tape” showed there was about 9” space due to forward lean of back box.

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Many thought the same until the “Tale of the tape” showed there was about 9” space due to forward lean of back box.

Or as punkin said, about 23cm

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Or as punkin said, about 23cm

Look man they call it Imperial for a reason…

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Pinball companies then jacked their prices up to match, which alienated/lost a lot of collectors and potential buyers.

Stern is in the process of more than doubling their square footage, so it seems to be working out so far.

#975 1 year ago

I'm considering signing all of my emails with, GTF, right above my signature. - Let them figure it out.

No, I don't want you dating my daughter.

GTF

Kim

#976 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I’d argue FF was a smart way to go with licensing. Take a known license but a licensor that gives them free rein. Then make a great theme that is separate enough from the license that people who don’t like it still like the pin.

That's why Iron Maiden does so well, and I'm not even into band pins much..the theme is an 'escape theme', which broadens the fan-base a lot.

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm considering signing all of my emails with, GTF, right above my signature. - Let them figure it out.
GTF
Kim

get to fucking?

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Why? Have you not noticed EVERY OTHER PIECE of equipment in the arcade doing this? From drivers, to pac-man, to TMNT, to Golden Tee...

Which is exactly what I am saying. Pinball has a uniform look, and has for ages. There's nothing wrong with re-inventing the wheel, but I think it doesn't look like a pinball at first, or 2nd glance.

I really think between the fact that American pinball hasn't pumped out a good pinball ever (fight me about it), and the fact that they are trying to re-brand a form factor that will make a pinball looking hybrid, it will make it difficult to gain any traction for their next game release. Especially in a majorly saturated market.

I love original themes and artwork, and I like he way this one looks. I just feel that American Pinball has too much to prove to keep itself competitive in this saturated market when everyone's releasing at the same time.

There just isn't enough food at the table for all these companies to eat. Someone will starve and it will be American before spooky, CGC, JJP, or Stern in that order.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

GTF
Kim

Quoted from TreyBo69:

get to fucking?

He only said no "dating" so you're probably safe ...

#980 1 year ago

Here we go again. The price is too much. 8k budget budget on materials(bom). New Pinball is back as a luxury or for locations.

It's one thing to be a price police on used machines.
But new machines fresh off the assembly line.

Most of people who bash the machine for price. Those who can't afford it and those who can't flip it to make money. So they bash it to make themselves feel justified for the real reasons why.
If you like it buy it. EHOH was supposed be a cornerstone but Dennis didn't want to make a water down version of it. If price is a issue play one on location.
It's time for locations to be a great thing again

#981 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

8k budget budget on materials(bom).

Got a source for this? Is GTF the "Titanic" of pinball?

#982 1 year ago

Which is exactly what I am saying. Pinball has a uniform look, and has for ages. There's nothing wrong with re-inventing the wheel, but I think it doesn't look like a pinball at first, or 2nd glance.
I really think between the fact that American pinball hasn't pumped out a good pinball ever (fight me about it), and the fact that they are trying to re-brand a form factor that will make a pinball looking hybrid, it will make it difficult to gain any traction for their next game release. Especially in a majorly saturated market.

Having operated 2 of their three titles.. and having unboxed the other. I just don't agree with your take.

I don't buy into your proposed justification for the form factor either. No one branded Nordman's Woah Nellie cabinet 'a pinball looking hybrid' for trying to create something that visually stood out.

AP is dealing with the most crowded release market in decades - for sure... but I think your take on their motivations and target are off.

#983 1 year ago

I would consider this to be their last game. Kaneda can guarantee it.

Well, if kaneda said it - I guess it's time to fold up the tank treads and close up shop.

#984 1 year ago

This pin, Scooby and Foo look like an entire decade of pinball fun squeezed into one glass. And this is on the heels of all time greats like GZ and DP, which you can still get new. It's pinball heaven right now.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

get to fucking?

not-on-my-watch-nwabudike-bergstein.gifnot-on-my-watch-nwabudike-bergstein.gif

#986 1 year ago

So I guess free ice cream at TPF during the AP seminar?

#987 1 year ago

(fight me about it)

Why fight when our whole family enjoys Oktoberfest? Each his own...

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

So I guess free ice cream at TPF during the AP seminar?

Ooh, the possibilities!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#989 1 year ago

I love original themes and artwork, and I like he way this one looks. I just feel that American Pinball has too much to prove to keep itself competitive in this saturated market when everyone's releasing at the same time.
There just isn't enough food at the table for all these companies to eat. Someone will starve and it will be American before spooky, CGC, JJP, or Stern in that order.

This is the 'old white guy' mentality that will/could potentially kill pinball, and everything else 'Arcade'..The market is driven by kids, not us middle-aged or older dudes..Quite frankly, many kids don't GAF about pinball, arcade, whatever..their cell phones and consoles take up most of their breathing lives..SO, thinking outside the box (and adding to it) is the kind of innovation we need to keep 'the spirit alive'..and I'll tell you, they wouldn't give a rats ass if all of this faded away..UNLESS people throw their balls out there, and innovate/re-imagine what the rest of 'US' feel is silly..and I won't even go into the old-man themes of late (ok sample here)..bring female pop/rap artists into themes (Madonna and newer, etc), Anime would get TONS of attention..again, themes that 'us guys' probably don't prefer, but it's like sinking our own ship (companies and pinheads alike), esp considering the state of affairs of current economy, recession..yadda yadda.

#990 1 year ago

Tshirt idea for TPF? I’ll be at MGC so maybe I’ll print one up by then. Franchi - Could you make up an “eat ice cream and kick ass” version using your fonts? I’d love to see this graphic! Metaluna5
81B7DB8E-DA55-4875-AF58-4F616D761649 (resized).jpeg81B7DB8E-DA55-4875-AF58-4F616D761649 (resized).jpeg

#991 1 year ago

Tank cabinet is very cool. Makes me want a GTF even more, and you had me at Nordman.

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This is the 'old white guy' mentality that will/could potentially kill pinball, and everything else 'Arcade'..The market is driven by kids, not us middle-aged or older dudes..Quite frankly, many kids don't GAF about pinball, arcade, whatever..their cell phones and consoles take up most of their breathing lives..SO, thinking outside the box (and adding to it) is the kind of innovation we need to keep 'the spirit alive'..and I'll tell you, they wouldn't give a rats ass if all of this faded away..UNLESS people throw their balls out there, and innovate/re-imagine what the rest of 'US' feel is silly..and I won't even go into the old-man themes of late (ok sample here)..bring female pop/rap artists into themes (Madonna and newer, etc), Anime would get TONS of attention..again, themes that 'us guys' probably don't prefer, but it's like sinking our own ship (companies and pinheads alike), esp considering the state of affairs of current economy, recession..yadda yadda.

100% what u said.

The first response when i say 'pinball' anywhere is, 'they still make those? Ding ding with the ball and stuff?'

My kids also dont see their friends into this and hence, 'its just something my dad plays'.

Its already a dad sport, for rich old white. Yes anime would be great.

And no, no one cares or gaf about godzilla in the last 10 yrs other than pinball ppl that care what other pinball ppl have in their game room. Best game ever or not.

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Tshirt idea for TPF? I’ll be at MGC so maybe I’ll print one up by then. Franchi - Could you make up an “eat ice cream and kick ass” version using your fonts? I’d love to see this graphic! Metaluna5
[quoted image]

Lose the exclamation point = better. Or photoshop his face on top of duke nukem, or a movie clip from They Live.
Good idea, but could get really good. Trying to help with the cool-factor.

#994 1 year ago

I reckon that extra button will raise the post when hit, but it will also raise the flippers, risk/reward......

The ball is going sdtm, you can see it from on the way up the playfield, let alone after it stops and starts coming back.

Do you A, try a slide on carpet at home or or try and beat the op's tilt settings with a slide to save your ball?
Or B, hit the button, post comes up, both flippers come up by themselves, and you loose the ball down a side slot and get a nice bloody bonus instead of a tilt.

Happy to bet a lottery ticket on it.

AndIt'sOneI'dBeAbleToUseOccasionallyPunkin

#995 1 year ago

I like it so far. Great art package with the color scheme. Not sure with the treads but whatever. Its Nordman and can't wait for gameplay.

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Use the cannon on top to blow a hole in the wall for expansion and more space!

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Here we go again. The price is too much. 8k budget budget on materials(bom). New Pinball is back as a luxury or for locations.
It's one thing to be a price police on used machines.
But new machines fresh of the assembly line.
Most of people who bash the machine for price. Those who can't afford it and those who can't flip it to make money. So they bash it to make themselves feel justified for the real reasons why.
If you like it buy it. EHOH was supposed be a cornerstone but Dennis didn't want to make a water down version of it. If price is a issue play one on location.
It's time for locations to be a great thing again

No, you are wrong. I can afford every game coming out right now, I just choose not to. They are way too pricey for what they are. It's called justification for spending that much. Most people do it, it's also why people get all bent out of shape when other people point out issues with the game they just dropped a deposit on. They need people to mentally validate their decision to part with so much money over such a trivial thing. I'm pretty sure everyone knows deep down these things are way too expensive. People are going to complain about price, and other people complaining about those people....aren't going to stop it. Let it go. Complaining about prices is what we as humanity were meant to do. And then we buy it anyway.

#998 1 year ago

I'm ready to support AP with a purchase after I see and hear the game play, call outs and music.

I really hope they can put together a cool Retro music package. I was almost in on Oktoberfest back in the day but the way they launched it with the Rock music was a no go for me. Looks like basically a whole new team so I'm excited.

I cool with a Random space theme and I'm already trying to figure out what to sell to make a spot for this one. Looks Great

#999 1 year ago

Imagine bellyaching about price until they start making cardboard pins that you can buy at walmart.

#1000 1 year ago

#1000 Post, can’t wait to see the reveal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/20?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.