pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 146.
#801 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I don't see the targets lowering like attack from Mars they don't seem to have any flush surface for the ball to travel on like a drop Target does they look like regular targets on the top, the balls could get stuck in the route of the playfield and start chipping it up

Agreed. Up kicker looks more like a skill shot.

#802 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

they look like regular targets on the top

It also looks like something is going on under ramp area. Could hit the VUK with ramp lifting? I can't see the ball dribbling down from pops

Pinside_forum_7461913_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7461913_0 (resized).jpg
#803 1 year ago

Purely on an aesthetic I love this. Way more exciting theme and art than anything since Godzilla, for me at least. Can't wait to see how it plays! If the code and play is half decent this could be a real winner. Feels like a cross of AFM and BBB...

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So looking at the layout-my only concerns are the center bash targets being stationary(Airborne got old because of rejects too close to flippers) and second is the unique in lanes at bottom of flippers. What happens when flipper is up and ball nails metal post and rejects back upwards towards flippers? Looks very interesting and want to figure out how things work and how it flips.
Wonder if the ships will go off like ATM-that is an awesome feature if so
[quoted image]

What’s with the five stationary targets in the middle, that would be better with drop targets that feeds in the something else

#805 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m excited too but christ on a cracker man, patience. Don’t commit quite yet.
So many boxes checked, only two boxes to go: sounds/gameplay and PRICE. If this sounds like teaser: sold.

One can't be too careful. What if I die during the night? At least I can go in peace, knowing that I would have gotten this pin if I had not died.

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

that would be better with drop targets that feeds in the something else

Lots of games that do that-Spiderman is one of my favorites. I do think they are stationary-if they lowered the playfield would get mangled up. Now I think the ramp lifts or something?

Who is ready to make some sundaes? I can see getting to sprinkles and the juices are flowing

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

One can't be too careful. What if I die during the night? At least I can go in peace, knowing that I would have gotten this pin if I had not died.

Can’t argue that logic. Much like this pin its draw is as escapable as a black hole. Damn your logic Sir!

#808 1 year ago

TPF shaping up to be a tasty show between the BBQ and the inevitable GTF ice cream stand.

#809 1 year ago

Must be something at the top of the ramp. Potnik's lab, open when lit and sundae jackpot suggests diverter.

#810 1 year ago

BTW all of this speculation about the shots, ramps, VUKs, etc. is really fun - hell of a lot more entertaining than reading complaints about light colors. If just half of you are right this pin is going to be absolutely epic!

#811 1 year ago

Looks like some cool light stuff going on there...

From Kman's FB page.

tank (resized).jpgtank (resized).jpg

#812 1 year ago

Fantastic art aside, I'm concerned that there isn't more to the playfield, especially if the versions offered push up against Stern premium and LE pricing. Hopefully the ship really interacts with the ball in a special way and doesn't just pop open like a jack-in-the-box. Was hoping to see a packed world-under-glass like Houdini and Oktoberfest but with great Nordman flow and Franchi art. Was almost a certain buyer of top version but am now 50/50. Love Galactic Tank Force but am not sure about Intergalactic Ice Cream Social.

#813 1 year ago

love the glowing green but what's up with the chick in the lower right? Psychic powers or brain freeze from too much ice cream??!

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Fantastic art aside, I'm concerned that there isn't more to the playfield, especially if the versions offered push up against Stern premium and LE pricing. Hopefully the ship really interacts with the ball in a special way and doesn't just pop open like a jack-in-the-box. Was hoping to see a packed world-under-glass like Houdini and Oktoberfest but with great Nordman flow and Franchi art. Was almost a certain buyer of top version but am now 50/50. Love Galactic Tank Force but am not sure about Intergalactic Ice Cream Social.

No idea on pricing. Hoping AP doesn’t push on that. Already too many in the deep end of that pool. How much more to this do you need? JJP already showed that packed solid does not equate to fun. Besides, this looks pretty full already.

#815 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

love the glowing green but what's up with the chick in the lower right? Psychic powers or brain freeze from too much ice cream??!

Just your typical evil alien queen controlling her robot army.

#816 1 year ago

Im not sure if it’s been said yet, but this game looks udderly ridiculous. I love it!

#817 1 year ago

You know that latest image does make it look like the left ramp bottom lifts to shoot under the ramp to that lab/lock saucer and VUK, to feed the lock wireform, or into the pops.

Just above the little decal with arrows on the bottom of the ramp, there looks like screws holding the ramp bottom section to a cross-piece that might rotate it up.

#818 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

All the chicks get that look most of the time in my experience.

#819 1 year ago
sc332 (resized).pngsc332 (resized).png
#820 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

No idea on pricing. Hoping AP doesn’t push on that. Already too many in the deep end of that pool. How much more to this do you need? JJP already showed that packed solid does not equate to fun. Besides, this looks pretty full already.

While I get where you are coming from, since the increased cost has something to do with the ever increasing costs of hardware, I'm not sure how a lower end manufacturer that sells less units can keep the costs down.

#821 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I love Led Zeppelin so am not enamored with more is better. But after seeing the toys and physical ball interaction in Oktoberfest and Houdini was envisioning more in GTF. Guessing pricing is going to be $9-12k. At that level would like at least one jaw dropping toy - like the ship in Multimorphic Final Resistance. We'll see - at the end of the day it comes down to level of fun.

#822 1 year ago

This game looks awesome- c'mon AP let's see some gameplay!

#823 1 year ago

The playfield looks loaded and awesome, I hate the cabinet design, but in for a regular version...I will be buying one.

Can't wait to see the full reveal

#824 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

That looks like their hold coil ball lock in the back there (wire form) with optos over and under. Great that they moved away from those membrane switches.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

#825 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The playfield looks loaded and awesome, I hate the cabinet design, but in for a regular version...I will be buying one.
Can't wait to see the full reveal

I can appreciate this. But man, some people want that “WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING” vibe. I’m one of those people. Need to see how the game plays, like many, but love everything about this so far.

One requirement, I love AP magnets, damn well better have many magnets.

This game is a gamble for AP, and I truly want it it to pay off for them. Huge fan of Oktoberfest.

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I can appreciate this. But man, some people want that “WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING” vibe. I’m one of those people. Need to see how the game plays, like many, but love everything about this so far.
One requirement, I love AP magnets, damn well better have many magnets.
This game is a gamble for AP, and I truly want it it to pay off for them. Huge fan of Oktoberfest.

I currently own LOV and owned HW in the past. This criticism comes from someone that loves AP’s pins.

The tank cabinet is f’n ugly as hell, make a super limited run of the tank cab and mass produce a regular cab and start to make some $$ AP

#827 1 year ago

So the wire form up top in the back is definitely a three ball physical lock. Very cool location and style!

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I currently own LOV and owned HW in the past. This criticism comes from someone that loves AP’s pins.
The tank cabinet is f’n ugly as hell, make a super limited run of the tank cab and mass produce a regular cab and start to make some $$ AP

Could very well be great advice. Personally have no clue. Most good ideas seem like bad ideas at first to some people. Calculate those percentages !

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It also looks like something is going on under ramp area. Could hit the VUK with ramp lifting? I can't see the ball dribbling down from pops[quoted image]

Now this is what I want to see more of. No idea how it shoots but atleast it looks more packed than others. Excited to see this one as well. Looks like a new version of attack.

#830 1 year ago

I...think... it's "Plotnik".

Looks like Kerri Hoskin's character on the lower right apron plastic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerri_Hoskins

#831 1 year ago

Funny I never liked the rocking targets in the old Williams, but this one has a tractor beam and flying saucer up top? Ok, that I do like. Also, looks like the rings of Saturn have LEDs to simulate rotation. With the mirror this should look amazing. Hopefully I'm not wrong or I will have to start working on a mod!

#832 1 year ago

Lots of shots with a simple layout. Have a feeling I will be cradling quite often trying to aim for hurry ups?

Hoping the animations match the style art and I heard the call-outs are special. Usually we see video shortly after they spill the beans-where's the video-I am excited!

#833 1 year ago

This looks really cool. Cannot wait to see gameplay. Rooting for AP to have a hit here.

Playfield is interesting.. art looks great…. Bring on a great sound package and animation.

#834 1 year ago

So if balls stack in three ball lock in wire forms wondering what ship flap does on top of ship. Another multi-ball or something pops up and out like Jester in CV?

#835 1 year ago

this game might be my excuse to down size, go with 2 solid pins? hopefully it doesn't suck. so much going on it should. post ball save, looks like last chance, ramps, moving targets, magnets?, i bet the center drops hide a scoop of sorts

#836 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

I already put my order in for one, tank and all. No way I will not get this. Anyone else?

who is taking orders?

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

this game might be my excuse to down size, go with 2 solid pins? hopefully it doesn't suck. so much going on it should. post ball save, looks like last chance, ramps, moving targets, magnets?, i bet the center drops hide a scoop of sorts

Noordman has been waiting years. I have confidence this will be a good one!

#838 1 year ago

Not just a flying saucer swinging back and forth above the rocking target.
There is a Holstein cow in the tractor beam between the saucer and target.
cow in beam (resized).jpgcow in beam (resized).jpg
cow in tractor beam (resized).jpgcow in tractor beam (resized).jpg

#839 1 year ago

I want the rocket ship flanked on both sides by space tanks as a topper. Toss some ice cream and a cow somewhere in there and it would look so cool!

Pinside_forum_7462146_3292191b (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7462146_3292191b (resized).jpg
#840 1 year ago

Third or fourth person to mention it.

"Will you look at the size of that cow?"

#841 1 year ago

Just an optical illusion right?

ctf569 (resized).jpgctf569 (resized).jpg
#842 1 year ago

I remember seeing a cool lamp that would make for a good topper

GTF mod (resized).jpgGTF mod (resized).jpg
#843 1 year ago

I am getting a lot of Dr. Dude vibes on the layout and artwork.

#844 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I like it, definitely the most interested I have been in an AP game. Unfortunately have all my pinball cash committed for the near term. I hope they have made some strides in the graphics/animation department over past games.

You can come over and play mine

#845 1 year ago

Metal UFO pendant light hanging over machine

UFO (resized).jpgUFO (resized).jpg
#846 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just an optical illusion right?[quoted image]

First thing I noticed was the weird mismatched leg sizes.

#847 1 year ago

Would you rather watch the Oscars with the wife or talk about GTF?

#848 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

:whistle:Would you rather watch the Oscars with the wife or

B, regardless of what it is.

#849 1 year ago

I don't know Eva has some great cleavage in that dress

#850 1 year ago

Now Salma-she is popping out-literally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/17?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.